Comcast Assessment test is UNREAL!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 66)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Marcel Mercer in Portsmouth, Virginia

93 months ago

has anyone passed the test i took it but didnt pass like 6 months ago what do i have to do to pass iam going to take it agian soon. Its funny i have 5 yrs in the field telephone and cable. Why do the have that test there letting all the good people get away. If someone can help me thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (182) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

TMercer in Boston, Massachusetts

93 months ago

Marcel Mercer in Portsmouth, Virginia said: has anyone passed the test i took it but didnt pass like 6 months ago what do i have to do to pass iam going to take it agian soon. Its funny i have 5 yrs in the field telephone and cable. Why do the have that test there letting all the good people get away. If someone can help me thanks.

Study Marcel!
Study for the friggen test!

tandie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Eric in Levittown, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

This test is crazy. Yes it's all basic math but they give you an ungodly ammount of problems and only three minutes or so to complete each question. I really don't understand how any of this relates to cable installation, and the six month wait before you can retest is bs too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Seaquin in Atlanta, Georgia

89 months ago

Eric in Levittown, Pennsylvania said: This test is crazy. Yes it's all basic math but they give you an ungodly ammount of problems and only three minutes or so to complete each question. I really don't understand how any of this relates to cable installation, and the six month wait before you can retest is bs too.

Hello,
I can agree with you on the testing for Comcast. I just moved to Georgia two months ago. I went to a career fair 6/27 and gave an HR representative my resume. I was provided the opprotunity to take the test7/2. I failed the 1st time because I did not pay attention to detail. They stated that I can retest in 30 days. What I did was did a search on Google and looked up Comcast Assetment Test and here I am. I found the link to take the same practice test on character and kudos to the peroson who provided the info. It helped and I was able to really take my time on the practice test to get an understanding of each question. I took it again on 8/7 and past. The test, there after is really how many you get correct not how many you can finish within the time provided, but you do have to finish at least 35% to 45% of each section correctly. I know for a fact that i did not finish anything over that percentage, but i did take my time to get each one correct. The HR represenative even stated that you will not be able to finish each section b/c some are set up to where you will not be able to complete with the time limit no matter how smart you are. Hope this has been of some help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

T-Snaps in Minneapolis, Minnesota

84 months ago

Marcel Mercer in Portsmouth, Virginia said: has anyone passed the test i took it but didn't pass like 6 months ago what do i have to do to pass iam going to take it again soon. Its funny i have 5 yrs in the field telephone and cable. Why do the have that test there letting all the good people get away. If someone can help me thanks.

Just took the same test today. The HR rep. came in after the test and said you didn't do so good. I was like yea, I know it didn't seam like I did. Thinking in my head big deal I have 15 years experience I'm a shoe in. She says but all comcast employee's have to pass. I'll show you out the building. I said seriously, WOW! I couldn't believe it. I've worked on the same plant for last 15 years as a contractor. I know more about there plant then most the people that work there and your not going to give me employment because of this silly test? So I came home and googled the test and found this place. It made me feel a little better. Now I know what to do but, I won't be waiting around for 6 months. Sorry Comcast you lost another good employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

T-Snaps in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Just took the same test today. The HR rep. came in after the test and said you didn't do so good. I was like yea, I know it didn't seam like I did. Thinking in my head big deal I have 15 years experience I'm a shoe in. She says but all comcast employee's have to pass. I'll show you out the building. I said seriously, WOW! I couldn't believe it. I've worked on the same plant for last 15 years as a contractor. I know more about there plant then most the people that work there and your not going to give me employment because of this silly test? So I came home and googled the test and found this place. It made me feel a little better. Now I know what to do but, I won't be waiting around for 6 months. Sorry Comcast you lost another good employee.

Oh yea by the way. Not making excuses, don't know if its part of the test but, my mouse didn't work. I had to pick it up and move the ball with my finger. With a timed test I'm pretty sure that's lame!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

fisher71 in concord, California

83 months ago

anyone know what the test for an lmc tech is like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lyndsy Binion in Southgate, Michigan

83 months ago

does anyone know how to get a hold of this test now? 2-21-08

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ann Tiggett in cheverly, Maryland

83 months ago

Antwan in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: I have to tell you and I can't stress it enough study,study,study.The test consist of three different areas. The first and most important is the Math you must know your fractions example: 1/4x1/2= (adding,, subtracting and multiplying)decimals example: 0.5+.5= make sure The decimals in the right place(adding, subtracting and multiplying Plus Basic grade school Math

Second you have to pay close attention to detail (#4567 $4567) different (200007* 200007*) Same. Also number association 1 3 5 7 9 it gets harder: 10 15 20 18 30 21____ you have to know the pattern

and third agree and disagree

I can work alone with little supervision? Agree or Disagree

I am in a good mood most of the time? Agree or Disagree

All the tests are on computers and are timed and multiple choice after the test they know if you passed or failed so if you pass you will speak with the HR person if not you will probably get that dreaded thanks for applying letter. I hope I've helped everyone out,Good luck

study study study what? your answers did not make any sense at all because if you have ever taken the test it is form PSI online and I have been in the customer services industry for years that test has nothing to do with customer services! I have been a comcast customer for years and the reps that passed those test lack a lot in the customer services field

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Seaquin in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hello,
I can agree with you on the testing for Comcast. I just moved to Georgia two months ago. I went to a career fair 6/27 and gave an HR representative my resume. I was provided the opprotunity to take the test7/2. I failed the 1st time because I did not pay attention to detail. They stated that I can retest in 30 days. What I did was did a search on Google and looked up Comcast Assetment Test and here I am. I found the link to take the same practice test on character and kudos to the peroson who provided the info. It helped and I was able to really take my time on the practice test to get an understanding of each question. I took it again on 8/7 and past. The test, there after is really how many you get correct not how many you can finish within the time provided, but you do have to finish at least 35% to 45% of each section correctly. I know for a fact that i did not finish anything over that percentage, but i did take my time to get each one correct. The HR represenative even stated that you will not be able to finish each section b/c some are set up to where you will not be able to complete with the time limit no matter how smart you are. Hope this has been of some help.

Thanks of all the answers that I have read yours make the most sense

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

g-in wsngtn in Spanaway, Washington

82 months ago

I am 42 years old I have worked in Customer service for 15 years.
I consider myself to be somewhat intelligent but the math test for Comcast was
HARD ! ! I didn't get it.
they use PSI and their web site is client.psionline.com/testing
the other test was easy at the bigby and the passwork they use now is kbradley
I hope this will help someone. I am looking for someone who has the test on line so I can study for it the next time. I did fir Algebra to be helpfull.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Joey Gambino in Fitchburg, Massachusetts

81 months ago

I took this test early March at an open house, after being given the first interview. It was easy, and myself and most of my classmates were all given the chance for a final interview after the tests were complete. I assume those who were not given a final interview didn't do so well on the tests.

Honestly, no offense, but most of the people that seem to be posting in this forum can barely spell. If you can't master basic spelling and grammar, how do you expect to pass a math test?

The test was easy, there was nothing involved in the tests that I didn't learn in junior high.

Also, I was hired and I start this coming Monday as a Customer Account Executive [Technical].

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

tommy23 in Minneapolis, Minnesota

81 months ago

Does any one have the assesment test. I failed it 1st time due to short notice of interview. The HR lady called me late in the evening and wanted me to interview in the morning. So I did search around but no luck and dont know what to expect. I just need a little pretest before I go back. If anyone can lead me to the test... Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mclenrd in Medford, Massachusetts

79 months ago

This test is Bulls**t! It has nothing to do with customer service whatsoever. Before the test I was told, "It's so easy, a three year old can do it." I have 12 years of customer service experience. I've worked my up through to Customer Service Supervisor, then Operations Manager. I was told I was not qualified. I asked, "Aren't you even going to look at my resume?" A may be dumb but I'm not stupid. I was embarrassed, and insulted.

"i'm sorry, the computer says no."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I know for sure that test has nothing to do at all with customer service because I am a comcast customer! Comcast needs to find another way to evaluate the skills of their reps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gio66 in Chicago, Illinois

78 months ago

What kind of math is the test about? Has anyone taken the installation technician test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kelly in North Augusta, South Carolina

76 months ago

what kind of math is number series or number association. i took the test and passed it, but i wasn't a member of the good ole boys society, therefore i did not get an interview. With over 20 years experience in cable i just don't understand.The only part of the test i believe i was weak on was the number association, just don't get it, any idea's on how to learn this type of math so i can do better on my next test.........thankyou

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Hos Sup in Hyattsville, Maryland

76 months ago

I took the test passed with flying colors, best advice, brush up on decimals and fractions... use common sense, you can't complete the test, designed so you can't, many questions little time, so answer basic addition and subtraction questions first... fast and chances are least chance for error... then with extra time do multiplication and division that is shorter. Also, pattern test... just use something like math.com to practice patterns... and for the same or different... pay attention to the differences, and check it twice. for the personality... make sure you answer agree or disagree that is most like, not exactly alike... like ummm... i never lie... some think hey don't say agree cause that is an obvious lie in itself... but the directions are mostly agree or mostly disagree so you put agree I never lie cause hopefully you usually dont.... just think like the company, you might want to tell someone off that frustrates you but you know you shouldn't... Best advice... don't freak out... go into it knowing each section is 5 or 10 minutes and answer the easy first... oh yeah i came on here before my test, no one mentioned the test has like 30 questions per page or something like that, so you can see half the questions for the section, not one at a time, so you can pick out the easy ones first with ease. and dont forget to push next because some sections are more than one page, one guy made that mistake and failed, it wont let you finish the test before the time is out, so dont worry you will push next and move to next section. And yes some people did fail the personality test, so pay attention to the question. not hard just have to work smart not hard. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

InsertNameHere in Edmonds, Washington

76 months ago

I took the test recently in Lynnwood,Wa. I passed with flying colors my first attempt at the test. I am scheduled for a phone interview next week. You have to work quickly on the test and others have said, don't waste time on the really long ones right away.. save those for last. The test was hard I was amazed I did so well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bankman in Atlanta, Georgia

72 months ago

Seaquin in Atlanta, Georgia"]Hello, Where did you find the Comcast Assessment test on Character?. Thanks for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tlong

69 months ago

Antwan in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: I have to tell you and I can't stress it enough study,study,study.The test consist of three different areas. The first and most important is the Math you must know your fractions example: 1/4x1/2= (adding,, subtracting and multiplying)decimals example: 0.5+.5= make sure The decimals in the right place(adding, subtracting and multiplying Plus Basic grade school Math

Second you have to pay close attention to detail (#4567 $4567) different (200007* 200007*) Same. Also number association 1 3 5 7 9 it gets harder: 10 15 20 18 30 21____ you have to know the pattern

and third agree and disagree

I can work alone with little supervision? Agree or Disagree

I am in a good mood most of the time? Agree or Disagree

All the tests are on computers and are timed and multiple choice after the test they know if you passed or failed so if you pass you will speak with the HR person if not you will probably get that dreaded thanks for applying letter. I hope I've helped everyone out,Good luck

I just took it here in nothern ca the test is halarius your right finish it fast do the easyone first thats the catch.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

creolevixen in seattle, Washington

68 months ago

The assessment test covers spelling, math, and a series of true false questions. I had my first Interview along with 20 other people,I was extremely nervous because I am horrible at math but the I began to notice Everyone was invited back for the second phase. Let me put it this way I answered 2 math questions out of the 20. What they look at is the personality assessmaent , to see if you will be a good fit in the company. Ie... do you become frustrated easily, do you mind sitting for extended periods.... How you answer these questions will determine if you are chosen for a position. I was hired in there technical repair dept and absolutely LOVE WORKING THERE. I was hired along with 15 other people out of over 200 applications. Comcast likes to see people that are energetic , someone people can relate to , sense of humor and personality. Proffessional yet personable . Look them in the eye while talking and knowing infromation about Comcast besides it provides cable is Important. Comcast originated in the 1960 in tuskeloo Missisiipi by Ralph Roberts, Comcast provides commmunity service in the area, promotes diversty, has one numerous Best Place to work awards and is on of the major hitters in the Tech Industry. They compensate there employees very well, from the complimentary triple play package to the benifits. The most important thing is they truelly do care about there employees and motto is a happy employee makes the business strong. In the 4 months I have been there I have recieved 8 customer service awards, because customers were so pleased with the customer service I gave them , that they have commented on it by, phone, email, standard mail. Good luck on your testing and the remember to be yourself, dont hype up your stats, be evasive or uptight. I have never worked in a "call center" before in my life and I do now for one of the best companies I have ever worked for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Joey in deepinahearta, Texas

67 months ago

Marcel Mercer in Portsmouth, Virginia said: has anyone passed the test i took it but didnt pass like 6 months ago what do i have to do to pass iam going to take it agian soon. Its funny i have 5 yrs in the field telephone and cable. Why do the have that test there letting all the good people get away. If someone can help me thanks.

based on the small amount of time i've worked for this company, years and years of experience say very little about the qualifications of the technician. the best quality to have (which i think the tests are trying to decipher) is the ability to learn and to adapt. a lot of the old dinosaurs are set in their ways and refuse to change their ways as cable becomes more and more complex work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bloominaround in Dundalk, Maryland

61 months ago

Well I did read some of your comments before taking the 2nd part of the comcast assessment test and I really just thought go for it, you can do this and when it started I thought what the H@ll I couldn't believe the questions and the short length of time to answer, what a joke, it didn't seem like 5 minutes for each page, more like three and then bam a pop up to say your session timed out and click next, some I didn't even get to answer, it made me so nervous for this test.... I have dealt with comcast for over 10 years and the employees I have dealt with couldn't have passed this on their best day, is this a new procedure. I mean seriously what the H@ll was that, I am so much in need of a job, and have over 10 years experience in administrative procedures and working with public, I am shocked and not so hopeful on this position anymore.

Joseph DiGiorgio in Bayonne, New Jersey

59 months ago

I have just taken the test and it is ridiculous. I was previously installing FiOS which is much more detailed than cable tv. This test has nothing to do with telling if u are a good problem solver. AT&T test for technicians wasn't this nuts and it had electricity and actual telecom questions on it....Comcast is not going to get anyone with this kind of test...must be why they are hiring in so many locations still.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

peoples champ in Duluth, Georgia

59 months ago

Joseph DiGiorgio in Bayonne, New Jersey said: I have just taken the test and it is ridiculous. I was previously installing FiOS which is much more detailed than cable tv. This test has nothing to do with telling if u are a good problem solver. AT&T test for technicians wasn't this nuts and it had electricity and actual telecom questions on it....Comcast is not going to get anyone with this kind of test...must be why they are hiring in so many locations still.

how can i prepare for the test any insght

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Joseph DiGiorgio in Bayonne, New Jersey

58 months ago

become a human calculator over night is the only way

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hardworkingman629 in Antioch, Tennessee

58 months ago

The test was crazy but i did pass. The whole thing was if you didn't know the answer then skip it!!! Im betting that most of you that failed the test picked up that piece of paper and tried to write it out?!?!

Anyone that is reading this and is about to take the test DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ANSWER THE ONES YOU KNOW!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bloominaround in Dundalk, Maryland

58 months ago

hardworkingman629 in Antioch, Tennessee said: The test was crazy but i did pass. The whole thing was if you didn't know the answer then skip it!!! Im betting that most of you that failed the test picked up that piece of paper and tried to write it out?!?!

Anyone that is reading this and is about to take the test DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ANSWER THE ONES YOU KNOW!

thanks for that insight.... you are probably correct. I am a comcast customer and I have spoke to individuals in many different positions and well, I thought for many they could not have possibly passed this test... good advice thanks

FrenchChick19 in Baytown, Texas

57 months ago

I made it! I am excited to work at Comcast because they have GREAT benefits. You get paid holidays,PTO, vacation, tuition reimbursement,vision,dental, free cable and internet even cell phone discounts.They also have great incentives in the job like if you sell alot of Starz or HBO you get gift cards for Wal-Mart,target, or visa cards, different things like that. I heard it is really fun. I dont know about the techs but for the customer care executives, it can be fun and the pay is really good in TX. If you are going to interview with Comcast, i suggest just being relaxed, humble, and polite. After all, that's what they are looking for in a candidate, the fact that one can be patient and well mannered in servicing customers. Also make sure that when they ask you something, to keep it "short and sweet" they do not like LONG answers! (inside information) Comcast also does background checks for criminal,education,previous employment & drug screening. You do need a college degree,HS or GED diploma or else you will not be hired. As far as the test, answer what you know! and you will pass :) Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Unknown in South Haven, Michigan

55 months ago

If you want to pass the test do exactly what is stated above! Do what u know first skip what you dont then come back. If you don't get to it don't worry about it. If you start answering every question in a row unless you know them then that's OK you will have less of a chance. Like they said do addition and subtraction first then move on to multiplication and division. That's what makes the test so easy. Your not going to get all the answers in the time given.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

whodothis

54 months ago

FrenchChick19 in Baytown, Texas said: I made it! I am excited to work at Comcast because they have GREAT benefits. You get paid holidays,PTO, vacation, tuition reimbursement,vision,dental, free cable and internet even cell phone discounts.They also have great incentives in the job like if you sell alot of Starz or HBO you get gift cards for Wal-Mart,target, or visa cards, different things like that. I heard it is really fun. I dont know about the techs but for the customer care executives, it can be fun and the pay is really good in TX. If you are going to interview with Comcast, i suggest just being relaxed, humble, and polite. After all, that's what they are looking for in a candidate, the fact that one can be patient and well mannered in servicing customers. Also make sure that when they ask you something, to keep it "short and sweet" they do not like LONG answers! (inside information) Comcast also does background checks for criminal,education,previous employment & drug screening. You do need a college degree,HS or GED diploma or else you will not be hired. As far as the test, answer what you know! and you will pass :) Good luck!

This posting sure sounds like it came form their HR department!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mslittlebit in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

39 months ago

I work for comcast, and the company is a waste! it's not even worth stressng yourself, to take the test, i hate working for this company!

trust me, you'll hate working for them too!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lisacampbell

39 months ago

mslittlebit in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: I work for comcast, and the company is a waste! it's not even worth stressng yourself, to take the test, i hate working for this company!

trust me, you'll hate working for them too!!!!

One question... Why are you STILL there? The number one thing that you always see/hear is... "I hate my job", "This company sucks", but if the atmosphere is so bad... why stay? In opinion... Comcast is a GREAT company with great benefits! Your job is what you make of it. If you're a slacker then you'll hate the rules. If you love your job and good at what you do... no worries! The reason why the asstm. test is "not easy" is because they want the BEST! Look at the WHOLE picture. People, please don't get discouraged when you see negative postings. Always remember... it is just the OPINION of an individual. Being a slacker is the easiest way to get promoted to a customer!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

joeygutierrez in Sun Valley, California

39 months ago

wow i took my secound assessment test for att,and charter cable and i fail it again is there any way i can studie this test ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

lisacampbell said: One question... Why are you STILL there? The number one thing that you always see/hear is... "I hate my job", "This company sucks", but if the atmosphere is so bad... why stay? In opinion... Comcast is a GREAT company with great benefits! Your job is what you make of it. If you're a slacker then you'll hate the rules. If you love your job and good at what you do... no worries! The reason why the asstm. test is "not easy" is because they want the BEST! Look at the WHOLE picture. People, please don't get discouraged when you see negative postings. Always remember... it is just the OPINION of an individual. Being a slacker is the easiest way to get promoted to a customer!

hey i really feel you on that one but job is a job ....;)you,ll be ok ...? whats up with all this assessment test is there a studie guide for this !!!!!!!!!!!i took two test and i fail them i suck ...;(

39 months ago

joeygutierrez in Sun Valley, California said: hey i got a ? how can i pass this assessment test i tried two times and i fail,it again is there a studie guide for this

i notice they started doing this in all the cable companys

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

joeygutierrez in Sun Valley, California said: hey i got a ? how can i pass this assessment test i tried two times and i fail,it again is there a studie guide for this

i notice every cable company you gotta take the test

Chrs in Knoxville, Tennessee

39 months ago

Good luck!

Charles in Dundalk, Maryland

39 months ago

I took the test on Monday. I received a email the next day stating that I passed the test. The questions were pretty difficult but,I was able to answer all the questions in the 3 mins they gave me. I don't remember no math questions on the test though, Maybe cause I was nervous. I have a inner view lined up for Friday. I'm looking forward to working for Comcast, given that my inner view runs smooth. The position I applied for was a Tech. Always tested well in school just never did any home work. My advice. Just stay focused on the question 1st, then find a way to solve the problem the shortest method possible. Kind of like speed reading. You can turn a sentence of words upside down & still know what it's pretty much saying by the verbs in the sentence. I have a G.E.D. and no college experience. Also been out of school for over 15 years. Good luck... Hope this little post can help at least one person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BRAIN DEAD REPLIES in Chicago Heights, Illinois

38 months ago

T-Snaps in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Oh yea by the way. Not making excuses, don't know if its part of the test but, my mouse didn't work. I had to pick it up and move the ball with my finger. With a timed test I'm pretty sure that's lame!

You got 15 years experience and knowledge but your still using the mouse with the ball in it? LMFBO!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Saffron in Seattle, Washington

27 months ago

I recently took the Comcast assessment for inside sales. I went to the interview and they loved me and told my recruiter they were going to hire me. A week later they changed their mind because of my score on the assessment.

The test was a virtual call center with four calls. A virtual customer would call in and you had to select answers for your customer and do some typing and info intake. Easy. I have a lot of call center experience. Then there were a couple hundred personality questions. There was no math, no English, no hard skills. I am usually an excellent test taker. I graduated from a university with a 3.89 and I have not failed a test since 3rd grade spelling.

Apparently I failed their personality test; I have no personality? Haha!! Comcast is one of the many companies who have taken the human element out of their hiring process. A human being chose me to work there, having met me and interviewed me and having seen my credentials. A computer rejected me and the humans rolled over and allowed that to happen. I'm disappointed and disgusted by this type of hiring process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

me in Louisville, Kentucky

23 months ago

ann Tiggett in cheverly, Maryland said: study study study what? your answers did not make any sense at all because if you have ever taken the test it is form PSI online and I have been in the customer services industry for years that test has nothing to do with customer services! I have been a comcast customer for years and the reps that passed those test lack a lot in the customer services field

lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Charles in Dundalk, Maryland said: I took the test on Monday. I received a email the next day stating that I passed the test. The questions were pretty difficult but,I was able to answer all the questions in the 3 mins they gave me. I don't remember no math questions on the test though, Maybe cause I was nervous. I have a inner view lined up for Friday. I'm looking forward to working for Comcast , given that my inner view runs smooth. The position I applied for was a Tech. Always tested well in school just never did any home work. My advice. Just stay focused on the question 1st, then find a way to solve the problem the shortest method possible. Kind of like speed reading. You can turn a sentence of words upside down & still know what it's pretty much saying by the verbs in the sentence. I have a G.E.D. and no college experience. Also been out of school for over 15 years. Good luck... Hope this little post can help at least one person.

you don't remember NO math-GEEEEEEZ

23 months ago

me in Louisville, Kentucky said: you don't remember NO math-GEEEEEEZ

and you had an (INNERVIEW)------puuuulleeeeeze----if any Charter HR's see this-I CAN SPELL!!!!!---4.0 English 101

23 months ago

peoples champ in Duluth, Georgia said: how can i prepare for the test any insght

Do what???

23 months ago

I can agree with you on the testing for Comcast . I just moved to Georgia two months ago. I went to a career fair 6/27 and gave an HR representative my resume. I was provided the opprotunity to take the test7/2. I failed the 1st time because I did not pay attention to detail. They stated that I can retest in 30 days. What I did was did a search on Google and looked up Comcast Assetment Test and here I am. I found the link to take the same practice test on character and kudos to the peroson who provided the info. It helped and I was able to really take my time on the practice test to get an understanding of each question. I took it again on 8/7 and past. The test, there after is really how many you get correct not how many you can finish within the time provided, but you do have to finish at least 35% to 45% of each section correctly. I know for a fact that i did not finish anything over that percentage, but i did take my time to get each one correct. The HR represenative even stated that you will not be able to finish each section b/c some are set up to where you will not be able to complete with the time limit no matter how smart you are. Hope this has been of some help.

So--where is the sample test and is it the same for Charter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lydiaferdin in Orange Park, Florida

22 months ago

Joey Gambino in Fitchburg, Massachusetts said: I took this test early March at an open house, after being given the first interview. It was easy, and myself and most of my classmates were all given the chance for a final interview after the tests were complete. I assume those who were not given a final interview didn't do so well on the tests.

Honestly, no offense, but most of the people that seem to be posting in this forum can barely spell. If you can't master basic spelling and grammar, how do you expect to pass a math test?

The test was easy, there was nothing involved in the tests that I didn't learn in junior high.

Also, I was hired and I start this coming Monday as a Customer Account Executive [Technical].

I agree, I took the test without even trying and I passed it the first time. I have an interview scheduled this week! I'm excited but all in all, the test was kinda long and hard for an entry level position.

mslittlebit in hawaii, Hawaii

22 months ago

lisacampbell said: One question... Why are you STILL there? The number one thing that you always see/hear is... "I hate my job", "This company sucks", but if the atmosphere is so bad... why stay? In opinion... Comcast is a GREAT company with great benefits! Your job is what you make of it. If you're a slacker then you'll hate the rules. If you love your job and good at what you do... no worries! The reason why the asstm. test is "not easy" is because they want the BEST! Look at the WHOLE picture. People, please don't get discouraged when you see negative postings. Always remember... it is just the OPINION of an individual. Being a slacker is the easiest way to get promoted to a customer !

FIRST OF ALL, I AM NOT A SLACKER……AND IF YOU DIDN’T NOTICE THE ECONOMY IS A TOTAL MESS! YOUR COMMENTS IS NOT NEEDED, SO KEEP THEM TO YOURSELF! AS I STATED BEFORE, COMCAST IS A WASTE OF TIME!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.