Coca-Cola Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (38)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Coca-Cola?

What do you like best about working at Coca-Cola? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Edie Noyes in Kingwood, Texas

90 months ago

I am interested in getting a job at Coca-Cola because I would like to have a chance to use my training in Human Resources. I have enjoyed drinking Cocoa-Cola products all my life. I don't know of the perks and special treats employees receive yet but I am certain they are very nice after seeing the sales presentations all over the United States and Europe, Mexico and Korea.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (195) / No (108) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Coca-Cola?

What do you like best about working at Coca-Cola? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

I would like to know the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements at Coca-Cola. Please enlighten me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (433) / No (100) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Yes, it gave me a starting point for a conversation about pay and benefits etc. Since I haven't worked at Coca-Cola in the past I cannot give an answer to the other part of your comment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (46) Reply - Report abuse

MATTHEW in Memphis, Tennessee

87 months ago

Edie Noyes in Kingwood, Texas said: I am interested in getting a job at Coca-Cola because I would like to have a chance to use my training in Human Resources. I have enjoyed drinking Cocoa-Cola products all my life. I don't know of the perks and special treats employees receive yet but I am certain they are very nice after seeing the sales presentations all over the United States and Europe, Mexico and Korea.

I WORKED THERE YOU "DO NOT WANT TO WORK THERE" RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! I AM NOT JOKING!!!!IF YOU WANT TO MAKE CRAP MONEY,GET TREATED LIKE A DOG,DISRESPECTED,WELL THEN GO WORK THERE. WANT TO KNOW MORE LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (158) / No (75) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Coca-Cola?

NOTHING!! THERE A COMPANY RIDING ON A NAME. THEY HAVE ONE OF THE BIGGEST TURN OVER RATES OF ANY COMPANY IN AMERICA!!THERE PAY IS HORRIBLE,NO PERKS UNLESS YOU CONSIDER GETTING TREATED LIKE A MERE PEASANT IN THE COCA-COLA KINGDOM.I MEET A LOT OF GOOD FRIENDS THERE.NONE ARE THERE NOW.I WAS A DRIVER, BUT I TALKED WITH A LOT OF OTHERS.THE ONLY THING I GOT FROM THEM WAS DRIVING EXPERIENCE!!THEY DID A LOT OF DIRTY THING TO PEOPLE THAT DIDN'T DESERVE IT..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (68) / No (49) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Edie Noyes in Kingwood, Texas said: I would like to know the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements at Coca-Cola. Please enlighten me.

I WAS A DRIVER THERE. THERE IS NO PAY. YOU WILL NEVER MAKE A GOOD CAREER THERE.EVEN IF YOU LIKE IT AT FIRST(LIKE ME),GIVE IT TIME.YOU WILL ALWAYS FEAR FOR YOUR JOB.IF YOU CAN BE BLAMED TO SAVE SOMEONE ELSE'S JOB,WELL HAVE A NICE JOB WE WILL HAVE TO LET "YOU"GO.BENEFITS, BE HAPPY YOUR WORKING!!!RUN AWAY THERE ARE TO MANY OTHER JOBS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (42) Reply - Report abuse

slybadboy in Chicago, Illinois

85 months ago

MATTHEW in Memphis, Tennessee said: I WORKED THERE YOU "DO NOT WANT TO WORK THERE" RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! I AM NOT JOKING!!!!IF YOU WANT TO MAKE CRAP MONEY,GET TREATED LIKE A DOG,DISRESPECTED,WELL THEN GO WORK THERE. WANT TO KNOW MORE LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how much an hour does a employee make to mix the ingredient to make coke

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Steven in Detroit, Michigan

85 months ago

MATTHEW in Memphis, Tennessee said: NOTHING!! THERE A COMPANY RIDING ON A NAME. THEY HAVE ONE OF THE BIGGEST TURN OVER RATES OF ANY COMPANY IN AMERICA!!THERE PAY IS HORRIBLE,NO PERKS UNLESS YOU CONSIDER GETTING TREATED LIKE A MERE PEASANT IN THE COCA-COLA KINGDOM.I MEET A LOT OF GOOD FRIENDS THERE.NONE ARE THERE NOW.I WAS A DRIVER, BUT I TALKED WITH A LOT OF OTHERS.THE ONLY THING I GOT FROM THEM WAS DRIVING EXPERIENCE!!THEY DID A LOT OF DIRTY THING TO PEOPLE THAT DIDN'T DESERVE IT..

They sound an awful lot like Fedex. I'm afraid alot of companys are the same anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

motox851 in Charleston, West Virginia

84 months ago

I am a route man for Coke. To begin with, it's union. If your one of those who whine and complain about every little detail then yeah you're going to get crapped on every time the chance arises. Don't get me wrong, I love being in the union because they are there for me. You will hear the loudest opinions from those who hide behind the union. If you go to work, do your job as required and go home, then it's not bad. I make over 50k a year. I work appx. 60-70 hours/week in the summer and 40-50 hours the rest of the year. It's a hard job, physically and mentally, but if I wanted an easy life maybe I would actually take advantage of my IT degree. I enjoy the hard work, it keeps me in shape. If you work in the warehouse, atleast at my location you are looking at making between 35 and 40k a year to start. The lowest paid full time employee at our branch makes around 35k a year. He only works 40 hours a week at most. Usually about 30 to 35 hours. He's the only hourly driver we have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (98) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

Okanosha in Lexington, Kentucky

81 months ago

I have been a Driver for ten years at Coca Cola.Very physical labor and you are working with the public everyday (some good ,some bad).Any and all weather ,you are out there.I have had 3 hernia surgeries , knee problems , and back problems.You would think I would do better for myself.What can I say, I have to work hard for my family.I make approx.40-45k a year.Thats about 50 hrs average weekly.I don't know how that compares out there.It seems there are always changes coming but never gets better.Its not about the Driver, its about the numbers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

LuLu2 in Huntington Beach, California

80 months ago

You would think wow... Coca-Cola what a great company with a strong reputation. WRONG. I don't know how they stay in business. The will lie to you about pay, bonus, company car, everything. There is a serisous lack of communication at all levels and upper management just looks the other way. It is very sad. I would strongly recommend that you do NOT seek employment with this company. I did and I wasted my time and was taken.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

cowboy0812 in Palm Desert, California

78 months ago

what is so bad about coke

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

Opinions Count in Dallas, Texas

78 months ago

The COCA COLA, Fort Worth location IS NOT UNION and trust me you know it.
Big turn over, management extremely lacking. They do not appreciate the employees who keep that plant going.
Anyone repeat ANYONE who no longer works there really has nothing good to say about them and most of the ones that still work there are always talking about the working conditions. THEY STINK!
Here's a link for anyone that might be considering helping your plant go union www.ufcw.org/about_ufcw/organizing_101/rights.cfm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

motox851 in Charleston, West Virginia said: I am a route man for Coke. To begin with, it's union. If your one of those who whine and complain about every little detail then yeah you're going to get crapped on every time the chance arises. Don't get me wrong, I love being in the union because they are there for me. You will hear the loudest opinions from those who hide behind the union. If you go to work, do your job as required and go home, then it's not bad. I make over 50k a year. I work appx. 60-70 hours/week in the summer and 40-50 hours the rest of the year. It's a hard job, physically and mentally, but if I wanted an easy life maybe I would actually take advantage of my IT degree. I enjoy the hard work, it keeps me in shape. If you work in the warehouse, atleast at my location you are looking at making between 35 and 40k a year to start. The lowest paid full time employee at our branch makes around 35k a year. He only works 40 hours a week at most. Usually about 30 to 35 hours. He's the only hourly driver we have.

NOT ALL PLANTS ARE UNION

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

So do you now work for Coca Cola, and if so, how do you like it and in what position of employment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

ftanightwizard in Buffalo, New York

75 months ago

i worked for coca cola up untill last month. All i have to say is that this job was one of the worst jobs i ever had. The pay was crap, union rep hasnt even spoke to the new group of guys in over 2 months so far, the hours are awfull, if you have a family you might as well start saving for a divorce laywer now as you will hardly ever see them.
I was working in the warehouse making $11 bucks and hour working 60-75 hours a week, but considering being put in higher tax bracket cause we get paid every 2 weeks and the amount of overtime, were seeing amounts of 300-400 bucks in taxes on top of paying $116 a pay period for medical. they dont contribute anything to the 401k, dental is not available for the first year then its employee paid, we have 1 union rep and he's on day shift so we dont see him at all. now i understand why they have a big turnover rate and have to use a temp company to fill in, when i left we had 7 temps and 4 full time guys, they cant keep anyone.... i left and at that time 4 more are out looking for new jobs and 1 had an interview right before then... this company needs a whole new managment that knows how to run a company why this company hasnt fell to the ground yet beats me.... word of advice is stay away from this company if you want to have any kinda of a life.... Family is number 1 and kids grow up to fast to only see them 3 hours a day including saturdays and sometimes sundays.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (63) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

hiddengems in Acworth, Georgia

58 months ago

It appears that many of the comments are about orking for the bottler and not for The Coca-Cola Company. There are multiple companys. If you are reading about drivers and warehouse workers then, most likely they work for one of the bottlers and not the Coca-Cola Company. Some bottlers are privately owned, some are publically traded, but they are different companies with differnt policies, practices, and pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

speak_the_truth in Avondale Estates, Georgia

48 months ago

For actual benefits for The Coca-Cola Company (KO) visit this page:

www.thecoca-colacompany.com/careers/employee_benefits.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Crazy man in Cicero, Illinois

38 months ago

slybadboy in Chicago, Illinois said: how much an hour does a employee make to mix the ingredient to make coke

Im with you.... I just got injured last week and all the supervisors are mad .
I just told them to keep making people feel bad with no training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Crazy man in Cicero, Illinois

38 months ago

No training, pushing people to do 100% or give you a verbal warning
Or give you points. After 13 points your terminated Stupid supervisors

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

wondering in Jonesboro, Georgia

34 months ago

If I had an arrest record 20 years ago, should I waste my time by applying. How far back is the background check?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

THE TRUTH in Atlanta, Georgia

32 months ago

I currently woke for coca cola and it's the worst freakin job EVER!! ALL THE BAD COMMENTS THAT HAVE REPLIED TO YOUR QUESTIONS ARE TRUE!! IT SUCKS!! ALL OF THE MANAGEMENT ARE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS! THEY HAVE MEETINGS AND ALWAYS TALK ABOUT HOW THEY LOVE TO PROMOTE WITH-IN THE COMPANY.... HELL NO THEY DON'T! THEY ALWAYS HIRE FROM OUTSIDE THE COMPANY! AND IF THEY DO HAPPEN TO HIRE WITH-IN, THEY HIRE IDIOTS ALSO THAT DON'T WORK AT ALL. I'VE BEEN AT COKE FOR 9 YEARS. GOTTEN EMPLOYEE FOR THE MONTH A COUPLE OF TIMES AND HAVE THE EXPERIENCE TO DO ANYTHING THERE. AND STILL THEY ALWAYS HIRE THERE FRIENDS, RELETIVES, COUSINS, BROTHER IN LAWS YOU NAME IT. TRUST EVERYONE THAT HATES IT! THEY PAY IS HORRIBLE FOR WHAT THEY ASK OF YOU ALSO. IM ACTUALLY GONNA PUT MY 2 WEEKS IN AND GO WITH PEPSI. I'VE SEEN PEOPLE COME AND GO AND ARE NOW MAKING FOR MONEY AND HAVE BETTER HOURS AND ACTUALLY GET THE RESPECT FROM PEPSI. COKE IS A HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

hi44 in Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania

28 months ago

I work as a driver merchandiser at coca cola in northeast pa and I make 55,000 a year. I have a class a cdl and I'm home every night, off Sunday and mondays. It isn't an easy job but as long as you're not a wimp and cry about a little physical labor its a good job. Good benefits, 3 weeks vacation a year. Somedays I make $210 in 6 hours. Somedays i make more but work an 11 hour day. I like it here and the pay is pretty much performance based. You get a flat rate for the day which is $72 to start plus .22 cents per case(average about 450 a day) bag in the box is .56 cents per and .27 for the smaller ones. $15 dollars anytime you deliver a pallet which is as easy as it gets. $18/hr for bulk deliveries which is restaurant deliveries. It all adds up. Good money, nice trucks, and home every night and off two days a week. I'm happy here. If you're one of those people who btch and moan about everything, you will hate every job you work. I go in to work, do what needs to be done and go home

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Hall in Fayetteville, North Carolina

28 months ago

Well I go for an interview in the morning and I hope things are better here in NC than the other places I am reading about. I really do not prefer unions because I like to do my job and go home. I installed AC in Iraq and Afganistan, worked 12 hours, 7 days per week. Never had a day off and almost got killed everyday I went to work. I slept in a tent with 7 other co-workers and the base flooded every other week. So it can't get much worse than that..so when you think you got it bad,just read this post...lol..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

zuckerino in Haines City, Florida

24 months ago

I work for to many years for the Coke. The overtime pay or bonuses is from 7-9 $ an hour as mor overtime i made they pay me close to 7 $ / hr i mean 15- 19 hr/ week iget bonuses that money. and the managers do not care and they make 2x more money than us that Coke hired them to help.

When i started it was easy route and day, like 8-10 hr pr day now after i got experienced i m working in a hostile enviroment of 13 hr almost every day, i hate the bonusses pay. i wan t recomand any to start working for Coke the managers, 80% of them, are just a lie, where i work.

They give us to much weight actually ma after 8-10 hr i m tired and after 13 hr i m dead.

I do not have to get direction only from my manager but from all of them my manager told me
no matter if i get 13 hr or more.

Coke `s motto is playing to win mean that i m a ............... and i never after 13 hr i find my right s.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

THE TRUTH in Atlanta, Georgia said: I currently woke for coca cola and it's the worst freakin job EVER!! ALL THE BAD COMMENTS THAT HAVE REPLIED TO YOUR QUESTIONS ARE TRUE!! IT SUCKS!! ALL OF THE MANAGEMENT ARE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS! THEY HAVE MEETINGS AND ALWAYS TALK ABOUT HOW THEY LOVE TO PROMOTE WITH-IN THE COMPANY.... HELL NO THEY DON'T! THEY ALWAYS HIRE FROM OUTSIDE THE COMPANY! AND IF THEY DO HAPPEN TO HIRE WITH-IN, THEY HIRE IDIOTS ALSO THAT DON'T WORK AT ALL. I'VE BEEN AT COKE FOR 9 YEARS. GOTTEN EMPLOYEE FOR THE MONTH A COUPLE OF TIMES AND HAVE THE EXPERIENCE TO DO ANYTHING THERE. AND STILL THEY ALWAYS HIRE THERE FRIENDS, RELETIVES, COUSINS, BROTHER IN LAWS YOU NAME IT. TRUST EVERYONE THAT HATES IT! THEY PAY IS HORRIBLE FOR WHAT THEY ASK OF YOU ALSO. IM ACTUALLY GONNA PUT MY 2 WEEKS IN AND GO WITH PEPSI. I'VE SEEN PEOPLE COME AND GO AND ARE NOW MAKING FOR MONEY AND HAVE BETTER HOURS AND ACTUALLY GET THE RESPECT FROM PEPSI. COKE IS A HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!

Thats like in my location in Florida too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

THE TRUTH in Atlanta, Georgia said: I currently woke for coca cola and it's the worst freakin job EVER!! ALL THE BAD COMMENTS THAT HAVE REPLIED TO YOUR QUESTIONS ARE TRUE!! IT SUCKS!! ALL OF THE MANAGEMENT ARE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS! THEY HAVE MEETINGS AND ALWAYS TALK ABOUT HOW THEY LOVE TO PROMOTE WITH-IN THE COMPANY.... HELL NO THEY DON'T! THEY ALWAYS HIRE FROM OUTSIDE THE COMPANY! AND IF THEY DO HAPPEN TO HIRE WITH-IN, THEY HIRE IDIOTS ALSO THAT DON'T WORK AT ALL. I'VE BEEN AT COKE FOR 9 YEARS. GOTTEN EMPLOYEE FOR THE MONTH A COUPLE OF TIMES AND HAVE THE EXPERIENCE TO DO ANYTHING THERE. AND STILL THEY ALWAYS HIRE THERE FRIENDS, RELETIVES, COUSINS, BROTHER IN LAWS YOU NAME IT. TRUST EVERYONE THAT HATES IT! THEY PAY IS HORRIBLE FOR WHAT THEY ASK OF YOU ALSO. IM ACTUALLY GONNA PUT MY 2 WEEKS IN AND GO WITH PEPSI. I'VE SEEN PEOPLE COME AND GO AND ARE NOW MAKING FOR MONEY AND HAVE BETTER HOURS AND ACTUALLY GET THE RESPECT FROM PEPSI. COKE IS A HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

wondering in Madison, Georgia

24 months ago

Will Coca Cola Refreshments pay for you to go to a cdl school or only train you in a class they give.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

zuckerino in Seminole, Florida

24 months ago

Yes it looks for free their training but when you start the work for Coke they gonna pay you for the 1st 8 hr with 140.00 $and the overtime that they name it bonus with 7-9$ an hr. the overtime is til 19:45 hrs/week x 7$= small money for 19 hrs of overtime. while they made 42 billion a year ( you cant say no till you brake your legs, because you are not their cousin. anyway)
somthing out at coke is that in every location the managers are different. And their motto is <<playing to win>> for the managers you are like ....<< drink a bottle and throw it in the garbadge>>.
For me you do not waste your time with Coke because a cashier`s overtime at the gas station is paid 14 $ an hr much better than Coke.

Anyway good luck in your life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

fleezy44 in Grantville, Pennsylvania

22 months ago

I am a non union ofs driver for coca cola. I am paid by commission off of what I deliver. In the summer I bring home about $800 a week after taxes. Sometimes more and some weeks a little less. Good benefits, pension, 401k, and 4 weeks vaction a year. You need a class a cdl. I enjoy because I'm done everyday by 3pm. I get to use my cdl and not have to drive all over and stay in shape. The area I work out is great. My supervisor is awesome and all the other drivers have become my good friends. The job just like any other depends on the area and who you work around

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Reid in Southern Pines, North Carolina

20 months ago

hiddengems in Acworth, Georgia said: It appears that many of the comments are about orking for the bottler and not for The Coca-Cola Company. There are multiple companys. If you are reading about drivers and warehouse workers then, most likely they work for one of the bottlers and not the Coca-Cola Company. Some bottlers are privately owned, some are publically traded, but they are different companies with differnt policies, practices, and pay.

I have to agree with you, most of the bottlers are separate enitities, and have nothing to do with the company Coca Cola other than the use of the company logo. My son was recently hired by Coca Cola with a starting salary of 80k a year, he has great benefits and other perks. The company itself is a great placeto work, especially if you live in Atlanta.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Marissa Barron in San Jose, California

17 months ago

I merchandise f/t for coke in Iowa, I have to say so far it's a great job. They've been very accommodating with me going to school full time and having a second job. I have insurance and dental and they contribute to my 401k. It's hard work but if you aren't a lazy p.o.s. it's not that bad. I make 11 an hour which isn't bad for someone with a H/S diploma. People that complain are people that don't have a good work ethic

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

squirrelonfire in Atlanta, Georgia

14 months ago

There are unique benefits at coca cola that you rarely find at anywhere else in the world.
- sick time is unlimited
- onsite doctor (a real doctor who can prescribe pills and referrals)
- free electric car charging
- free car pooling to work (the car is run by coca cola)
- the corporate office has its own bank inside
-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Coke merchandiser in Pikeville, Kentucky

10 months ago

I currently work for coca cola I find these comments on here hard to believe about coke being a bad job I think it's bc I don't work for an independent bottler Im a merchandiser that works for the Lexington plant I am thinking of becoming a driver from my understanding they get the same awsome benefits I do I was just wondering if any one knows about how much I would expect to clear a check as a driver?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

wife of Driver in Hampstead, North Carolina

10 months ago

If you are being paid hourly dont expect to become a driver and make a ton more money. For a 40-50 hr work week the salary is fair. When you have a 60 plus hour work week and your normal salary is then divided into hourly and your overtime is half of that hourly rate..not so good. Your overtime is about 5 bucks an hour..your hourly pay of 21 plus an hour gets reduced to less than training pay..not good at all. My suggestion is that you understand thoroughly what your pay will be and how it will be calculated. Personally my husband is going to be forced to take his vacation days just so we can avoid overtime and get a decent check before the holidays.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ramosde86 in DOVER, Delaware

2 months ago

Does anybody know how much does a Planner I start making? I'm currently transitioning out of the military; I recently applied to those positions in various locations and I just wanted to get a sense of the starting salary for those positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.