Comcast Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 305)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Comcast?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Alonya Weaver in Oak Park, MI

104 months ago

I'll choose Comcast over any company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Val in Wixom, Michigan

104 months ago

I've applied for a job with Comcast and I'm surprised that I don't get called for an interview. When I read the job description I feel I'm perfect for the job! I even know someone who works there and applied via the "employee referral" area.

I wish they would respond to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Val in Wixom, Michigan

104 months ago

I agree - the reps I've spoken to there are a joke.

I applied for an executive assistant position and I've worked in broadcast television for 12 years. Wouldn't you think I'd be a good candidate for them? ugh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

FRIEND in Daniels, West Virginia

104 months ago

They are starting to do entry exams for certain positions, for a tech job its mostly math...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Roy Jones in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

102 months ago

Judging from what you said it wasnt the same test. This test had 4 or 5 different sections and some of the sections had 25 problems that you had to do in 2 minutes. What a bunch of crap. Human resources said I didnt get the job and would have to reapply in 6 months. Can you believe this garbage? Because they didnt know what they were doing I got screwed. I can imagine how many times they would screw up my check and benefits not to mention anything else. I wouldnt work for that location if they paid me 100.00 an hour. This is some new kind of testing they are conducting and I would bet that more than 75% of their current staff would fail it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Daniel in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

102 months ago

Hi all,
Look at the tests in a different light. what they are testing for is your ability to handle pressure and think clearly.
When you do the test of 250 questions take a deep breath and answer the ones that you can - don't get flustered.
Appears that they are trying to finally staff up with support people that have some personality traits and will be a benefit to the company and the customers.
As for the Knoxville area I know that their rate is $2-3 better than other call centers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Linden, Michigan

102 months ago

Good point Daniel and I think your 100% correct. Although I'm a fairly recent college grad and most of my coursework dealt with computer systems and math it was still somewhat of a challenging assesment test. I just answered all I could but worried more about the correctness of my responses than the actual amount of answers I had completed. Basically completing as many as I could with best judgement then just answering the left over questions quicker.

As for the pay rate in Tn that is not fair!! =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

York PA in Cockeysville, Maryland

102 months ago

I applied for a position in Camp Hill a week ago and just call a call today. I think they are pretty quick with their responses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Roy in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

102 months ago

hurray for the Camp hill Office . I should have went there instead of Yrk. Look its no big deal to me now. I already got a job paying almost twice as much as a Comcast tech so I am actually glad the way it worked out.. Some things happen for a reason

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Too Shy in Redmond, Washington

101 months ago

Rick in Denver said: Intersting comments.
I applied for a Desktop Support position a week ago and was the first one called for an interview-did that today. The interviewer said he had 150 apps for this position and he put 10 into a "hold" pile and kept the 3 best of which mine was one. It was a laid back meeting where he and one of his techs asked me questions pertaining to the job, he even stated that there was no right or wrong answer for some of them. The starting pay range is not bad. I could certainly do better but it is not a bad start. They only promote from within in their IT department. There is no guarantee that I get the job.
Just my .02

I got my offer recently, also for an IT position. Same type of situation with the interview, although I was screened by the hiring manager first, then did a tech screen with one of the IT people (both by phone) and then I did a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. Although there were internal candidates (and they *do* like to hire internally if they have qualified applicants) and a couple of external, they were quick to make the decision and I had my offer within a few days of the last interview. And, while the recruiter had said that the salary I wanted was about $10K too high, I asked for it anyway (saying it was negotiable so they wouldn't rule me out) and they even met my salary expectations, which was right at market rate... pretty cool :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

k d in Portland, Oregon

101 months ago

does anyone know what type of pre-employment drug testing comcast uses?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Victoria in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

101 months ago

Is it really worth going to a job fair they have? I have called a recruiter 10 times now and no return phone call. They have a job fair today in York, Pa. Has anyone worked at this location?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

X in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

101 months ago

I have interviewed with that location and the people who interviewed me seemed like good solid guys. The problem lies with their Human Resource dept. they are terrible in dealing with candidates for employment. They are inept. If I were you I would look elsewhere

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Markham, Illinois

101 months ago

Just curious did you get hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Fredericksburg, Virginia

101 months ago

Last Friday I was contacted by the HR department of the local Comcast in my area. I applied for the Comm Tech 2 position. I was told that I will receive a call in a week or so about my assessment testing. What should I prepare myself for? Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

x in Manchester, Pennsylvania

101 months ago

you need to study Your math.. decimals and fractions and division of those.. also multiplication and you should be ok. The idea is not to get frustrated because this is part of your personality test. Just do the best you can and if they tell you you failed just smile, say very little and go home. Dont show frustration..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

CrabCake in Fredericksburg, Virginia

101 months ago

Thanks for the info! I've been so depressed for so long about not even getting a chance to do what i love the most .. which is play around with networks, and computers, and to have it all blown out the door for some math test.. that would be devistating! thanks again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Renee in Detroit, MI

101 months ago

Comcast called me today to take and assessment test for the Customer Account Executive position. Has anyone taken it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Josh Heinaman in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania

101 months ago

OOL Tech said: What do you think the chances are for an Optimum Online Tech to get this job? And what is the starting pay as a techie?

I have been in training with comcast now for about 5 weeks. The Exam is pretty difficult for the people who didn't just graduate recently. The first time I took the exam the com puter failed to load the page after the test results were apparently saved. After that the HR person cam in and said that I failed and I told her the computer screwed up. I came back the next day to retest and ofcourse I was second guessing everything and I thought I was really falling behind. It came to a point when I started guessing answers to try and get done. Well there I am... out of time and I am sitting waiting for the bad news. Well apparently I passed that time so all is well so far. As for your question. Commtech level 1 starts out around $12.85 an hour. After 90 days you become Commtech2 wich is a 5% raise. I believe it comes to $13.99. every 6 months after that you have the option to advance to the next commtech level. I would also like to add that you also have the optioon to take performance building online tests that comcast will pay for. You can take 2 tests a year and each test you pass is a 1% wage in crease. So on top of everything else you can easily get a 2% raise by yourself a year. Not to mention you get a yearly cost of living raise as well. Dont get me wrong. Comcast does not compete with verizon and other companys starting salarys. They will admit this to you. But you have the option of how much you really want to make. If you want to stay a commtech 2 for 20 years then so be it. That is up to you. Each commtech level has different levels of work. for example, Commteach 1 is strictly training. commtech 2 is basic level tech... you only handle basic installs and disconnects. commtech 3 handles basic installs, disconnects, high speed internet installs and wallfishes. Commtech 4 adds - continued below...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Josh Heinaman in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania

101 months ago

Comcast digital voice. So in reality you really do get paid for what you do. They just give it to you in levels. Oh did I mention there is a shift differential pay. You can work 8am to 5pm and getyour normal rate. Or you could work the 10am - 7pm shift and earn an additional $1.50 on top of your current hourly wage. They have regular overtime for those of you who would like to work it. Comcast will pay for everything. Red wing boots, tools, nextels, gas... you name it they will take care of there employees. My current wage is $12.85 and if I pass my level to test today I will be @ $13.99. After 6 months i get another raise when I advance to level 3. I will just guesstimate that at $15.50 and add $1.50 for wage differential and look where I would be at. $17 bucks an hour after 6 months with the company..... not bad at all. Not to mention commtech 6 starts around $22 an hour and then you get shift differentials, possible test pass 2% increases. cost of living raises... It really is a great company to work for. Oh and did I meantion you recieve free cable... internet and discounted Digital voice service? Well I really hope this answers your questions.

Bye.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

heather in Decatur, Georgia

100 months ago

i interviewed with Comcast in Atlanta. Everyone was super-nice, busy, and apparently knew what they were talking about. Guy I interviewed with threw out all of the usual cliche questions. It was refreshing. Fingers crossed I get the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

heather in Decatur, Georgia

100 months ago

oh, i also got some pre-interview questions:
what does success mean to you?
what motivates you?
is job satisfaction more important than a high salary?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Renee in Detroit, MI

100 months ago

heather said: i interviewed with Comcast in Atlanta. Everyone was super-nice, busy, and apparently knew what they were talking about. Guy I interviewed with threw out all of the usual cliche questions. It was refreshing. Fingers crossed I get the job.

What position did you apply for? Did you take a assessment test? I'm taking the customer account executive test next week.

CrabCake in Fredericksburg, Virginia

100 months ago

I am being interviewed for Communications Tech 2... I hope I get the Job! I haven't taken the tests yet.. I have a 2 part test, the last one being a Math assessment.. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Local Machine

100 months ago

I notice by some responses of others who have applied did not get called that is really screwed up. I had applied a week ago and I said to myself they probably picked some other more qualified people. Today I got a message on my answering machine telling me to call back to take the assesment test. What I wanna know is what is covered in the test. Networking or just math ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ken L in Ashperton, United Kingdom

100 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Comcast?
Any advice on striking the right note?
Just be strong, learn as much as you can about the company. Dress smart on the interview, maybe finding out what dress code the company has. Good Luck!

www.seferm.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tina in Oregon

100 months ago

I applied for collections in the Portland, OR office. I applied at least 3-4 weeks ago, I have forgotten when exactly that I sent in my resume. Anyway, I got a call last week that if I was still interested, they would like to talk to me about the position. I had a phone type interview, asking me about job history, what I liked and disliked about previous jobs. At the end of the phone interview I was invited in for a face to face interview. I was instructed to step out so they could talk, and when asked back into the room I was asked if I could do some pre-employment tests which I did. I was told they would be making a descision in about 2 weeks and I would hear from them. I received a call the next day, where I was invited in for another meeting. I am not sure what to expect at this point. Any thoughts???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tina in Oregon

100 months ago

When I went in for the second meeting, they asked me a few more follow up questions from the same packet of questions they had asked me in the original interview, I was a bit shocked and didn't quite know what to think of this. I really hope I get the job, I know I would be great here, and I know this is a solid company to work for. Has anybody else had a similar expiernce, they told me today they would be making a descion next week. Do you think I am still being considered if they didn't make an offer yet?

Dave from Mississippi in Colorado Springs, Colorado

100 months ago

Tina in Oregon said: When I went in for the second meeting, they asked me a few more follow up questions from the same packet of questions they had asked me in the original interview, I was a bit shocked and didn't quite know what to think of this. I really hope I get the job, I know I would be great here, and I know this is a solid company to work for. Has anybody else had a similar expiernce, they told me today they would be making a descion next week. Do you think I am still being considered if they didn't make an offer yet?

You pretty much have the job let them make a decision. I had an interview with a assistant manager in a retail store followed by another and then another and then the Store Manager then I pretty much know at that point I had the job and then I was out to get drug tested. I did horrible on the math part for Comcast I could have done a lot better mostly my fault I didn't prep but oh well if I do get this job it will be a dream come true if not back to the drawing board and the saltmines where my other job lays Good Luck to you!

Tina in Oregon

100 months ago

Thanks for your reply. I will let you know. I really want this job, but I have temp job lined up just in case. I just really want the job at Comcast. There hasn't been any mention of a drug test, but I don't know if maybe they wait until they make an offer to do that? I didn't do well on the math test either, but I had no idea I would be taking it, so I just did my best. What position did you apply for at Comcast? Good luck to you also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dave from Mississippi in Colorado Springs, Colorado

100 months ago

Tina in Oregon said: Thanks for your reply. I will let you know. I really want this job, but I have temp job lined up just in case. I just really want the job at Comcast. There hasn't been any mention of a drug test, but I don't know if maybe they wait until they make an offer to do that? I didn't do well on the math test either, but I had no idea I would be taking it, so I just did my best. What position did you apply for at Comcast? Good luck to you also.

I applied for the COMM 3 technician I think or the posting said 1-3 so there's no telling. Don't worry you will be drug tested. It's good to have a backup plan just in case. I still have some leads myself I'm not giving up. To top it off I love math but this test made me look like a fool. 5 or 6 problems I worked and the rest blank. I can just kick myself in the face. But if I get a response I'll post it otherwise back to job hunting. I will keep you posted of any outcome if I hear anything. At least you got two meetings. But I did talk to the HR manager so that may mean something.

Kristen in New York, New York

99 months ago

Does anyone know what the starting pay for svc reps in MA is?

Teleanalyst in Audubon, New Jersey

99 months ago

I have over 10 years of experience in telecommunications and have a long-standing business-to-business relationship with Comcast. I have recently relocated to the Philadelphia metro area and have applied for well over 40 positions with Comcast, all of which I am more than qualified. I have received only one call from HR regarding a position they had opened, requiring an MBA and paying about $37K/year! I was dumbfounded by the ridiculously low salary! I haven't received any call/interview from Comcast for any of the other jobs for which I applied. And, I have an "inside" within the company due to my fantastic business relationship with my account team. It's very frustrating that over 600 jobs are posted and they don't call you for any of them.

Tina in Oregon

99 months ago

I went thru 2 interviews, and the pre-employment testing, they said they would be making a descision this week and I haven't heard anything... I assumed if they didn't choose to hire me they would have sent me a letter at the very least... does anybody know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tim In Michigan in Sterling Heights, Michigan

99 months ago

I just went through the pre-employment testing this morning. It is pretty much a cattle drive where 80% of the people were from job fairs. They take you into a room and have you fill out another application and then you are taken into a room full of computers. They tell you it is a timed test, but in all actuality we were in the room for 10 minutes past what they said. Then they called out a couple of people and you could see some leaving after they did this. Then they told us that we passed the first portion. Next we were back in the room to take a real timed test, timer and all on the computer screen. The test were horrible. 4 battery sections of math and problem solving. Next they call people into the hall and tell you that you made it, and to set up an interview. only 10% of the original people made it to this part, basically because they weeded out the "unintelligent folk" This was for a Cus Exp Rep1.

Sunny D in Colorado Springs, Colorado

99 months ago

Tina in Oregon said: I went thru 2 interviews, and the pre-employment testing, they said they would be making a descision this week and I haven't heard anything... I assumed if they didn't choose to hire me they would have sent me a letter at the very least... does anybody know?

Tina call them up and ask them if they have made a decision or talk to them in person and ask them. I was looking through my State board job postings and Comcast is still hiring gonna give them a call Monday for sure gotta get out of this retail BS but my advice call up the HR manager or whomever you interviewed with and ask that person if they have made a decision and if not tell the person to call you as soon as they have made a decision or talk to them in person.

Tina in Oregon

99 months ago

I really debated on Friday whether or not I should call, and I felt awkward about it so I didn't call. I am now rethinking that descision. I am working a temp job so at least I have some income, but this was the job I REALLY wanted, so I will give them a call on Monday. Thanks for the advice.

Somdood in Michigan in Sterling Heights, Michigan

99 months ago

I have a friend of a friend of a friend in Comcast that said he can put in a referal for me and said I should go online and fill out there resume for Comm Tech 2. So I did and didnt hear from them in 2 months. So I went back and submitted some more job listings of Comm tech 2 in areas that were kinda far from my House. Nothing again. 2 weeks later did it again but submited a different resume instead of there generic online one. 1 week later i got 2 E-mails from them asking me about 7 questions about "Are you currently working or why did you leave your last employer?" and "Can you lift over 70lbs?" and "Are you afraid of heights?" etc; And i put a P.S about my location...saying "Could you please keep in mind my location and maybe see if theres a closer location i could work at" yada yada. 1 day later i got a phone call from a HR lady about coming in for a interview/filling out a app at the farther location Comcast store (about 40 minute Drive roughly 40 miles away). So i made a set date for that next Friday. Then got home got a e-mail saying they sent my request to the closer COmcast Location (1 mile away from my house). Then got a phone call the next day from THAT HR person asking if i was still interested. SO she called the other HR ..canceled my interview for that Friday and now i got a assesment/filling out a application tomarrow (Wesnday) for the COmcast store 1 mile from my house! I hope this is promising..wish me luck everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marcel Mercer in Portsmouth, Virginia

99 months ago

CrabCake in Fredericksburg, Virginia said: I am being interviewed for Communications Tech 2... I hope I get the Job! I haven't taken the tests yet.. I have a 2 part test, the last one being a Math assessment.. Good Luck!

did you past the test they give you?

nikr in Atlanta, Georgia

99 months ago

Tina in Oregon said: I really debated on Friday whether or not I should call, and I felt awkward about it so I didn't call. I am now rethinking that descision. I am working a temp job so at least I have some income, but this was the job I REALLY wanted, so I will give them a call on Monday. Thanks for the advice.

So what happenrd Tina? Just curious.

What about you, Heather [Decatur, GA]?
Same, just curious......

Nik

Alicia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

99 months ago

Renee in Detroit, MI said: What position did you apply for? Did you take a assessment test? I'm taking the customer account executive test next week.

Renee, how did you do on the test? What kind of questions were on there? I have to take my cae test on tuesday!!! Help me out!!

Steve from NH in Nashua, New Hampshire

99 months ago

Hey gang,
I didn't apply for a tech position I applied for a Broadband Sales Professional. I also am looking for any info about the exam. I've been in sales for 10 years including management so my recruiter asked me a few questions regarding how I handle problems and overcome objections. She just called this morning and I have to take my exam. Anything anyone may be able to tip me off on. Remember........it's sales.

-Steve

Andre Daniels in Hillsdale, Michigan

99 months ago

Mark in Linden, Michigan said: Roy I think I had the same 'assesment test'. The time limit on the test makes it nearly impossible to finish. After I tried getting as many as I could correct I had to rush thru and guess at most of the rest of the questions.

My interview was fairly easy though. If you know anything about TCP/IP, ipconfig commands, and customer service you should do fine....

Could you tell me exactly what questions Comcast asked for the Comm Tech position? I have a interview tomorrow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nikr in Atlanta, Georgia

99 months ago

I have an interview coming up as well. If anyone remembers any of the interview questions they were asked I'd sure like to hear them. TIA!

nikr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

nikr in Atlanta, Georgia

99 months ago

Haven't heard anything from Tina or Heather so I'm wondering if they got hired ;) Hope so.

nikr

Steve from NH in Nashua, New Hampshire

99 months ago

I just took the exam for Sales Professional. I gotta tell you, the questions do not pertain to real life Comcast or any electronic service senario. It was 4 tests 3 tests all math 5 minutes each. If anyone can tell me how Joe who needs office funiture but has other furniture he is unable to get anymore for the price of $$$$ and he has more employees than spending budget what should he do. That, if I remember correctly was on the "thinking on your feet" part of the exam. Anything anyone. Well if not, there is an idea of what's on the test. If you get past that, it seems like a great company to work for. Good culture so anyone with the oppertunity to exam with Comcast just go and do your best. Who knows, you may surprise youself.
Good luck all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tina

99 months ago

Hey NicR,

:( I didn't get the collections position, I don't really know why. I did get a job at Wells Fargo though. How is your job qwest going?

NikR in Atlanta, Georgia

99 months ago

Hi Tina!

Sorry to hear things didn't work out w/ Comcast. I've already taken their math/reasoning test (most of the test was fairly easy) and am scheduled for an interview Wednesday--that's why I was asking if anyone remembered any more of their interview questions. I've been out of the loop for a while so I was wanting to get a better idea of the types of interview questions that are being asked these days....

Finally, best of luck at Wells Fargo :)

NikR

Andre Daniels in Hillsdale, Michigan

99 months ago

Ok, I passed the test for the Comm Tech 2 postion last week. I just took my follow up interview today. The hiring manager there basically asked a bunch of situational questions. For example, "Tell me a time when you were frustrated, what did you do and how did you feel?" I feel that I answered every question with great detail, but i'm still not sure if I have the job or not. The hiring rep said he has to interview several more people and I will hear something in 2 weeks. Does this mean I didn't get the job?

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.