Citi Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Citi?

What do you like best about working at Citi? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Annie Anonymous

90 months ago

Salaries at Citi in NY for Assistants can range between 60-90+K depending on experience and who you work for. Bonuses were done away with about 3 years ago. Most assistants get cash from the bankers they support but that can range from a small amount into the thousands, again depending on who you work for and how good of a wokring relationship you have. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Fort Mill, South Carolina

90 months ago

Well, if you work in a call center, expect to be paid little and be treated like a cog
in a machine. I worked in Florence, KY call center where you can start around 17K and after a few years maybe break 20K unless you switch to something else, which I did.

I switched to brokerage and got my series 7 and 63 and moved up to mid-30's, but still got treated like dirt.

Poor training, poor supervision, poor statistics all contribute to low morale.

They try to lock you in with a $5000 debt
to be paid back if you even TRY to get into
the brokerage side of the business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steven Green, North Texas in Dallas, Texas

87 months ago

"Well, if you work in a call center, expect to be paid little and be treated like a cog in a machine."

Yes, but also expect to be treated like a cog that is micro-managed, measured, and expected to meet conflicting goals, simultaneously, just in order to keep your job. Expect to have to meet "bonus," in sales, just to keep your CSR job. That's right- you will be fired, unless you are overachieving on sales, without slamming. You must read verbatim statements, exactly, without even clearing your throat, or you get a zero on an otherwise perfect call.

No wonder the "churn," or turnover rate is so high. Keep in mind also, that you will be compared to everyone else, and I mean everyone- those who play by the rules, and those who don't. When someone is fired for slamming, or selling illegally/not meeting the requirements to get their bonus, those people's stats are not removed from the aggregate.

Your performance, if you follow all of the rules and laws, and meet the quality standards- even then, your performance will be compared critically, against the worst cheater, who was fired in the middle of the month for slamming everyone he spoke to. It will be compared to the people who are not eligible for bonus, because they mysteriously disconnected from call after call, or transferred, just to lower their AHT.

If you get used to the system, it will change, unless you get a good "team lead," (UM) who will cut you slack, and look the other way. It all depends on who your UM is. Who you know, or who you are under, that is the key. Procedures are up to interpretation. It doesn't matter if you follow the procedure bible. THAT'S not what they meant, that's just what it SAYS.

I worked there, and did the same job, all the time- excellent Customer Service. I had about 8 different UMs in a short period of time, and different expectations from each.

It drove the best to other departments, and when I was ready to move on- they froze my whole department. I quit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Jericho, New York

84 months ago

Robert in Fort Mill, South Carolina said: Well, if you work in a call center, expect to be paid little and be treated like a cog
in a machine. I worked in Florence, KY call center where you can start around 17K and after a few years maybe break 20K unless you switch to something else, which I did.

I switched to brokerage and got my series 7 and 63 and moved up to mid-30's, but still got treated like dirt.

Poor training, poor supervision, poor statistics all contribute to low morale.

They try to lock you in with a $5000 debt
to be paid back if you even TRY to get into
the brokerage side of the business.

Welcome to the realities of banking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bubba Backwoods in O Fallon, Missouri

79 months ago

I work in collections in St. Louis - good pay - good bonuses - no problems at all - we have numerous jobs open in collections and loss mitigation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

NewtoABQ in Albuquerque, New Mexico

61 months ago

Due to economic slowdown (leaving with great references) I was recently layed off from a Business Development position. I have well over 20 years experience under my belt, selling in a variety of industries -with a proven track record of success. However, i am "burned out" by the uncertain, month to month - rat race nature of sales..have always been a "hunter" of new business development and at this point - i am ready to try something else. Very outgoing and not the least shy - coming from a fully bilingual, bicultural background (Spanish)Extremely curious to learn more of bilingual collections positions for Citi in Abq. How is it like to work there? Have you worked in their Abq call center? Please help, I'm trying to be extremely careful on my next move. Thank You so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NewtoABQ in Albuquerque, New Mexico

61 months ago

Due to economic slowdown (leaving with great references) I was recently layed off from a Business Development position. I have well over 20 years experience under my belt, selling in a variety of industries -with a proven track record of success. However, i am "burned out" by the uncertain, month to month - rat race nature of sales..have always been a "hunter" of new business development and at this point - i am ready to try something else. Very outgoing and not the least shy - coming from a fully bilingual, bicultural background (Spanish)Extremely curious to learn more of bilingual collections positions for Citi in Abq. How is it like to work there? Have you worked in their Abq call center? Please help, I'm trying to be extremely careful on my next move. Thank You so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.