Clear Channel Communications Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Clear Channel Communications?

What do you like best about working at Clear Channel Communications? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee

91 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Clear Channel Communications?
What do you like best about working at Clear Channel Communications? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

They give you a 3% raise every year but don't expect much more than that because every department is worried about meeting budget.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Bruce Greif in Portland, Oregon

77 months ago

Average strting wage is about 30K, but I'm sure varies with locale. Bonuses $500-$1500 per year. Most positions work they're area without much travel, though some positions, such in the HR dept, could require actully going to every office and give training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bridget Howe in Burbank, California

72 months ago

My hope in the future of humankind is being restored, again, thanks to individuals who encouraged me to speak and write about ClearChannel Los Angeles Radio Traffic/Continuity Department, in Burbank, California.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

rabbitwantsaniphone in windham, Maine

51 months ago

My location and name have been changed to protect the innocent. I have worked for Clear Channel Radio (CCR) for 1½ yrs. I enjoy the work I do and in the current environment I am happy to have a job and CCR take’s complete advantage of this. I needed to take this job or end up in the unemployment line. I find CCR to be cheap penny pinching bean counters. Everyday is a "just get it done day". There are no procedure guidelines to minimize redundancy and error. When employees are given the tools to reduce redundancy and error they don't use or aren't required to use the tools, causing more error and more redundancy. The AE’s (sales reps) in my office don't receive cell phone or gas compensation but our parent market AE's do. I don't work in the same office as our Market VP but the VP is a tyrant. Everyone walks on egg shells and no one ever knows what kind of mood the VP will be in. The VP screams and hollers and berates people like a spoiled self indulged toddler. The VP has never done this to me but I would not sit back and take that if it happened. No one should. People in my office have not received pay increases or bonuses in 6 yrs, Yes 6 yrs, it’s not an exaggeration. Even when our market continues to exceed all revenue goals in this tough economy. I am PAINFULLY under paid. Shortly after I was hired for a specific job, for which I have 20 years experience, 3 people were laid off as part of clear channel employment reduction. I now perform the job functions of 4 full time people on a salary of an entry level blue berry picker. I have not had a performance review the entire time I have been with clear channel. I have inquired about this and was told "you're doing a good job" end of story. No overtime pay is allowed but you are expected to do your job even if it requires overtime. If you enjoy getting the job done with not much reward, working in a fast paced, unorganized environment, you’ll fit in at CCR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

James in Avon, Ohio

6 months ago

Good to see they are lenient with drug use, alcohol, and employee conflicts. Sounds good to me, I'm trying for a job here. :-)

Here in Cleveland, Ohio some of the Clear Channel DJ's talk about thow they use marijuana and alcohol use. They always get into arguments and they all still have their jobs. None of them have ever talked about drug tests given by the employer.

They have condonded employee drinking on the clock, so the only thing I think that would be cool is if they let them smoke a joint now and then.

None of my employers would have allowed anything like this without someone getting fired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.