Clerk & Controller Palm Beach County ---Biggest Phonies in Government

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Michelle in Lake Worth, Florida

80 months ago

As a former employee, I can tell you they are the biggest phonies, mostly middle aged women out there that run the place. They make you sign a "Culture Statement" that the customer is God and that you also,,,,,will be treated with respect....not... If you past three minutes late from lunch or in the morning your lectured in the supervisors office. If you use any more than 4 days sick time you are written up. Three day advance notice for a vacation day even when no one else in the office is requesting it. Best yet supervisors will humiliate you if you wear the least bit suggestive outfits. Union efforts failed here because most of the middle aged women need their medical insurance -prozac/hypertension pills to deal with the stress and phonies here. Move on to Broward/Dade Countis where you will be more respected.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Joelle in Boca Raton, Florida

73 months ago

Wow...funny how they are constantly posting the same exact jobs over and over and never responding to qualified candidates.

Thanks for the inside info on the "culture" - sounds exactly like typical PB politics.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

OMD do I hate FL. in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

73 months ago

W0w...........This is a local Gov. agency, correct ??

Ive sent them at least 8 resumes and not even an email back.
Over a decade doing the same stuff in another state so I think(?)
Im qualified.
I know the employment agencies in FL are trash but I never thought
Gov. agencies would pull this stuff !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joelle in Boca Raton, Florida

73 months ago

Try calling them...

please call 561-355-4172

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joelle in Boca in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

65 months ago

Not only that, they will actually send you an email based on your careerbuilder profile even though they already failed to respond to the same exact resume you may have submitted on their site...that's pretty foolish & embarrassing

Key note: Their CIO left them during a major recession...that says how bad a place it is to work...they can't even keep the CIO when there are virtually no jobs available and salaries and shrinking...sad

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Julia in Lake Worth, Florida

48 months ago

Beware of employment in Recording Department. Karen Heidmann - Director loves to fire people for the simplest of reasons. One of my co-workers sons was sick at school and she received a cell call--which she heard ring in her office. The poor girl was written for for violation of rules. They don't to hear about your personal problems - yet they are on the internet on on-government issues all day. The department also have favorites who are not required to work the front counter or answer the dreaded department switchboard...Favorites about.. Don't let them fool you into thinking that they will take care of you with good benefits. Cause if they don't like you - your gone b/4 the 90 wait period begins anyway. Dollar General treats their employees with respect. Not here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.