What is their background check process?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 112)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

RichGandy in Ft Lauderdale, Florida

64 months ago

jetrcmsp in Sioux Falls, South Dakota said: Most recently.

I worked as a contractor for TEK systems, through DELL for CITI here in Sioux Falls. Worked at the Citi campus for 9 months. I disclosed a felony theft that occured 15 years ago to TEK and DELL but they hired me and placed me there. 9 months pass. Dell takes me off contract and decides to take me on as a full time DELL employee. Same job, same place, same hours. etc... Citi now opens up their background check and I an disqualified from the position I held for 9 months. Citi ask me about the incident on Friday morning 9:30 and by 2 pm that same day I get the "do not return" call from DELL.

Citi uses this FDIC background practice that goes a lot further than most. All financials service companies do now.

No compassion from Citi, Just sorry you have to go. BEWARE...

RichGandy I pleaded to a felony conviction(14 years ago) and the results were termination after 9 month of contract work within Citi. All the explanation I got was "an FDIC checj was done and you did not pass.

What was the outcome of your arrest were you convicted??? have you been able to get a job since?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jetrcmsp in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

64 months ago

After pleading guilty to Felony Theft, received 30 months probation and restitution. Completed both on time.

There have been difficulties obtaining work, sort of dependant on the industry. Banking pretty much off limits, as I mentioned in the earlier post. Even after all this time, they are very sensitive.

Other industries not so bad. some states only request you reveal the last 7 to 10 years.

It has been no picnic though.

I pray and wish you all the success in the world and that they be more receptive to you than they were for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Neep in Tampa, Florida

64 months ago

RichGandy in Ft Lauderdale, Florida said: Neep do you work for Citi? My background says "convicted by plea" for the Felony which looks horrible but by it sayd Adj Withheld Nolle Prosse. I would imagine they only look for convictions and FDIC offenses right? Thanks so much for your help

Nolle Prosse means the prosecutor stopped pursuing the charge and withheld adjudication means "judgement withheld", so you should be fine. Usually when I've seen this it means that the person was technically guilty of the crime, but the judge and prosecutor think there were extenuating circumstances that lead to your being guilty.

I can't say for 100% sure that these withheld adjudication circumstances mean you're free and clear, but I would be pretty surprised if you had an issue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RichGandy in Ft Lauderdale, Florida

64 months ago

Thanks Neep I have been sick to my stomach waiting and praying for this job I will keep you posted thanks for your time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ezstreet in Fort Mill, South Carolina

64 months ago

RichGandy in Ft Lauderdale, Florida said: Thanks Neep I have been sick to my stomach waiting and praying for this job I will keep you posted thanks for your time!

RichGandy,

Citi is more concerned with convictions that involve any kind of theft. No one was ever hired during my time having any charges related to theft. Bad checks, shoplifting, grand larceny, felony theft, armed robbery are the kinds of convictions that will keep you out the door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Xavier Rockefellar in Dallas, Texas

64 months ago

kindred in Greensboro, North Carolina said: I'm just wondering if they just do regular reference checks plus a separate criminal background check, or if they utilize a third party agency that contacts previous employers, criminal background, etc. I have found that it often takes longer for decisions to be made when third party agencies get involved with all aspects of the process, so I was wondering what Citi's process is. Thanks.

My question is if anyone can help me? I've been recently accepted as an employee of Citi Group. My only concern is when I was eighteen over 15yrs ago I was on Deffered Adjudification. I have passed every back ground check I've had for numerous licenses but these guys do a FBI background, not sure if I've had one of those and I did not address my adjudification on the application because it has never been an issue. My slate has been clean since that time. How will they view that as an overt lie? which is not the case. Anyone has any information or similar expierences?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Xavier Rockefellar in Dallas, Texas

64 months ago

My question is if anyone can help me? I've been recently accepted as an employee of Citi Group. My only concern is when I was eighteen over 15yrs ago I was on Deffered Adjudification. I have passed every back ground check I've had for numerous licenses but these guys do a FBI background, not sure if I've had one of those and I did not address my adjudification on the application because it has never been an issue. My slate has been clean since that time. How will they view that as an overt lie? which is not the case. Anyone has any information or similar expierences?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael Informational in Pleasantville, New York

58 months ago

Natty in Irving, Texas said: Hello,

I got a verbal confirmation from Citi through a recruiting agency and proceeded for fingerprinting and background check. It's almost 1 month and no news from them. I want to know from any one of you - is my offer confirmed subject to the checks. And is it usual for them to take such a long time and is it hopeful?
This is worrying me a lot.

Solicit your opinions.

Thanks.

Ok, so here is my story and advice based on my personal experience. I worked for JP Morgan before Chase bought them out and they did the complete FDIC background check which as others have posted takes a long time. On average 2 months but usually not longer then three. My credit report was also pulled which wasn't perfect but that did not affect me at all. After a little over two months I was called in and questioned about arrests for issuing bad checks that were on my FBI record. The thing was this..they shouldn't have been on there becasue I paid restitution and had the charges dropped to disorderly conduct which is a violation. After some investigation I realized that the FBI and the courts system were not on the same page. So I contacted the Department of Justice and Criminal services DCJIS or something like that, and was told that I need to report to my local police station and request them to finger print me. Then I had to go to every court and get a certificate of disposition. I then forwarded all that to DCJIS and they sent it to the FBI. I finally got it all fixed but not before loosing two other jobs, one ironically being Chase Bank...before they merged with JP. Once everything was fixed, including my sealed felony conviction from when I was 16..(I was living in my neighbors house and having parties)but was given youthful offender status. I subsequently applied for a position at DLJ and made it through the FDIC background check after I fixed everything with my FBI record.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

so fast forward 10 years to 2001 and I get another felony conviction for collecting unemployment while I was still working. So I have a felony conviction for grand larceny since I received $2400 in benefits while being employed. I made restitution and did my probation and got no jail time. What I have realized is that there are ways to get in through back doors. The best way is to go through a head hunter. Most head hunters will do very limited background checks and the companies you go work for will just assume that the check was good. This isn't the case for all companies though. But I have gotten jobs...good ones in the 90K range doing it like this..but I completely stay away from any financial type of position since I know for a fact they will get my FBI record and I will be busted. One other thing i recently found out is that certain states California & NY can only go back 7 years so my advice is to lie...because if you know they are not going to do an FBI check then you will still get the job as long as the 7 years have gone by. If you don't get the job, then find out who they got your record from and get the information purged since they are not following NYS law based on FCRA. Let me know what you guys think...I really believe that its better to give someone a chance then make them suffer for their entire life. Some background checks are done based on the county you are living in so you might want to move. Some are done based on prison records, so if you were convicted but never entered the prison system you can beat the check. Some are done directly with the unified court system in NYC. That will get you caught but I am going to contact them and find out what happens if they get a background check request how far back do they report to an employer inquiring if the law states that only 7 years can be considered for NYS and some other states. One thing I think to keep in mind is that there is a cap on the salary...I think. It might be 75K..not sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

correction...if they do a background check that consists of fingerprints you will NOT get the job with a felony conviction in the financial field or any field that requires SEC or FDIC level security. If there not taking print I think you can slide under the radar if you don't live in the same state or county you were convicted in and depending on if you have completed the 7 year time limit and of course haven't gotten into the prison system. I don't know one person that has told the truth about a conviction and got the job so lie, cause what do you have to loose...a 1 or 2% chance of being hired becasue you were honest?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

amfholla in Jville, North Carolina

56 months ago

My question for the Citi application is how extensive is their employment checks? I worked for an employer for 2 years but due to personal matters had to quit but about 2 months later they hired me back on at a different location, so instead of having to explain all that I didnt put the 2 month laps on the application. Do they just call your employers to verify, or is there some database they check? Also I left out the company I worked for during those 2 months b/c the experience was irrelevant. Will that hurt me? I am not concerned about the criminal background check or the credit check at all, that is my only concern...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JR to the double L in Fountain Hills, Arizona

54 months ago

I work for a different company in the industry as an investment advisor representative, and I will tell you that the one thing in particular they will look for in a background check is anything to do with honesty, stealing, fraud, or any financial related crime. So the shoplifting thing could hurt you... I just know that they emphasize those types of things in the background checks at investment firms. Any kind of stealing would be the number one thing that would stick out to them in the check and probably eliminate any chances of getting or keeping the job.. But this is just my opinion, I don't know any of the exact policies at Citi or anything.

Krishna in Chicago, Illinois

53 months ago

Arrest Record screening: I just got a contracting position offer from citigroup in ny after a lot of hard work and long interviews. I'll be joining after background, drug and finger printing in 7-10 days. I'm concerned about finger print and back ground check. I was once arrested for street solicitation/prostitution charges more than 6 months ago. My case/charges was dismissed by court because they found I was not involved. I do not have any convictions in my whole life: no misdemeanor, no felony, no any kind of crime or offense. i got my record from the police, it says 0 convictions, 0 felonies. But it does have 1 arrest record as stated above. My question is: Would it affect me to get this job opportunity? I'm also on H1B, skilled work visa. I heard many horror stories. Does any type of (misdemeanor)arrest even dismissed disqualify a candidate from citigroup especially contract positions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

PolandSpring in New York, New York

53 months ago

Is anyone familiar with the urine test process for Citigroup? Do they ask you to go to specific facilities? Or can I go to any facility, say, one that is closer to me in my area? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

vness1nv in Burbank, California

52 months ago

In Las Vegas, NV - they use LabCorp for the urine test.

John in Los Angeles, California

52 months ago

I received an offer from Citi to work in the investment bank in New York. 8 years ago I was convicted of a misdemeanor for petty theft that was expunged. Will that show up in the NCIC background check? Will they use that as a reason to deny me employment? Is there anything I can do? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Daniyatom in Columbia, Maryland

50 months ago

John in Los Angeles, California said: I received an offer from Citi to work in the investment bank in New York. 8 years ago I was convicted of a misdemeanor for petty theft that was expunged. Will that show up in the NCIC background check? Will they use that as a reason to deny me employment? Is there anything I can do? Thanks.

John - What was the outcome? Can you share? I got an expungement done in PA for disorderly conduct (was retail theft originally) and I have the same concerns.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

concernedguy in Fort Worth, Texas

50 months ago

I have been given a verbal job offer with citi. They are going to do the background check now and the person I spoke with said something about disclosing bad checks. Is that just if you were ever charge with writing hot checks or is that if you outstanding bad checks?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

concernedguy in Fort Worth, Texas

50 months ago

ezstreet in Fort Mill, South Carolina said: RichGandy,

Citi is more concerned with convictions that involve any kind of theft. No one was ever hired during my time having any charges related to theft. Bad checks, shoplifting, grand larceny, felony theft, armed robbery are the kinds of convictions that will keep you out the door.

So they are only concerned with convictions for bad checks? I have some outstanding bad checks that I am working on paying back but havent yet. Will this effect my employment?

PE2IB in Yarramalong, Australia

49 months ago

John in Los Angeles, California said: I received an offer from Citi to work in the investment bank in New York. 8 years ago I was convicted of a misdemeanor for petty theft that was expunged. Will that show up in the NCIC background check? Will they use that as a reason to deny me employment? Is there anything I can do? Thanks.

I have a pardoned record for credit card fraud from 1991 when my buddy filled up my gas tank with a stolen credit card. It shows up on my FBI check as an arrest for "fraud: willful misrepresentation" but no disposition/outcome or conviction. I was hired by Deutsche Bank (IBD) 3 years ago with this issue after I explained that I have no record.

I have an offer from Citi and am wondering how to deal with this issue with them. Should I tell my new MD upfront or deal with Citi HR/Corp Security?

Bob123

47 months ago

amfholla in Jville, North Carolina said: My question for the Citi application is how extensive is their employment checks? I worked for an employer for 2 years but due to personal matters had to quit but about 2 months later they hired me back on at a different location, so instead of having to explain all that I didnt put the 2 month laps on the application. Do they just call your employers to verify, or is there some database they check? Also I left out the company I worked for during those 2 months b/c the experience was irrelevant. Will that hurt me? I am not concerned about the criminal background check or the credit check at all, that is my only concern...

What was the out come of this & does anyone know if something like this would be an issue?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ddw in Greensboro, North Carolina

45 months ago

ok, i have a question, if i had a simple assault charge in 2007 and another simple assault charge in 2009, would that pretty much disqualify me from being employed with citi? Im schedule for a phone interview today, just a little curious as to what people thought on this, i have no felonies, no charges for thieft, fraud, or anything related money, just those two simple assault charges.

Danny02 in California

45 months ago

I have a question, was I suppose to disclose a misdemeanor DUI in my citibank application? I will fingerprint tomorrow so I was wondering if I should have... Also, I'll be receiving my accetance letter letter and papaer work tomorrow, whats in the package? Anyone know?!?! Plz heeeeelp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

john doe4488 in Scranton, Pennsylvania

43 months ago

hey guys,

I just received an offer from Citi, and was curious as to how the timing of their drug testing. any sight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

43 months ago

PolandSpring in New York, New York said: Is anyone familiar with the urine test process for Citigroup? Do they ask you to go to specific facilities? Or can I go to any facility, say, one that is closer to me in my area? Thanks!

what was the time line of the drug testing like after the offer?

43 months ago

TIP23 in Brooklyn, New York said: what is the process of Citigroups Drug Test? Is it Urine or Hair or both?!

what was the timeline like for the drug test?

faithqq11 in new york, New York

38 months ago

Hi everyone,

I really appreciate your advice on my case – I have a ~400 charge-off on my credit report due to my mistake and illiteracy of US credit and financial system. Going to start working with citi in a month. I’m very concerned with the negative impact that record would bring. I am able and totally willing to pay off or settle in any manner. Could someone advise what the consequence would be like? what are the things I should/could do at the moment to minimize the impact?

Here is my case: I worked in the US for 2 years before moving back to my home country. When I left, I forgot to close my citi credit card account (stupid me!)and forgot that the AAA annual fee is associated with this card for automatic payment (once every year). When it was the time, AAA deducted $60+ from this card. Being in another country, I didn’t know what was happening here. So this amount just sat on the card, got delayed, accumulated interest and eventually got charged off.

I’m kept awake at night for this issue. If someone could advise a bit, I would deeply deeply appreciate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

imny93 in Milltown, New Jersey

37 months ago

faithqq11 in new york, New York said: Hi everyone,

I really appreciate your advice on my case – I have a ~400 charge-off on my credit report due to my mistake and illiteracy of US credit and financial system. Going to start working with citi in a month. I’m very concerned with the negative impact that record would bring. I am able and totally willing to pay off or settle in any manner. Could someone advise what the consequence would be like? what are the things I should/could do at the moment to minimize the impact?

Here is my case: I worked in the US for 2 years before moving back to my home country. When I left, I forgot to close my citi credit card account (stupid me!)and forgot that the AAA annual fee is associated with this card for automatic payment (once every year). When it was the time, AAA deducted $60+ from this card. Being in another country, I didn’t know what was happening here. So this amount just sat on the card, got delayed, accumulated interest and eventually got charged off.

I’m kept awake at night for this issue. If someone could advise a bit, I would deeply deeply appreciate.

Please advise what happended, did you get the job finally, I might have a similar problem

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mecadamia in Oradell, New Jersey

37 months ago

I recently applied to citi group. I got an offer letter, accepted, done finger prints and drugs. I've called the HR about the status of my joining date which is supposed to be in a week, he told me that my background check is still in progress. I was arrested in 02, but the charges are dismissed. I was not convicted. So I didn't mention about the arrest in the employment application. Should i specify them now or let it wait to be cleared.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mecadamia in New York, New York

37 months ago

mecadamia in Oradell, New Jersey said: I recently applied to..
I've just got a call from the Citi Background check dept asking about my arrest in 02. I faxed them the disposition docs. I am told to wait one more day to see the clearance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

JZ in San Rafael, California

37 months ago

mecadamia in New York, New York said: I've just got a call from the Citi Background check dept asking about my arrest in 02. I faxed them the disposition docs. I am told to wait one more day to see the clearance.

How was the result of your background check? Did you start your job?

Mecadamia in Oradell, New Jersey

36 months ago

JZ in San Rafael, California said: How was the result of your background check? Did you start your job?

Yes, it was cleared. Just had to wait couple more days than anticipated.

janedoe0305 in Winston Salem, North Carolina

35 months ago

So my situation is, I have already been offered a position at citi in the call center but on my record i have a misdemeanor larceny (shoplifting). I was not actually the one shoplifting but I was with people that were so I got in trouble too. But anyway, when I went to court they called my name and told me my case was dismissed. I was 17 at the time and im 21 now so it was like 4 yrs ago. Will they eventually let me go because of this?

janedoe0305 in Winston Salem, North Carolina

35 months ago

To add to my story I didn't lie on my app because I didnt get convicted of anything and I never had to plead guilty, no contest, or anything like that.

JOHN in Bettendorf, Iowa

35 months ago

janedoe0305 in Winston Salem, North Carolina said: To add to my story I didn't lie on my app because I didnt get convicted of anything and I never had to plead guilty, no contest, or anything like that.

does anyone know if citi checks references? more specificaly asking for previos supervisors names.

Speedee in Boise, Idaho

34 months ago

mecadamia in New York, New York said: I've just got a call from the Citi Background check dept asking about my arrest in 02. I faxed them the disposition docs. I am told to wait one more day to see the clearance.

How long did it take for the entire background check to clear.

Lindsay in New York, New York

34 months ago

what about the credit score? What about a score in the mid 500's?

Nick in San Francisco, California

34 months ago

I've just got a call from the Citi Background check dept asking about my arrest in 07. I am told to wait one more day to see the clearance. Is this mean I am pretty much done with them? I have a misdemenor domestic violance charge on my record, I did not put on my initial application because the state law allows people who finishes the probation on a misdeamenus charge not to report on the job application. Does anyone has similar situiation like me being denied employment with Citi? Should I still keep the faith?

illtee in Hempstead, New York

32 months ago

i have a ? i just walk out of my interview at citi i think the interview went well how long b 4 you no if u got the job is it a day or its on the spot can some one tell me

ja5366 in Oralton, Pennsylvania

31 months ago

kindred in Greensboro, North Carolina said: I'm just wondering if they just do regular reference checks plus a separate criminal background check, or if they utilize a third party agency that contacts previous employers, criminal background, etc. I have found that it often takes longer for decisions to be made when third party agencies get involved with all aspects of the process, so I was wondering what Citi's process is. Thanks.

If your in "good" with the manager its my experience they forgive everything ... even rape and pedophilia and no mental ability ..... Petty theft or serious financial theft/larceny forget it.
even rape and pedefirgih

probabilityman in Jersey City, New Jersey

30 months ago

Hello Everyone,

I recently got an internship at Citigroup. I had a question about the background check information. I worked in an IT company for 1.5years and earlier to that i interned in a small manufacturing firm for 2 months where i did not get paid. will they do a background check in the small firm since i was never on the pay roll of the company.
I expect that there would be a background check at the IT company for sure but was wondering about the manufacturing firm. Could someone provide me information on the same?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RichGandy in Durham, North Carolina

29 months ago

RichGandy in Ft Lauderdale, Florida said: Thanks Neep I have been sick to my stomach waiting and praying for this job I will keep you posted thanks for your time!

RichGandy in Ft Lauderdale, Florida did you ever get the job with Citi?

Alexa in Durham, North Carolina

29 months ago

janedoe0305 in Winston Salem, North Carolina said: So my situation is, I have already been offered a position at citi in the call center but on my record i have a misdemeanor larceny (shoplifting). I was not actually the one shoplifting but I was with people that were so I got in trouble too. But anyway, when I went to court they called my name and told me my case was dismissed. I was 17 at the time and im 21 now so it was like 4 yrs ago. Will they eventually let me go because of this?

were you fingerprinted for the misdemeanor? Did you start working for Citi?

Sarah in Jacksonville, Florida

27 months ago

I had a one on one interview with Citi on the 18th of June. I am very worried about past misdemeanor convictions for possession of marijuana and working as an exotic dancer, (being topless when I should not have), which was 7 years ago. Those were my only convictions no theft. I have a BS degree in Legal Studies and am working on my MBA now. I was curious how long does it take to hear from Citi and do they tell you if you do not receive the job?

deoxide2012 in La Puente, California

25 months ago

Does anyone know if it's a waste of time for me to be applying to banker / teller positions with citi or wells if I have a Misd for fighting when I was 16 and also illegal possesion of a gun because some idiot who I didnt know had a gun on him and dropped it on the floor of my car when I was pulled over also at the age of 16. I have nothing else since those two when I was a minor. They were both misdemeanors and the fighting charge was later dropped and I did 90 days probation for the stupid gun thing. Can they even see convictions when they happend as a minor. I just turned 40. so about 24 years ago. I applied to Citi and they say I passed the assesement test but I dont want to waste their time and mine if I will get turned down because I forgot to list those on my online app and a few days last I just remembered them. Can anyone shed some light?

Citi_Verbal_Hire in Buffalo, New York

22 months ago

success8 in Jamaica, New York said: can you advise how long did it takes from verbal offer to actual start date. i got a verbal offer one month ago and i am still waiting on physical offer letter. my application needs six signatures and I believe I'm waiting on the ceo , budget approvals etc. due to the time that has elapsed I am wondering if I made the right decision?

I got a verbal offer one week ago from CitiGroup in Buffalo and i am still waiting for physical offer letter. The HR said that " we would like to make you an offer, however, until this gets approved, there is no official offer and no guarantee that this will get approved." I am little freaked out looking at this response.

Also, I have got a verbal confirmation from a different department in the same Citigroup Buffalo office for an altogether different position and I am dealing with a different HR there. The status here is also same as the other position, waiting for the approval. Both have sent my case for approval almost at the same time.

Can anyone please tell me how this works. I am a little panicky at the moment.

Love yourself in Hicksville, New York

21 months ago

Citi has pushed my start date twice because of minor discrepancies I worked as a teller a few months back and another teller stole 2000 out my drawer there were no cameras showing so it looked as if I did I had to sign papers stating I took the money but I actually never did I signed because the Wells Fargo investigator told me she was gonna get the cops and my banking reputation was going to be bad and no bank will hire so I signed so I'm not sure if that's the discrepancy citi is talking about

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Love yourself in Levittown, New York

21 months ago

Citi has pushed my start date twice because of minor discrepancies I worked as a teller a few months back and another teller stole 2000 out my drawer there were no cameras showing so it looked as if I did I had to sign papers stating I took the money but I actually never did I signed because the Wells Fargo investigator told me she was gonna get the cops and my banking reputation was going to be bad and no bank will hire so I signed so I'm not sure if that's the discrepancy citi is talking about some one please help me :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PoCandidate in Columbus, Ohio

19 months ago

I have not found this information anywhere... How far back does Citi go for a background check. I got in trouble about 9 years ago and have not been in any trouble since. A friend recommended I apply where he works, but wasn't sure of the time limitation or if you I am not eligible for hire at all.

Thanks

PoCandidate in Columbus, Ohio

19 months ago

jetrcmsp in Sioux Falls, South Dakota said: Most recently.

I worked as a contractor for TEK systems, through DELL for CITI here in Sioux Falls. Worked at the Citi campus for 9 months. I disclosed a felony theft that occured 15 years ago to TEK and DELL but they hired me and placed me there. 9 months pass. Dell takes me off contract and decides to take me on as a full time DELL employee. Same job, same place, same hours. etc... Citi now opens up their background check and I an disqualified from the position I held for 9 months. Citi ask me about the incident on Friday morning 9:30 and by 2 pm that same day I get the "do not return" call from DELL.

Citi uses this FDIC background practice that goes a lot further than most. All financials service companies do now.

No compassion from Citi, Just sorry you have to go. BEWARE...

I had the same situation happen to me working for HP contracted out to Citi as a SDT.. I worked on-site for two years, then was offered a full time position, doing the same thing, at the same site. I was offered the job, given my salary, and start date. After full disclosure I was contact saying "Do not return" After two years and an outstanding work record. I never hid anything about my incident and even spoke to my soon-to-be manager and was told not to worry.

My Incident was almost 8 years old at the time with no further incidents, not even a speeding ticket. Being truthful and honest didn't help me at all.. They didn't care of the situation or any reasons as to what happened.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.