Comcast Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 198 of 198)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

mdc76082 in Littleton, Colorado

12 months ago

StaceyD in Lakewood, Washington said: I was contacted by a recruiter to apply for a CAE 3 inbound call sales rep. I was advised that this position has the potential to do 60-80k a year. My past work history consists of aggressive cell phone sales, with 2 years working at RadioShack, 2 years at Wireless Advocatea (cell phone kiosk that does 500-600 activations a month), and corporate AT&T. They informed me it would be 4 weeks paid training at a little under 21$ an hour, two weeks on the call floor paid at the same rate, then base pay falls slightly under 11$. My base pay from my previous employers had been around 11-12$, with my ability to double and triple it with commissions. It sounds tempting-but I keep hearing of the turn over rate of past employees and horrible management, and how you can't make this much, etc. I am on the border line of deciding between working for a cell phone carrier again or Comcast . I have sold comcast competitors before in RadioShack and wireless advocates. And I have done door to door with Comcast a few months-just hated the rain in Washington and left. I feel highly comfortable selling cell phones and can have a doable and realistic salary between 40-55k full time a year; but corporations are on hiring freezes, and since the launch of the iPhone is this weekend they are definitely taking their time in getting back to me. Tmobile is offering me a part time job of 20 hours or less-that won't make me pay my mortgage even if I made 20-30$ an hour on commission! Comcast does sound promising-but then it is me walking into the darkness into another realm of sales. I just don't want it to be disappointing. And what are people's experience in the call center ? Is it boring, how do you keep focused, what drives you through this repetition every day?

Just like everyone else StacyD, when you leave one job to start another, you start at the bottom and work your way up. That's the American way! Nobody ever said life's a cakewalk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

alew in Wilmington, Delaware

11 months ago

Rub3n in Miami, Florida said: Thank you. I start on monday the Comcast university for the commtech 1 position. My boss explained that I could reach commtech 3 within a year. To me this sounds great, the benefits and the pay are very reasonable, especially for a 21 year old student with a high school degree for now. I worked in McDonalds for a year when I was 16 to get work experience getting paid 7.15/ hr . The people who are really comparing these positions have no idea what they are talking about. I was also told that commtech 5 employees earn more than 20/hr. Hope it all goes well, cheers.

so where are you at now? tect 1, 2, 3? how much per hour if you dont mind me asking. i recently applied for commtech1 but would be giving up my current full time job at 18 an hour (may sound crazy but there is litterally NO room to make more money at the job i am at)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

JimmyRnj in Swedesboro, New Jersey said: In South Jersey it was a 5% bump or a minimum of $18 per hour, whichever was more. This was maybe 3 years or more ago.

how long to get to commtech4?

Alew in Wilmington, Delaware

11 months ago

JimmyRnj in Swedesboro, New Jersey said: Started in Vineland, NJ in Feb. 2007 at $12.85 at a comm tech 2. I am now a Comm Tech 5 and make $23.85.

How long to become a tech 4? I'm thinking of changing careers. I currently make 18per hour at a print shop, I understand I won't START that high but would like to know how soon I could progress to 18 per hr

CCT4 in Florida

10 months ago

The truth is that Comcast does not take its service tech employees very serious, I started a little over 13 years ago making $9.00 per hr and am currently making over $20. what you have to understand is that we were acquired by Comcast when Adelphia went bankrupt and ALL the major raises I got were through Adelphia NOT COMCAST. you start at about $12 per hr and can look forward MAYBE a huge 3% raise per year, so it would take 20 years to get where i'm at now, (if you keep your numbers up) by numbers I mean repeat service calls, trouble calls on installs, home certifications . The problem with this is the odds are stacked against you, YOU are responsible for every negative action on the residence for 30 days AFTER YOU LEAVE, so if lightning hits the house within 30 days of your service call YOU are held accountable, drop cut by someone YOU, Comcast customer service rep screws up the account YOU, rate code mysteriously falls off the account YOU, equipment goes bad (which happens all the time) YOU, random area problem YOU, problem at the main hub YOU, customer can't figure out the remote YOU, ANYTHING that goes wrong within 30 days is your fault in their eyes and ALL of it goes against YOUR raise. Then numbers are set to a point that it is near impossible to make them, you pretty much bang your head against the wall all day long if you are a good technician because Comcast wont fix things but they are more than happy you punish you for the things you are trying to get fixed. you are eligible to take a course for the next tech level 6 months after you have been in the level you are at (I believe), if you pass it comes with a 6 or 7% raise (I believe). They can deny your request to take a course if they don't need any more techs at the next level. ATT techs in the same area make about $8-$10 more per hr for far less work and about the same treatment. The Benefits are good, paid vacation/sick time free cable/internet cheap phone, they do have tons of perks so I cant comp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

So it seems if you bwere inbmy position you wouldnt leave wjere im at to GO TO COMCAST

bwallace in Houston, Texas

9 months ago

I was offered a position at Comcast the other day and I start on the 30th. but i have a few questions that leave me pondering at the end of the day. I've read through almost all of the comments left in the discussion from over 78 months ago to the very last date. 1.I start of at 12.84 is the pay hourly? or salary pay as in you have a fixed amount that you take home biweekly + overtime? 2.I know that I will do well in the position because i am a techie. What are the bonuses like? im asking because i am super competitive when it comes to money. 3 are the train checks lousy?

72000 in Jackson, Mississippi

8 months ago

I was offered a position with Comcast on last week as a Customer Account Executive-IP Support (Video)and I'm currently waiting on my background check to be completed. Anyway, I was told $11.00 per hour with 5% bonus. My question is what is the 5% based on? Thank you for any comments.

keshafa in Smyrna, Georgia

8 months ago

72000 in Jackson, Mississippi said: I was offered a position with Comcast on last week as a Customer Account Executive-IP Support (Video)and I'm currently waiting on my background check to be completed. Anyway, I was told $11.00 per hour with 5% bonus. My question is what is the 5% based on? Thank you for any comments.

Do you get the offer letter after the background and drug screening come back. The offered me the job the day of the interview but said that I would receive an offer letter as well but I haven't yet.

72000 in Forest, Mississippi

8 months ago

No. Not yet.

Comcast line tech in Chicago, Illinois

6 months ago

Well I can speak on Chicago, IL pay scale. Tech opts. Starting pay for a technician is $13.75 and hour well you are training about 3 months. Then at your 6 months if you pass all the classes you make comtech 3 = $16.75 and the entire time you have a take home van. All of the center all division is home garaged. Comcast pays for fuel, clothing, tools, boots, I phone, any thing the job requires comcast gives you. After 6 months of being a comtech 3. You can take comtech 4 witch takes you to $18.25 an hour. After that as of right now merit increases are any were from 1 - 6%. Of you annuale pay every year depends on self performance most techs are in the 3% rang. I have gotten 6% the last couple if years it is not hard, you just have to like working and enjoy what you are doing. Every quarter you get a bonus of up to 5% of your quarterly earnings, more over time the bigger it gets, com tech 4's. CCT4 top out is 30.00 hour, NCT4.= line tech starting $22.50. Top Out 35.00. NCT5.= top out is 38.00 and NCT 6= don't know not there yet that is head end and fiber. Comcast is a good company to work for I started in 2003 in Indianapolis at 10.75 an hour. I now make 28.63 an hour and just made line tech. Last year 72,000 and some change. Some of the guys on my team are maxed out and some have been here longer than me making less than me. Comcast is a self permitting company if you understand how to self permote you will do fine if you don't care and are lazy then the pay will reflect. The insurance is good, you get a lot of discounts on cell phone providers, cars, wells Fargo, 4% matched 401k, Roth, stocks, weight watchers, gym member ships, travel, mortgages, finance, legal, apple, dell, electronics. And you have the ability to transfer just about any were in the US because we are in almost every state. As long as there is an opening. Or other departments, comcast believes in development, but there is a lot of politics. Pay is diff in diff city's

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Don't get me wrong comcast is not perfect, if your manager or supervisor sucks your time under them will suck, but it is not forever I have been though 5 supervisors, 6 managers 2 directors, and 3 VPs higher than that and I don't keep track. Change is always happing, you have to adapt quick and move on if you don't it make for a rough time. Com-tech levels are minimum and if your over it is 5% the CCT4 is the only 10%, 5 written and 5 practical. Supervisors start at $67,000 salary with bonuses. Every position in comcast is negotiable that's a huge reason they don't have set Pay scale for anyone above com tech 4 in tech opts. Even moving to line tech is negotiable. Now there are those who do get screwed that are coming over from a merger, or a union shop. Comcast is majority non union, 2% of comcast is union I believe was the last number that came out. Don't get me wrong I am not agents unions and I am not pro union, witch is odd because almost every one of my family members is union trades man. But it just depends on who your management team is and how you market your self to them. And how serious you take your job. Comcast can be a great place to work or a not so great place. Best if luck to who ever applies. I have installed all of your products from residential to Commercail Video, HSI, CDV, Alarms, MDTA, ATX, Q2Q, mini MDTA, BVE, PRI, SIP trunking, Wireless, currently 2 months ago I promoted to NCT 4 line tech. I enjoy what I do. And the products are the best when they first come out from a tech stand point, if you like to try new things and find out what work and doesn't work. Because most of the time products are released to us and the customers and we have to install and trouble shoot with little to no training on the products because they are still building training modules well it is being deployed. It is fun if you make it fun. But this only pertains to the Chicago region, I work in Chicago south and love it. The top comment is part of this

chefced in Detroit, Michigan

6 months ago

Just finished initial phone interview and assessment tests for comcast. Should be getting a call for face to face interview this week. I am concerned. I have been unemployed for 6months after the last business i worked for closed it's doors for good. During that time, I fell behind on child support payments and I now have a failure to pay child support (felony) on my record. Will that bar me from employment, and how far back does the background check go? And please, no self righteous comments about, how i should never have fell behind on support, or how i'm a "deadbeat" because i fell behind on my payments, ya-da-ya-da-ya-da. You know who you are, that one person out there who is unblemished by sin, mistakes, debt,or hard times, (yeah right). Let's be free from negativity in 2014. I don't want to hear it. I just want a job so I can get back on my feet, and catch up on child support amongst other things. So again please, if you have "helpful information" regarding my question i would be happy to hear from you. Thanks again

memyselfandI in Detroit, Michigan

6 months ago

I am pretty sure it goes back ten years. I just went through the process and I start Monday. You are able to call once you have the contact info for your background check to give them whatever info you may need to supplement your case. I hope it works out for you.

memyselfandI in Detroit, Michigan

6 months ago

As a CAE Retention, do you receive bonuses, what are they based on, and how soon do you receive your first raise?

chefced in Detroit, Michigan

6 months ago

memyselfandI in Detroit, Michigan said: I am pretty sure it goes back ten years. I just went through the process and I start Monday. You are able to call once you have the contact info for your background check to give them whatever info you may need to supplement your case. I hope it works out for you.

Thank You

me myself and i in Ionia, Michigan

6 months ago

Did you get the interview or job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angel in Chicago, Illinois

5 months ago

I received a call from Comcast recruiter, I've had an over the phone interview, I've taken the assessment. I was told the starting pay is $11 for a Retail Sales Rep plus commission. Can anyone tell me if the base pay is negotiable and what does the commission structure consist of, do u receive it monthly and a ballpark figure of how much u can potentially earn when hitting ur numbers.
Thank you

Dr E. in Vancouver, Washington

5 months ago

Angel did you get the job? And if so what were the commissions like? I am waiting for my interview now, would like to know what actual pay is for the Retail Sales Rep position

Angel in Chicago, Illinois

5 months ago

Dr. E,

I had the interview Friday morning, it went well waiting on response from them they told me 10 days or less. I asked the question abt commission she really couldn't answer it. If I find out smthg before u get hired I'll post again.

Good luck on ur interview!

fingerlakestech in rochester, New York

4 months ago

Time Warner Tech here. I have a question for current Comcast Techs since it looks like I will be working for Comcast now. Does Comcast offer a pension like Time Warner? Do techs work weekends or evening shifts? how late?

72000 in Pearl, Mississippi

4 months ago

I work in the call center and the latest I've ever scheduled an appointment for customer was for 9pm. Comcast is open 24/7 365. So everyday except your two off days.

cableguy in Fulton, New York

4 months ago

fingerlakestech in rochester, New York said: Time Warner Tech here. I have a question for current Comcast Techs since it looks like I will be working for Comcast now. Does Comcast offer a pension like Time Warner? Do techs work weekends or evening shifts? how late?

I'd like to here about vacation times. I don't believe they have a pension plan. There are a lot of Time Warner employees looking to ask questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Comcast line tech in Valparaiso, Indiana

4 months ago

It depends on the system and market. I have worked both Indianapolis and currently in the Chicago market.. And they are totally different from a management stand point even tho we are so close. We are two different markets. Chichi market, depends on if your shop is 4 days 10 hours, or if your 5 days 8 hours. Vacation, holidays, flex, floating holidays are all based on 8 hour shifts. Yes most shifts on the 10 hours will be sun- wed, wed- sat, mon-tuse / fri-sat, mon-thurs. 8 hour shifts run sun-thurs, mon-fri, tues-sat. Vacation is 2 weeks, 5 years + 3 weeks, 10years + 4 weeks, and 25 years+ 5 weeks. Everyone has 60 hours of sick days, and and 24 hours of floating holidays because comcast doesn't honor all holidays only the major ones witch in the Chicago market is the day before if you are already off. Union shops are differnt it is what's in your contract, and when you come over to comcast if your office stays union or not will depend on what your work hours are and what not's as far as perks. No pentions but that Could be something you will have if your union, non union shops 95% of comcast. Have a 401k that is matched at upto 4%, Roth IRA, stock options. Just remember every thing is navigable in this company. A lot of what your office is now will remain the same for a while, the management for your area will determan shifts, hours, ECT... They have been pushing a company of one for a couple of years but we are a long way off. A lot of this is in my post just above this. We are happy to the the Time Warner guys come over. Metric wise, chicago is unfiltered numbers. Fulfillment techs trouble calls less than 8%, installs 8%, 95% on time, 85% productive "85-120 points a day. 1point=5minutes". Home cert compliance 95% passing 90%.
VOD compliant 95%. Safty 100% "everything is preventable". Line tech metrics "is scored on a scale of 1-5 in each catatgory =. Repeat line calls <2%, plant intgarty PPI 96% , productivity 90%,

4 months ago

Outage repair < 1 hour, line call repair time < 3 hours, interruptions <30 minutes. PPI "plant performance index". Is pretty hard to accomplish, comcast doesn't rebuild systems, retro fits systems. So PPI is based on plant faults, node health, flux Heath, and errors. Everything that line techs use will be on watch tower, scout, scout flux, error reaper, path trac, XOC site, XOC is Dispach for line techs, and FTC's are Dispach for fulfillment techs and they will use "tech net " and tech portal. 1 hour lunch when ever you can fit it in, fulfillment techs are home garaged so you will get a job when you finish a job, every few shops still staticly route the whole day. They have a new GPS system that they are installing in trucks and trying to launch automated Dispach witch will route jobs to you basded on how close you are to the jobs in the pool. It shouldn't be to different, I am fussing that they will do another change soon and creat another division, right now we have three East, Centeral, West coast. A lot of the stuff can be found in the post that is a couple above this one.

4 months ago

Everything Negotiable & the company is ever changing, things change over night and some change over years.

cableguy in Austin, Texas

4 months ago

Sounds pretty much like TWC. We can save sick time up to 520 hours. Pretty much everything else sounds like standard business. I guess we'll see how it plays out. Glad to join the team.

ohiomen in Akron, Ohio

4 months ago

hey question for line tech do u guys have 3rd shif....we do with twc for line tech

4 months ago

On we only run 8-5 any outages, market Heath, jobs that come in after 5 the on call guys pick up. Currently we run 2 guys 24 hr on call unless it is a Friday and then you and your partner run Friday, sat, sun. Oncall pay is 40 a night. But each sup gets to run there team how they feel it should. Because the other line tech sups in the office run 24 hours rotation only, the other sup runs one week. And 30 mile north of us they only work mon-Friday and any line calls and outages or market Heath that come in on the weekends is picked up by the oncall guys for overtime. So each sup or team runs a little different. I haven't ever seen a 3rd shift myself. And there is only 2 guys I know out of the 45 line techs at our office that run 2nd shift. Just to make every one aware, comcast has let all of the construction techs go, at least in the Chicago markets, and heartland regions Indianapolis to Detroit. We to lite construction and contract the rest out. Incase TWC has construction teams.

dirty in Charlotte, North Carolina

4 months ago

Comcast line tech in Valparaiso, Indiana said: On we only run 8-5 any outages, market Heath, jobs that come in after 5 the on call guys pick up. Currently we run 2 guys 24 hr on call unless it is a Friday and then you and your partner run Friday, sat, sun. Oncall pay is 40 a night. But each sup gets to run there team how they feel it should. Because the other line tech sups in the office run 24 hours rotation only, the other sup runs one week. And 30 mile north of us they only work mon-Friday and any line calls and outages or market Heath that come in on the weekends is picked up by the oncall guys for overtime. So each sup or team runs a little different. I haven't ever seen a 3rd shift myself. And there is only 2 guys I know out of the 45 line techs at our office that run 2nd shift. Just to make every one aware, comcast has let all of the construction techs go, at least in the Chicago markets, and heartland regions Indianapolis to Detroit. We to lite construction and contract the rest out. Incase TWC has construction teams.

we are working 3rd shift right now

Focused in Chicago, Illinois

4 months ago

Would you take a paycut to switch industries?

ohiomen in Akron, Ohio

4 months ago

question for comcast line tech....with twc linetechs are MT1 MT2 MT3....do u guys have tech4 and tech5 or is just tech4 for line tech

4 months ago

Line techs are NCT4, and NCT5 top out is a couple post up. All matence techs do the same things NCT5 was just for a pay raise. That is at least how it is in chicago different part so the country might be a little different

lilredhairedgirl in Columbia, Tennessee

3 months ago

What are the paydates? I know it's every two weeks, but is payday this Friday or was it last Friday? I start Monday as a RSE 2. My husband says i can't buy new patio furniture until my first paycheck. :-\ thanks!

3 months ago

This Friday

dpearman in Madison, Wisconsin

3 months ago

CAEIII in Puyallup, Washington said: Hey Stacy. I'm working at the Fife center and make 80-100 a year. There is virtually no risk of being fired. They respect you here. Is it boring at times? Maybe, but its a job. I hope you decided to apply - this is a BIG step up from selling cell phones.

Are you serious?? I've got a face to face interview scheduled for a CAE II, at the Fife location. Is the salary you posted even remotely still accurate?

Thanks

Marjorie Brown in Arlington, Virginia

3 months ago

Jess_TN in Knoxville, Tennessee said: Do you know what the medical premiums are for a family of 3? We currently pay approx $400.00/month with my husband's employer. I think that is crazy! You can almost get Cobra for that with the same coverage we have. I am hoping Comcast is much cheaper with better coverage. Thanks!

Jess I worked there and for family of 3 benefits are at least $400/month... cobra was $1500 when I left!

3 months ago

Marjorie Brown in Arlington, Virginia said: Jess I worked there and for family of 3 benefits are at least $400/month... cobra was $1500 when I left!

I pay 480 ish a month I have a family of six and that's bluecross and Paynow with the better dental and vision plans as well as life insurance for everyone and the extra stuff.

2 months ago

Ketsia Antoine in Brooklyn, New York said: I just recently had a phone interview for a consultant position and the recruiter stated there will be approximately 50% of traveling. Can anyone tell me their experiences with traveling with comcast and if they had a good work/life balance while traveling? TIA

I have talked with one consultant for call centers before, we were both in Atlanta on a business trip, they covered the Centeral America call centers. They enjoyed it a lot of course they didn't have a family and they look at it as a lot of mini vacations. But they were almost always on the road. A lot of travling. Didn't ask if they got a P card to use, but my experience with travling with Comcast, you book your plane, rental car, and hotels though Comcast business travels and then luggage, and the extras that are out of pocket you sumit though T & E via online with the recipe. And then your Who ever you report to will approve it. And you will see it on your next check. At least that is how it worked for me the few times they flew me to Atlanta to the central division corporate office. But with any job when I was doing my internship for management which I with drew from to take my current job, it was 24-7 and I am a bit of a workaholic so if you can take it home I will, found my self working from about 5 am to 9pm on work days and at least a couple hours each day it was off to wrap the week up and to par-pare for the up coming week. I couldn't find the happy meaden for my family. One of the biggest reasons I took the job I have now. Of course I had direct reports working 7 days a week. So good luck, there are a lot of people that can just shut it off when they walk out I am not one of those. Hope you get the job and enjoy it.

RTJ in Alsip, Illinois

2 months ago

I had an interview on Friday at 1:30 pm for an XHS DSR position and I feel it went pretty good. I previously worked for an Xfinity Authorized Retailer so I familiar with the services of Xfinity. How long does it take to hear back from them. Should I contact the recruiter and ask? How long is the hiring process after being informed that you are hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

2 months ago

RTJ in Alsip, Illinois said: I had an interview on Friday at 1:30 pm for an XHS DSR position and I feel it went pretty good. I previously worked for an Xfinity Authorized Retailer so I familiar with the services of Xfinity. How long does it take to hear back from them. Should I contact the recruiter and ask? How long is the hiring process after being informed that you are hired?

Wish I knew, but I do know that each position is different, I have heard early as a couple days but could take a Month. Internal positions I have waited on for a few month after posting, interviews, and for them to make the Finle call. Never hurts to ask. If you do more interviews make sure you stay customer focused and satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is huge right now.

RTJ in Palos Hills, Illinois

2 months ago

Thanks. I actually received an email from Comcast directly informing me that I didn't get the position. I contacted the recruiter and she informed me that she has not yet received any feedback from my interview. That the email I got might be a form letter. Has anyone ever been in this situation?

JDH in Penn Valley, California

2 months ago

Just wanted to share my experience. I was in construction , made good money at times for really physically demanding work . Got hurt and had Zero insurance or support .. i applied at comcast and was hired @$13.50 for 6 months training then put me in the field and gave me $15.?? to install their Video services (hooking up cable boxes) After about 6 months they sent me back to CU for 2 weeks and did some ride along to learn the Internet side. giving me a $1.50 raise, plus the annual merit i was around $16.90 . About a year of later I went back and learned the Phone side putting me at $18.67.. Any ways I have been with them for 5 1/2 years and make $22.06,, Its really easy work and i know that in 10 years from now ill be gainfully employed . As my director said in his 18years he has never fired someone on performance basis. Security is hard to find these day

Ahmed Deeb in Minnesota, Minnesota

2 months ago

Guys please READ ME !!!

Please Please Please,,,, think smart, recruiters at Comcast make it look like the company that you will never find better to work for. I have applied at Comcast for a Comm-tech position here in Minnesota, and 2 days later i got a phone interview, passed that then i was invited for an initial interview with 2 Supervisors. They told me at the interview that the position pays $13.00. since i did not have a job at the time i didn't have a choice but to accept it, just to live. Then one of the supervisors told me that i will hear from them by the end of the week.... two weeks passed and i haven't heard from them( in the mean time i was also searching and looking for a job). i did find a job pays me way more than COMCAST which i suggest please look/search you will find something way better than 11 or 13 with a local or big company... it does not have to be a corporate. Finally i did call Comcast myself and told the recruiter please REMOVE MY NAME OF THE LIST. because ALL YOUR COMMERCIALS AND HIRING PROCESS BASED ON HONESTY..and you guys just proof to me that you are NOT

***bottom line***.

Please go search around, ask Staffing agencies, look on indeed, linked-in, monster or even ask a friend and so much more. i know economy is tough but I'm sure you will find something way better than falls promises( like free Cable= which is untrue)

Thanks

Ahmed Deeb in Minnesota, Minnesota

2 months ago

Ahmed Deeb in Minnesota, Minnesota said: Guys please READ ME !!!

Please Please Please,,,, think smart, recruiters at Comcast make it look like the company that you will never find better to work for. I have applied at Comcast for a Comm-tech position here in Minnesota, and 2 days later i got a phone interview, passed that then i was invited for an initial interview with 2 Supervisors. They told me at the interview that the position pays $13.00. since i did not have a job at the time i didn't have a choice but to accept it, just to live. Then one of the supervisors told me that i will hear from them by the end of the week.... two weeks passed and i haven't heard from them( in the mean time i was also searching and looking for a job). i did find a job pays me way more than COMCAST which i suggest please look/search you will find something way better than 11 or 13 with a local or big company... it does not have to be a corporate. Finally i did call Comcast myself and told the recruiter please REMOVE MY NAME OF THE LIST. because ALL YOUR COMMERCIALS AND HIRING PROCESS BASED ON HONESTY..and you guys just proof to me that you are NOT

***bottom line***.

Please go search around, ask Staffing agencies, look on indeed, linked-in, monster or even ask a friend and so much more. i know economy is tough but I'm sure you will find something way better than falls promises( like free Cable= which is untrue)

Thanks

OR EVEN CRAIGSLIST:)
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

2 months ago

Well, to each their own. I don't really agree with the last post, but every one will have different experiences. I would recommend this company as I have for 6 of my friends. When you start out in a front line position you can't expect to make great money with no experience. I would say for a non-management position and non labor intense, & getting trained plus a company vehicle at 13.75 to start is not bad, it's not great but not that bad, if you read the pay scales further up it is competitive pay, for the non-union telecommunication industry. Now if you want to talk about sales, management, labor intense positions are all different and to they have a different starting pay. When comparing jobs keep it in the same field. If you have a degree, there are better positions out there then a communication tech, if you are great at sales there are better things to sell than telecommunication. But if you like telecommunication and like working out side and not out to make six figures a year than you might like to be a communications tech. And working for a corporation does have its draw back but does have its advantages. More positions to move to. Comcast does believe in development and hiring internally. About the only positions that I see them bring people in from outside the company is at a divisional corporate level and above. With that said I do believe that we only hired 35% of outside people into corporate that didn't come up though the ranks some how, in the last 4 years. I could be wrong on the percent but it's right around there I want to say. So all an all I hope that your experiences is better than the one with the post above mine. Do keep in mine that I am only in the Chicago market and each market runs a little different but I do talk to people in other markets that I have meet in meetings, training courses, development programs, all over. Good luck people!!

Michelle in Knoxville, Tennessee

22 days ago

Well a bit disappointed. I have gone through the first interview, assessments and such was told I would be doing a phone interview, this was Monday. Tuesday I call the gentleman to tell him I had not received an email yet, he says it's coming. A few hours later he calls and says the interview has changed and now I would be doing a video interview and instructions would be coming via email. On Wednesday I get a call confirming my interview for Thursday from another rep. I called her back and informed her I was told it was cancelled and changed to a video interview and I still had not received the email. She reviewed my information and realized it had there was a typo in my email address and contacted the original gentleman to let him know. He never called me to let me know what was going on so I finally got in touch with the recruiter and she is looking into. I really need this job and benefits for my family. I am beside myself with this situation. What do you have to do to correct an email and resend? Oh wait I just got a call, they resent it and it came back to them. They still had my email wrong. Ugh. I hope it gets better from here.

Shemeher in Dearborn, Michigan

17 days ago

Can anyone tell me when the next pay period ends? Or better yet the next payday?? I will be starting soon but I need to know the date now to set up arrangements outside of Comcast. Thanks ahead of time!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.