How to get a job at Cintas.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 161)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Cintas? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Robert

99 months ago

Marcus said: No I do not work for Cintas. Im trying to get in.

I have applied several times at Cintas to no avail. I have an MBA and a number of years as a team leader in a fast paced production setting. I have applied for both the Production Supervisor and Management Trainee positions, only to be turned down for both. I have no idea what they are looking for but apparently it is not someone with my skills, experience or education.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

C.Brown in Montgomery, Alabama

99 months ago

My husband applied for a Advanced Management position on January 3rd. About a week later he got an email from an HR person who requested an interview. He first interviewed with her-then had an interview with two GM's- neither of which were the GM of the branch which he had applied-90 miles away! A couple of weeks later he met with the GM of the branch which he applied. He felt pretty confident about being hired- and said the GM had told him that he had a drug/back ground check and either a face to face, or phone meeting with the regional manager, and it was a done deal.
The date which he should have received a call passed not a word. So he called the GM whom had assured him things were "great" at the interview. The GM wanted to meet with my husband (again) to "make sure we are on the same page". A date was set for the next day(Fri). The following morning about 45 mins before they were to meet the GM called my husband to let him know that "er, something important came up- wont be able to meet today,and I ll be out of town until Weds...I ll be in touch with you before Weds to reschedule."
Wednesday comes and nothing...
So my husband calls him....another date has been set for the following day at 9 am.
The next morning while my husband is at the branch waiting on the GM he gets a call at 8:55 (or so) from the GM.... another "something came up" excuse. And wanted to know if my husband could come back around noon. My husband told him "I cannot meet with you then because I have a JOB and my boss depends on me to be there to DO IT."
The GM said "I understand that man." (HA-doubtful)
They AGAIN reschedule-for the next morning to have breakfast. With the GM giving his word my husband would know "yes" or "no"at that time.
The next am they met again.The GM had nothing overly informative about the position for my husband.(so,no "final answer" as assured)
When my husband pressed him on it he flip-flopped,and promised to call within 24 hours.
12 days ago..and Nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Robert

98 months ago

I had an opportunity yesterday (3/7/07) to meet with a Cintas representative at a local job fair. What I found out was somewhat upsetting; unless you are bi-lingual, you have almost no chance in getting a job with the company because such a large number of their workforce is hispanic. What disturbbed me the most is that when you apply on their website for the position, there is no mention of this anywhere or that bi-lingual applicants are preferred.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Woodway, Texas

98 months ago

Robert said: I had an opportunity yesterday (3/7/07) to meet with a Cintas representative at a local job fair. What I found out was somewhat upsetting; unless you are bi-lingual, you have almost no chance in getting a job with the company because such a large number of their workforce is hispanic. What disturbbed me the most is that when you apply on their website for the position, there is no mention of this anywhere or that bi-lingual applicants are preferred.

Again, don't get discouraged. Look elsewhere. They are losing A LOT of good people right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

zambo in Hollywood, Florida

98 months ago

Robert said:
I have applied several times at Cintas to no avail. I have an MBA and a number of years as a team leader in a fast paced production setting. I have applied for both the Production Supervisor and Management Trainee positions, only to be turned down for both. I have no idea what they are looking for but apparently it is not someone with my skills, experience or education.

One, for the MT position, unless you completed your undergraduate within the last 2 years, you are not a player. Now if you are over those 2 years, but you were working on you MBA at that time which made you go over the 2 years, then you could still qualify. Hope that make sense.
For Production Supervisor job, who knows. You have to remember that these people get hundreds and hundreds of resumes. Therefor, they can be very picky in their selection process. It may not be you are not qualified, but the screening process was too selective.
How do I know this, I am a recruiter working with transitioning military and Cintas is one of my clients. Some of you are correct about the "how business" is done at Cintas with hiring. I am not a fan of some regions and then there are others that are great. Is Cintas a great place to work? It always comes down to your boss. The opportunities for growth are great, but if you boss sucks then life sucks.
My biggest piece of advice is this, if you want a job no matter where, you must get in touch with HR or the hiring manager. Speaking with one of these people will make your life a lot easier and now you are not just a name on a piece of paper. Want the job, go get it. The other thing is utilize recruiters to help you. Do not pay for someone to place you. A contingency recruiter will get his pay from the company and not the candidate and will do a great job.
Hope this gives some insight into Cintas, if you have any more questions, let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

zambo in Hollywood, Florida

98 months ago

zambo said:
One, for the MT position, unless you completed your undergraduate within the last 2 years, you are not a player. Now if you are over those 2 years, but you were working on you MBA at that time which made you go over the 2 years, then you could still qualify. Hope that make sense.
For Production Supervisor job, who knows. You have to remember that these people get hundreds and hundreds of resumes. Therefor, they can be very picky in their selection process. It may not be you are not qualified, but the screening process was too selective.
How do I know this, I am a recruiter working with transitioning military and Cintas is one of my clients. Some of you are correct about the "how business" is done at Cintas with hiring. I am not a fan of some regions and then there are others that are great. Is Cintas a great place to work? It always comes down to your boss. The opportunities for growth are great, but if you boss sucks then life sucks.
My biggest piece of advice is this, if you want a job no matter where, you must get in touch with HR or the hiring manager. Speaking with one of these people will make your life a lot easier and now you are not just a name on a piece of paper. Want the job, go get it. The other thing is utilize recruiters to help you. Do not pay for someone to place you. A contingency recruiter will get his pay from the company and not the candidate and will do a great job.
Hope this gives some insight into Cintas, if you have any more questions, let me know.

Sorry for the spelling errors, didn't get much sleep last night and didn't proofread...too tired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Mc Gregor, Texas

98 months ago

C.Brown said: Cintas family(?).
Wow,and what a loving and considerate family they are !
Cintas wastes a lot of time (theirs/and applicants)because of their (selective) hiring process.
My husband is mid management for another fortune 500 company...He hires new people whenever he needs to -and doesnt have to wait around for "permission" to do so.He doesnt have to worry about being short-handed while an "HRM", or regional manager decides if he needs someone, and who that someone should be. We were both totally shocked over their hiring process. He said that it seemed as though the regional/corporate had NO faith in their GM's,nor other managers to select qualified candidates.
We thought it was because it was a position second to the GM,now we know that this was how they interview everyone.
If you want to work at Cintas:(Advanced management)
1. Be a mindless "yes man/mam"
2. Never, NEVER,give your prospective boss any reason to suspect that you are far more competent than he/she theirselves are,really- you should make sure that they believe you are just above being considered legally retarded...

Now that's funny because it's true! There are some good people at Cintas but I've encountered management that is far less competent than myself. It makes one wonder how they ascend to those positions and how they stay there. Oh wait a minute, it's becuase they are "yes" men, that's right. :) I can't speak for the entire company but in the region I worked in, dishonety runs amuck and is rewarded by managers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Lebanon, Ohio

98 months ago

Anonymous said:
Now that's funny because it's true! There are some good people at Cintas but I've encountered management that is far less competent than myself. It makes one wonder how they ascend to those positions and how they stay there. Oh wait a minute, it's becuase they are "yes" men, that's right. :) I can't speak for the entire company but in the region I worked in, dishonety runs amuck and is rewarded by managers.

I have been trying to get hired @ Cintas since October of last year. Don't give up - they have a strict policy of hiring from within. A friend of mine works there and he says that you have a great advantage if you can even marginally speak spanish. Take a quick course and you will definitely jump to the top of the stack of resumes. I have been interviewed for three different jobs, still waiting to hear from the last two interview appts (6 weeks ago), just received a call from Cintas' HR dept to set up a job shadow appt. Hope this is a good sign. Don't give up - they have tremendous benefits and their pay scale is one of the best around our area (Cincinnati).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

don't believe the pay scale bit. my salary got too high and they replaced me with someone cheaper!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

Anonymous said: don't believe the pay scale bit. my salary got too high and they replaced me with someone cheaper!

All you have to do to see what is really going on is read the article in Forbes. Google it under forbes cintas. the article is absolutely true. i have read the replies from current cintas partners. i'm glad they replied. especially one of them. i found his comments, not only the exact opposite of the truth, but hilarious. it takes either a lot of courage or a lot of stupidity to write what he wrote. i believe it to be the latter. READ THE ARTICLE! IT'S VERY ON THE MARK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Saint Petersburg, Florida

98 months ago

Believe me, I know it is hard to get in. I have VA preference, and it has still taken me a long time to get in. I also have Route Sales experience and a BS degree.

I have been through the Uniform division, now I have applied for the First Aid division. I am in the final process, so hopefully I will have the job with the company. One thing, I have to say, everyone I have interviewed with were great and friendly, took the time to explain Cintas. I started interview after they all ready had canidates for the job, so my timing was off. I think I will be much happier at the First Aid Division as well.

I think they can be selective. If you really want the job, keep on applying and be determined. They promote based on performance from what I know, so if you are dedicated and are a great salesperson, you will move up on the chain. Work with your HR person as well. They have a great voice at least mine has, always kept me in mind for job openings.

If you need some Route Experience go with some snack or bread company, the job is rough but you can make great money.

Good luck and just be patient.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

steven in Bedford, Virginia

98 months ago

does this company drug test and do background check?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

anon. in Gastonia, North Carolina

98 months ago

steven said: does this company drug test and do background check?

Yes they do. Thgey might do a credit check as well, depending on what position you apply for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Derek in Portsmouth, Ohio

98 months ago

You really don't want to work at Cintas. I did for an entire year.

They were a horrible employer. Bad work environment (OSHA was constantly coming in due to bad air quality), and the boss was horrible. They couldn't keep a boss over us. In my year there, we went through 4 separate bosses. One told us right before he quit that he was actually making less than what most of us were, while the building supervisor was making a quarter million a year.

I worked an entire year without missing a day. I was the model employee. When the boss yelled at someone, he would usually say something like "be more like that guy" while pointing at me. When raise time came around, I got a 7 cent raise, and the boss chastised me for missing so much work. I told him I had never missed a day. I even offered to bring in all of my pay stubs with my hours on them to prove it. He wouldn't listen to me at all.

The final straw was when they got a new washer/dryer that could wash twice as fast. They started having other locations divert there rugs to us to wash. However they didn't hire any new rollers, or allocate any more area to put the extra product. But the boss would still come down and yell at us for working too slow and said that me and my partner should have no problem with the extra workload. We had barely kept our heads above water before we had double the amount of work to do.

One day there was a union picket outside our building. A union was wanting the employees to sign a petition to join them. The boss sat all of us down in the break room and said that if he saw any of us talk to the union, he would find a reason to fire us.

While I worked there, there was a class action lawsuit that many of their salaried employees were in. They were making salaried employees work double shifts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

steven in Bedford, Virginia

98 months ago

wow thanks. I am thinking about doing the route sales with them. thanks for the input

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

steven said: wow thanks. I am thinking about doing the route sales with them. thanks for the input

I would definately think twice about it.

There is alot of information out there about class action suits and very unhappy customers with cintas.

They screw their customers over hardcore, not giving them what they promise and then suing when the customer tries to get out of the lease.

There is a lawsuit that went on when I worked there, they would make salaried office employees work in the warehouse during 2nd shift. Basically making them work in the office, and then another 8 hour shift on the factory floor, but paying no overtime or anything. So they got twice the employee for half the cost.

It was a really bad company to work at, since then I've worked for alot better. It may be better in the office, but I know when I've done sales, I've wanted to be confident in what I was selling. Cintas's product is low quality and they using bullying techniques to push people into staying with them.

Look around the net, you can find alot of information about unhappy employees and customers that cintas has screwed over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anon in Gastonia, North Carolina

97 months ago

I've worked in the FASD for 2 years and LOVE my job. I've read everything regarding the lawsuits, the complaints so on and so forth...... This is the greatest company i've ever worked for. Maybe it's the fact that some people are just not cut out for the "CINTAS" way of life. I do not cheat my customers and CINTAS does not cheat me. It's NOT a bad company to work for. Yes, it's very hard to get in because you have to not only have the right background but the right personality. I'm proud to be working for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

ua588. in Foley, Alabama

97 months ago

I recently seperated from the 'Tas after three horrible years. I was employed as a Service Sales Rep. The biggest problem I had is they are constantly tweaking the pay plan. I went from 800-1000 a week to barley cracking 650.00 weekly in the end. Management isn't accountable for anything. You do five other partners work and get paid for one. Too many responibilites for the compensation. If you have too much common sense you will not be a good fit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Cleveland, Ohio

97 months ago

I work for the FAS Division and also love my job! There will always be some unhappy customers in any business. I am very proud to work for Cintas and I hopefully will never work for another company. I agree that some people are not a match for Cintas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Derek in Stockdale, Ohio

97 months ago

Yeah, who doesn't love working for a company known for its discriminatory practices. Wheee, its so much fun!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

97 months ago

Anonymous in Cleveland, Ohio said: I work for the FAS Division and also love my job! There will always be some unhappy customers in any business. I am very proud to work for Cintas and I hopefully will never work for another company. I agree that some people are not a match for Cintas.

I am extremely happy to not be working for Cintas any longer. I WAS a fit for the company as was proven in my many years of service. However, the I admit that I was NO LONGER a fit when the location I worked for was more into taking advantage of customers and not doing thing the Cintas way. I had to get out. I am an honest person and do not like or appreciate it when anyone is taken advantage of. After experiencing the complete lack of customer focus, I realized it wasn't going to change and I was powerless to do anything about it. I am not a liar and wasn't going to lie to customers about the "stellar" service they would receive when I knew that would, definitely, not be the case.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Current Employee in Littleton, Colorado

97 months ago

Robert said: I have applied several times at Cintas to no avail. I have an MBA and a number of years as a team leader in a fast paced production setting. I have applied for both the Production Supervisor and Management Trainee positions, only to be turned down for both. I have no idea what they are looking for but apparently it is not someone with my skills, experience or education.

They don't want to pay you, trust me. I have an MA and they think they're overpaying me at just over $12 an hour!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ED in Orlando, Florida

97 months ago

You dont want to work for Cintas. I was a candidate for their Management Training program. I have management experience and an MBA. They were going to give me $14 an hour to load trucks. That is their idea of a training program. Dont waste your time!
You are in the training program for 2 YEARS! Thats right, 2 years of loading trucks! Sometimes working through the night on 3rd shift!
I went through the interview process. I had to lie to me current employer to go to interviews on three separate occasions. Then they wanted me to drive across the state to interview with the VP. I called and said that I needed to think about it because making the trip would require me to quit my current job. They responded by saying that they were not going to consider me for any position at Cintas -ever. I was shocked to say the least.
Cintas is a terrible company that needs to send their HR managers to a value driven management class. I was seriously considering leaving my job as a mortgage broker to load trucks for 2 years. Now that I think about it, I am almost glad I wasnt able to make it to the interview.
My advice,,, dont bother yourself with a company like Cintas. They are not a company that I would involve myself with. To be honest, when I got home and heard the tone of voice that the HR manager left on my answering machine, I wanted to grab that son of a******through the phone a break his head. He acted like He was king of **** mountain and I was a nobody.
If I ever see that son of a *****, I will tell him exactly what I think of him.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

97 months ago

ED in Orlando, Florida said: You dont want to work for Cintas. I was a candidate for their Management Training program. I have management experience and an MBA. They were going to give me $14 an hour to load trucks. That is their idea of a training program. Dont waste your time!
You are in the training program for 2 YEARS! Thats right, 2 years of loading trucks! Sometimes working through the night on 3rd shift!
I went through the interview process. I had to lie to me current employer to go to interviews on three separate occasions. Then they wanted me to drive across the state to interview with the VP. I called and said that I needed to think about it because making the trip would require me to quit my current job. They responded by saying that they were not going to consider me for any position at Cintas -ever. I was shocked to say the least.
Cintas is a terrible company that needs to send their HR managers to a value driven management class. I was seriously considering leaving my job as a mortgage broker to load trucks for 2 years. Now that I think about it, I am almost glad I wasnt able to make it to the interview.
My advice,,, dont bother yourself with a company like Cintas. They are not a company that I would involve myself with. To be honest, when I got home and heard the tone of voice that the HR manager left on my answering machine, I wanted to grab that son of a bitch through the phone a break his head. He acted like He was king of s*** mountain and I was a nobody.
If I ever see that son of a bitch, I will tell him exactly what I think of him. Cintas sucks

AMEN BROTHER. You made the right decision.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Cleveland, Ohio

97 months ago

We do not cheat our customers at Cintas. I have been in the FAS division for 5 years and I have to laugh at the comments. We build relationships with our contacts and have no need to try to rip them off. Our customers WANT to purchase our products. That is the only way I have ever seen Cintas conduct business. If you are trying to get into Cintas, go for it! Don't listen to a few unhappy past employees. Take advice from someone who actually has a history with Cintas as is STILL with the company being 110% satisfied.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Lebanon, Ohio

97 months ago

I totally agree! I am just starting a job with Cintas and I was totally treated with nothing but respect from the HR dept, Legal, Marketing and CRBD/NASD. I feel very fortunate to be hired by a company with such a great reputation and track record. If you don't care for Cintas, there are plenty of applicants who would love to have your job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

97 months ago

Anonymous in Cleveland, Ohio said: We do not cheat our customers at Cintas. I have been in the FAS division for 5 years and I have to laugh at the comments. We build relationships with our contacts and have no need to try to rip them off. Our customers WANT to purchase our products. That is the only way I have ever seen Cintas conduct business. If you are trying to get into Cintas, go for it! Don't listen to a few unhappy past employees. Take advice from someone who actually has a history with Cintas as is STILL with the company being 110% satisfied.

I am glad to hear that your location doesn't cheat your customers. However, I assure you the location I worked for cheated customers on a daily basis. I worked for them for many years and was quite successful. I left due to the poor market conditions caused by the complete ineptness and lack of customer focus the service department had.
Again, I'm happy that you love your job and think that's great. However, don't make blanket statements about past employees whom you think are disgruntled. Many of us are quality individuals who, simply, had concern over customers being stolen from and treated like numbers rather than people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

97 months ago

Chris in Lebanon, Ohio said: I totally agree! I am just starting a job with Cintas and I was totally treated with nothing but respect from the HR dept, Legal, Marketing and CRBD/NASD. I feel very fortunate to be hired by a company with such a great reputation and track record. If you don't care for Cintas, there are plenty of applicants who would love to have your job!

A simple reply to your note. If you notice, both positive comments here are from Cintas employees in Ohio. Any coincidence that Cintas is based in Ohio. I would assume and expect the service there to be at its utmost as the highest level of management is in your backyard.

anon in Gastonia, North Carolina

97 months ago

Well, I'm from Charlotte...... far from Ohio.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

97 months ago

anon in Gastonia, North Carolina said: Well, I'm from Charlotte...... far from Ohio.

Yours was not one of the 2, specific, replies I was referring to. If you notice, they are both listed directly above my reply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous

97 months ago

I currently work for Cintas but would not if I had another option. I would not encourage anyone to start with Cintas at least not in Michigan. Management leaves something to be desired and the service side has a hard time living up to the promises made by the sales team = frustrated customers = no referrals and loss of business. As for getting in, its a good ole boy network...if you know somebody you are in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Luis Fernandez in Lewisville, Texas

97 months ago

I have been trying to create a profile a couple of time and does not allow me,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

97 months ago

Luis Fernandez in Lewisville, Texas said: I have been trying to create a profile a couple of time and does not allow me,
Were you trying to create a profile on the Indeed site?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Your Daddy in Granite City, Illinois

97 months ago

I have never read so many excuses passed off on a company for an individual employees failures/shortcomings. For the most part, the negative comments are by 2 or 3 people on here, who are more than likely bottom dwellers at best, who were fired or pushed out the door for making so many excuses for not being able to do the job. Keep up with the bashing folks, someone's gotta do it, and it makes being unemployed a little easier to deal with, right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

97 months ago

Derek in Portsmouth, Ohio said: I never missed a day of work in the entire year I worked at the Milford Ohio Plant.

My boss gave me a 17 cent raise and told me to quit missing so much work.

My shortcomings? They had to hire 2 people to replace me when I quit, because of how fast I worked.

Try coming up with a better excuse for your crappy company. I've already presented plenty of information about how they mistreat their employees.

You know what, you're right! Showing up for work is worthy of a 17 cent raise. Actually working might have got you more. Everyone thinks that when they quit a job, that it takes 2 people to replace them. Wow, if I ever quit they might need to hire 7 or 8.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

97 months ago

Sigh.

Maybe your right. But like I said, I never missed a day. I never was late. I was a model employee. I was the guy the boss yelled at people to be more like (and I caught a lot of crap from my fellow employees for that, I was even attacked once). And I got a 17 cent raise and everyone else got a 50 cent or better. Because I was the quiet hard working kid that never complained.

I have since worked for much better companies and have been treated much better by my bosses.

You may have had a different experience where you work. However, as I showed above with plenty of links to news sites, Cintas does mistreat employees. Why else would there be several class action suites against them?

My suggestion? Stay away.

I'm done here.

97 months ago

Derek in Portsmouth, Ohio said: Sigh.

Maybe your right. But like I said, I never missed a day. I never was late. I was a model employee. I was the guy the boss yelled at people to be more like (and I caught a lot of crap from my fellow employees for that, I was even attacked once). And I got a 17 cent raise and everyone else got a 50 cent or better. Because I was the quiet hard working kid that never complained.

I have since worked for much better companies and have been treated much better by my bosses.

You may have had a different experience where you work. However, as I showed above with plenty of links to news sites, Cintas does mistreat employees. Why else would there be several class action suites against them?

My suggestion? Stay away.

I'm done here.

How long before you start slamming these other "much better companies?" Nice links to the propaganda by the way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Cleveland, Ohio

97 months ago

Your Daddy in Granite City, Illinois said: How long before you start slamming these other "much better companies?" Nice links to the propaganda by the way.

Its obvious that you are one of the "spineless-mindless-drooling-window licker" types that one of the other posters mentioned above.

I only worked for the company for three months.(Thats all I could stomach) The term partner cracks me up.Minions would be so much more fitting!
I was hired in for a specific job but was moved to where I was needed on a daily basis.Personally, this didnt bother me much but please note that I didnt receive the "floater" pay wages.
I was hired in for a 3rd shift position just before winter. The company lowered the temperature to their thermostat after 2nd shift was over. (???) The max temp every night would be 53-54 degrees. This would have been fine if my job would have been more 'active', however when you stand in one spot all night and inspect/fold/sort, this was bone-chilling conditions to be working in. We had to wear gloves, scarves etc. I and others even wore up to 3 layers of clothing. At 5am the heater kicks up, just in time for first shift. Complaints fell upon deaf ears. Gotta save those Cintas dollars I spose.I recall one time even being forced to sort thru a bin that had vomit in it. Nice. Not to mention the countless pairs of pants that smelled like ASS. I was told that they were fine and go ahead and put them in storage rather than send them back to be rewashed. All of this was hardly worth the $7.85/hr I was being paid. Mind you,(customers)when you place your order,these pants that reek like ASS are pulled out of storage and sent to YOU.

If your interested in a job with horrible working conditions & poverty level wages ...Cintas is the one for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

97 months ago

Your Daddy in Granite City, Illinois said: I have never read so many excuses passed off on a company for an individual employees failures/shortcomings. For the most part, the negative comments are by 2 or 3 people on here, who are more than likely bottom dwellers at best, who were fired or pushed out the door for making so many excuses for not being able to do the job. Keep up with the bashing folks, someone's gotta do it, and it makes being unemployed a little easier to deal with, right?

Being unemployed has been a break compared to the idiocy and complete ineptness I had to endure my last year with Cintas. It sounds like you are proud to be an employee and that is great. But do not refer to us as bottom dwellers. You are completely unaware of the surroundings of our locations. I have only commmented on those situations. If you notice in my posts, I have only referred to my operation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bill from Michigan in Grand Rapids, Michigan

97 months ago

I worked for cintas a few years ago. All of these comments pros/cons are not completely true. Cintas is always looking to improve their bottom line. They often do things that don't make a ton of sense. I firmly believe that the company is built on the backs of young people. I was one of them, they hire in college grads and work them like a dog. I made it 18 months and had to quit. I outlasted the other 3 they hired at the same time. But like most companies, it really depends on the individual management of each location. I moved on to an independent laundry and the conditions were much better. They truly cared about their customers and went out of their way. If you are looking to get into the industry, check out the independent laundries. They may be a little less, but it is worth every penny.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Markham, Ontario

97 months ago

Anyone from Canada care to comment? I was recently hired as a MT straight out of school and starting in a month. From what I've seen, the atmosphere is great and the people are caring. Also, these wage figures you guys are posting seems to be low compared with what I was offered...(it's not high, but it's competitive for a new grad). People there did tell me the MT program is not for everyone (pretty much a 2 year bootcamp)...but I enjoy that. I do not want to be sitting at a desk from 9-5 because I have been there and it doesn't appeal to me. Also, the few people who I've spoken to that have been with Cintas love the company and agrees that there is tons of room for advancement. Comments?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Markham, Ontario

97 months ago

One more comment, I recently read in the Globe and Mail (one of Canada's biggest newspapers) that it was again ranked as the best large-sized company to work for in Canada...so something must be going right...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Redford, Michigan

97 months ago

After reading everyones comments I came to one conclusion. If you're all about Cintas do it. No company in today's world is going to not build their buttom line on your back. Later on if your good and get promoted you get to do to others the same thing. Trust me I'm a professional that has been looking at employment with Cintas but I like to do my reserch. One thing I found out is that hate unions. No real explanations behind it. The other is that yes in the MT program better start loading some trucks ladies and gentlemen. Sales who knows but from what I met you can't touch their noses with a 10 ft pole they think they're so great. So my advice don't put all your eggs in one basket with this company they've invented terms to define their corporate culture but most of the time the people you meet don't follow what they preach. So if you like it go for it; if you don't its not the only fish in the sea.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

James in Cincinnati, Ohio

97 months ago

Derek in Portsmouth, Ohio said: So the "Cintas" way of life somehow involves screwing over your employees?

Like I said, there is tons of information out there about how bad Cintas is as an employer, and I personally went through it at the Plant I worked at for a year.

Take a look at some of these links.

Cintas will do anything to prevent its employees from unionizing. Like I said, when I worked there, the boss threatened for find any reason he could to fire us if he saw us talking to the union. Its been documented that they will illegaly fire union supporters.
www.socialistworker.org/2003-2/469/469_05_Cintas.shtml
www.pww.org/article/articleview/3340/1/159

Plenty of gender descrimination.
www.genderdiscriminationsuitagainstcintas.com/

Wow, a lot of sour grapes here. 99% of the negative things you hear about Cintas are union driven to coerce Cintas into forcing its partners to join a union. Unions ar a business and want dues money from honest, hard working Cintas partners. I especially like the link that was put on this board from a Socialist Workers website. OK, now we're going to take the advice of freaking commies. Nice. I love the way that the losers who couldn't make it at Cintas get together and share their victim status on the internet.

Good luck with your new career, and don't forget to ask if your customers would like to add an applie pie to their combo meal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

yan huan zeng in Hayward, California

97 months ago

I am trying to get into cintas, but I can not apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Akron, Ohio

96 months ago

what is a typical compensation package for a new hire salesperson for cintas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania

96 months ago

I had a interview at Cintas, for a Fire Sales Representative position. I had emailed the sales manager my resume, when I came in for an interview sat around for 30 min. or so then I had to spend the next 45min. filling out a resume online there. Had a very short interview w/ the sales manager. He said that they would let me know. Not even three hours later he calls me back. He thought I wasn't the right type of person for the job. He said I would be better off as a SSR. I've only been in sales for over 20 years deaing with people, and a firefighter for the last 16. I guess I didn't have the personality of a used car sales man.Thats ok I recived a call form a fire equipment sales dealer that is one of the largest in the east coast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania

96 months ago

I had a interview at Cintason 5/11/07 for a Fire Sales Representative position. I had emailed the sales manager my resume, when I came in for an interview sat around for 30 min. or so then I had to spend the next 45min. filling out a resume online there. Had a very short interview w/ the sales manager. He said that they would let me know. Not even three hours later he calls me back. He thought I wasn't the right type of person for the job. He said I would be better off as a SSR. I've only been in sales for over 20 years deaing with people, and a firefighter for the last 16. I guess I didn't have the personality of a used car sales man.Thats ok I recived a call form a fire equipment sales dealer that is one of the largest in the east coast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Indiana

96 months ago

Ex-Cintas "partners" UNITE! (and I use the word "partners" lightly). For the last 8 years out of 13 years (Cintas bought out the uniform company I was working for)I have worked in a Cintas Location office. In all my years of being in the work force, I have NEVER worked for a company like Cintas. For the last several years I kept a journal of different things that happened and was said. I completely have no respect for this company. I was one of the few employees who never missed a day of work and the ability to do almost every job in the place. There are were never enough employees to handle all the jobs and take care of the customers the way they should of been taken care of. I take offense to you employees that say the "disgruntled" employees are losers. Cintas threw us away cause we were too decent to work for them. They don't want people who have a conscientious. They want people who will do anything, and I mean anything, to make the money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.