Comcast Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 331)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Comcast?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Alonya Weaver in Oak Park, MI

94 months ago

I'll choose Comcast over any company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Val in Wixom, Michigan

94 months ago

I've applied for a job with Comcast and I'm surprised that I don't get called for an interview. When I read the job description I feel I'm perfect for the job! I even know someone who works there and applied via the "employee referral" area.

I wish they would respond to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

94 months ago

Val said: I've applied for a job with Comcast and I'm surprised that I don't get called for an interview. When I read the job description I feel I'm perfect for the job! I even know someone who works there and applied via the "employee referral" area.

Seriously they post the same jobs over and over. Its very frustrating. Like you, I feel perfect for these jobs and get no reply. It sucks theres no way to follow up with their online system. You don't even know if anyone has seen it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Amy

94 months ago

Yes, you are correct. I know someone that works for Comcast and I have applied several times and no reply. I visited them at my colleges job fair and I asked them why they never call people or reply and they say that they only do so to qualified applicants. I told the lady that I was over qualified for the positions that I was applying for. So it is the same in New Jersey too. Do not feel bad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

FRIEND in Daniels, West Virginia

94 months ago

Val said: I've applied for a job with Comcast and I'm surprised that I don't get called for an interview. When I read the job description I feel I'm perfect for the job! I even know someone who works there and applied via the "employee referral" area.

I just recently started at Comcast, acutally on Monday.. In the some of the areas, Comcast has taken over Adelphia, so that is some of the issues, there, the change over is slowly working out all the issues..Good luck to you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jobgirl in Chicago, Illinois

94 months ago

I interviewed w/Comcast for an Account Rep. position, and it's pretty much a cattle call. The entry exam was tough (at least for me), and they don't really allow you a lot of time to complete it. I think it helps if you know someone working there. I have Comcast cable, and most of the reps I have spoken to there are a joke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Val in Wixom, Michigan

94 months ago

I agree - the reps I've spoken to there are a joke.

I applied for an executive assistant position and I've worked in broadcast television for 12 years. Wouldn't you think I'd be a good candidate for them? ugh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

mojo in Wakefield, Massachusetts

94 months ago

Someone mentioned an entry exam? Is there some sort of technical test you're required to take during the interview? What sort questions were asked?

FRIEND said:
I just recently started at Comcast, acutally on Monday.. In the some of the areas, Comcast has taken over Adelphia, so that is some of the issues, there, the change over is slowly working out all the issues..Good luck to you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

FRIEND in Daniels, West Virginia

94 months ago

They are starting to do entry exams for certain positions, for a tech job its mostly math...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sema042794 in Jacksonville, Florida

94 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Comcast?

I interviewed for National Sales Assistant and second interviewed then was tossed to Accounts Receivable then tossed away!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kduke2469 in Lakeville, Massachusetts

94 months ago

The pay at Comcast is low to start. As a former manager I know. They are looking for entry level mostly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Svt in Atlanta, Georgia

93 months ago

Comcast seems to look for people who don't know much or don't have much experience in the particular area they will be working in. I guess they want to pay everyone as little as possible.

As an example...in Atlanta they have 2 huge headends for cable, telephony, and HSD...after Comcast took over they terminated all 3 headend supervisors and replaced them with one electrical engineer who had never worked in the industry.

Comcast is a cost cutting machine which may cause numbers to jump for the stockholders but working for them can be a real pain..at least in Atlanta.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Newark, New Jersey

93 months ago

screw comcast

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Linden, Michigan

93 months ago

In my experience it's a huge plus to know someone there. Not sure if that affects whether or not you get called in to take their 'assesment test' or not but it more than likely helps. The test involves a personality part where they judge how you might be as a worker, and integrity issues. The other part to the test is a 4 part exam that asks you basic things like what is the first letter in baseball...LOL...

Then you get to the reasoning part which is tricky because you do not get enough time to answer probably even half the questions...I thought I did horrible, mainly because I couldnt answer most of them due to time. The ones I did answer I felt were correct. To my dismay I did good enough apparently.

I think the assesment test is mainly to weed out the potential hires but I'm not sure. So now I'm up for interview soon. I dont really know what to expect but I'll let you in on what I find out.

Regards...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

julia in York, Pennsylvania

93 months ago

so, look up their nearest headquarters and go there with resume in hand.-i did this at my current job and got hired!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rick in Denver in Aurora, Colorado

93 months ago

Intersting comments.

I applied for a Desktop Support position a week ago and was the first one called for an interview-did that today. The interviewer said he had 150 apps for this position and he put 10 into a "hold" pile and kept the 3 best of which mine was one. It was a laid back meeting where he and one of his techs asked me questions pertaining to the job, he even stated that there was no right or wrong answer for some of them. The starting pay range is not bad. I could certainly do better but it is not a bad start. They only promote from within in their IT department. There is no guarantee that I get the job.

Just my .02

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

OOL Tech in Great Neck, New York

93 months ago

What do you think the chances are for an Optimum Online Tech to get this job? And what is the starting pay as a techie?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Roy Jones in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

93 months ago

I recently applied for a Comcast position as a Communications Tech. I have excellent prior experience. The Human resources department I was dealing with was inept, inefficient and uninformed. After I interviewed with 4 different people and walked out of there feeling really good. A month later after calling their Human Resources Department(I had to initiate contact and call them 4 or 5 times before I was scheduled to take a test) I asked them what the test was and the lady there told me it was a personality type test and that there was NO MATH or anything like that on it. She told me the test would ask questions like will you work overtime etc etc. Well The test had nothing but MATH. It was a 4 part 200+ problem math test that I had to do in about 15 minutes. Yeah well you know it would have been a breeze if I took this test 20 years ago after all I was hired by a Bank after High School.
So did the Human Resource Department mess up and were uninformed of this or was this just a Deceptive Hiring Tactic?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Linden, Michigan

93 months ago

Roy I think I had the same 'assesment test'. The time limit on the test makes it nearly impossible to finish. After I tried getting as many as I could correct I had to rush thru and guess at most of the rest of the questions.

My interview was fairly easy though. If you know anything about TCP/IP, ipconfig commands, and customer service you should do fine....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

Judging from what you said it wasnt the same test. This test had 4 or 5 different sections and some of the sections had 25 problems that you had to do in 2 minutes. What a bunch of crap. Human resources said I didnt get the job and would have to reapply in 6 months. Can you believe this garbage? Because they didnt know what they were doing I got screwed. I can imagine how many times they would screw up my check and benefits not to mention anything else. I wouldnt work for that location if they paid me 100.00 an hour. This is some new kind of testing they are conducting and I would bet that more than 75% of their current staff would fail it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

This was the test I thought I was going to get. Good thing you didnt get mine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

new hire in Concord, California

92 months ago

Chris said:
Seriously they post the same jobs over and over. Its very frustrating. Like you, I feel perfect for these jobs and get no reply. It sucks theres no way to follow up with their online system. You don't even know if anyone has seen it!

i just got hired by them, like you guys they never responded to my submissions , but i went to their job fair and was offered a job that day. i guess they dont really read their email, just go if you ever see a job fair somewhere nearby. its the only way

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

loking for work....

92 months ago

julia said:
so, look up their nearest headquarters and go there with resume in hand.-i did this at my current job and got hired!!

That is always the best bet-unless-the company states NO WALK INS--you never know-
worse that could happen-they rectangular file your resume as your walking out the door--oron the positive side--they like your initiative and interview ya!!! Good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Roy in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

92 months ago

I find it hard to believe that you went to the job fair and were offered a job that day without Comcast screening you. I used to work for an employment agency so either you are lying or you are not telling us the whole story. Nobody hires anyone on the spot unless it is a privately owned business willing to take a risk on a criminal or drug addict. So please tell us what really happened. Did they tell you they were interested in you or did they offer you a job? They are going to do plenty of background checks ie. a medical, check your driving record, your credit, previous employment history etc etc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

Thats easy. When applying for a job you almost have to take it like youre applying for a loan. You need to have an I DONT NEED IT that bad attitude and others have offers on the table.. For example banks lend poeple money who dont need it ie.. they have a house with equity. No bank is going to lend someone money who is broke because they wont be able to pay them back. So your answer to that is simple. Tell them " I believe I am the right candidate for the position however I understand you want to take your time and decide what is best for you afterall I wouldnt want to work for a company that hires the wrong people. A winning team needs time to find the right players"

Thats it.. You dont have to sound desperate just because you might be. You are selling yourself and you have to project that you have what people want and that there are other offers on the table. NEVER ever tell them that you are having trouble finding work becuase thats when you are in check about to be mated....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

cable dog in Belleville, Michigan

92 months ago

Roy said: I find it hard to believe that you went to the job fair and were offered a job that day without Comcast screening you. I used to work for an employment agency so either you are lying or you are not telling us the whole story. Nobody hires anyone on the spot unless it is a privately owned business willing to take a risk on a criminal or drug addict. So please tell us what really happened. Did they tell you they were interested in you or did they offer you a job? They are going to do plenty of background checks ie. a medical, check your driving record, your credit, previous employment history etc etc

Actually in this industry it is not uncommon to OFFER EMPLOYMENT ON THE SPOT CONTINGENT UPON MEETING THE HIRING REQUIREMENTS. As a 20 year manager in this industry and having facilitated numerous job fairs, I, as well as my counterparts have indeed offered jobs on the spot with instruction that the applications and resumes would go to HR and that department would begin the hiring process (background, drug screening, criminal background check, verify references etc.) this is not uncommon at all. my guess is that this guy is not feeding you a line of BS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nancy in Alpharetta, Georgia

92 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Comcast?

If you go thru one of the recruiting agencies you will go in for a test which can last up to 2 hours. There is a personality test, then a "common sense" true/false questions. Then basic math, and no they do not let you use a calculator.
The interview can be a bid intimidating, the interviewer asked me questions like "describe a situation where you could not meet the customer's needs, what did you do to satisfy the customer." General questions about how you handled various customer related situations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

They either must be giving different tests in different states or some of you havent taken the most recent test which is 250- math questions in 15 minutes. It is not just basic math like addding sub mult and addition. It is harder than that and if you havent used it in awhile like most people 30 years and older you are going to get stuck. People that are 30 and older and use math everday ie. accountants and math teacher's are not going to be looking for a job at Comcast as a techincian.
Problems like
5/2 x 0.02= is not that easy to do if you havent done it in awhile.

It is my belief that this new test is designed to cater to younger people that have recently left school.
They cannot openly discriminate against age so they may be using this as a tool to weed out older candidates. This is my opinion and I have to say it is a clever way to discriminate against age.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Daniel in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

92 months ago

Hi all,
Look at the tests in a different light. what they are testing for is your ability to handle pressure and think clearly.
When you do the test of 250 questions take a deep breath and answer the ones that you can - don't get flustered.
Appears that they are trying to finally staff up with support people that have some personality traits and will be a benefit to the company and the customers.
As for the Knoxville area I know that their rate is $2-3 better than other call centers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Linden, Michigan

92 months ago

Good point Daniel and I think your 100% correct. Although I'm a fairly recent college grad and most of my coursework dealt with computer systems and math it was still somewhat of a challenging assesment test. I just answered all I could but worried more about the correctness of my responses than the actual amount of answers I had completed. Basically completing as many as I could with best judgement then just answering the left over questions quicker.

As for the pay rate in Tn that is not fair!! =)

York PA in Cockeysville, Maryland

92 months ago

I applied for a position in Camp Hill a week ago and just call a call today. I think they are pretty quick with their responses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

hurray for the Camp hill Office . I should have went there instead of Yrk. Look its no big deal to me now. I already got a job paying almost twice as much as a Comcast tech so I am actually glad the way it worked out.. Some things happen for a reason

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Too Shy in Redmond, Washington

92 months ago

Rick in Denver said: Intersting comments.
I applied for a Desktop Support position a week ago and was the first one called for an interview-did that today. The interviewer said he had 150 apps for this position and he put 10 into a "hold" pile and kept the 3 best of which mine was one. It was a laid back meeting where he and one of his techs asked me questions pertaining to the job, he even stated that there was no right or wrong answer for some of them. The starting pay range is not bad. I could certainly do better but it is not a bad start. They only promote from within in their IT department. There is no guarantee that I get the job.
Just my .02

I got my offer recently, also for an IT position. Same type of situation with the interview, although I was screened by the hiring manager first, then did a tech screen with one of the IT people (both by phone) and then I did a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. Although there were internal candidates (and they *do* like to hire internally if they have qualified applicants) and a couple of external, they were quick to make the decision and I had my offer within a few days of the last interview. And, while the recruiter had said that the salary I wanted was about $10K too high, I asked for it anyway (saying it was negotiable so they wouldn't rule me out) and they even met my salary expectations, which was right at market rate... pretty cool :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

k d in Portland, Oregon

92 months ago

does anyone know what type of pre-employment drug testing comcast uses?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ERIC in Pearisburg, Virginia

92 months ago

THEY TEST FOR EVERYTHING. THEY DO A 10///

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Victoria in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

92 months ago

Is it really worth going to a job fair they have? I have called a recruiter 10 times now and no return phone call. They have a job fair today in York, Pa. Has anyone worked at this location?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

X in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

92 months ago

I have interviewed with that location and the people who interviewed me seemed like good solid guys. The problem lies with their Human Resource dept. they are terrible in dealing with candidates for employment. They are inept. If I were you I would look elsewhere

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Markham, Illinois

91 months ago

Just curious did you get hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Fredericksburg, Virginia

91 months ago

Last Friday I was contacted by the HR department of the local Comcast in my area. I applied for the Comm Tech 2 position. I was told that I will receive a call in a week or so about my assessment testing. What should I prepare myself for? Any suggestions?

x in Manchester, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

you need to study Your math.. decimals and fractions and division of those.. also multiplication and you should be ok. The idea is not to get frustrated because this is part of your personality test. Just do the best you can and if they tell you you failed just smile, say very little and go home. Dont show frustration..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

CrabCake in Fredericksburg, Virginia

91 months ago

Thanks for the info! I've been so depressed for so long about not even getting a chance to do what i love the most .. which is play around with networks, and computers, and to have it all blown out the door for some math test.. that would be devistating! thanks again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Renee in Detroit, MI

91 months ago

Comcast called me today to take and assessment test for the Customer Account Executive position. Has anyone taken it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Josh Heinaman in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

OOL Tech said: What do you think the chances are for an Optimum Online Tech to get this job? And what is the starting pay as a techie?

I have been in training with comcast now for about 5 weeks. The Exam is pretty difficult for the people who didn't just graduate recently. The first time I took the exam the com puter failed to load the page after the test results were apparently saved. After that the HR person cam in and said that I failed and I told her the computer screwed up. I came back the next day to retest and ofcourse I was second guessing everything and I thought I was really falling behind. It came to a point when I started guessing answers to try and get done. Well there I am... out of time and I am sitting waiting for the bad news. Well apparently I passed that time so all is well so far. As for your question. Commtech level 1 starts out around $12.85 an hour. After 90 days you become Commtech2 wich is a 5% raise. I believe it comes to $13.99. every 6 months after that you have the option to advance to the next commtech level. I would also like to add that you also have the optioon to take performance building online tests that comcast will pay for. You can take 2 tests a year and each test you pass is a 1% wage in crease. So on top of everything else you can easily get a 2% raise by yourself a year. Not to mention you get a yearly cost of living raise as well. Dont get me wrong. Comcast does not compete with verizon and other companys starting salarys. They will admit this to you. But you have the option of how much you really want to make. If you want to stay a commtech 2 for 20 years then so be it. That is up to you. Each commtech level has different levels of work. for example, Commteach 1 is strictly training. commtech 2 is basic level tech... you only handle basic installs and disconnects. commtech 3 handles basic installs, disconnects, high speed internet installs and wallfishes. Commtech 4 adds - continued below...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Josh Heinaman in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

Comcast digital voice. So in reality you really do get paid for what you do. They just give it to you in levels. Oh did I mention there is a shift differential pay. You can work 8am to 5pm and getyour normal rate. Or you could work the 10am - 7pm shift and earn an additional $1.50 on top of your current hourly wage. They have regular overtime for those of you who would like to work it. Comcast will pay for everything. Red wing boots, tools, nextels, gas... you name it they will take care of there employees. My current wage is $12.85 and if I pass my level to test today I will be @ $13.99. After 6 months i get another raise when I advance to level 3. I will just guesstimate that at $15.50 and add $1.50 for wage differential and look where I would be at. $17 bucks an hour after 6 months with the company..... not bad at all. Not to mention commtech 6 starts around $22 an hour and then you get shift differentials, possible test pass 2% increases. cost of living raises... It really is a great company to work for. Oh and did I meantion you recieve free cable... internet and discounted Digital voice service? Well I really hope this answers your questions.

Bye.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

heather in Decatur, Georgia

91 months ago

i interviewed with Comcast in Atlanta. Everyone was super-nice, busy, and apparently knew what they were talking about. Guy I interviewed with threw out all of the usual cliche questions. It was refreshing. Fingers crossed I get the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

heather in Decatur, Georgia

91 months ago

oh, i also got some pre-interview questions:
what does success mean to you?
what motivates you?
is job satisfaction more important than a high salary?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Renee in Detroit, MI

91 months ago

heather said: i interviewed with Comcast in Atlanta. Everyone was super-nice, busy, and apparently knew what they were talking about. Guy I interviewed with threw out all of the usual cliche questions. It was refreshing. Fingers crossed I get the job.

What position did you apply for? Did you take a assessment test? I'm taking the customer account executive test next week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CrabCake in Fredericksburg, Virginia

91 months ago

I am being interviewed for Communications Tech 2... I hope I get the Job! I haven't taken the tests yet.. I have a 2 part test, the last one being a Math assessment.. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Local Machine

91 months ago

I notice by some responses of others who have applied did not get called that is really screwed up. I had applied a week ago and I said to myself they probably picked some other more qualified people. Today I got a message on my answering machine telling me to call back to take the assesment test. What I wanna know is what is covered in the test. Networking or just math ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.