how to get hired at citibank

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

mzgoddess in Bronx, New York

25 months ago

I got an email saying I.passed.the online test, then I got an email asking me to schedule an date for a phone interview which I passed, I recently got a call from a recruiter to tell them my work preferences, but does anyone know how long this process is and what other steps are involved before I can actually start??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Random person in Jamaica, New York

21 months ago

I just finished my phone interview and at the end she said "everything here went excellent" so I'm still not sure about anything. She sounded as if she wasn't in control of the actual hiring and afterwards in a positive motivating tone "Well, just hope for the best" so I'm not completely sure if I got the job. I hope I do, but it's best not assume anything. If anyone went through this or can give their input, I'd like to read it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Random person in Jamaica, New York

21 months ago

Sorry for another post, had to check "Email me when new comments are added"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mllepink in Fair Oaks, California

21 months ago

Well, Citi, like many other companies, outsources recruiters. So the recruiter who did your interview more than likely doesn't even work for Citi. They just fill in the information and forward it. It's a preliminary process to see if you even make it to the local recruiter who actually DOES work for Citi. I had my phone interview with somebody in Milwaukee (I live in California). 10 minutes later, he concluded with, "I will forward your information to the recruiter; you should hear back in 7-10 days if they choose to proceed." Hours later, I got a call from the recruiter, and she conducted another little interview on the spot. She asked about referral and sales experience, pay expectations, etc. Then she said she would talk to the branch manager to see if they were interested in fitting in another interview. She called me back thirty minutes later and told me I had an interview at 1:45 two days later with the branch manager. During my forty-minute interview, he asked me a lot of behavioral questions, and then he told me that he would finish conducting interviews by the following week. The next day, I got a call from the recruiter who scheduled me for a phone interview with the area director. I had my interview this morning, and it sounded positive. She said they should make final decisions by Wednesday of next week.

Best of luck - I hope you got in!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

meharris2 in Santa Rosa, California

18 months ago

Hey...
Just last week i applied to citi bank, had my phone interview, my interview with branch manager. Now
I just set up my phone interview with the director. What kinda questions did they ask? If you don't mind me asking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mllepink in Fair Oaks, California

18 months ago

meharris2 in Santa Rosa, California said: Hey...
Just last week i applied to citi bank, had my phone interview, my interview with branch manager. Now
I just set up my phone interview with the director. What kinda questions did they ask? If you don't mind me asking.

Hey there! Congratulations on your advancement so far. When I had my interview with the area director, it honestly sounded more like an informal meet-and-greet. She asked me maybe two questions about situations (What would you do if a customer was angry? or things of that nature) and then asked if I had questions for her. Now is the time to ask as many questions as you can. They WANT you to ask questions. So ask about training. Ask about her (how long have you been with Citi? What's your favorite part about your job?) Ask about what the expectations are for sales and numbers. Just ask whatever comes to your mind. I promise it won't work against you. Best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Dodd in Burkburnett, Texas

10 months ago

Hi! I am very interested in this job. Just let me know what I need to do.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

prince momodu in Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire

5 months ago

hi is me prince i well like to work wet the bank but hon i am working for aggreko thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.