What is their background check process?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 61 of 61)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

msthickness in Florida

24 months ago

robert in San Francisco, California said: I dont know how i should answer this question. Since November 29, 1990, have you participated in a pretrial diversion, delayed adjudication or similar program
(including adjournment in contemplation of dismissal) for any criminal activity? If i had to answer this question it would be yes. But i have had my records expunged. And my current job did do background cechk but found nothin. What should i do?

If they do not give you the option on the application to advise that your records have been expunged, you have two options, if it is with an FDIC institution, they disclose all, in most cases even some expunged information. Now if the charge is not related to dishonesty, theft, etc. it may not hurt you and you can just advise that you have, however the item has been expunged and I would not delve into any further. If it is for dishonesty or anything like that and you are applying at a FDIC institution, then you would still advise that the item has been expunged, but you may want to answer yes, in the event that it does come up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Robert in San Francisco, California

24 months ago

Thanks for the feedback. I put yes to it because I don't want to lie about it and then they find it and ask why I was dishonest... Which Ironicly that's the very thug they are searching for. Also the recruiter said to be honest about everything because they would for sure find out. The thing that I had on my record that I have court documents freeing me of guilt is Possession of controlled substance. And I currently work @ a jewelry store so I figure that might help my case. I don't have any theft or dishonest criminal record.I interview tomorrow Any one have any feedback? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

msthickness in Florida

24 months ago

Robert in San Francisco, California said: Thanks for the feedback. I put yes to it because I don't want to lie about it and then they find it and ask why I was dishonest... Which Ironicly that's the very thug they are searching for. Also the recruiter said to be honest about everything because they would for sure find out. The thing that I had on my record that I have court documents freeing me of guilt is Possession of controlled substance. And I currently work @ a jewelry store so I figure that might help my case. I don't have any theft or dishonest criminal record.I interview tomorrow Any one have any feedback? Thanks

Yeah, you will be fine, that should not affect you at all.

clarkie in La Jolla, California

16 months ago

Applied for US Bank and am in the process of the background check I got a DUI almost two years ago will that prevent me from employment if I am not doing any driving for the company? Also being a misdemeanor I didn't disclose it only asked for felony convictions? Please does anyone have any advise for me?

clarkie in La Jolla, California

16 months ago

Applied for US bank and was offered a job pending the background/finger check will the offer be pulled for a DUI if the job doesn't require driving and application only asked about felonies? Also what about the employment checks adn credit check I dont have the greatest credit a few accounts went to collections? HELP Im so stressed out!

chica chica in Brooklyn, New York

13 months ago

Had an interview with Citi but I am worried about the credit check My credit is bad but its only from credit cards that I have all closed and cannot afford to pay and I had a vehicle repossession 3yrs ago. will this prevent me from getting an offer from them. I have never done drug and have never had any criminal offenses. So I'm never worried about that part just the credit check. Can anyone advise please?

johnson in Arlington, Texas

9 months ago

so i signed my offer letter for citi took my drug test and fingerprinting Now back in 2008 i paid off retitution for some bad checks i was unaware that i had from way back in 2003 when i got out of high school, i did disclose this info while feeling out my application. will this affect my hiring???? I suppose to start next month.

Jcantu in San Antonio, Texas

9 months ago

So I got an offer with citi pending my background check. But when I sign on and look at my checklists. My background check keeps changing from pending to complete and back to pending. I have a deferred adjudication for welfare fraud. I got a phone call from the people doing the background and they asked me about it and said it wasn't that bad. That I should be ok. But my start date is near and I would have to quite my job I have to start with citi. I'm just a little nervous about starting and two weeks later they tell me I can't work there anymore. Anyone gone thru anything like this. How long does it take for the background to be complete. Or do they at least call you before your start date and let you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sloth in Vietnam

8 months ago

Hi, I just got terminated from former employer. However, my former boss is still willing to give good reference for me if I get new job. In that case, can Citi find out by any way? Is there any system or record that they can check? Please advise!

SW12 in New York, New York

5 months ago

Nick in San Francisco, California said: I've just got a call from the Citi Background check dept asking about my arrest in 07. I am told to wait one more day to see the clearance. Is this mean I am pretty much done with them? I have a misdemenor domestic violance charge on my record, I did not put on my initial application because the state law allows people who finishes the probation on a misdeamenus charge not to report on the job application. Does anyone has similar situiation like me being denied employment with Citi? Should I still keep the faith?

What was the outcome?

MHL in Plano, Texas

3 months ago

Jcantu in San Antonio, Texas said: So I got an offer with citi pending my background check. But when I sign on and look at my checklists. My background check keeps changing from pending to complete and back to pending. I have a deferred adjudication for welfare fraud . I got a phone call from the people doing the background and they asked me about it and said it wasn't that bad. That I should be ok. But my start date is near and I would have to quite my job I have to start with citi. I'm just a little nervous about starting and two weeks later they tell me I can't work there anymore. Anyone gone thru anything like this. How long does it take for the background to be complete. Or do they at least call you before your start date and let you know.

So what was the outcome from this? Did you get hired? Why did the checklist keep changing?

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.