What is their background check process?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

kindred in Greensboro, North Carolina

95 months ago

I'm just wondering if they just do regular reference checks plus a separate criminal background check, or if they utilize a third party agency that contacts previous employers, criminal background, etc. I have found that it often takes longer for decisions to be made when third party agencies get involved with all aspects of the process, so I was wondering what Citi's process is. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (117) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

tom in Garden City, New York

95 months ago

mike in Staten Island, New York said: They make you take a drug test and fingerprints before your start date. They run a complete background check verifying all previous jobs that you listed on your application, as well as a criminal check. The check is not completed until around 2 months in so you will already be working for the company. If they find any discrepencies they will contact you and if it's not cleard you cannot return to work until it is so I advise not lying and especially disclosing anything criminal offesnses.

Dont most companies do all of the background checks prior to a person starting a new position and prior to a company extending an offer ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in Augusta, Georgia

95 months ago

tom in Garden City, New York said: Dont most companies do all of the background checks prior to a person starting a new position and prior to a company extending an offer ?

Nope. It's called innocent until proven guilty, in a way. They will assume you have told the truth and snap you up if you are qualified but if they find later you have lied it's out the door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TH in Brick, New Jersey

94 months ago

Does the state of New York allow criminal background checks for all employees, or just certain ones.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

gus thompson in Golden, Colorado

75 months ago

Where can I find out what crimes exclude you from possible employment with Citi. I know a man who works in collections who has spent time in jail more than once for violent crimes against family members and his children and still got hired. Is this their business practice or was he able to sneak in under the radar. If he did who can you report this to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Why does Citigroup hire people with violent criminal histories such as assault and child abuse???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

I sure wouldn't worry about a D.W.I. I know a guy who works for Citi who has multiple convictions for domestic violence and child abuse, even jail time and they hired him. So a D.W.I. should be cool. If they shouldn't have hired this guy, who can you report it to? Contact Info for Citi, either Human Resources or security is non-existant online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

goldmember do you have a phone number for HR?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

concernedguy in Fort Worth, Texas

59 months ago

ezstreet in Fort Mill, South Carolina said: RichGandy,

Citi is more concerned with convictions that involve any kind of theft. No one was ever hired during my time having any charges related to theft. Bad checks, shoplifting, grand larceny, felony theft, armed robbery are the kinds of convictions that will keep you out the door.

So they are only concerned with convictions for bad checks? I have some outstanding bad checks that I am working on paying back but havent yet. Will this effect my employment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

illtee in Hempstead, New York

42 months ago

i have a ? i just walk out of my interview at citi i think the interview went well how long b 4 you no if u got the job is it a day or its on the spot can some one tell me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ja5366 in Oralton, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

kindred in Greensboro, North Carolina said: I'm just wondering if they just do regular reference checks plus a separate criminal background check, or if they utilize a third party agency that contacts previous employers, criminal background, etc. I have found that it often takes longer for decisions to be made when third party agencies get involved with all aspects of the process, so I was wondering what Citi's process is. Thanks.

If your in "good" with the manager its my experience they forgive everything ... even rape and pedophilia and no mental ability ..... Petty theft or serious financial theft/larceny forget it.
even rape and pedefirgih

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.