How to get a job at Clearwire.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (28)

Host

Do you work at Clearwire? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Jilted in Allen, Texas

89 months ago

Yeah, be young and male.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

William Brown in Hyattsville, Maryland

89 months ago

I interested in your company to set career home in richmond ,va

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nevermind in Las Vegas, Nevada

89 months ago

what is the product?

nevermind in Las Vegas, Nevada

89 months ago

what is the product?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

In Orlando in Daytona Beach, Florida

88 months ago

I was quite shocked by their recruiting methodology. First of all I applied for the position and did not hear anything for two months. I then spoke with one of their contract recruiters and was told they would get back to me. They never did until I track them down to find out the status. I was told they would be interviewing other candidates F2F. I was shocked because I met all the qualifications of their job description and more. I should have at least been interviewed! For a high tech company their recruiting process is lame.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Caledonia, Michigan

88 months ago

How did you get hold of their contract recruiters?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KK in Seatte in Sammamish, Washington

87 months ago

I had the same experience with this position - was told they would be interviewing other candidates. After the IPO and the search for a CEO was started, the company appeared to lose focus on the recruiting process for mid-level managers. According to a networking contact, the company and others like it in the Seattle area often begin searches without a clear understanding of the skills, strengths, and capabilities they want to hire. As such, the process takes on a disorganized appearance to the outsider and further suffers from sporadic and inconsistent communication. The case here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christine Drake in Bothell, Washington

87 months ago

nevermind in Las Vegas, Nevada said: what is the product?

Just google it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Wolfgang in Las Vegas, Nevada

86 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Clearwire? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I got a job which I then got fired from the very first day of work. The background (from 6 years ago) did not pass, but they neglected to tell me this for three weeks till the first day of training. And yes, I did fully disclose it on the application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Collen Platz in Seattle, Washington

86 months ago

Wolfgang in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I got a job which I then got fired from the very first day of work. The background (from 6 years ago) did not pass, but they neglected to tell me this for three weeks till the first day of training. And yes, I did fully disclose it on the application.

I am going on an interview on Friday with Clearwire. I am a little worried on the check. What disqualified you from the job? I am worried my bad credit will keep me from a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dante in Seattle, Washington

85 months ago

I made it onto the 3rd interview. Everything seemed great - perfec background for the job - until I met one guy who asked me why I didn't choose Wharton for my MBA.
"Were'nt you good enough for it?"

I came back with it was outside of my geographic preference and that I wanted to do it part time.

Never heard from them again...sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Collen Platz in Seattle, Washington

85 months ago

Dante in Seattle, Washington said: I made it onto the 3rd interview. Everything seemed great - perfec background for the job - until I met one guy who asked me why I didn't choose Wharton for my MBA.

I came back with it was outside of my geographic preference and that I wanted to do it part time.

What position were you interviewing for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

KK in Seatte in Puyallup, Washington

84 months ago

Dante in Seattle, Washington said: I made it onto the 3rd interview. Everything seemed great - perfec background for the job - until I met one guy who asked me why I didn't choose Wharton for my MBA.

You should never be asked why you didn't attend a particular b-school. Instead, the right question is, "Why did you select the program you attended?" That's a chance to reveal more of your character, personality, and values to the interviewer who doesn't know another way of getting at that information. I've heard that some interviewers like to challenge candidates in interviews to see how they react to confrontation. That may have been the tactic at play.

Your decision not to attend or apply to Wharton (whatever the case) had no impact on the interview process. After 3 rounds of interviews, anyone who mattered in the process already knew and accepted your educational background. Good luck elsewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jan Smith in Dayton, Ohio

84 months ago

The place is a total joke. I would never recommend working for Clearwire. As a former employee, trust me, the pain and suffering is not worth it. Nor the pay. Management is less than experienced and it is chaos. I was there for about 2 months and quit because I could not stomach the unorganization, the rude managers and the way everyone was treated. I also know of one account executive that was there for 3 weeks and then fired due to not "making quota", but had never had any training...AT ALL. Bottom line - do yourself a favor and don't apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

No thanks in Seattle, Washington

84 months ago

Anytime I send a resume to a major company I get no response. It goes into a blackhole of the Internet never to be seen or heard from again. It is frustrating because I want a job like this and I would be such a great canidate. Starbucks, wireless companies, Microsoft. All of them are hard to get jobs at! They should make it easier to get in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

susan in Jacksonville, Florida

84 months ago

is there a base salary for the account executive positions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lorduke in Seattle, Washington

83 months ago

yeah- If you want a sales position start calling the dsm every couple of days, if you want an I.T. Job you need to know someone, as for corporate, -look pretty,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ee gardip in Bellingham, Washington

81 months ago

susan in Jacksonville, Florida said: is there a base salary for the account executive positions?

36k plus commision of another 30 k. the average salesmen will stay companywide for a total of two and a half months look at the numbers. if the one out of 20 or so that make it for a whole year will average 45 or so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ali in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Jilted in Allen, Texas said: Yeah, be young and male.

iam ali and Ifound out from my friend that krb hiring so Idlike to have achance if any
[Edited by Host]

****Message from Host****
Contact info deleted. Please do not post Contact info in the forums.
If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile. Also please be cautious when sending your information to anyone on the forums.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

go2g in La Grande, Oregon

80 months ago

Hey anti clearwire poster, Did you read the question? Dident think so. If you got issues, walk into there corporate with a video camera (they have hotheads come in all the time with a video camera and it works) And yeah- Thad the tech is an idiot. But chances are your end has the issues,"Do you work at Clearwire? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

tmart in Franklin, Ohio

76 months ago

Don't waste your time. I interviewed for a month and got offered a job. $57k a year which is great money but you have to work 7 days a week. Pretty much have to be available 24/7. Take my advice, RUN!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tricky in Red Bluff, California

76 months ago

Yeah, my hubby applied for a Territory Manager Position and went to the interview in Stockton. We drove 2.5 hours for that interview. Then the guy told us he'd have an interview in Chico next. Nope, the company called and asked my hubby to fly out to Seattle for a F2F interview. (Should have stopped there since he asked my husband if, "your wife would leave you for working so many hours.") So, after a month of dragging my hubby along, thinking he was going to get the job, he flew out to Seattle. They treated him like crap. They then re-posted the job on Monster and Careerbuilder the same day my hubby was in Seattle. Jerks. So, if you want to work 6 days a week 10 hours a day with no time for family...apply at Clearwire. If you want some sort of life, apply elsewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bluedoc in Tacoma, Washington

70 months ago

ee gardip in Bellingham, Washington said: 36k plus commision of another 30 k. the average salesmen will stay companywide for a total of two and a half months look at the numbers. if the one out of 20 or so that make it for a whole year will average 45 or so.

Its more like 25K base. Don't even consider working at Clearwire, its really a scam how they set things up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

scotmond in Pioneer, California

68 months ago

Thank you everyone for your comments. I've got a good job now but was interested in finding something else. It sounds like Clearwire is a lot of work, working for butt-heads for not much money. No thanks.

Johnthesalesman in Las Vegas, Nevada

64 months ago

I got hired after only 2 f2f interviews. It seems they are going apesh_t with the hiring, after they give you an offer they hand you a drug screening test form. The stack was over 200 pages high. There will be a lot of reps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Johnthesalesman in Las Vegas, Nevada

64 months ago

I went to orientation which was 8 hours. It was the most horrible experience I've had since I can remember.

I read some sales reports that came through on my new clearwire email and saw they actually have a 65%-70% cancellation rate. That's obsurd!!!!

I've worked for many companies and sold a variety of different products, but 70% avg cancellation rate for anything is astronomical!!! Can you say Chargeback city? That's all I needed to see.

I haven't gone back nor will I suggest anyone waste their time with them. I was lucky enough to have not quit my previous job for this one or I would have been royally scrwed!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

time better spent in Arlington, Texas

44 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Clearwire? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Don't work for Clearwire or Clear as they call it now. Spend some time and find a job elsewhere. I wasted 2 months there and would never go back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.