What's the company culture at Clearwire?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Clearwire?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Clearwire?

Reply - Report abuse

Carlene Connelly in Edmonds, Washington

107 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Clearwire?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is the regular hours at Clearwire for an non-exempt or exempt employee?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Carlene Connelly in Edmonds, Washington

107 months ago

You are not answering the questions that have been asked.

The enviroment of Clearwire or the business culture.

What is the business hour for your employees- which you can get the answer form you Human Resources Department. They could probably help you with answer these questions and would not may people frustrate with CLEARWIRE information.

Stockholder.
Carlene Connelly
[Edited by Host]

****Message from Host***
Contact info deleted. Please do not post Contact info in the forums.
If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile. Also please be cautious when sending your information to anyone on the forums.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jan Smith in Dayton, Ohio

107 months ago

The hours are never ending. They expect their employees to be available 24/7.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

u_r_not_born_2_b_a_wage_slave in Nowheresville, American Samoa

106 months ago

I'm commenting as the spouse of someone who works at Clearwire in sales. Dress for the consumer and small business sales team is casual. Wearing a Clearwire golf shirt or oxford is required.

My spouse was sent for a week of sales training and then hit the ground runnning. The spouse was told during the interview process that the job would not be your 40 hours a week or typical 8 am to 5 pm. We expected he would have some flexibility in his schedule since the expectation is that sales reps may work evenings and weekends and pursue the small business customer during the day. We were told he would work no more than 50 hours a week and would be given comp time for weekend work.

So far, my spouse's day starts at 7:00 AM and doesn't end until 10 PM or 11 PM. He is asked to work seven days a week. He is repeatedly scheduled to work from 8 AM to midnight on Saturdays.

He's averaging 72-80 hours a week. He sells well, but still struggles to make quota as the coverage in his territory is spotty and sales quotas are unrealistic. At base pay with his hours, his hourly rate is just below minimum wage. A transportation stipend covers half the gas he is forced to buy to run all over the city at a moment's notice from managers. It's insane. Even when he makes quota and receives his bonus, his hourly rate is dismal.

I never see my spouse. He doesn't see our children. He's miserable about this, but right now we need the income. He doesn't want to start a job and then just quite after only a few months.

I can't comment on corporate culture, but the sales reps and local sales managers are worked to the point of burn out with no reward. It's the execs who fair well, not the low person in the field. You were not born to be a wage slave.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

blackM in Seattle, Washington

106 months ago

You were not born to be a wage slave- You hit this right on the money. 7 days a week, 80+ hours, revolving managers, the rewards potential is great but that requires 100+ hours a week. zero training, poor management focus- Marketings a joke, Its sad to see people throw 110% to the job and its never good enough. Saying this as an ex employee who left on excellent terms and made qouta. if you figure mid fifties at full qouta average- your making 9-11 dollers an hour. Did I mention job security is nil. Best of luck, as for the enviroment- some markets welcome shorts and a teeshirt that say something crude, others are strictly suit and tie. My two cents- RUN!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ee gardip in Bellingham, Washington

103 months ago

Carlene Connelly- Please-call them- they will tell you 35 hours a week, no sweat- But then again feel free to invest in there stock aswell by the same lie- please, dont let us stop you- Ill paypall you a hundred bucks if you can find one employee on the sales or recruiting side or outside contractors who have good feelings with the company at large.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ronp in Seattle, Washington

99 months ago

This company was a joke to work for. I worked as a direct rep. out of Kirkland and it was laughable. The turnover is high and the hours are ridiculous. I left as soon as they brought in the last manager. I have no idea where they found him and think he sold gym memberships in the past. He lost the team. No ethics, customer service went out the window. It was all about making the sale at any cost. I would not recommend this company to anyone. What a waste of 3 months I can never get back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

bluedoc in Tacoma, Washington

92 months ago

From what I'v experienced from the F2F interviews, seeing the mall kiosk salesman, and seeing the sales tactics the so called "Reps" use, its definitely lacking in ethics and works on low professionalism.

The reps are not really representatives but rather salesman with no knowledge or training.
I went into the interview knowing more than the manager, and ride along I had with the Rep has no idea about the technology used.

Of course you would think a "Representative" should be professional and knowledgeable about the product, the rep I did a ride along with had know idea what WiMax was or even knew about the company's direction or lack there of. Not only did i walk away from this job opportunity, I RAN!

I hope SPRINT reevaluates their position because if they merge with Clearwire, Sprint might go down with them too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

pdxrulz in Portland, Oregon

88 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Clearwire?

BEWARE OF CLEAR!!!!

I worked for this company and lost five months of my life. Interview process leaves much to be desired. Training does not exist. Code of conduct, ethics, and customer service are pushed aside in the name of sales and production. Hours demanded are inhumane, 60-65 hours a week with one day off (if you are lucky). Managers are rude, un-motivating and manipulative. Save yourself from going mental and find another opportunity!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

jane1 in Portland, Oregon

87 months ago

I worked at clear for over 5 months and I can tell you that the interview process puts all the hope and drive into your outlook within your career at this company but I can vouch for the last 5 months that...IT IS THE WORST JOB I HAVE EVER HAD! I was treated like a piece of meat, working over 65 hours a week and nothing was EVER good enough for management. They turn you into a sales MONSTER...making you appreciate life a lot more. Don't think for a second that you are lucky getting in to this company after 5-6 interviews (like I had)...just know that they are looking for someone to turn into a complete machine...someone who doesn't have feelings and if you have a life...FORGET ABOUT IT...ITS GONE ONCE YOU START AT THIS COMPANY. The only joy you will get is nice paychecks and NO SELF WORTH!! Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Johnthesalesman in Las Vegas, Nevada

87 months ago

Everyone on here is saying they make you work ridiculous hours 60+ per week etc. If this is an outside sales job how would they be able to regulate how many hours you work per week or per day? Wouldn't you be out there prospecting for business? Most Outside sales jobs I have, as long as you produce or put up numbers, they don't care how many hours or day I work. What gives?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

spock9 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

Johnthesalesman in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Everyone on here is saying they make you work ridiculous hours 60+ per week etc. If this is an outside sales job how would they be able to regulate how many hours you work per week or per day? Wouldn't you be out there prospecting for business? Most Outside sales jobs I have, as long as you produce or put up numbers, they don't care how many hours or day I work. What gives?

Good question!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

silverrose in Chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

Also I was told at my interview that if I can't make my end of yr quota that I would be fired. I think that really stinks especially with this economy today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

spock9 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

I had a quick phone interview with someone from this company last week.
Man it just felt so "sleazy" The guy talked real FAST, and basic wanted to know if I had any experience cold calling...... I was like no? Did you read my resume?
24 years retail management? Why would you want a retail store manager cold calling businesses?
Its a shame that sprint is partnered with a company so sleazy.
I don't think I have read anything about them that is positive in this forum ...They should be ashamed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

rodbarnes in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

When I red all the comments, I was sick. How sad. And these are people that probably want to work. And be treated with respect. I have worked for Heartland Payment Systems for 5+ years and wow how lucky am I.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.