How to get a job at Citigroup.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 77)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Citigroup? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Patricia Cole in Greensboro, NC

94 months ago

Patricia Cole said:
not able to apply for an position by online. Is it possible that I could do the application in person?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Emma (Host) in Stamford, CT

94 months ago

Patricia Cole said: not able to apply for an position by online. Is it possible that I could do the application in person?

I would suggest contacting Citigroup's Human Resources department directly if you wanted to apply in person. I found two listings for Citigroup in NC that you can try:
Citigroup
10150 Mallard Creek Road Suite 210, Charlotte, NC 28262
(704) 549-8850

and

Citigroup CITI Mortgage
8520 Cliff Cameron Drive, Charlotte, NC 28269
(704) 549-1544

Here is a search for job listings with Citigroup in North Carolina that I did using www.indeed.com in case you are ablt to apply online at a later time:
www.indeed.com/jobs?q=company%3Acitigroup&l=NC&radius=

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Naomi in Falls Church, Virginia

94 months ago

I applied in their Citigroup career site. I had a call back about a week later. I then interviewed with 2 HR people for screening purposes. Then about a week later I had an interview with the Exec. I was not hired but I realize from other posts here, I might have been too expensive in salary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

E. Lopez in New York, New York

94 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Citigroup? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Headhunter or apply at their online website. Salaries on the investment side are competative. You'll meet with HR first most likely, then go through a chain of people. The hiring process can take 2 weeks to 3 months depending on schedules and the position.

I have worked at Citi for 1.5 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Highly experienced paralegal Jax in Jacksonville, Florida

93 months ago

Citigroup is one of those companies that keeps advertising the same positions over and over and over again, and you never hear back from them. This certainly apears to be the case for positions that may be a step or three above being on the phones. I have repeatedly applied for law-related jobs here in Jax, for which I am exceedingly well-qualified, and I never hear back, I never get interviewed, the people at the local center cannot be reached by telephone, and wouldn't appear to know anything anyway, as hiring seems to be coordinated from New York, and the same positions just keep getting advertised again and again and again.

I also have to mention that the Taleo software used by Citigroup and too many other companies is an absolute nightmare to get through. Breaks every browser except IE, and who wants to use that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Fairport, New York

92 months ago

Two words...Micro-management!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

stress out employee in Dallas, Texas

92 months ago

Citijob said: Could you please provide some specific why it is bad as I am going for a final interview. I am really worried about work culture over there.

Well in my dept (Lien Release), I feel management does not care about the employees. The quota we have to meet each day is practically impossible with all the work they give. I leave work drained every single day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

same story in Baltimore, MD in Baltimore, Maryland

92 months ago

Highly experienced paralegal Jax said: Citigroup is one of those companies that keeps advertising the same positions over and over and over again, and you never hear back from them. This certainly apears to be the case for positions that may be a step or three above being on the phones. I have repeatedly applied for law-related jobs here in Jax, for which I am exceedingly well-qualified, and I never hear back, I never get interviewed, the people at the local center cannot be reached by telephone, and wouldn't appear to know anything anyway, as hiring seems to be coordinated from New York, and the same positions just keep getting advertised again and again and again.
I also have to mention that the Taleo software used by Citigroup and too many other companies is an absolute nightmare to get through. Breaks every browser except IE, and who wants to use that?

I too have applied and I'm more than qualified for the position. I called HR repeatedly with no response as well as the hiring manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Baltimore, Maryland

92 months ago

same story in Baltimore, MD said:
I too have applied and I'm more than qualified for the position. I called HR repeatedly with no response as well as the hiring manager.

They are doing a bunch of hiring in the Owings Mills location now, have you checked those jobs out? They are on the website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

suze in Northville, Michigan

92 months ago

Used to work there until they eliminated all of their talented IT staff to cut costs. If applying in the mortgage business, HR is located in O'Fallon, MO. If applying for banking positions, NY. You really have to know someone to get a job because the HR bureaucracy is unbelievable and they are severely understaffed. I would have to ask for resumes to get interviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

jean in Farmington, Michigan

91 months ago

Their site drives me nuts. THey have resumes a year old (if you posted that long ago), that you cant erase or update. When you ask TALEO (their web provider) to help, they tell you to call HR. YOu call HR, and nothing happens, you can hear the crickets chirp. I have no idea how anyone ever gets a job at this place. BAD PR>

angel in Dallas, Texas

91 months ago

stress out employee said: Citifinancial Auto is about the worst place in Citi to work. Do not apply or you'll be sorry.

haha in bedford or lbj, dont worry i wont tell

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

alfonso in Edison, New Jersey

91 months ago

how about in LIC, NY?
You can try BlueAsh if you're in the IT market. Wow, I never new Citi is so notoriously awful in terms of pay and management. I thought I was the only one. hehe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

stress out employee in Irving, Texas

91 months ago

angel said:
haha in bedford or lbj, dont worry i wont tell

COPPELL, actually.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

grunt in o'fallon in Jersey City, New Jersey

91 months ago

Patricia Cole said: not able to apply for an position by online. Is it possible that I could do the application in person?
no. Citi only accepts online applications.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

grunt in o'fallon in New York, New York

91 months ago

suze said: Used to work there until they eliminated all of their talented IT staff to cut costs. If applying in the mortgage business, HR is located in O'Fallon, MO. If applying for banking positions, NY. You really have to know someone to get a job because the HR bureaucracy is unbelievable and they are severely understaffed. I would have to ask for resumes to get interviews.
What they gave us to use in place of IT is a nightmare. It took 7 emails and one tearfilled pleading message on an unanswered voicemail system to get a response. In the end, I think it was the crying that got it done. We knew we were going to miss you guys. but now we know how much. I hope this makes you sleep better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

citi employee in Waxhaw, North Carolina

91 months ago

Citi is not the greatest company in the world to work for but who is. The culture of the company is to load or better yet overload you with work and hold you accountable but not tell you what all you are being held accountable to. They are severly lacking in the technology arena and have now outsourced the IT function to make matters worse. It can take up to 2 months for a new employee to have email and access to systems. There is extensive "talk" about career mobility and share responisbilities and all that Citi has to offer, but it all comes down to talk. It is the standard political enviornment of getting in good with the right group to move up. If not, there is very little chance you will be noticed for your abilities. I have been with Citi for 4 years supporting different business in different states. The culture is the same. It breeds from the top down. If you are looking to work for "company" and not a mass global organization then Citi is not the place for you. Unless you are in extreme upper management there is vertually no room for invoking change/growth. Basic managers have no real authority they are mearly puppets on a string doing as they are instructed. They are extremely management heavy, lots of titles, but not substance behind it all. Large parts of the company have experience a restructuring during the past year and the "rumors" are that it is going global and will result is massive layoffs. This while trying to purchase a Japanese Brokerage Firm and a Tiwanese Bank. the money has to come from somewhere. It will cost a lot of jobs to support more overseas purchases.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

new citi employee in New York, New York

90 months ago

My advise is run as fast as you can in the other direction, I tried for a long time to get into citi and thought myself so lucky to get a job here, just started last month. Got news our unit will be merging into another, no official word yet but guess who will be out of a job now? so I am admitteldy bitter but this is my 7th job in 20 years as I try to stay one step ahead of the hang man in banking, finally met my match, banking is a no win game, move on if you can

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

leysa in Saint Louis, Missouri

90 months ago

Apply on line many times, i did it for the whole month and finally they called me and they hired me also.

I guess you have to show them that you really need that job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Minnesota in Santa Ana, California

90 months ago

I worked for CitiAuto for 9 years. I agree with Citi employee in Waxhaw, North Carolina. You can rarely work up the latter @ Citi. I found the people who did the least work were the ones who were promoted. Citi likes to keep those people who do the work in the same positions in fear if they promote them, who is going to do the work in their place.

If you are going to get a job with Citi, negotiate a good salary up front because a typical raise is less than 3% per calendar year, which may be typical for a bank. Another good reason to stay away from the banking industry all together.

An IT Kind of Guy in Grapevine, Texas

89 months ago

I read a lot of the messages in this thread and others too. I thought the threads could use some balance from someone that has worked for the company for 10+ years.

Is Citi a huge company with bureaucracy? Absolutely. You can't get an entire fleet of ships to change direction at the same time. It takes a lot of communication and effort for large scale projects to be implemented. If you're looking to work with the latest and greatest in technology, Citi isn't the place for you to work. Citi milks all it can from its IT infrastructure. Does it still work? Is it still supported by the vendor? If yes, don't look for it to be replaced any time soon.

If you're looking for a job where you face challenges to do more with less, and learn more about the underlying technology, then this may be the place for you. The benefits to make it worth while are there. While the pension plan is going away next year, the 401k is getting a major boost in its place that more than makes up for it. An employee making under $100k a year could get as much as a 8% match on their salary. If you are a high performing employee (ranking of 1 or 2 on a scale of 5), you will get nice raises and possibly a cash bonus depending on your pay grade.

As far as work load and promotion opportunities, it all comes down to the hiring manager. If you have these types of concerns when interviewing, ask your hiring manager about people that left their team for other positions and how it was handled. Remember, they're not just interviewing you, you're interviewing them too. The best interviews I've sat in on are when the candidate asked a lot of good questions to us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Betsy in New York, New York

89 months ago

Brainwashed. You are completely brainwashed. What a complete joke of a company. One that absolutely cares not one iota for its people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Unhappy @ Citigroup in New York, New York

89 months ago

I have worked for the company for over 7 years in the IT department and am extremely unhappy. There is no advancement in your position unless your kissing the right a**. As for myself I am still in the same job since the day I started. Why do you ask? Because I would not have any self respect for myself to kiss up for advancement. I am not a "yes" person. If you are that type of person than pucker up your lips cause Citi is the right company for you.
This company does not care about their employees. Management only thinks about management. As a matter of fact one of Citi's Global Heads required that all management read "Attilah the Hun". This was a requirement!! Can you believe it??? I had one manager tell our department (as we were having a group luncheon) that he would not join us because the "chief does not eat with the indians". Management should not mix with the pheasants. This is the mindset at Citi.
The mid and end year performace rating is a joke. A rating of 5 is your a complete failure. Rating of 4 is you do your job but it could be performed at a better level. A rating of 3 is you do your job very well. Rating of 2 is you walk on water and last but not least a rating of 1 means your "GOD" and you can do anything. For the past 2 years I have received a rating of 3 (meaning I do my job very well). And you know how this wonderful company repaid me at the end of year? By not rewarding me with a raise or a bonus. We were advised that no one in the IT organization would receive no more than a 3% raise no matter what the end year rating was.

Listen, the only reason why I stay is that in my line of work I would have to return to NYC. After being in NYC on 9/11, that is the last place on earth I would want to return to work. There are no positions in the state that I currently reside so I deal with it. I have to put bread on the table for my family... Besides they are the most important thing to me and who I sacrifice for....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

An IT Kind of Guy in Grapevine, Texas

87 months ago

I don't know what side of IT you're on at Citi, but whoever your managers are sound nothing like my side of IT.

Manager eats lunch with team from time to time - check
Reviews are 3 or higher, rarely use a 4 rating only when warranted - check
Cash bonuses given to employees with 2 rating - check
Raises higher than 3% - check

Again as I mentioned a month ago, it all comes down to the hiring manager. It sounds like "Unhappy" either has a bad one, or is disgruntled in some way.

For those that are not familiar with the IT side of Citi, last I heard there are over 8,000 IT positions in Citi. Obviously there will be good and bad managers in a company of this size.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Manhattan MBA Applicant NY in New York, New York

87 months ago

E. Lopez in New York, New York said: Headhunter or apply at their online website. Salaries on the investment side are competative. You'll meet with HR first most likely, then go through a chain of people. The hiring process can take 2 weeks to 3 months depending on schedules and the position.

I have worked at Citi for 1.5 years.

I hear, despite my qualifications - education & experience wise - for marketing management positions in Citi, I need to have a reference; how can I find one? where Citi employees can be found for networking in Manhattan? Can you, for instance, be a reference? I know that if the applicant is hired, the reference will get some bonus. Thanks,

Unhappy @ Citigroup in New York, New York

87 months ago

Not disgruntled, just under poor management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

username123 in New York, New York

87 months ago

leysa in Saint Louis, Missouri - Did you apply for the same job for a whole month? Or were they different positions? I applied for a position and have not heard back in about a month--and it is still listed on their web site--so I was thinking about re-applying and changing my cover letter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MissC54 in Saint Louis, Missouri

87 months ago

leysa in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Apply on line many times, i did it for the whole month and finally they called me and they hired me also.

I guess you have to show them that you really need that job.

Lisa In St Louis -- I would like to know what type of job you have with Citi? I have tried many times myself and have not heard anything. I just applied recently for a Claims Processing job.

Christina in Jacksonville, Florida

85 months ago

Citijob in Carrollton, Texas said: Could you please provide some specific why it is bad as I am going for a final interview. I am really worried about work culture over there.

I have worked for Citi for almost 4 years now. I realy enjoy my job most of the time. One advantage we have that not all comp have is that if you dont like how your manager manages just change teams. You will have a new boss without having to get a new job. It is one of the best comp I have worked for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

username123 in New York, New York

85 months ago

Citi Employee in Buffalo, New York - What temp agency did you use to get placement in Citi? I would like to try to the same method as well. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wanderlust in Sarasota, Florida

85 months ago

I got my Tampa Citi job through a recruiter in NY

Bob Miller
Miller Executive Search, Inc.
(212)714-3534

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

JT76 in Valley Stream, New York

84 months ago

Manhattan MBA Applicant NY in New York, New York said: I hear, despite my qualifications - education & experience wise - for marketing management positions in Citi, I need to have a reference; how can I find one? where Citi employees can be found for networking in Manhattan? Can you, for instance, be a reference? I know that if the applicant is hired, the reference will get some bonus. Thanks,

You're more likely to get a job in Citi via temping. That's how I got my job. Temped for 1 month and they hired me. I know others who have been temping for 2 yrs or more and STILL haven't been hired. Once you get in via temp you just smooze the big bosses and that's the best way.

Problem is, it takes a year before you can get a transfer out if you're lucky! You have to go back and do more smoozing with people or join forums or attend meetings after hours.

84 months ago

Anonymous in Fairport, New York said: Two words...Micro-management!!!!!!!

So True! I've NEVER worked for a company that did this before. And forget about giving your input to resolve anything. They just want you to follow and jump through hoops.

If you have a family, FORGET ABOUT EVER SEEING THEM AGAIN! The company is all about Corporate, even though they say they are about family.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Unhappy @ Citigroup in New York, New York said: I have worked for the company for over 7 years in the IT department and am extremely unhappy. There is no advancement in your position unless your kissing the right a**. As for myself I am still in the same job since the day I started. Why do you ask? Because I would not have any self respect for myself to kiss up for advancement. I am not a "yes" person. If you are that type of person than pucker up your lips cause Citi is the right company for you.....

This is so true! Gum on the bottom of a shoe gets better treatment! They DON'T care about you and don't DARE DISAGREE! You are then labeled a "Problem Employee", get poor raises, treated like dirt, dumped on until you're pushed out the door.
I've never had a mid-year review, annual review etc. I found out how much I got only because an email went out that raises were in the next pay check. Management likes to review hire ups/Exempts, the rest are just treated like trash.
The book thing is so true! My boss got a book that was mentioned in a global conf call. When I read the name I was APPAULED that upper management would even MENTION the name let alone tell people to read it (by the way my boss didn't read it only got it to make an impression on upper mgmt).
I love the so called perks. $35 they give for Social Function with the people in your group. Who wants to go and do ANYTHING with people you work with? Give me the money or just donate it to a charitable organization! I wouldn't want to spend another minute more with my bosses than I already have to!

Lucy 2001 in New York

84 months ago

On my case i never applied for a job there....but one day i received an email from citi HR in order to work in their private equity division (guess they saw my resume at monster)...it kind of said that they were amazed by my background and experience!.lol...gave me a number to call them, which i did,,,,then they set you up for an interview in manhattan with 3 HRpeople at the same time (it feels like they are scanning you with their eyes!!!)...oh and you have fill out an attached application (criminal screening) ...if you do good there they set you up for another interview with the executive in charge of the division....For what i have been reading in this thread i guess i had good luck, i never considered citi but bank of america first...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

lisa321 in Westchester, New York

84 months ago

Lily said: Citigroup is a complete nightmare...you do not want to work for that company. One of the worst financial services companies in New York. They do not accurately describe open positions, so you accept a job as described, but once you are in - you are just a hired gun. You will be expected to perform any ad hoc task assigned. In addition, they are not honest in disclosures and they do not care what happens to you in your career. If you disagree or speak up, they will attempt to black ball you in the industry. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. Seriously.

You got it!! The company does not describe positions properly due to management that stinks. Unless you have a vp title or are a director you're not even good enough to get a hello from some of these people. Extemely political and unless you are an a$$kisser do not plan on getting promoted or any of your work recognized.

Forgetit in New York, New York

83 months ago

Lily said: Citigroup is a complete nightmare...you do not want to work for that company. One of the worst financial services companies in New York. They do not accurately describe open positions, so you accept a job as described, but once you are in - you are just a hired gun. You will be expected to perform any ad hoc task assigned. In addition, they are not honest in disclosures and they do not care what happens to you in your career. If you disagree or speak up, they will attempt to black ball you in the industry. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. Seriously.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!

"In addition, they are not honest in disclosures and they do not care what happens to you in your career."

>I'd add "your life" to your quote:

In addition, they are not honest in disclosures and they do not care what happens to you in your career AND your life.

sgsnathan in Fredericksburg, Virginia

82 months ago

An IT Kind of Guy in Grapevine, Texas said: I read a lot of the messages in this thread and others too. I thought the threads could use some balance from someone that has worked for the company for 10+ years.
An employee making under $100k a year could get as much as a 8% match on their salary. If you are a high performing employee (ranking of 1 or 2 on a scale of 5), you will get nice raises and possibly a cash bonus depending on your pay grade.

As far as work load and promotion opportunities, it all comes down to the hiring manager. If you have these types of concerns when interviewing, ask your hiring manager about people that left their team for other positions and how it was handled. Remember, they're not just interviewing you, you're interviewing them too. The best interviews I've sat in on are when the candidate asked a lot of good questions to us.

You seem like someone who has spend quite sometime at Citi, so you might be able to give me some better ideas.

I am looking to start an IT (Software development) job with Citi in Irving pretty soon. A few things that seemed to be attractive to me were the number days of vacation, 8% 401K match, and the cash bonus.

You mention that you get a raise and cash bonus only if you score 1 or 2 on a scale of 5? Are you saying that those who don't, don't get a raise or bonus? Realistically, what percentage of the general population gets a 1 or 2 on the 5 scale? The HR gave me the idea that at my level, there is a chance of getting up to 45% of the salary in bonus and gave me an average estimate too. I would like to know your thoughts on the ground reality.

On an average, what is the normal average annual % raise that people seem to get?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Smokeifyagottem in Pittsboro, North Carolina

79 months ago

I cannot recommend Citibank at all. I went for a job interview. When I asked the interviewer if she minded if I smoked, she was close to abusive and refused to extend even that little courtesy.

If citi wants to hire good people, it should realize that most creative young people smoke these days.

She should get a life.

I am thinking of reporting her to the higher-ups in the company. Anyone know the head of HR?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

Easy Rider0137 in Johnson city, Tennessee

79 months ago

Highly experienced paralegal Jax in Jacksonville, Florida said: Citigroup is one of those companies that keeps advertising the same positions over and over and over again, and you never hear back from them. This certainly apears to be the case for positions that may be a step or three above being on the phones. I have repeatedly applied for law-related jobs here in Jax, for which I am exceedingly well-qualified, and I never hear back, I never get interviewed, the people at the local center cannot be reached by telephone, and wouldn't appear to know anything anyway, as hiring seems to be coordinated from New York, and the same positions just keep getting advertised again and again and again.

I agree. I see any employer website that is "powered by Taleo" and I cringe. I suppose these idiots never test their applicant tracking system from an end-user perspective.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Easy Rider0137 in Johnson city, Tennessee

79 months ago

Smokeifyagottem in Pittsboro, North Carolina said: I cannot recommend Citibank at all. I went for a job interview. When I asked the interviewer if she minded if I smoked, she was close to abusive and refused to extend even that little courtesy.

If citi wants to hire good people, it should realize that most creative young people smoke these days.

She should get a life.

I am thinking of reporting her to the higher-ups in the company. Anyone know the head of HR?

I like my smokes too, but do not smoke in the presence of those that do not. Additionally, a job interview is NOT the place to light up. Wait till after the interview. You'll appreciate it more then. Besides, most, if not all, public buildings are off-limits to smoking. And even if you did not light up there nor ask to light up there, leave that question out. You can smoke on your breaks or lunch and nobody can fire you for that. Let them hire you, then go enjoy your smokes on lunch or breaks.

Vivian Brannock for Whitney Alexander in Greensboro, North Carolina

79 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Citigroup? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I am trying to found out what and how to obtain a job for my
21 yr. daughter. Citigroup is only around 4 miles from the house and would be perfect for her. Please let me know.
thx,
Vivian

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Angiela in Greensboro, North Carolina

78 months ago

Hello I work at the facility off of Mt Hope Church Rd, I am not sure if you were talking about that one or one of the Citifinancial centers but the site to go to for pre employment assessments is jobprescreen.citigroup.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

sylvia garza in San Antonio, Texas

78 months ago

dear: company I'am interesting applying, have the experience
Customer Service.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marie A. Lopez in San Antonio, Texas

77 months ago

Marie A. Lopez in San Antonio, Texas said: I worked at Jefferson State Bank for 24 years as a teller in the lobby and drive thru I also worked in customer service, collection department for 6 years customer inquiry, vault teller, safety deposit area,I also translated for the other departments because they did not know how to speak spanish and they did not understand it. I would help the elderly customer with their deposits and balance their bank accounts. Customers would wait for me because they knew that I was the only teller that would take the time to help them. I also trained new tellers and helped them when they didn't understand how to do the work. I also helped other departments when they needed help filing documents.I enjoy being a teller because I like helping customers when they need help.I am willing to work double shifts and more than one Saturday. I really need this job. thank you Marie Lopez

Please let me know as soon as possible if I got the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

I WENT TO THE JOB FAIR AND I SPOKE TO A PERSON THAT WORKS FOR CITIGROUP AND HE SAID TO APPLY HE THOUGHT I COULD GET THE JOB WITH MY EXPERIENCE OF 24 YEARS IN THE BANKING INDUSTRY. I AM A CERTIFIED TELLER III-LEAD TELLER. I TRAINED THE NEW TELLERS AND I WAS A VAULT TELLER I WORKED THE LOBBY AND THE MOTOR BANK, I ALSO WORKED COLLECTION DEPT. FOR 6 YEARS,CUSTOMER SERVICE, CUSTOMER INQUIRY AND I ALSO TRANSLATED FOR THE EMPLOYEES THAT DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO SPEAK SPANISH AND DIDN'T UNDERSTAND IT. I WOULD HELP THE ELDERLY WITH THEIR ACCOUNTS WHEN THEY COULDN'T BALANCE THEIR CHECK BOOKS. IT WAS IMPORTANT TO ME TO BE THERE FOR THE CUSTOMERS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer1 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

75 months ago

Smokeifyagottem in Pittsboro, North Carolina said: I cannot recommend Citibank at all. I went for a job interview. When I asked the interviewer if she minded if I smoked, she was close to abusive and refused to extend even that little courtesy.

She should get a life.

I have never heard of anyone having the audacity to light up in job interview. The various Citi facilities have designated smoking areas to accomodate smoking employees. Word of advise though..if you ever want to reconsider working for Citi in the future, do not go to
HR. They will remember your name and you will be considered forever persona non gratis

Linda Otto in San Antonio, Texas

75 months ago

I am extremely interested in a Customer Service or Sales Rep position, which you contacted me about. I have sales experience in my background and am very familiar with the "Laws of Average" and the numbers game associated with all sales. I am a quick study and always eager to learn something new.

My personality is very outgoing. I have excellent people skills and my focus on Customer Service is hard to match. I genuinely like people and love to help them anyway I possibly can. I am goal oriented and self motivated with a positive attitude. Due to my many years experience working in a call center, coupled with my people skills, would make me an asset to your organization.

I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to meet with you and discuss my qualifications in greater detail. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

75 months ago

I am interested in working for this company.I have heard very good thing about this company and I am looking for a job.I used to work for Jefferson State Bank for 24 years. I am a Certified teller III- lead teller. I speak Spanish and I can read Spanish. I was a vault teller and I worked the lobby and the drive thru. I would train the new tellers and help them when they were not sure how to handle a transaction. I really need this job please contact me as soon as possible. my email is lopezmarie@att.net. thank You for your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.