How to get a job at Coca-Cola.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 123)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Coca-Cola? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

markquitt mcroy in Tampa, Florida

89 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Coca-Cola? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?
i found the job at myflorida.com no i dont work with coca-cola but i will like to i have not had a interview but i will like to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (51) Reply - Report abuse

mr. john williams in Millis, Massachusetts

89 months ago

i applied for a position on-line

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

mr. john williams in Millis, Massachusetts

89 months ago

mr. john williams said: i applied for a position on-line i live in lynn mass. not millis

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

Terry Haynes in Hutsonville, Illinois

89 months ago

I would like to work in the warehouse at coke. How do I put an application in for this position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (97) / No (34) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

89 months ago

This is a forum for people to discuss jobs, industries, companies and such. I would recommend doing a job search for Coca-Cola position on www.indeed.com.

Simply click on a job that looks interesting to you and you'll be directed to the website the job is originally posted on with directions on how to apply.

Here is one I did for you.

www.indeed.com/jobs?q=coca-cola&l=Hutsonville+IL
Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

nhadly

89 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Coca-Cola? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I am not sure either. I agree with you. I sent my resume several times and never heard back. I believe my qualifications should match up with what they are looking for. I have over 10 years of experience in sales/merchandising and most of which is in the C-Store.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Dave in Dubuque, Iowa

88 months ago

Have you contacted the local Manpower office? They may be able to help you get your foot in the door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

curtis in Indianapolis, Indiana

88 months ago

I would love to at a place that would to have me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

John Edwards in Hudson, New Hampshire

88 months ago

Hi, I've worked at Coca-Cola in Needham, MA. It's hard getting an interview because their HR department has in the past been a revolving door for people in HR. The environment is union, if your applying for any management job the job can be at times stressful, especially if upper management policy doesn't support you. The union hourlies love to complain about anything and everything. Hourlies stick together even if doesnt involve them. Many are trouble makers and constantly crying to their union steward. If your an hourly trying to get a job, it's pretty hard as many people want to get into a union environment, however, the pay scale has changed for new hires, and it takes years to get at 100% of the pay scale.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Tom Stewart in Hamburg, New York

88 months ago

Good Luck. They don;t reply to internet applications, they have ignored my 25plus years of experience in their industry,probably because of my age , which is easy to determine when you ask on the online application when I started and graduated from college.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Tat in Ottawa, Illinois

88 months ago

I've applied online oh full time loader job at Coca Cola.....in about a week or so had a phone screening and 2 days later an interview. It's been a week so far and they still didn't contact me...so I'm still waiting ...waiting...and applying for different jobs while I'm waiting

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

L in Knoxville,TN in Knoxville, Tennessee

88 months ago

I applied for the key account development manager position. I had a connection that helped me get in touch with an HR individual via email. The HR lady emailed me stating the job is being offered in-house first due to restructuring and if no one internal meets the qualifications, they will then look at outside applications. My question is, why would they post the job on so many different job boards if they were looking internally first? Wouldn't you post the job on job boards after you found out no one internally fit the criteria for the position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Carolyn Haynes in Atlanta, Georgia

88 months ago

I truly, truly agree. Why post it if you are going to offer the position internally.
Good for the present employees, but misleading to the outside applicants. BAD HR tactic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Thulin in Baku, Azerbaijan

88 months ago

Hi. I would like to ask from you for some advice regardless one interview question. How would you answer to the following question:
what are the challenges in working for a private company and focusing to corporate social responsibility activities

Any idea would be very mnuch apreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

me in Chester-le-Street, United Kingdom

88 months ago

what qualifications do you need?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Didn't get it in Chicago, Illinois

87 months ago

Hey I applied at cokecce.com, and I did get an interview but didn't get the job. You can see all of the positions open, and apply to any one. It took me a year to get an interview, and when I did I knew I wasn't going to get the job.When we first started the interview the hiring manager looked uninterested in me. Maybe it was because I was younger than an average emplpoyee and a female, but I did have the experience for the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joshua McKinnon in Saint Petersburg, Florida

87 months ago

I would love to work at cocacola on being a oder builder.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Araceli Ortiz in Orange, California

87 months ago

I love Coca cola. I workt at a Food 4 Less for 2 years and I used to admire the guys that brought in the coca cola merchandais. I'ved allwais been wanting to work for the cocacola industry. If there is any openings would you please wive me a call back at
[Edited by Host] Contact info deleted

Please do not post Contact info in the forums.
If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Saint Charles, Missouri

87 months ago

I don't think Coca-Cola is hiring. I think they just like to run help wanted ads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Lance in Kennesaw, Georgia

87 months ago

I too have applied several times for HR positions that I am overq for and never heard back - but then notice that the same job(s) posted about 2-3 months later - do they have a high turnover, and if so, why? Is is that bad of a company? I ralize that those in HR may be concerned for their own positions b/c of my ext quals, but that is no reason to call - who knows, maybe I would accept a decent offer - they wont know until they try.Lance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

big john in Valrico, Florida

87 months ago

don't do it! i have worked at coke for 10 yrs and raises are small. also your just a number you mean nothing to this company. worked to death and no rewards!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Kurtzke - aka JK in Des Plaines, Illinois

87 months ago

Sometimes a company will post ads on the job boards concurrent with internal postings in order to get the broadest pool to select from. Sometimes they will make the dual post in order to upgrade the current workforce. Sometimes they will make the dual post because of contractual requirements, (i.e. Union Agreement). Sometimes they know they do not want an internal candidate but need to post both ways in order to be seen as non-discriminatory. Bottom line is that there are many, many reasons for a dual post. If this is the company you want to work for then find ways to get your information in front of the hiring managers - contact someone inside the company to find a contact for example. Also try to contact someone in a department that interfaces with the department you want to work in and maybe develop a mentor or coach that way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jack in Wheaton, Illinois

87 months ago

I have applied numerous times for over a year without any response. I have plenty of experience in the field, and don't understand why they advertise job openenings, but never call anyone back. If the hiring process in the HR for them is this messed up, it must reflect on how crappy the rest of the company is to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jerry Jenkins in Cordova, Tennessee

87 months ago

nhadly said: I am not sure either. I agree with you. I sent my resume several times and never heard back. I believe my qualifications should match up with what they are looking for. I have over 10 years of experience in sales/merchandising and most of which is in the C-Store.

I have put in applications electronically for both coke and pepsi and with 22 years exp. in the beer packaging industry. I met every qualification they required yet have never been contacted even though the jobs have been on line more than once. I contacted coke and they would not respond to my question if they even received my on-line resume. They were quite rude!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

gatira in Lake Panasoffkee, Florida

86 months ago

Thanks for your comments-I applied online but will not have my hopes high for this job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

GWH in Stockton, California

86 months ago

I don't work for coke but my buddy just got a job there as a merchandiser and he has to work 10 hour days and started at $11 and change. He had to join the union and after 90 days he'll be making $13 and change. He seems to like it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cce in Spring Hill, Florida

86 months ago

i have worked for CCE for 6 years now. I hate to say it but is not the wonderful company that all of you think. It is corporate micro managed bull! Underpaid, small raises, no perks...yes I buy all my soda at the store just like the rest of you. Don't plan on moving up in the company unless you are a minority that "knows the right people." Also, for all of you that are wondering about their interviews. They are use all targeted selection interview process. Well good luck everyone, but I suggest that you look elsewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jake_EE in Elyria, Ohio

86 months ago

cce in Spring Hill,

If promotions are based solely on race, then you have a legitimate reason to report this violation of equal employment opportunities.

You can find your local Equal Employment Opportunity Commission office from their web site: www.eeoc.gov

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Hewitt, Texas

85 months ago

My husband worked for Coke through a temp service called Spherion. This was two years ago but after working for them this way for about 3 months we applied for a permanent job and actually got a call back for an interview. He turned it down because he decided to finish school to get his bachelors. Now he has his bachelors and has returned to work with them through this temp service. He has applied to four positions and talked to his supervisors but with no luck. They only telling him that after 6 months of hard work he should have a chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Erik Mendoza in Chicago, Illinois

85 months ago

I will like to work for the company of Coca-Cola INC. How can i get an application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Norton in Leander, Texas

85 months ago

Here are a couple of handy tips for those of you that want to go to work for any company in particular...
1.Have a degree in hand, and use it to your advantage. A high school diploma is just about useless anymore. Stick with that crappy job and get an education!!!!
2.Have your resume professionaly prepared. This will eliminate all grammatical and spelling errors that you or your freinds/family may miss. Don't forget to include hobbies, extra carricular activities, sports teams (league bowling etc...) and volunteer work experiences.
3.Keep applying to the positions listed. Search through the job boards on the internet, local job banks and the company's internal job boards.
4.Apply for those positions that you are only 75% qualified for or better...you don't have to be 100% qualified to get the job.
Remember that most postings on the internet are there to fulfill the EEOC guidelines, and most employers are filling positions from within. They are covering their asses!!!
5.Go to a job placement service (not a temp service) if you are really, really serious about your choice of employers. It will cost you a pile of dough, but you will get the job you deserve in the industry you want.
GOOD LUCK!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Norton in Leander, Texas

85 months ago

Erik Mendoza in Chicago, Illinois said: I will like to work for the company of Coca-Cola INC. How can i get an application.

Go to the coca-cola website and click on careers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rmww117

85 months ago

Was/am VERY disappointed, maybe even a little hurt about the treatment recieved from the local Coca-Cola Distributor.

Applied online on Memorial Day through their web-site about 3 local sales positions. Was contacted and interviewed by their HR Manager from Chicago for over two hours about the position, my qualificatinons, experience (10 years in consumer related goods and 20 years total sales experience)

Was told I was an excellent candidiate and my name was submitted to local GSM. NEVER HEARD FROM HIM OR his Local SM at all. So after one month, I mailed him another copy of my resume and references and one week later, phoned and left him a polite message, not wanting to be bothersome, but could we get the courtesy and respect of a phone call back, just to let me know what was going on or if any decision has been made. NEVER HEARD from him still almost two months later.

I know I'm "whining", but due to my old company being bought-sold by a investment group, our company (which had been the best job ever before these money grubby, greedy, incompetent,short-sighted a******s with no long term plans for company profit or stability took over) I have been unemployed for over 6 months and it is just a awful, horrible and empty feeling.

Is it TOO much to ask for a reply back to someone who just wants to make a decent living to support his family? It sounds really mean on my part, but I envy anyone who has a decent, well paying and good benefits type of job. If the GSM from our local Coca-Cola distributor reads this or any one in management does, please feel free to ponder the thought of you losing your job and the disrespetful lack of courtesy and decency that you would feel, if you were treated this way.

To Coca-Cola and ALL employers...TREAT EVERYONE LIKE YOU WOULD WANT TO BE TREATED. You never know who or where you might be kicked in the ass!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kibbi67 in Houston,Tx

85 months ago

Being unemployed is awful. I have been unemployed for three years. My IRA is depleted as well as my 401K. I have a bachelor's degree in business and commerce with twenty years of litigation secretary and could not believe in my dreams that there are no jobs, especially with the temp agencies. They lie and eat you up and spit you out. I was working with Allstate until Allstate offer a voluntary termination. I figure that the gress is always greener on the other side. Apparently, that was not the case. I made a mistake. Never again. Now, I am paying the price. DO NOT BELIEVE THE AGENCIES. I go directly to the companies the interview went well and I never heard from them again. Rule is "don't call us we'll call you".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Mount Prospect, Illinois

85 months ago

my husband had worked for coke cola for 9 years started part-time when he was 16 then fuul time after school and was a wharehouse worker then went to a checker then to a supivisior. From their to b a driver....soo yeha coke cola use to b fun to work for ans had great benifits but went down hill from there the pay is horriableeee for the job you have to do and ENDLESS hours..........but now u have to apply online and i can tell you the hr dept got a lot SMALLER and it takes 2-3 mths to even get hiried because of all the detailed background check drug screen and EXTENSIVE job verification.....SOO GOOD LUCK.....it may take FOREVER....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

katykat

85 months ago

L in Knoxville,TN in Knoxville, Tennessee said: I applied for the key account development manager position. I had a connection that helped me get in touch with an HR individual via email. The HR lady emailed me stating the job is being offered in-house first due to restructuring and if no one internal meets the qualifications, they will then look at outside applications. My question is, why would they post the job on so many different job boards if they were looking internally first? Wouldn't you post the job on job boards after you found out no one internally fit the criteria for the position?

Having been a union worker for 30 years, I have a bit of scoop from the inside. I have not worked at Coca Cola, but I am a member of UAW. The reason for the postings is that it's policy to post all openings. It's very unlikely Coca Cola will hire from the outside. However, it's not impossible, but I do believe there are regulations that a company must follow in order to stay within the Equal opportunity laws. The best way to get your foot in the door at a union shop is to "Know" someone who would be willing to help you get in. Sadly it's all about who you know. Good luck anyway. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones to break through.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jitsulady2

85 months ago

My husband worked for coca cola combined over 20yrs. This cola business is not a the great picture everyone makes it out to be. All corporate! Corporate looks out for itself. EMPLOYEES come last!! He worked in Texas all his life, first in the Pepsi business then Coke,from the bottom to facility mgr. Transfered to PA and became distribution supervisor. The 2 facility mgrs he has had were worthless, They listen too much to what others say and did not use their own judgement! Hard work long hours and good work eithcis get you no where, except ousted from your postion when cut backs on mangement and given to someone who has no work eithics. No postion was cut, his postion is opened back up, bottom line the mgr didnt care for him, because he didnt kiss his butt and he had work eithics. NOW he has a wonderful job ,less stress, more money, and a great company to work for!!! Think twice before working for COKE..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ME in Indianapolis, Indiana

85 months ago

My husband works at Coke, he's been there five years. The way to get on is either thru a temp service as my husband did. Or if you do put a resume online, most likely you'll need to know someone who works there because they can tell the person in the office that they referred a certain person and they will pull their resume off the internet. This is what he had to do when he referred someone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Fort Myers, Florida

84 months ago

I moved to Florida and applied online. I thought if I could get in with Coke, I would be set for life. Boy was I wrong. I worked for them for over a year. The pay was terrible for the work you did. It was daily pay so you got paid the same if you worked 8 hours or 18 hours and believe me, there wasn't many 8 hour days. Plus the twenty dollar a week raise they thought was so wonderful (3%) was a complete JOKE!! I can't count the number of times I was told it was going to get better. Even after I left the head of the transportation department called me to leave a message how they wanted me back and things were getting better. I returned his call, but never got a reply. Their turnover rate is unbelieveable. You never got to close wtih anyone because next week, they would be gone. New faces all the time. Most of them to get their CDL's because it was cheaper to pay Coke their betterment fee if they left before a year, than to pay a driving school. It's a joke of a company in my opinion. STAY AWAY!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Name Withheld in Indianapolis, Indiana

84 months ago

Coca-Cola seems to get away with a screening tactic that easily identifies the "range" of an applicants age. They ask on their website when you attended/graduated from college. This is an attempt to weed out experienced applicants who may command higher salaries while avoiding age discrimination complaints. HR departments in other companies do the same thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

yvonne in Brampton, Ontario

84 months ago

I would like to work in the warehouse at coke. How do I put an application in for this position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Brooke Carney in Prior Lake, Minnesota

83 months ago

I went directly to their website to apply. Within 3 days HR called me back to set up an over the phone interview. Must of submitted my resume at a key time according to the feedback everyone else is giving. My advice is maybe find a second set of eyes to review your cover letter and resume (?)...other than that, don't be afraid to call and ask about the status of the hiring process and position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Recipie in Staten Island, New York

83 months ago

Sometimes an internal person (who didn't know about the position - it happens in large companis) reads about the opening in a job posting and applies internally. That's when a company will give the employee first preference over an applicant.

Abby in Davenport, Iowa

83 months ago

Terry Haynes in Hutsonville, Illinois said: I would like to work in the warehouse at coke. How do I put an application in for this position?

Go to their website. It's pretty easy to find it. The only bad part about working in the warehouse are the hours.. expect to get a LOT of overtime.. which can be good and bad I suppose.

Angela Tuft in Macon, Georgia

83 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Coca-Cola?How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I am interest in working for you. I am a hard worker and a quick learner.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

red spider in Ontario, California

83 months ago

I have a friend who is an account manager within coke. Im wondering if this will help my chance of getting in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

atown in San Antonio, Texas

81 months ago

i would like to work in your warehouse im a hard worker fast learner and good person to work with

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

fawaa in Harlow, United Kingdom

81 months ago

fawaa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mesha83 in Atlanta, Georgia

74 months ago

The best way to work for The Coca-Cola Company or even Coca-Cola Enterprises is to go through your local temp agency. If you are in the Atlanta area, I can provide the temp contact info to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.