What's the company culture at Coca-Cola?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Coca-Cola?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Coca-Cola?

Reply - Report abuse

Valerie B. in Morrow, GA in Atlanta, Georgia

87 months ago

If you work there, why don't you tell us?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

my past expereince in Bloomville, Ohio

86 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Coca-Cola?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Coca-Cola?

Office people are dress clothes attire,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

my past expereince in Bloomville, Ohio

86 months ago

In Indiana i have worked at 2 coke sites and both were shirt and tie and no friendly get-togthers, but good frenge benifets, like a car, gas, promo shirts, cell phone, etc...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dee in Atlanta, Georgia

86 months ago

Valerie B. in Morrow, GA in Atlanta, Georgia said: If you work there, why don't you tell us?

I worked for this company for more than 20 years. They were a very good company when I started there. However, over the years, the management has definitely changed. They are now a very lousy employer. Many of the folks I knew either got kicked out or quit after I left. Not a good place anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

My experience in Woonsocket, Rhode Island

86 months ago

I worked for coke in Providence and they are terrible. Worked there for 5 years and in the beginning they were a good company but the management changed and there terrible. They are not a union in Prov so its pretty much buddy buddy and kiss butt people. They fired me for no reason. I didn't get along with my supervisor so he found every way to get rid of me and did. That place needs a Union bad. They came up with some lame explanation. COMPANY TERRIBLE!!!! They dont care about you they just care about them selves

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee in Waterloo, Iowa

86 months ago

My experience in Woonsocket, Rhode Island said: I worked for coke in Providence and they are terrible. Worked there for 5 years and in the beginning they were a good company but the management changed and there terrible. They are not a union in Prov so its pretty much buddy buddy and kiss butt people. They fired me for no reason. I didn't get along with my supervisor so he found every way to get rid of me and did. That place needs a Union bad. They came up with some lame explanation. COMPANY TERRIBLE!!!! They dont care about you they just care about them selves

I worked for Coke for about 7 years through college and then full-time in sales. I still have good friends there some in management. The problem is they are trying to go so lean on help they are burning people out. They don't fill positions after attrition and keep heaping responsibilities on those still there. I owe a lot to Coke and they helped me pay for a graduate degree so I won't bad mouth them (it was an outstanding, well-paying college job), however their business model needs some re-tooling and I don't know how to make it better. Retail is a brutal enviroment to sell in so its not all Coke's fault either. You deal with Wal-Mart all day and not want to pull your hair out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MATTHEW in Memphis, Tennessee

86 months ago

Valerie B. in Morrow, GA in Atlanta, Georgia said: If you work there, why don't you tell us?

I USE TO WORK THERE IN MEMPHIS OFF HOLLYWOOD.THEY ARE A SWEAT SHOP AND THERE PAY IS VERY LOW COMPARED TO THE WORK YOU DO. I WAS A DRIVER AND THEY WORKED YOU WITH NO HELP.BOTH RACES OF MANAGERS WERE RACIST.PLUS THEY WERE ALWAYS TRYING TO GET US TO WORK OVER ARE D.O.T HOURS(ILLEGAL).I'LL JUST SAY I WAS BURNT SO BAD I ALMOST NEVER DRINK COKE.I'LL BE HAPPY WHEN THAT PLACE SHUTS DOWN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

kisseepooh in 33511, Florida

84 months ago

I really enjoy working for Coca Cola. I have been with the company almost 2 years and I have successfully been promoted and moving on to my third promotion. I enjoy the people that I work with and I find myself working overtime not for just the money but because I enjoy the environment. I can wear casual clothing due to the fact I am not working in the field with customers. A little tip about interviewing, always answer the question completely. Situation, Action and Resolution. Coke looks for those that mingle well with others and that adapt to a constantly changing environment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

vljp07 in Mount Morris, Michigan

84 months ago

you all are complaining businesses like this will never shut down this is a multi-billion dollar business and even if you stop drinking coke products they have customers overseas..I am unemployed and I would love to work and make 30.00 a hour so quit belly aching or you all will lose your jobs to China because we as americans complain and whine too much!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Donald Caldwell in Conway, Arkansas

83 months ago

If I could get Coca Cola to hire me I would be overjoyed. Being an older job hunter is very challenging. I applied and got a full interview with Coke and I believe I met the jobs requirements and more. I've been working in companies with competitive cultures all my carrer. After scoping out the plant that I applied to I noticed the youth of the employees. Now I see why the job was not offered to me. This is an ongoing problem with anyone who is not preppy and youthful. What ever happened to companies that recognized people for thier abilties instead of their age.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

dsnee in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

Be thankful you were not hired by Coca-Cola. I worked for them for more than 23 years. After leaving, I found it was the best possible move I could have made -- I wish I had done it years ago. It was a good company when I began, but the politics and bureaucracy make it a horrible place now. The management is an absolute joke!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Art Vandalay in Warwick, Rhode Island

79 months ago

Donald Caldwell in Conway, Arkansas said: If I could get Coca Cola to hire me I would be overjoyed. Being an older job hunter is very challenging. I applied and got a full interview with Coke and I believe I met the jobs requirements and more. I've been working in companies with competitive cultures all my carrer. After scoping out the plant that I applied to I noticed the youth of the employees. Now I see why the job was not offered to me. This is an ongoing problem with anyone who is not preppy and youthful. What ever happened to companies that recognized people for thier abilties instead of their age.

What happened is to much experience costs money. Hiring a 20 something with 3 years experience is much cheaper than hiring a seasoned person with 20 years experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kisseepooh in 33511, Florida

79 months ago

The area I work at is mainly people 35 and up we have very few 20 year olds and because its more of a business casual environment there few preppy people. Management is dressed to impress. To be honest the scale is a little heavy here too. Don't give it, it can be hard to get in due to all of the major changes the company is going through.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CRB in Brussels, Belgium

76 months ago

I fully agree. I have worked many years internationally for Coke, and it is becoming always more and more a political slow and nasty mammoth.

I cannot really advise anybody to work there.

Look for something else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

jhallman in atlanta, Georgia

73 months ago

kisseepooh in 33511, Florida said: I really enjoy working for Coca Cola. I have been with the company almost 2 years and I have successfully been promoted and moving on to my third promotion. I enjoy the people that I work with and I find myself working overtime not for just the money but because I enjoy the environment. I can wear casual clothing due to the fact I am not working in the field with customers. A little tip about interviewing, always answer the question completely. Situation, Action and Resolution. Coke looks for those that mingle well with others and that adapt to a constantly changing environment.

What type of position do you hold? Do you know anything about the CSR positions at Coca-Cola Enterprises? I was glad to hear your positive feedback. Thank you for your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MSCILLAW in Tampa, Florida

49 months ago

kisseepooh in 33511, Florida said: I really enjoy working for Coca Cola . I have been with the company almost 2 years and I have successfully been promoted and moving on to my third promotion. I enjoy the people that I work with and I find myself working overtime not for just the money but because I enjoy the environment. I can wear casual clothing due to the fact I am not working in the field with customers. A little tip about interviewing, always answer the question completely. Situation, Action and Resolution. Coke looks for those that mingle well with others and that adapt to a constantly changing environment.

Kisseepooh -- Do you still work for Coca Cola? I received a call from them today regarding scheduling an interview. I'm nervous because I'm unsure what they offer in terms of compensation and what they're culture is like at the Brandon location.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rich in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

43 months ago

coca cola was once a wonderful company to work for. Worked for them in NYC for 26 years. The culture however changed when CCE acquired the NY system. Most of upper managment proved to be cold , callous and manipulating. Double standards existed between upper managment and street level managers who did ALL the nuts and bolts work. Upper managment cowtowed to the Unions. They were unabashedly PC and the worst postion you could be in was mine. White male, over 55 years old with 26 years experience. You were a dead man walking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

yaya in Newton Center, Massachusetts

37 months ago

kisseepooh in 33511, Florida said: I really enjoy working for Coca Cola. I have been with the company almost 2 years and I have successfully been promoted and moving on to my third promotion. I enjoy the people that I work with and I find myself working overtime not for just the money but because I enjoy the environment. I can wear casual clothing due to the fact I am not working in the field with customers. A little tip about interviewing, always answer the question completely. Situation, Action and Resolution. Coke looks for those that mingle well with others and that adapt to a constantly changing environment.

I have been applying for warehouse position at the needham, massachusetts location and have only receive one response - Any good tips for how I could get an interview w/a member of the human resource department?

I really need a new job and want to work for coca-cola

Thank you for your response

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.