Comcast background check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 96 of 96)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

sparkyklutz in Romulus, Michigan

74 months ago

Ok question for everyone... I know Comcast does a background check as does most places these days with a few exceptions. I was just wondering, will they reject you for having something on your record? Even if it has been almost five years? It's only a misdemeanor. Or should I wait until the five years is up and get it expunged off of my record before I apply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

daws79 in Cape Coral, Florida

74 months ago

Update!!!! Comcast finally called.I Got the job, start Comcast University monday.They really keep you wondering whats going on, but now it was all worth it! Good luck to all other comcast career seekers! I feel like I found a needle in a haystack during this economy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

vclsmith in San Jose, California

74 months ago

Comcast is hiring in FL. What about CA (bay area). How can you get hired if San Jose, CA. Any tips?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

vclsmith in San Jose, California

74 months ago

coolilboi in Oakland, California said: Okay, I am really nerves and scared. Comcast is doing a background check on me. This is fine but i need to verify my income for a job. I don't know if i put done what i made or thought i made. I don't want them to think i lied. I might have put down more then i actually made. I just found out i made 9.50. I thought for sure I made more then that. Stupid i know because its on my pay stubs but i just cashed my checks. What do i do? What should i tell them? OMG help. I really need this job and i didn't lie on purpose. I really believed it to be true.

Calm down. They don't check what you made before. Trust me. It's OK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Meesh D in San Francisco, California

73 months ago

coolilboi in Oakland, California said: Okay, I am really nerves and scared. Comcast is doing a background check on me. This is fine but i need to verify my income for a job. I don't know if i put done what i made or thought i made. I don't want them to think i lied. I might have put down more then i actually made. I just found out i made 9.50. I thought for sure I made more then that. Stupid i know because its on my pay stubs but i just cashed my checks. What do i do? What should i tell them? OMG help. I really need this job and i didn't lie on purpose. I really believed it to be true.

I just did the same thing and I am stressing off it. What ended up happening? Did they ever ask you about it? Did you get the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

almosthired in Portland, Oregon

73 months ago

I am freaking out. It has been a week and two days and they have a few questions about my background and I can't get ahold of them and I am supposed to start on Monday! Do I just show up? I know it has to be about misdemeanor stuff that happened 6 years ago. I need this job! Do they really only hire people with squeeky clean records? Mine was all alcohol/drug related, and I passed the UA so I should be good to go right? Anyone with similar experiences out there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

gogogo in Waterloo

72 months ago

ok so i got a conditional offer last week and am waiting to hear from my background check to clear, today i got a email saying welcome comcaster and congratulations on your new role! and it goes on saying about direct deposit and other things etc etc etc, and at the end it say again, welcome to comcast. Does this mean that my background check came back and im all set to start comcast universty?, thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

success

72 months ago

what happens if you changes dates and omited jobs on your resume- going for an interview- should I stress? And what is the difference between comcast residential and comcast business?
What can the annual salary be- I was told you could make 70K
IS THIS CORRECT INFORMATION?

Many thanks!!

MCE in Silver Spring, Maryland

66 months ago

How do companies verify education? I never petitioned for my associates but listed the school on my resume, and wasn't even thinking about it. I guess I could use transcripts?

Ms40 in Tomball, Texas

61 months ago

Hi, I got an email for a general information meeting and i attended. It was really more a career fair. I was given two interviews and was told they would like to hire but i have to pass a background and drug test. I written up for attendance (due to kids). Will this be on my background?

Ms40 in Tomball, Texas

61 months ago

Sorry about the grammer. I was written up for 6 months on my last job for attendance. Will this show on my background check.

Finally in Stockbridge, Georgia

61 months ago

Ms40 in Tomball, Texas said: Sorry about the grammer. I was written up for 6 months on my last job for attendance. Will this show on my background check.

No that wont show up on any background check. Do yourself a favor and stop worrying about it. Background check depends on the state laws where you live. Most only check criminal and job history.

If there are any gaps in your employment history they will/should call to have you explain the gaps.

I was worried just like all of you are, but I got the offer and job and have been in training for weeks now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ms40 in Tomball, Texas

61 months ago

Ok, thanks for the answer. I took my background 4 days ago and i am still waiting. It has only took 3-4 days with previous jobs. I wonder why comcast takes so long. I will call hr as soon as i find the number to the houston location.

FrenchChick19 in Baytown, Texas

60 months ago

Hey how is the training? is it hard or what does it consist of? i got a job offer and i am just wondering. Thank you :)

Direct in Modesto, California

49 months ago

Anyone know if comcast calls people back that did not pass the background check? Im waiting on a responce and worried about my driving record. Its for a direct sales rep, but the position requires me to use my own vehicle and my own insurance. I know they still check your driving record for this position. So i have 3 speeding tickets in the past five years and i told em about it prior to my backhround check, and HR said it shouldnt be a problem. But If it was, would they call to let me know i didnt get the job? It has been about 9 days and havent heard anything from them. Any info would be appretiated. Thanks.

Elijah in Harrison Township, Michigan

49 months ago

I would not worry they typically will call if there is any issues on the background report to ensure there is not some wort of error.

Call your HR contact if you are nervous

danoct in Crown Point, Indiana

48 months ago

Hope they don't hold a DL suspension against me. I have only had one ticket and forgot to pay it on time, so my license was suspended briefly over three years ago. I didn't even know my license was suspended until I went to the BMV to renew my license. I showed them proof that I paid it and they instantly removed the suspension.

I'm pissed that it is even listed on my record because my license wasn't suspended because of my driving or something I did while driving, it was suspended because I didn't pay on time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

romance1976 in Norcross, Georgia

43 months ago

Does anyone know how far back Comcast go back on criminal backgrounds? Meaning do they go back 7, 10 years or all the way back? I have a phone interview tomorrow and hoping that go great. And yes i did get into trouble a very long time ago. People do change and learn from their mistakes. Anybody please feel free to answer this input on my post. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ATL ME in Marietta, Georgia

43 months ago

romance1976 in Norcross, Georgia said: Does anyone know how far back Comcast go back on criminal backgrounds? Meaning do they go back 7, 10 years or all the way back? I have a phone interview tomorrow and hoping that go great. And yes i did get into trouble a very long time ago. People do change and learn from their mistakes. Anybody please feel free to answer this input on my post. Thanks!

10 years

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

comebackkidd lewis in detroit, Michigan

43 months ago

ATL ME in Marietta, Georgia said: 10 years

yea they go back far you should be good. if they have any question they will contact you. they did for one of my jobs. Good luck to you it a great company to work for

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

momof_3 in Islip, New York

41 months ago

Does Cablevision hire you if you have a bill with them??

Wisdon in Las Vegas, Nevada

41 months ago

Very hard to handle this question in proving income via paystubs or other. Employers should never request such a thing. They try, but in reality it NONE of thir concern. Just like you W2 IRS filings are not the concern of any employer. Check legislation on this. But in reality what they want to know is your earning so they can offer a little more or the same or lees pay in some cases. You can always prove employment with a letter from former or a call to former employer. And if they insist. well your call. Or just move on....

comebackkidd lewis in detroit, Michigan

41 months ago

momof_3 in Islip, New York said: Does Cablevision hire you if you have a bill with them??

cablevision will hire... you just cant get the free service untile you pay

Mithos in Minneapolis, Minnesota

39 months ago

I got the interview setup from a staffing agency, and I aced it as well as the test. I got the conditional job offer the next day. I took the drug test the next day, and I am still waiting for the background check to come back, it has been 7 business days by now. I am going to give it another 3-5 days. Because they had to contact me to send them a copy of my diploma (lol I graduated in 2004, as if I will still keep that, luckily they agreed to call it in for verification), and they wanted paystubs from my previous job... I only worked there for a month and never kept the paystubs, I gave them 4 numbers to call for verification. That might have slowed it down by a day.

I really hope I get the job, it's pay and benefits are spectacular for me right now. And the training doesn't start till the 23rd so I have time :)

worry wort in Saint Paul, Minnesota

34 months ago

I just got a conditional offer and comcast said to put exact dates on the background check but in the form I filled out said to put either month and year or just years for the jobs I worked at I am worried that I should of put the months as well but wanted to make sure I was for sure good on the jobs in order to pass the check. I have never failed a background for sure but any one know if this really does make a difference?

bee in Saint Paul, Minnesota

32 months ago

What I'm seeing in this forum is a lot of unprepared people. I mean the following respectfully, but will be a little blunt.

Before you send in your applications and resumes, have your things lined up.
Get your SSN card, your license, your birth certificate and any other documents together in a safe place, ready to present.
If you are on meds, make a list and get your doctor's signed statement that you have prescriptions. If you have ANY criminal or other legal background issues, be sure you know exactly what they are. Go to the counties (call, write, or stop in) and get your records. If something happened a long time ago, the records may be buried and take time to find. Do this now, so that the records are available to the checkers. This will speed their search and get you in the door ahead of someone who hasn't done the work.
Have a list of previous employers, with address, phone and name of HR or supervisor. If the company is out of business, find your previous boss yourself and have the info ready. If your former boss isn't at the company, find a mangager who remembers you or be sure they have your records on file. This can take days or weeks. Do it now.
Line up your references. Call them and be sure that you have their current contact info and that they are ready to speak well of you. Take a few minutes to chat with each one. If you need three or four references, be ready with six or seven.
Sharpen your math skills now (try sssoftware.com/freeworksheets/ ). Also, work on your spelling, grammar and punctuation. Internet slang and bad usage won't make it.
Don't wait 'til the last minute to find your stuff or have the basic skills. Do it NOW and don't worry later.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bee in Saint Paul, Minnesota

32 months ago

Mithos in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I got the interview setup from a staffing agency, and I aced it as well as the test. I got the conditional job offer the next day. I took the drug test the next day, and I am still waiting for the background check to come back, it has been 7 business days by now. I am going to give it another 3-5 days. Because they had to contact me to send them a copy of my diploma (lol I graduated in 2004, as if I will still keep that, luckily they agreed to call it in for verification), and they wanted paystubs from my previous job... I only worked there for a month and never kept the paystubs, I gave them 4 numbers to call for verification. That might have slowed it down by a day.

I really hope I get the job, it's pay and benefits are spectacular for me right now. And the training doesn't start till the 23rd so I have time :)

Mithos, having your documents is not a lol matter. I have my diploma from 1974, because it is a vital, legal document. If you don't have your diploma, birth certificate, SSN card and draft card (if you are male), get them NOW. If you apply for them today, they may take a few weeks to arrive. We live in a nation that runs on documents. If you have them handy, you will get ahead of the guy who has to go looking for them. Not having them tells employers that you will come to work unprepared and don't really care enough to get your work done. It also burdens others who need to look for information that you should have. If you don't have your stuff lined up, you might as well wear a sign saying, "I'm irresponsible." Be the one who takes charge, the one employers can trust.

Thank you bee! in Minneapolis, Minnesota

32 months ago

Your answers ought to be printed and mounted!!
I am going this weekend to make sure I get all my docs in order.

Thank you!!

fastforded in paulmont, New Jersey

25 months ago

going for a job for Comcast(nj). if I pass the first phone interview with recruiter then apparently I have a 1 hr interview on the phone with Comcast regional hiring re(?), then if I pass I go for a on site interview with a tech from Comcast. then there's the back ground check. didn't mention a drug screen.

my credits not good at all, it was, but got behind. actually owe Comcast a few months I think, they disconnected service at my old apt.

wonder if that's going to show up?

anyone else have any experience with Comcast(nj)?

any insight appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

SlightlyAmused in Troy, Michigan

22 months ago

Fastforded,

How did everything turn out for you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Hartford, Connecticut

21 months ago

Msmmns S in everett, Washington said: A lot of the time, state laws will dictate how far back a company can use a past criminal record against you. Here in Washington I believe it's something like 7 years (I've seen on some applications for nationwide companies that residents of some states don't even have to fill out the background check info). Whatever the case may be in PA, I highly doubt a conviction from more than a decade ago (unless it's really bad)would prevent you from getting a job you are otherwise qualified for. Have you had previous pre-employment background checks?

Hi I just got an email for an interview at comcast for customer service billing but im scared that when they check my background they will say something about my background I have. Larceny charges the last one was about a year ago how can that affect me from getting the job plz help

Jennifer in Hartford, Connecticut

21 months ago

coe in Cherry Hill, New Jersey said: They will call you and give you a chance to set things straight if there is a problem. I spoke to the company that does the check a few times.

I was offered a job with Comcast as a CAE inbound sales? Anyone know any details about the job? Are the commissions good. Are they very strict? The process was very smooth and easy. First the test, then an HR interview, then an interview with a supervisor and a manager the same day

Will I get the job if I have larceny

Mjac1985 in New Baltimore, Michigan

20 months ago

Jennifer in Hartford, Connecticut said: Will I get the job if I have larceny

Did you end up getting the job? I have my 1st interview tomorrow but have a missdemeanor theft charge from 9 years and 8 months ago. not sure if i can get the job with that on there.y

Resa901 in Atlanta, Georgia

20 months ago

Mjac1985 in New Baltimore, Michigan said: Did you end up getting the job? I have my 1st interview tomorrow but have a missdemeanor theft charge from 9 years and 8 months ago. not sure if i can get the job with that on there.y

They definitely go back more than 10 years I had a case of stolen identity and the person wrote checks in 1996 and I had to clear that up with CARCO and present paperwork before I was finally hired. Thank goodness I had all paperwork on hand and did not have to deal with court system it would have been a nightmare.

MikeHanson21 in Union City, Georgia

18 months ago

I just got a scare from CARGO. I had my license suspended in 08 and now I applied to be a commtech 1. Do you think Im straight or do you think I wont get the job because of that. How long ago really matters with them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Rob in Jacksonville, Florida

14 months ago

MikeHanson21 in Union City, Georgia said: I just got a scare from CARGO. I had my license suspended in 08 and now I applied to be a commtech 1. Do you think Im straight or do you think I wont get the job because of that. How long ago really matters with them?

Did you get the job?

queenquea in Savannah, Georgia

11 months ago

I interviewed with Comcast and passed everything on the background check except my MVR. I had a few things on it the needed review. The position is a DSR. My application still says In Process. I'm afraid I wont get the job.

tmkmarion in Jackson, Mississippi

9 months ago

Carco group did a 12 year background an I have a after the fact charge 11years ago will this doubt against me how far do they go bk far as counting against you.

Kurt in Roselle, Illinois

8 months ago

queenquea in Savannah, Georgia said: I interviewed with Comcast and passed everything on the background check except my MVR. I had a few things on it the needed review. The position is a DSR. My application still says In Process. I'm afraid I wont get the job.

I have the same issue.....did you get hired?

Kurt in Roselle, Illinois

8 months ago

queenquea in Savannah, Georgia said: I interviewed with Comcast and passed everything on the background check except my MVR. I had a few things on it the needed review. The position is a DSR. My application still says In Process. I'm afraid I wont get the job.

SAME WITH ME!......did you get hired?

tmkmarion in Jackson, Mississippi

8 months ago

They didn't call me back so no I didn't get the job

sam143 in San Jose, California

8 months ago

Rob in Jacksonville, Florida said: Did you get the job?

hi jw if u got the job? mike hansen

sam143 in San Jose, California

8 months ago

MikeHanson21 in Union City, Georgia said: I just got a scare from CARGO. I had my license suspended in 08 and now I applied to be a commtech 1. Do you think Im straight or do you think I wont get the job because of that. How long ago really matters with them?

Hi Mike Hanson just wondering if you ended up getting the job with comcast

ChangedWoman14 in Jacksonville, Florida

4 months ago

Will Comcast hire me with misdemeanor on my record?

I received a job offer for a call center position and I completed drug test and background check 2 weeks ago. I have no felonies and i was completely honest about my background. Im so stressed becuz I haven't been contacted about weather I'm good to start training or if I didn't pass the test. Im actually losing sleep about this because I need this job to help me take care of my 3 boys. Can someone pls let me know the truth even though I may not like it...

Money still owed in Colorado Springs, Colorado

1 month ago

I owe comcast $318.65 from 2011 can I still get a job with them as a retention. I know I will pass my background and everything else.

gitts03 in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania

1 month ago

sparkyklutz in Romulus, Michigan said: Ok question for everyone... I know Comcast does a background check as does most places these days with a few exceptions. I was just wondering, will they reject you for having something on your record? Even if it has been almost five years? It's only a misdemeanor. Or should I wait until the five years is up and get it expunged off of my record before I apply?

Please let me know how this goes or any info you have on this matter. I am ver deep in the comcast hiring process and i am nervous i will not get hired because i have a peraphanelia mist. charge. Is this ok, or no? It was 2 1/2 years ago.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.