Comcast background check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 89)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

coolilboi in Oakland, California

67 months ago

Okay, I am really nerves and scared. Comcast is doing a background check on me. This is fine but i need to verify my income for a job. I don't know if i put done what i made or thought i made. I don't want them to think i lied. I might have put down more then i actually made. I just found out i made 9.50. I thought for sure I made more then that. Stupid i know because its on my pay stubs but i just cashed my checks. What do i do? What should i tell them? OMG help. I really need this job and i didn't lie on purpose. I really believed it to be true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

coe in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

67 months ago

They will call you and give you a chance to set things straight if there is a problem. I spoke to the company that does the check a few times.

I was offered a job with Comcast as a CAE inbound sales? Anyone know any details about the job? Are the commissions good. Are they very strict? The process was very smooth and easy. First the test, then an HR interview, then an interview with a supervisor and a manager the same day

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

phillyresume

67 months ago

I only heard that on this forum, i guess it depends on what kind of position you've had before and how tough the jobs you had were. CAE. Do you feel that they needed the w2 to varify employment or the pay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

I spoke with the guy asking for the paystub and he assured me it wasn't for the amount earned, only that you did indeed work there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

osa in NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey

67 months ago

i am going for an interview and testing in cablevision as acustomer service rep and i was told there will be a basic math skill test,can any one help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

phillyresume

67 months ago

coe in Cherry Hill, New Jersey said: I spoke with the guy asking for the paystub and he assured me it wasn't for the amount earned, only that you did indeed work there

Can I update something on my application? like a date

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

phillyresume

67 months ago

osa in NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey said: i am going for an interview and testing in cablevision as acustomer service rep and i was told there will be a basic math skill test,can any one help

How come your not taking the test online?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

The test is easy, very basic. I went for inbound sales probably the same test. I understand they will give you a chance to explain any discrepencies

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

i did the phone interview and was told to come in for final interview and testing which includes typing skills and basic math test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

phillyresume

67 months ago

coe in Cherry Hill, New Jersey said: The test is easy, very basic. I went for inbound sales probably the same test. I understand they will give you a chance to explain any discrepencies

The test was easy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

coe in Cherry Hill, New Jersey said: The test is easy, very basic. I went for inbound sales probably the same test. I understand they will give you a chance to explain any discrepencies

can you give me a hint on exactly what to expect

67 months ago

osa in NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey said: can you give me a hint on exactly what to expect

how many wpm are they looking for in typing and how basic is the math

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

I didn't have to type on my test. Just the assessment, and basic knowledge test The math is simole word problems. If you can add and divide it will be no problem

phillyresume

67 months ago

expect to be FAST. your only are given a brief time to do each section. If your bad under pressure, it will be tough.

67 months ago

thank so much

phillyresume

67 months ago

coe in Cherry Hill, New Jersey said: I didn't have to type on my test. Just the assessment, and basic knowledge test The math is simole word problems. If you can add and divide it will be no problem

Did you take your test online or at comcast

67 months ago

phillyresume said: expect to be FAST. your only are given a brief time to do each section. If your bad under pressure, it will be tough.

do you work there or u've gone on an interview as an inbound customer service rep?

67 months ago

This is true the sections are timed. Just go in relaxed and you will be fine

phillyresume

67 months ago

applied for customer service rep

phillyresume

67 months ago

my interview is next week I already did all my testing.

phillyresume

67 months ago

i think we need to chill. Do you know what we should be doing? We should continue sending our resumes out to other jobs instead of sitting on pins and needles. Even if you get to the training, guess what? there's more tests and not everyone makes it through there.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

phillyresume

67 months ago

I wonder why some people go in for the test and others do it online

67 months ago

Very True. I hear they are hard to work for. But the way things are now , a job is a job

phillyresume

67 months ago

coe in Cherry Hill, New Jersey said: Very True. I hear they are hard to work for. But the way things are now , a job is a job

Since my interview is next week can I update a date on my application without them noticing it.

67 months ago

You can update anything on your online application up until they start the backround check. When they offered me the job they told me to go online and change anything that needed to be changed

phillyresume

67 months ago

coe in Cherry Hill, New Jersey said: You can update anything on your online application up until they start the backround check. When they offered me the job they told me to go online and change anything that needed to be changed

Do you think they are understanding about changing information?

67 months ago

Can't say for sure, but I don't think they would have told me to make changes if it was a problem.

67 months ago

coe in Cherry Hill, New Jersey said: I spoke with the guy asking for the paystub and he assured me it wasn't for the amount earned, only that you did indeed work there

Okay so know I don't know whats going to happen. I sent them my W2 form for the job they were asking about and then she e-mails me letting me know that there is a hold on my dmv record for not appearing in court. I e-mailed her right back saying that I took care of this today (which is the same day she told me about it). It should be off my record now is what i told her. But before that she says that she will try to let me know by the end of today if I will be cleared to start training on Monday. It's 4:55 pm and she hasn't sent me an e-mail. What happens if i'm not cleared by monday? Will i start training late or not at all? ITs for comm tech 1. OMG I need this job.

phillyresume

67 months ago

coolilboi in Oakland, California said: Okay so know I don't know whats going to happen. I sent them my W2 form for the job they were asking about and then she e-mails me letting me know that there is a hold on my dmv record for not appearing in court. I e-mailed her right back saying that I took care of this today (which is the same day she told me about it). It should be off my record now is what i told her. But before that she says that she will try to let me know by the end of today if I will be cleared to start training on Monday. It's 4:55 pm and she hasn't sent me an e-mail. What happens if i'm not cleared by monday? Will i start training late or not at all? ITs for comm tech 1. OMG I need this job.

did she call

67 months ago

yes she did and everything is fine. except i can't start without my ssn card so i might have to wait till the next training. also for the test all u need to do is know fractions and decimals . know how to add, subtract, multiply them. the key to passing is to answer the easy ones. its not about how many you answer its about getting them right. on one page i only answered 2. good luck.

Msmmns S in everett, Washington

67 months ago

I have a second/call back interview on Th. for a call center tech. rep. I'm a little worried about the drug screening. I understand they do the 10 panel screening, and due to a medical condition and the medicines I take for it, I'll show up has positive on 2 of their categories. I'm on pain meds. and diazepam for muscle spasms. I can provide legal documentation proving I'm on the medication legally, but does anyone know if they'll have a problem employing me while being on these medications?

phillyresume

67 months ago

Msmmns S in everett, Washington said: I have a second/call back interview on Th. for a call center tech. rep. I'm a little worried about the drug screening. I understand they do the 10 panel screening, and due to a medical condition and the medicines I take for it, I'll show up has positive on 2 of their categories. I'm on pain meds. and diazepam for muscle spasms. I can provide legal documentation proving I'm on the medication legally, but does anyone know if they'll have a problem employing me while being on these medications?

If it's something like an opiod,then Im sorry to say that almost nobody wants to hire someone on pain meds. Most people on pain meds on a continuing basis are on them because of addiction rather then the pain itself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

wait till they give you the paper Work to go get tested cause at that point the want you. then tell them. it should b fine.there laid back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

To phillyresume... I'm sorry to see such a comment, which is born out of ignorance and cultural stigma. If you do any research on the subject, you'll find that most studies indicate that people who are on prescribed pain meds for a chronic condition DO NOT become addicts. I'm talking about people w/valid medical conditions. Multiple studies have proven that around 90% of pain management patients use their medication responsibly and do not meet the psychological criteria of addiction. Yes, there are people out there who abuse pain meds the same way the abuse alcohol and other intoxicants, but people w/ legitimate illnesses who manage their pain in this manner almost never abuse, and after a very short time no longer experience any kind of high from their MEDICINE. It's folly and arrogance to suggest that MOST people on pain meds take them because of addiction rather than medical necessity.
And to cooliboi... from your mouth (our typing fingers as it were) to God's ears

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

phillyresume

67 months ago

Msmmns S in everett, Washington said: To phillyresume... I'm sorry to see such a comment, which is born out of ignorance and cultural stigma. If you do any research on the subject, you'll find that most studies indicate that people who are on prescribed pain meds for a chronic condition DO NOT become addicts. I'm talking about people w/valid medical conditions. Multiple studies have proven that around 90% of pain management patients use their medication responsibly and do not meet the psychological criteria of addiction. Yes, there are people out there who abuse pain meds the same way the abuse alcohol and other intoxicants, but people w/ legitimate illnesses who manage their pain in this manner almost never abuse, and after a very short time no longer experience any kind of high from their MEDICINE. It's folly and arrogance to suggest that MOST people on pain meds take them because of addiction rather than medical necessity.
And to cooliboi... from your mouth (our typing fingers as it were) to God's ears

Im just telling you how they are.......if you dont like it too bad

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

You are the one who sounds a little cranky my friend. You are the one who has turned personal and hateful. I have done the research into this issue, and if you had paid attention, you would have realized I made a distinction between truly ill people and drug seekers. You know nothing about my illness, or the fact that I've already given myself an ulcer trying to avoid taking the medication I am now on. And anyone who has been on pain meds for real pain knows that they don't make you high, they take away your pain. I've never done an illicit drug a single time in my life, and I don't even drink. I resent people like you making judgments about things you don't understand. And yes, I did ask the question, and it wasn't the the first part of your answer that bothered me (if my current health situation prevents me from getting this job, then it wasn't meant to be), it was the assumption that anyone taking a prescribed medication under carefully controlled circumstances is an addict. Educate yourself. Addiction is a strictly defined medical condition, of which physical dependence is just a single factor.

phillyresume

67 months ago

Msmmns S in everett, Washington said: You are the one who sounds a little cranky my friend. You are the one who has turned personal and hateful. I have done the research into this issue, and if you had paid attention, you would have realized I made a distinction between truly ill people and drug seekers. You know nothing about my illness, or the fact that I've already given myself an ulcer trying to avoid taking the medication I am now on. And anyone who has been on pain meds for real pain knows that they don't make you high, they take away your pain. I've never done an illicit drug a single time in my life, and I don't even drink. I resent people like you making judgments about things you don't understand. And yes, I did ask the question, and it wasn't the the first part of your answer that bothered me (if my current health situation prevents me from getting this job, then it wasn't meant to be), it was the assumption that anyone taking a prescribed medication under carefully controlled circumstances is an addict. Educate yourself. Addiction is a strictly defined medical condition, of which physical dependence is just a single factor.

whatever.....Im just telling you what I was told by a very high up exec at Comcast...........Their just not going to take a chance on someone on any kind of meds...So save your chatter,

phillyresume

67 months ago

Msmmns S in everett, Washington said: You are the one who sounds a little cranky my friend. You are the one who has turned personal and hateful. I have done the research into this issue, and if you had paid attention, you would have realized I made a distinction between truly ill people and drug seekers. You know nothing about my illness, or the fact that I've already given myself an ulcer trying to avoid taking the medication I am now on. And anyone who has been on pain meds for real pain knows that they don't make you high, they take away your pain. I've never done an illicit drug a single time in my life, and I don't even drink. I resent people like you making judgments about things you don't understand. And yes, I did ask the question, and it wasn't the the first part of your answer that bothered me (if my current health situation prevents me from getting this job, then it wasn't meant to be), it was the assumption that anyone taking a prescribed medication under carefully controlled circumstances is an addict. Educate yourself. Addiction is a strictly defined medical condition, of which physical dependence is just a single factor.

Im sorry to say, even if you have to have coffee every morning it can become an addiction, prove it to yourself and stop taking it for 3 days.....and if your in sooo much pain that you can't stop taking pain meds for 2 days then you don't belong working anyhow....... It is what it is.........

67 months ago

It is because of the pain meds that I am finally able to work. It's taken me 2 years of trial and error with different health regiments to become a functioning human being again. Should I be shunned for the fact that I also depend on acupuncture for other aspects of my health? Without that, I'd have no energy and be in even more pain, so I'm just as dependent on that as I am on my MEDICINE. And I do frequently go off my medication for 3-4 days at a time, it's called a drug holiday. Which is why when I don't take my meds I am in pain, but I suffer absolutely no withdrawal symptoms. And as I've already said there is a medical distinction between physical dependence and addiction. Addiction is a psychological need for the substance that leads acts of self destruction and even unlawfulness, physical dependence causes withdrawal symptoms (such as getting a caffeine headache when you skip your cup of coffee in the morning, or the DTs when you skip a drink.) I've finally come to a place where I can become a functioning member of society again, who are you to judge me on how I've achieved it?

67 months ago

If you truly want to know the facts surrounding the issue I ask just one thing: that you go to just one sight and read it. It covers much of what we have debated here, and is quite informative.
www.drug-rehabs.org/articles.php?aid=462
I apologize for any rancor on my part, I've just had a really tough couple of years in which my life has been on hold. I don't know whether you've had any such experience or not, but it's a terrible thing to have your body betray you, and know that there is little you can do about it. Then when you finally arrive at a place where you can move on with your life, and you know that the means by which you have done so is so harshly judge by society, it can leave you a little defensive to the attitudes of others. Especially in a society in which the brain chemically altering drugs such as anti-depressants and ritalin etc.. are passed out like candy, and are even more addictive, and harmful in the long term.

67 months ago

Interview went great, company has no problem w/medicine so long as I provide documentation that it's been legally prescribed...

67 months ago

AWESOME Good luck

67 months ago

Thank you coe, same to you!

Rickkee in York, Pennsylvania

66 months ago

How far back does Comcast go when doing background checks. I had a conviction 12 years ago but have sense held several reputable positions. Will comcast hold this against me. All help is appreciated.

Thanks

66 months ago

A lot of the time, state laws will dictate how far back a company can use a past criminal record against you. Here in Washington I believe it's something like 7 years (I've seen on some applications for nationwide companies that residents of some states don't even have to fill out the background check info). Whatever the case may be in PA, I highly doubt a conviction from more than a decade ago (unless it's really bad)would prevent you from getting a job you are otherwise qualified for. Have you had previous pre-employment background checks?

Rickkee in York, Pennsylvania

66 months ago

Msmmns S:

Thanks for the info, and ye I've had other pre-employment background checks. The problem occurs when you are interviewed over the phone by a recruiter. You want to be honest and being so ends the interview. I'm actually trying to find out what Comcast's policy is regarding convictions, not the recruiters. The recruiter may discontinue the interview to as a matter of its' own recruiting policy. On the otherhand Comcast has to have a policy with regard to felony convictions, i.e. how long ago, severity, etc.

cici rosemond in Decatur, Georgia

66 months ago

Hi, I am taking the test tomorrow at 8 am sharp!! and I wanted to kno if anyone knew the passcode or log in for the practice test????

daws79 in Cape Coral, Florida

66 months ago

I took the drug test and comcast said they will do a backgroung check, well it has been nine days and no call back. How long does comcast background check take? Do they wait till the last minute to let you know, the comcast school thing starts in three days.

66 months ago

I'm in my first week of training at Comcast, and I had to start my job w/o them having all their info yet. Their system was in the middle of a gray out, so they weren't able to receive information, or input it into their system. It was just lifted on Wed I think, so that's probably the reason for the delay. I wouldn't panic about it yet, because if they sent you for you testing and all that, they want you. They don't waste money on those things unless they intend to hire you (barring anything negative coming back)and if there was a problem, they would have sent you an email by now. If it takes too much longer for them to contact you, I would try to find the contact information for their hr dept., and shoot them an email or a call. Hope this helps

66 months ago

Msmmns S in everett, Washington said: I'm in my first week of training at Comcast, and I had to start my job w/o them having all their info yet. Their system was in the middle of a gray out, so they weren't able to receive information, or input it into their system. It was just lifted on Wed I think, so that's probably the reason for the delay. I wouldn't panic about it yet, because if they sent you for you testing and all that, they want you. They don't waste money on those things unless they intend to hire you (barring anything negative coming back)and if there was a problem, they would have sent you an email by now. If it takes too much longer for them to contact you, I would try to find the contact information for their hr dept., and shoot them an email or a call. Hope this helps

HI Msmmns S I am starting training for inside sales on Feb 9th. How is the training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.