How long should I expect to hear something after phone interview?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

lookingforwork84 in Texas

34 months ago

I had a phone interview with Citi last week, I think it went good. I was able to answer all of the recruiter's questions, I just hope it was to their satisfaction.

The recruiter told me that they would forward the information from the interview to Citi, and a Local Recruiter would contact me only if interested. So I guess if they are not, I wont hear anything?

The recruiter told me it could take 7 to 10 days for a response. Does this sound like she was saying they are not interested, or is that standard? I don't think the recruiter worked for Citi directly, I think it is a outsourced recruiting company, because when I googled their number I saw comments for this being a recruiter for multiple companies. I wish I could have asked questions pertaining to the job and Citi itself, but the recruiter told me they did not have the answers to that, and I would have to save those for a Local Recruiter.

How long do you think I should wait before I assume they are not interested?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

d3nicole Smith in dallas, Texas

34 months ago

I would like to know also, the same thing happened to me on Monday, I answered all the questions, but I havent heard anything from citgroup either, I thought if no one has contacted me for interview, then I would recieve a thanks for apply but no thanks email.

I think I will give up in a week, if I havent heard anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

d3nicole Smith in dallas, Texas

34 months ago

d3nicole Smith in dallas, Texas said: I would like to know also, the same thing happened to me on Monday, I answered all the questions, but I havent heard anything from citgroup either, I thought if no one has contacted me for interview, then I would recieve a thanks for apply but no thanks email.

I think I will give up in a week, if I havent heard anything.

but you never know with the compaines this days

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Charmd in Jacksonville, Florida

33 months ago

Shabree in Middleburg, Florida said: Charmd have you heard back from citi bank yet? Did the person who interviewed you tell when the training class would begin?

nothing yet --also, no clear date set for the training but I had the impression that is was still several weeks out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Investor Guy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

The best thing to do is to assume they will not call back regardless of what they say and keep applying for jobs. If they do call back of course that's great but if you keep looking than you haven't wasted your time. Right now getting a job is largely based on luck given the insane amount of competition. Luck increases with more irons in the fire. You can have all the right qualifications, personality, looks etc but you just never know who else is interviewing for the position and who is interviewing you. I have tried to figure out why I haven't gotten call backs or landed jobs and I cannot think of the reasons. All I can do is keep trying til I land one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Charmd in Jacksonville, Florida

33 months ago

That's exactly the approach I've taken. Just keep up the hunt.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

phicks628 in Stone Mountain, Georgia

28 months ago

Shabree in Middleburg, Florida said: I applied for the position online on may 31, i received an email on June 1 to set up a phone interview for that same day. The phone interview went well. I was told I would hear back from an HR person in 7-10 days. I received an email Almost twenty days later congratulating me on passing the online assessment and phone interview, also requesting me to fill out another employment application before the on site interview is scheduled. I received a call exactly a week later to come in for a one on one interview on the following monday, July 2. The interview went well and I was told the approximate starting date would be the end of July. I was also told that I would hear back from an hr rep by the end of this week. Today is Friday, nothing yet. I will give hr a call on Monday to check on the status.

The same thing for me. I had a face to face interview, however she mentioned that someone would call back within 5-10 buisness days if they're interested. I have confidence that i have the job, but you will never know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yessica in Spring, Texas

22 months ago

I had a Interview with harris county system today i just hope a get the job and somebody from hr will call me to have a face to face interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

claudiae116 in Long Beach, California

20 months ago

HI! I just has a phone interview as well and they told me the same exact thing! Do you mind letting me know what ended up happening with your situation? It would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

-Claudia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amber in Hollywood, Florida

18 months ago

I applied online Friday Se

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Amber in Hollywood, Florida

18 months ago

I applied online Friday September 20th. I received a email minutes later to set up a phone interview. I set up phone interview for Monday September 23. I thought it went ok. I'm sure I was nervous. I received email the next morning before 10am for the next steps. Just completed that step and I'm currently waiting on someone to call about on site interview. The process time is different from person to person. I have a friend also applying & I'm at his step & he applied a month ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hannah webb in Alexandria, Kentucky

17 months ago

lookingforwork84 in Texas said: I had a phone interview with Citi last week, I think it went good. I was able to answer all of the recruiter's questions, I just hope it was to their satisfaction.

The recruiter told me that they would forward the information from the interview to Citi, and a Local Recruiter would contact me only if interested. So I guess if they are not, I wont hear anything?

The recruiter told me it could take 7 to 10 days for a response. Does this sound like she was saying they are not interested, or is that standard? I don't think the recruiter worked for Citi directly, I think it is a outsourced recruiting company, because when I googled their number I saw comments for this being a recruiter for multiple companies. I wish I could have asked questions pertaining to the job and Citi itself, but the recruiter told me they did not have the answers to that, and I would have to save those for a Local Recruiter.

How long do you think I should wait before I assume they are not interested?

Hi, I know this was a long time ago, but I just applied at citi and they guy called back saying they were very interested. But he wants me to fill out the 40 question questionnaire . I can't find it anywhere on my job profile, do you know where to find it? Please and thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Loveion in West Palm Beach, Florida

6 months ago

I applied on a Monday for a post ion at citibank. On Tues I got a call from a recruiter wanting me to set up a interview with the manager. I went in for a one on one interview on Friday and was told to wait 7-10 days to hear back. I really want this job because I'm qualified. It is now 7 days after the interview and I'm nervous. I pray that they call me because this job would help out. Has anyone had a similar experience like mine??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

georgia in Ocilla, Georgia

3 months ago

The process with them is very long. I applied online and didn't hear from the first recruiter for 2 weeks then he told me a local person would call and I didn't hear from her for about 3 weeks. Had my interview and heard from a recruiter 2 weeks later offering me the position. I'm now waiting to do my drug test and finger print. I have a tentative start date soon too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

nfarber2001@yahoo.com in Belvidere, Illinois

2 months ago

I had a phone interview with Citi 1/12/15,was told my application would be sent to a hiring manager and they would call me to set up a 2nd interview.Not heard anything.Does anyone have their contact info?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.