Comcast CommTech 1 Assesment Test

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Ghost in The Machine in 192.168.1.1

22 months ago

Took the CommTech 1 Online Assesment Test, which was mostly a personality assesment. Totally caught me off guard.

I applied online directly through the Comcast website and promptly received an email link for their online test. I expected a mostly technical test, or at least math intensive. But not at all. It was broken into basically 5 sections.

1. Word Analogies and Vocabulary
2. Reading and Comprehension
3. True/False Personality Assesment
4. Multiple Choice Personality Assesment
5. Agree <---> Disagree Personality Assesment

Took about 50 minutes to complete everything and left me wondering, speculating, and basically stressing out over the personality assesments. Especially since this is a technical job and my desired career path would take me escalating through their various tech positions, prefereably ending up on the network side of things. I realize that CommTech 1 ineracts with the public daily, but these tests didnt really focus on extroversion and human/public relations but rather on morals, drive, ethic, and character.

I have always been a good test taker, and an excellent problem solver, but when it comes to these personality assesments, I never get a call back on the job. I do not like them, and feel that good people are far too often overlooked or dismissed because of them.

Back in 2004 I applied for a Comcast tech job the old way. I went to their office and filled out a paper app and waited. Got called for an interview. Went to the interview and everything was fine until we started discussing my previous satellite install experience. The interviewer went on a rant about how they take joy in tearing down satellite dishes, and talked with pride about a dumpster full of dishes out back. Mind you I never bragged about what I did, just talked about the technical experience. He then started in about how satellite was a major threat to cable. (This was all before cable internet REALLY took off). I was dismissed and never called back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Saffron in Seattle, Washington

22 months ago

"I have always been a good test taker, and an excellent problem solver, but when it comes to these personality assesments, I never get a call back on the job. I do not like them, and feel that good people are far too often overlooked or dismissed because of them."

I recently took the Comcast assessment for inside sales. I went to the interview and they loved me and told my recruiter they were going to hire me. A week later they changed their mind because of my score on the assessment.

The test was a virtual call center with four calls. A virtual customer would call in and you had to select answers for your customer and do some typing and info intake. Easy. I have a lot of call center experience. Then there were a couple hundred personality questions. There was no math, no English, no hard skills. I am usually an excellent test taker. I graduated from a university with a 3.89 and I have not failed a test since 3rd grade spelling.

Apparently I failed their personality test; I have no personality? Haha!! Comcast is one of the many companies who have taken the human element out of their hiring process. A human being chose me to work there, having met me and interviewed me and having seen my credentials. A computer rejected me and the humans rolled over and allowed that to happen. I'm disappointed and disgusted by this type of hiring process.

I hope you have better luck with these stupid, asinine tests then I do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.