Comcast Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 208)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Comcast?

What do you like best about working at Comcast? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

c in Brandon, Mississippi

94 months ago

10.75 to start is what i was told for a com tech 1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (54) Reply - Report abuse

Bubba in Los Angeles, California

94 months ago

So a com tech 1 makes less than a fry cook at In-n-out?

In and out has good fries but still...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

Svt in Atlanta, Georgia

93 months ago

They have good benefits but that's the only positive I can come up with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

miami sammy in Miami Beach, Florida

92 months ago

comcast starting wage for cable installers in Miami, FL is $11.50 an hour. period. you will get gradual increases as time progresses and at the end of the day, you cannot live on a starting comcast salary alone.... i am from mass, and the last time i made $11.50 was quite some time ago, but miami companies won't pay people any more than $12 an hour for your average-joe job. there are opportunities for OT but still, who's kidding who, i mean 11.50/hr is poverty level...
yes, you get to use a company vehicle to go back and forth from work, so considering how much gas you use in a week, ad that on top of an otherwise UGLY paycheck. their benefits are OkAY and they do give you courtesy cable and highspeed. so at the end of the month, you may have saved yourself $100 bucks in cable bills and $100-200 bucks in gas just by working for comcast. not that bad, but 11.50 an hour kills it. bottom line on comcast is that their decent benefits sort of level out the sub-average hourly pay to make it a semi-decent job if you are at a loss for work or don't have a college degree.
by the way, does anybody know how much they pay an hour in boston for commm tech 2 or 3?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

oak park tech in il, in Homewood, Illinois

91 months ago

you need to work in oak park, il, the office has giving about half the workers with 90 day repeat mark , if your numbers is not below 5% on repeat u are out of a job, 3 strk your out. comcast care? here the funny part all the network and line tech can't find the problem why CDV dont work . every code d or 940 line call code, we as comtech 2-3 are at fault cause comtech 4-5 cant fix it. OAK PARK, IL SUCKS!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

heather in Decatur, Georgia

91 months ago

i stayed within the parameters of the job listing for salary requirements; any company is going to try to low-ball you. you gotta stand firm and stay in the competitive bracket. if the salary is way too low, you know they just want slave labor. doesn't seem like the corporate jobs are like that??? don't know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Kris in Havertown, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

Competitive, although slightly lower than elsewhere pay. As a graduate from a premier business school, I was offered a couple thousand less than other Management majors at my university.

The benefits are where working for this company rocks! Free cable, high-speed internet, discounted digital voice, and discounted pay-per-view. Medical/Dental/Vision largely paid for. Life insurance, disability insurance standard. F/T employees get $5,000 tuition assistance per year for schooling on the side. 15% off stock options. 401k with 6% matching, 100% vested. 10 paid vacation days, 8 paid flexible days, 3 paid floating holidays, all in addition to the standard 7 national paid holidays. Additional voluntary benefits (free emotional or financial counseling, tax-free deduction from paycheck for home-owners or car insurance, etc...). Additional perks/discounts from partnering companies (%'age discounts with several companies, for instance, I got almost 20% off of my Sprint cell phone bill). That about sums up the benefits. Not too shabby, eh?

So, while the pay might be slightly lower than average for your position or degree, they more than make up for it in benefits, and it's a rather fun company to work for with smart, assertive employees. However, getting the promotion is tough from what I can tell.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (84) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Jason Bryant in Miami, Florida

90 months ago

I live in miami Florida and I've as well as many other people within the area have been looking for the Comcast Call Center for over two years with no luck...CAN SOME ON PLEASE TELL ME WHERE IS IT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Jimmy Bagwell in Knoxville, Tennessee

89 months ago

Hello,

I worked for Comcast here in Knoxville Tn first as a Telmarketer and then moved to Dispatch and I loved my job at Comcast. I got terminarted due to so called poor job performance but my manager went to bat for me so much that after she fired me they fired her. Only thing I can sya negative is that I am supposed to eligble for rehire and now I can't anyone to talk with me. Have applied for 9 jobs that I am qualified for but can't get anyone to call me back for an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Jon S. in Atlanta, Georgia

88 months ago

Comcast Atlanta just made me an offer of employment. When are the pay periods? I start June 11, I assume I will work 2 weeks and then get paid sometime M-F, June 25-29. Which day of the week is payday?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Oscar G in San Francisco, California

88 months ago

Jon S. in Atlanta, Georgia said: Comcast Atlanta just made me an offer of employment. When are the pay periods? I start June 11, I assume I will work 2 weeks and then get paid sometime M-F, June 25-29. Which day of the week is payday?

Thanks!

All paydays are going to be on Friday and they are bi-monthly. If you have direct deposit it will hit your account friday at 12:01 AM. Comcast is a great company to work for. Especially as a communications tech. Supe's are real friendly and you get a family feel from all at the office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mike W in Baltimore, Maryland

88 months ago

Well i recently applied and too there required test for the Comm Tech 1 spot here in baltimore i have to set up and interview for next week i was told starting pay here is $12.80 and after 90 days you get evaluated to get a raise to $13.85

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jon S. in Atlanta, Georgia

88 months ago

Oscar G in San Francisco, California said: All paydays are going to be on Friday and they are bi-monthly. If you have direct deposit it will hit your account friday at 12:01 AM. Comcast is a great company to work for. Especially as a communications tech. Supe's are real friendly and you get a family feel from all at the office.

So if the checks come out on Friday (I know I'll find out next week, but need to know now), and I start June 11th, will the first check be on the 22nd or the 29th?

To Mike W of Baltimore: 90 days and then another raise beginning of the year 2008.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

N in NCali in Rescue, California

88 months ago

Hi Jon,

I'm very interested as well. I start on Monday in Sacramento as an Inbound Sales Rep, and i'm also anxious to know when paydays fall. Hard to plan life without knowing that.
Also..benefits start after 90 days right? It's been a month since I did my interviews and was hired, just waiting for training to start..and I guess I've forgotten quite a bit. Do you remember or can anyone help me out?
Also..I know it's been asked before but I didn't see any answers...I know that commission lies in my hands as far as how hard I want to work, but what's average commission per month??
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ange in Muskegon, Michigan

88 months ago

Pay week is this week so you can figure from there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Thanks ange...

This week as in yesterday?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Yep!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mish in Everett, Washington

88 months ago

I applied for a job with comcast on Monday.. still waiting for a response. How long did everyone have to wait till they heard from some one, even for the first interview? =) Cheers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Hi Mish,

I applied on their website and got a call about a week later to go take their tests. I passed the tests (found out that day) and was scheduled for an interview about 4 days later. Went to the next interview, met with 2 different Supervisors..about 20-30 minutes each...then was put into a separate room and informed I was being offered a position. Total time..a week and a half'ish. Had to take their drug tests and background tests of course...and I finally start on Monday. From start to finish from first call to start date...about a month...

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

N in NCali, you rock! cheers for that.. I dont feel so disheartened now =D In the add they had the start date for training 9th of July.. I really hope I make that one. Goodluck with Comcast. I hope to follow in your footsteps =) have a great weekend! cheers again matey

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

But Mish- you can always check on the website to see if the job is still posted or follow up call with the manager there. It depends also on how bad the need is. It took me a month after all the drug testing and paperwork to get through to start but I am in the advertising division..not as pertinent (to some people lol) as say a tech or CSR position..so it depends. It really is a good company to work for. So be persistant. Plus, if you stick around long enough to get into the stock options..there's your nest..and they match your 401 K..no one does that anymore! Good luck to you guys!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

I'm loving the last several comments..so thanks!! I've heard so much negative about Comcast, and yet it's so sought after as a career.
I've heard that raises are fairly non-existent as a Sales Rep...and that it's very much WHO you know..not what? So while I'm still waiting to hear a bit about WHEN benefits start (30 days??..90 days??)and approximate average commission? Is commission paid out on paydays also or separately?....I am enjoying the positive feel of this thread lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

N in Cali Well, things may be different on the system side..but typically commissions are paid on the last pay period of the month. So, for instance this month we will get them 2 weeks from yesterday (included in your regular pay). I think the rate of commission depends on the area you are in and it will be different from what I do so I cant help with that. Are you in advertising or the system side as a sales rep?
Benefits start on the first day of the first full month following your start (didya get that lol) so if you start now- they will start July 1st. Of course, all areas can be different but that is how it was when I started. Then 401K and stock options kick in after a year. And the people who are complaining about Comcast..should really move on..they aren't doing the company a service and there are 10 more in line waiting for those jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Mish in Everett, Washington said: I agree N in NCali, I was feeling disheartened from the first few posts then I saw your's and ang's. Any help in regards to the types of questions they ask?

Ang Im used to doing follow up calls in Australia but on the comcast website there isnt anyone you can contact. When I try and find the local address its not listed so I find myself sitting here waiting for them to respond.

I know there was alot of negative feedback from people about Comcast but work is what you make it right?

So you are looking for work in Washington then?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Ange ..

Thanks so much for your responses!! They are GREATLY appreciated! My position as a Sales Rep is Inbound Sales in the Call Center in Sacramento. Good to know about the commission! Just in time for the house payment right? lol
Have you seen much in the way of promotion there? I've also read a tiny bit about Comcast University, and that you get a raise after each completed course? Also, your statement about 10 more ppl in line for a job is completely accurate...but do you feel that Comcast hires average, entry level, no talent people? Or do you see them as being picky about who they hire?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Ange..

You're amazing ;) Thanks so much for all your help and advice! It is so refreshing to actually receive knowledgeable responses!
I'm anxious to begin training on Monday..even moreso with your responses...Thank You!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Yes Ange Im looking for work in washington. I finally got my work authority to Im excited to get back into the workforce.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

That's great..much luck to you and Comcast..remember..it's not Complex..its Comcast! lol

88 months ago

aww N in NCali, Im so excited for you. Fingers crossed that Im just as lucky to get my foot in the door =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Good Luck Mish!!

I hope you find everything you're looking for here in the US! Definately keep us posted when you hear from Comcast!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Mish in Everett, Washington said: Yes Ange Im looking for work in washington. I finally got my work authority to Im excited to get back into the workforce.

Well, looking at that market..it looks just huge..so it may be just a matter of time that they havent contacted you. If you know where the local cable office is even if its where you pay your bill..you might get a local contact there..I would try to do anything to stand out..whats the position you are trying for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Ange Im applying for a Customer Service position. I was going to contact the call centre to give me the address but I believe for security reasons they wont disclose that information. Well they just opened up a new call center in Lynwood about 15 miles from here so I will also be happy if I got that position. I pay my bill via check =P

Thanks for the best wishes N in NCali

Sandaili in Sunnyvale, California

88 months ago

Oscar G in Sunnyvale, California said:

I was wondering if you could help me know where to apply at?

Thanks!!

88 months ago

Sandaili,

If you go to the Comcast website, and their Careers section, you have the option to search available job openings. I just did a quick browse, and there are several in the Bay Area available. Create a profile on this site, and you can automatically apply for a job directly from this site.

Best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jon in Atlanta, Georgia

88 months ago

All is going well and I'm very excited about working for comcast. I do have one issue, which I assumed could be accomodated. I have visitation with my son every other weekend, or technically the 1st and 3rd weekends with 5th weekends whenever I can. Really only affects Saturday and Sunday until 5-6pm. Aside from those visitation weekends, my schedule is wide open.

Will I have a hard time making that bid and working that into my schedule?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Drew in MD in Beltsville, Maryland

88 months ago

Mike W in Baltimore, Maryland said: Well i recently applied and too there required test for the Comm Tech 1 spot here in baltimore i have to set up and interview for next week i was told starting pay here is $12.80 and after 90 days you get evaluated to get a raise to $13.85

Mike: what medical plans are offered by Comcast in Balto...and how much is the employee's premium (per pay period) for each plan?
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Ypsilanti, Michigan

88 months ago

Jon in ATL-

You may have a slight problem, in my area anyway they are hiring for Tues-Sat with Tues-Fri 10a-7p and Sat 8a-5p.

That's not to say they won't hire you because of it, but generally when you're a newbie they want you to work Saturdays because the guys with experience don't want to do it.

You may be able to work something out where you work Mondays on the weeks you couldn't work Sat, but I'm not sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Desmond in Albany, Georgia

88 months ago

I would really enjoy working for Comcast. I live in a mediacom region and I never can get a position with them. They rarely have them. Comcast rocks!!!! How can I become a Tech for this great company in Atlanta, GA. Please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Steven in Detroit, Michigan

87 months ago

It amazes me when people write in to say a fry cook doesnt get paid as good or is a dead end job. Where is making a dollar more an hour,working your butt off for these companys any better than serving frys at a McDonalds? If most of the responses to the questions asked about these companys is nagative than that tells you something right there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

dmon in Dearborn Heights, Michigan

87 months ago

I start at comcast monday as a comm tech on average what there yearly and monthly salary

Shelly in Hyde Park, Massachusetts

87 months ago

I start my training as a Customer Account Executive on the 30th.
The sucky part is I have to travel to New Hampshire (about an hour away) and stay at a hotel for the first two days of my training. Of course, the hotel and food is paid for but that's still a pain in my ass.
I also start at $12.25/hr.
- What do the customer account executives make around your area on average?
- Do all the Comcast employees get paid every two weeks?
- When do my benefits kick in?
- How do I go about tuition reimbursement? Are they a pain in the ass when it comes to that?

Thanks in advanced to anyone who can answer these questions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Laisha in Streamwood, Illinois

87 months ago

They called me today from comcast.. and i have to go tomorrow at 10;30am for some tests and etc.. a month? Ok. BUT they said my starting pay would be $14 dollars per hr. Wish me good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Great Falls, Virginia

87 months ago

I was wondering if anyone can tell me on average what a Direct Sales Position earns in Commission's through Comcast in a month?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Woodbridge, New Jersey

87 months ago

I am up for the position of Sr. Manager, Workplace Digital Voice in Philadelphia. What kind of Salary would this position get?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bagwell in Knoxville, Tennessee

87 months ago

Tiffany in Great Falls, Virginia said: I was wondering if anyone can tell me on average what a Direct Sales Position earns in Commission's through Comcast in a month?

It depends on what you sale. Everything has a rate say Digital Cable $10.00, Say phone service $20.00 Say extra cable channels
$5.00 each These are examples not actual amounts

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Bagwell in Knoxville, Tennessee said: It depends on what you sale. Everything has a rate say Digital Cable $10.00, Say phone service $20.00 Say extra cable channels
$5.00 each These are examples not actual amounts

So would it be far to say that you could make an extra $300-$400($1200-$1600)+ a week in commissions or is that saying too much or too little.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Bagwell in Knoxville, Tennessee

87 months ago

You could say that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Drew in MD in Beltsville, Maryland said: As with any sales position, be sure you know how much of expected earning is base pay and how much is performance-based.
Good luck.

I know that I get a $20,000 base pay and they said I will make an additional $35,000+ in commission my first year. Again can anyone verify this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.