Comcast Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 330 of 330)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7   

jastreb in Minneapolis, Minnesota

43 months ago

The comcast training whether on web or not is taken at the training site as a part of training. YOu will get a work cell, if you get a gas card you are not to use it for your personal vehicle, as most people actually do need to use their own vehicles to get back and forth to their work locale. Gas card is only to be used for the work vehicle transporting between comcast or job-sites (the has nothing to do with THEY not letting you take your truck home). Pay raises are merit based, their is not a 'training wage', you should be happy you're getting paid to learn, because soon will will receive the same pay to actually work.
You will last longer at comcast if you start thinking about what you can offer the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jastreb in Minneapolis, Minnesota

43 months ago

Good luck! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tej in Santa Clara, California

43 months ago

Hi all,

I have a phone Interview with Comcast tomorrow for Software Developer position.does anyone had a phone Interview with comcast recently.This position is at Millvally,CA

Please help.

Thanks,
Tejasvi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

medic4679 in Florence, Alabama

42 months ago

I applied for the Installer job over a month ago and I just completed a fairly quick journey. In the time span of a week, I received a phone call for a phone based interview, took the test and had an interview with the Maintenance Supervisor and Installation Supervisor. How long will it take to hear back regarding the hireing decision ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MEdic720 in Knoxville, Tennessee

38 months ago

i have already drug tested and had my first interview with come cast. i sent off my background stuff friday. they contacted me 3 days later wanting my w2 or pay stub info so i emailed it to them. is this a good sign????????

AmberMil26 in Carmichael, California

38 months ago

MEdic720 in Knoxville, Tennessee said: i have already drug tested and had my first interview with come cast. i sent off my background stuff friday. they contacted me 3 days later wanting my w2 or pay stub info so i emailed it to them. is this a good sign????????

I had the same thing happen to me and then just got a call today saying that i still have the job with comcast but i cant start in the next training class that was supposed to start next monday here...because they only have 15 spots and myself and 2 other people backround took too long so we get to start the next class but they didnt know when that would be...so i hope you have better luck that I did! I am just hoping that they know asap when the next class is...sick of not working!

38 months ago

FOR AMBER, in california. wow im very happy my class doesnt start till the 6th of next month.i can deff relate with not working. Im an EMT and my ambulance service cut my hours when they found out i was looking for 2nd job. plus no insurance is getting old. i REALLY hope you get in there and start working soo!!!!!!!!!

AmberMil26 in Carmichael, California

38 months ago

Thanks... its really hard out here right now and can't get any help at all because I have a car that I paid off when I was working so im just trying to keep my fingers crossed that they have a new class in september sometime. Do you know how long the training is? I think they told me like 6 weeks but not 100% sure?

38 months ago

AmberMil26 in Carmichael, California said: Thanks... its really hard out here right now and can't get any help at all because I have a car that I paid off when I was working so im just trying to keep my fingers crossed that they have a new class in september sometime. Do you know how long the training is? I think they told me like 6 weeks but not 100% sure?

for us its deff 10 weeks. and geezz i wish my truck was paid off. i havent worked in 2 months... very stressed. but it does sound like im in the clear for the job.

ATL ME in Marietta, Georgia

38 months ago

Applied online in july got a email a month later about taking a assesment wich i did and passed about a week in a half later recruiter contacted me about setting up a 20 minute phone interview, which went very well called about two week later to call me back and set me up with a interview (Face to Face) with the Call center manager and the Director of sales. Not sure how well I did, since I wasn't offered a position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Favored in jackson, Mississippi

36 months ago

My Comcast experience Aug. 11, 2011 I receive an email from a recruiter stating they saw my resume on Careerbuilder and wanted to know if I was interested in applying for a Customer Service position with a Fortune 500 company, I usually would delete messages like this but I didn't this particular time. Long story short I spoke with her August 12, 2011, passed my phone interview, invited to take the assessment Aug 13, 2011...afterwards I didn't hear anything else so I assumed I didn't pass..I felt like that wasn't in God's will so I moved on September 6, 2011 my birthday someone called from HR and asked was I still interested in the position, I responded yes and was scheduled for an interview September 8, 2011...I was asked a series of situational questions afterwards I was told to speak with someone in HR, I was offered the job contingent the drug and background check..which was the longest process ever...After waiting over a month I was finally hired I start October 24, 2011...the whole process took over two months...so for those of trying to get on I wish you the best and for those of you are in the process continue to be patient and don't give up...because its a very long and extensive process they verify everything.....I'm very excited and extremely blessed...I received a good job without even applying for it! Hope this helps someone!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Favored in jackson, Mississippi

36 months ago

Sorry for the all the mistakes, typing from my cell phone...I hate predictive text ugggh;( lol

James in Allentown, Pennsylvania

34 months ago

Hi guys, just to give you an information, i had my interview with comcast today for tech support position. Interview went very well, was asked about 2 customer service questions: What do you think excellent customer service mean? Describe when you have gone above and beyond to assist a customer. 8 technical questions: what is VPN and how does it work?
What is the commnand for testing connectivity?
What do you know about DNS
Give an example of fully qualified Domain Name
what do you know about ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew
What is the difference between analog and digital?

I cant remember the rest of the questions but they all prety much technical. The way you explain it will tell them whether you just learn it from book or you actually understand the principle.
Guys good news is i got hired on the spot because they told me they can let me leave since i could be hired by a different company. I accepted the offer, next stage is background checks and drug and alcohol test. Well i have no issue on that, am clean.

Comcast is a very good company to work in, they have much much room for improvement and also one can retire in the company with career.

Thanks all those who contributed and gave an idea about the interview.

God luck to you all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

VTFAN in Roanoke, Virginia

33 months ago

I applied on-line with Comcast for a Comm Tech 1 position this past Monday, received a phone call that I was being sent an e-mail to complete an on-line assessment, this was on Tuesday, completed the assessment Tuesday night, called the recruiter and left a message I completed the assessment. Wednesday morning the recruiter called and said I passed the assessment(s) and conducted a phone interview. After the phone interview, the recruiter scheduled me for a face-to-face interview and said an e-mail will be sent with instructions for that interview. I have no prior experience with Cable installs, only two-way radio communication systems and that was over 25 years ago, so I will see what happens!

Lori DFranklin in Jacksonville Beach, Florida

32 months ago

I had an interview with Comcast for the Inbounds Sales Rep. The interview went well, she showed me around, took a copy of my DL and SSN, and handed me a contigent offer letter. HR Sent me the background/drug screening and offer letter today. I got a DUI in California in 05 and it's considered a Misd. moving violation, so in the criminal history I admited to having a misd. moving violation. I am not taking a driving position so I am not too worried about that. I am in progree of finding a Bankruptcy lawyer and filing bankruptcy though. My credit has been destroyed due to the failing economy, wild fires, lack of work...Not intentional neglect or irresponsiblity. I mentioned my bankruptcy in my interview and there was no issue, but I noticed the background check included the Fair Credit Reporting Act. It seems that they ask a lot about your pervious employment history/schooling. So, my question is, Should i be worried about my credit being really bad??

VTFAN in Charlottesville, Virginia

32 months ago

Lori DFranklin in Jacksonville Beach, Florida said: I had an interview with Comcast for the Inbounds Sales Rep. The interview went well, she showed me around, took a copy of my DL and SSN, and handed me a contigent offer letter. HR Sent me the background/drug screening and offer letter today. I got a DUI in California in 05 and it's considered a Misd. moving violation, so in the criminal history I admited to having a misd. moving violation. I am not taking a driving position so I am not too worried about that. I am in progree of finding a Bankruptcy lawyer and filing bankruptcy though. My credit has been destroyed due to the failing economy, wild fires, lack of work...Not intentional neglect or irresponsiblity. I mentioned my bankruptcy in my interview and there was no issue, but I noticed the background check included the Fair Credit Reporting Act. It seems that they ask a lot about your pervious employment history/schooling. So, my question is, Should i be worried about my credit being really bad??

A lot of employers today are running credit reports/histories on applicants. With a majority of society now having been involved in a bankruptcy filing or foreclosure, employers are using the credit reports for several reasons. Some use them to weed out applicants, and proceed with applicants who only have great or good credit, some for wanting to know the amount of outstanding liabilities an applicant may have and others for establishing what kind of character the applicant has. It really depends on the type of employment being sought. Government employment, especially one needing any type of security clearance, the aforementioned will almost always knock you out of the hiring process. Some local government jobs all will not be available to applicants with bad credit histories. You were honest in your past driving history. Good luck.

Meesha Keesha in Orange Park, Florida

32 months ago

Hey Lori we are in the same city here is one of my postings: Just to give info on how far back the background checks go....I received a copy of my background investigation from CARCO Reseach Inc., I completed a telephone interview on a Mon., offered to come in for a face to face interview on a Thurs., (hired the same day) I received my official contingent offer for employment for by email 2 days later, 3 days later (thurs.) I filled out my Carco online application for my background check. Five days later Carco contacted me via email to request a check stub from a previous employer because they weren't able to speak with someone from the company. Four to five days later I received my background investigation in the mail (the same which HR) will receive. The document is 7 pages long and is very detailed. Carco completed a 12 years state wide search. They verified my education and last two employers.My residence check went back 14 years. All I can say is be completely honest. The cover letter reads I will receive a decision on my employment within a seven day period. I hope this information is helpful to anyone looking to become an employee in the Jacksonville, FL area. MY BACKGROUND CHECK CAME BACK AND I AM SUPPOSE TO START IN FIVE DAYS I HAVE 2 MISD THAT SHOWED UP AND I WAS HONEST ABOUT THEM. YES I AM SCARED THAT I MAY BE REJECT WE'LL SEE I'LL KEEP U POSTED

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sweety in Riverdale, Georgia

32 months ago

I applied for comcast online and took an assesment online during my application for the call center,I would like to know what are the next steps?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Meesha Keesha in Orange Park, Florida

32 months ago

I too the CSE test and online also and it took roughly 3 weeks for someone to call me on prompt for an telephone interview. Afterwards I was invited to come in for a group interview, which actually ended up being a one on one interview within the same week. I was offered a job the same day and I submitted to a background check and drug test. I past the drug test however a simple misdemeanor battery charged from 2003 came up and they decided not to continue the employment process with. GOOD LUCK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

sweety in Riverdale, Georgia

32 months ago

Meesha Keesha in Orange Park, Florida said: I too the CSE test and online also and it took roughly 3 weeks for someone to call me on prompt for an telephone interview. Afterwards I was invited to come in for a group interview, which actually ended up being a one on one interview within the same week. I was offered a job the same day and I submitted to a background check and drug test. I past the drug test however a simple misdemeanor battery charged from 2003 came up and they decided not to continue the employment process with. GOOD LUCK!

Thanks Meesha I'M GETTING A LIL DISCOURAGED JUST READING ALL THE REVIEWS AND MIGHT SEEK EMPLOYMENT ELSWHERE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Detroit, Michigan

29 months ago

What type of questions do they ask for the customer service positions? I have an interview with them next week

IndeedUser1101 in Hollywood, Florida

27 months ago

I filled out an application online, was called a week later by manpower group to do a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to complete the previsor and tax questioneers emailed to me and told that I would be scheduled for an in person interview.
I had my in person interview this week and it lasted about 45 minutes and went well.
Is it true that if comcast is going to hire you they offer a contigent position at the end of the in person interview and give you the drug test and background paperwork?
I was told by the interviewer that he didnt know how many positions they had open and that they were gathering applications to make a selection of qualified candidates.

Or have others that have gone through this process been given that drug test and background info at a later time?
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yaelle Danino in Asbury Park, New Jersey

27 months ago

Hello IndeedUser 1101

I am on the same boat as you, have you heard from comcast and how long did it take after the offer letter and criminal, background, drug test for them to call you for a start date?

new user 8 12 12

26 months ago

i have already passed a drug test to work a sales position at a call center, background check for my job history has been completed as far as i know, but carco won't answer my calls and the recruiter told me that i will be receiving a letter in the mail from carco not comcast, on monday, and that i need to respond to it to verify some things? i have four misdemeanors, three of them driving related, none of them are violence, drug or dishonesty related. does anyone know if they will decline me due to these misdemeanors? i put them all on my background check form when asked about them so i have been completely honest with them.

JOE in Tracy, California

23 months ago

I am a Comcast Employee who worked out of Livermore, CA. for almost 7 years, they're closing all the CA.Call Centers,11-30-12 but offerred us to relocate to WA, CO.or TX so I choose WA, Comcast is paying me 3000 to relocate however they consider WA. cheaper so I am losing almost 3.00 dollars an hr., but I also get free cable,internet and alot of other perks. I love Comcast. And plan to stay with the company as long as they want me.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TRUETB.TRUSLER in Jacksonville, Illinois

18 months ago

Mark in Linden, Michigan said: In my experience it's a huge plus to know someone there. Not sure if that affects whether or not you get called in to take their 'assesment test' or not but it more than likely helps. The test involves a personality part where they judge how you might be as a worker, and integrity issues. The other part to the test is a 4 part exam that asks you basic things like what is the first letter in baseball...LOL...

Then you get to the reasoning part which is tricky because you do not get enough time to answer probably even half the questions...I thought I did horrible, mainly because I couldnt answer most of them due to time. The ones I did answer I felt were correct. To my dismay I did good enough apparently.

I think the assesment test is mainly to weed out the potential hires but I'm not sure. So now I'm up for interview soon. I dont really know what to expect but I'll let you in on what I find out.

Regards...

HOW DID IT GO?

TRUETB.TRUSLER in Jacksonville, Illinois

18 months ago

going in on fri.for residential sales rep.I applied a couple of weeks ago and just got a call for face to face i had 1or2 phone i-views.it took several days after the assessment test.
keep the faith,
TRUET

mckinney_cherie@yahoo.com in Cordova, Tennessee

13 months ago

I filled out an online application for a position on Comcast website. Two days later they emailed me with a link to take the online assessment test. It has been over a month and I don't know if I passed or failed. I still haven't received a call from anyone about setting up a phone interview or in person interview. When I check my status online it shows In Process. Should I cut my losses and forget about it?

kcook in Newark, New Jersey

6 months ago

mckinney_cheie@yahoo.com in Cordova, Tennessee said: I filled out an online application for a position on Comcast website. Two days later they emailed me with a link to take the online assessment test. It has been over a month and I don't know if I passed or failed. I still haven't received a call from anyone about setting up a phone interview or in person interview. When I check my status online it shows In Process. Should I cut my losses and forget about it?

Did you ever hear back, If so how long did it take

Candidate for CSE-1 at comcast in Indianapolis, Indiana

3 months ago

Had an interview with comcast today. They asked about my criminal background and I was honest. I have 3 misdeameanors, 1 each in 98' and 99'. Both for receiving stolen property. I had taken clothing from a mall with so called friends. In 2009, got into an misunderstanding on the hubby's job, we got in an argument so they arrested me for trespassing and resisting. However, they still asked me back for a second interview and even sent an email later that day to congratulate me for making it to the next steps. The next steps will be signing some documents regarding the BG check from carco, a drug test and a few other docs. Isn't this a good sign? Anyone else ever disclosed their BG during the interview process and still received an email regarding offer of employment? Thanks!

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.