Combined Insurance Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Combined Insurance?

What do you like best about working at Combined Insurance? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Fed Up in NY in Port Washington, New York

90 months ago

There is no salary and for the first 3 weeks you have to share with your sales with your manager. Run very fast in the other direction.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

happy withmyjob in Bangor, Maine

90 months ago

Combined Insurance Company average starting incomes are between $600 for minimal effort to $1200 per week for a new person just starting out in the field alone. The average should be atleast $750 or you need to ask for help and look at your activities. Bonuses for new agent are available for the first 10 weeks and Combined offers residual income for your entire career which rapidly grows. The first 2 weeks a sales manager trains you and GIVES you half of his/her commission while you observe their activities and slowly introduce you to field sales activities. The manager is required to give $400 the first two weeks so a manager sharing their commission is a very generous manager.

Benefits-Full benefits are available & perks include success points which you can use for buying all sorts of things/trips/gas card incentives.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Fred in Manchester, New Hampshire

90 months ago

This company is almost as bad as Banker's Life. RUN RUN RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

SHERRY in Springfield, Maine

88 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Combined Insurance?

What do you like best about working at Combined Insurance? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

I love helping people so it's an easy sell for me. We try to travel as little as possible but have times where we travel and have fun doing it. Usually it's in this state..sometimes out of state
yes...the perks are success points, gas cards, bonuses and great trainers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

gary in Springfield, Maine

88 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Combined Insurance?

benefits are great at AON

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

gary in Springfield, Maine

88 months ago

Fed Up in NY in Port Washington, New York said: There is no salary and for the first 3 weeks you have to share with your sales with your manager. Run very fast in the other direction.

You get paid from day one as soon as your employee paperwork is complete and you have your license and appointment. They even direct deposit it. I think you're making that up buddy. I work in the same area and that does NOT happen. Also...you watch someone work and they GIVE you their money during your first week and all you do is shadow. You probably got fired which is hard to do or just have a horrible nasty attitude

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lombardi in Marion, Indiana

85 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CMCarlin in Plattsburgh, New York

84 months ago

It's a good company, that has a strong emphasis on positive thinking and serving the entire population. If you don't like knocking on doors, it's not for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dallas2121 in Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

If you can work hard enough to make $1,000 week with Combined, find a real job that the Major Medical is not $265 every two weeks for the family.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Clinging to the Edge

40 months ago

As of June 2011.

For new employees, the current bonuses are:
Sell $5000 of APV (annual premium value) in one week - $500 bonus
Sell $3000 of APV - $300 bonus
Sell $1500 of APV - $150 bonus

As for salary, you are commission based. All of the products you sell will have the same commission rate except the Golden Advantage life insurance - life insurance for those who normally could not qualify for life insurance due to medical issues. The commission on that product is 20%.

For everything else, you commission is:
Brand new customers or customers who have not been with Combined for 13 months - 45%
Existing customers - 35%

If you are good at hard selling, then this job is for you. Good luck,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

No Longer Clinging - Fell Off the Edg in Lake Memphremagog, Vermont

37 months ago

Yes, Edge is spelled wrong - I ran out of space. I am following up my report - I am Clinging to the Edge.

It is now November 2011 and I am no longer employed with Combined Insurance, which is a good thing for me and the family.

There is no salary with Combined as a sales agent; you are straight commission. You must pay for all fuel, phone, and business expenses out of your own pocket.

I have read about people complaining about not being able to understand the way in which Combined pays its agents, so here is the breakdown.
New Customer - If you sign up a new customer or someone who has cancelled 13 months ago, you will receive 45% commission on the sale.
Existing Customer - if you sell a new policy to an existing customer, you get 30% commission - my previous posting above was incorrect.

Now, breaking down how the commissions are paid to you:
Your commission is based upon the annual premium value (APV) - what the policy costs for the whole year. So if the customer is paying $30 per month, the APV is $360 (12 months x $30).

Using a new customer as an example for computing the commission on a sale of $360 APV, the total commission would be $162 ($360 x 45%). Here is how Combined will pay you.

As soon as you sell the policy, you receive 50% of your commission. Using the number above, the APV is $360; you receive $81 commission in your next paycheck ($360 x 45% x 50%).

As soon as the policy is approved by the corporate office, you receive 25% of your commission. Again, using the number above, you receive $40.50 commission ($360 x 45% x 25%).

Then, the remaining 25% of your commission is split up so that you receive it when Combined receives payment for the 10th, 11th, and 12th payment of the first year of premiums. So, you will receive $13.50 after 10th month of the premium has been paid, $13.50 after 11th month of the premium has been paid, and $13.50 after 12th month of the premium has been paid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

just looking in Belton, Texas

36 months ago

I am wondering what are you doing these days. Are you still in the ins. field and how do you like the new company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

just looking in Belton, Texas

36 months ago

I am wondering what are you doing these days. Are you still in the ins. field and how do you like the new company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.