Comcast jobs in S.E. Pa/De area?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Telco Central Region Employee in Kingston, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

Over the next few months I'm looking into being proactive about my job. The company I work for was sold and we may be loosing our jobs so I've been thinking about moving to the S.E. Pa/DelMarVa/Tri-State area from the N.E part of Pa with 1 or 2 companies in mind to apply at now while I still have a job to fall back on. The Comcast offices I'm mainly looking at now are in New Castle County in Delaware, and Chester and Delaware Counties in Pa with Montgomery, Bucks, Lancaster Counties also possible in Pa or even Maryland or Southern NJ as a last resort. Anybody have any info to share on the area? Willing to hear the good and the bad on it. Currently employed for a telephone company/DSL company doing a few different jobs, looking mostly into a position in Dispatch with any new company. Right now just looking for info on Comcast and the area and office there, but anything would be appreciated.

I had some computer issues last night trying to post this so I hope it's not double posted. I didn't see anything in the forum search so I'm hopeful it wasn't...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Go4It

87 months ago

I highly encourage you to apply with Comcast in DE. I was hired late last year and we are going gangbusters. A new call center near New Castle (Newark, DE) will be opening within a few months, creating more jobs for both call centers. That is why you see lots and lots of ads; we're growing. In fact, after having been laid off from two positions in the past five years (having narrowly escaped another set of layoffs from a previous company), it was a real eye-opener to hear our HR manager tell us that Comcast had never had a layoff. How many companies can make that claim?

For everyone who relates their negative job search experiences with Comcast, I feel for you. Yes, it's an extensive background check, but that's because you can literally take this position as far as you want to go. They spend a lot of money on the test and spend over $3K in salaries and training (this from just doing the math from my own salary) to bring the average CAE on board. I took five weeks of training for my position in the beginning of my employment and have taken more training since.

And in a corporation of 80,000 employees, are you seriously expecting all people to have perfect experiences? I'm sure that bad things happen everywhere; that is also why they do the extensive background check -- to weed out the miscreants and people who have gone off their meds. It's also because it takes unique individuals to rise above their circumstances to address bad situations. I have witnessed incidents of less than professional caliber, but that didn't make me run screaming for the door.

The environment is friendly and fun. The hours are awful, but that's life in a call center. If that's a deal breaker, then don't bother. It's not forever; I've already seen several of my peers move to life away from the phones.

Oh yes. And there's free cable; all the channels (except PPV), CHSI, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Keith in Newark, Delaware

87 months ago

Can you refer me please..

Keith
302-650-5079

Telco Central Region Employee in Kingston, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

Good deal, Thanks! I have friends that live in the Newark area now so I'm somewhat familiar with the area already. Working for another utility company for the past 6 years I know how the hours can be (matter of fact this is one of the few holidays I haven't worked in years but I am on call in case it's busy or we get bad storms in Pa and would be going in for the nice holiday OT). We're 24/7, 7 days a week now so my schedule varies by the week. So I don't mind working something besides the typical Mon-Fri 8-5, I'm one of the few that prefers to work nights & weekends. I'll have to go back and update the resume and keep an eye on what they have open.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Davethek in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

As a comment for TelCo Central Office employee & Go4it - I am also looking for something along the TelCo Central Office line of work---I live in Harrisburg, PA. I have sent several resumes to Comcast-are they as large as they say they are? They seem to be advertising for call center people in York, Lancaster, and Lebanon. I have worked for Telecom companies in the Network Operations Center, testing DSLs, installing and testing central office equipment and all. My resume shows I've done a lot, and I'd like to be hired by a reputable company where my opinions are appreciated.

Davethek in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

I have several headhunters to fall back to, although I'd like a position with permanency. Any references would be appreciated.

superstar in Medford, New Jersey

86 months ago

Telco Central Region Employee in Kingston, Pennsylvania said: Over the next few months I'm looking into being proactive about my job. The company I work for was sold and we may be loosing our jobs so I've been thinking about moving to the S.E. Pa/DelMarVa/Tri-State area from the N.E part of Pa with 1 or 2 companies in mind to apply at now while I still have a job to fall back on. The Comcast offices I'm mainly looking at now are in New Castle County in Delaware, and Chester and Delaware Counties in Pa with Montgomery, Bucks, Lancaster Counties also possible in Pa or even Maryland or Southern NJ as a last resort. Anybody have any info to share on the area? Willing to hear the good and the bad on it. Currently employed for a telephone company/DSL company doing a few different jobs, looking mostly into a position in Dispatch with any new company. Right now just looking for info on Comcast and the area and office there, but anything would be appreciated.

I had some computer issues last night trying to post this so I hope it's not double posted. I didn't see anything in the forum search so I'm hopeful it wasn't...

I've seen positions in Phila/NJ that state they will move to Downingtown, PA this year. I take that to mean they are opening an office there. Plus, the new building at 30th St in Phila is awesome. It stands out like a shining star in the skyline. Best wishes.

Tom Goodrich in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

I live in the Wilmington area and originally stopped by the job fair at the Christiana Hilton. This was in response to a classified ad for online CAE's and above. The job fair was supposed to be all-inclusive, with apping, testing and interviewing. Such was not the case. Upon completion of the paper application in addition to the previous online application, I was informed their computers were down, etc. and that nothing would be occurring. I received a call the next day and was invited for testing and interviewing, etc. on the following Saturday. The caller stated I had aced the technical questions, etc. and that given the fact I had two Bachelor's Degrees, and considerable experience, etc. that I was overqualified for the position which was offered at $13 per hour at the new Newark call center. However, as Comcast has advancement opportunities after six months, I was to come-in for testing nonetheless. I was informed to dress professionally and that interviews were expected. Upon completion of the timed-test and survey, the representative stated that there was to be no interviewing and that everyone "depending on their answers" would be contacted. When asked when, the testing representative stated a week to ten days or longer as they had a lot of people to go through, etc. Based on these interactions, I truly feel Comcast wasted my time and it appears this company looks at who you are on paper and seems more interested in whether or not you can "prove your high school diploma" as opposed to the skill set and potential leadership and profitability you could bring to the company. Comcast IMO, should set their sights above the "technically inexperienced" and "high schoolers" in favor of candidates who can truly empower the company in over-running Verizon FIOS which is taking the region by storm! It's going to be a tough road to hoe at least in Delaware the given the interest in FIOS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JB

85 months ago

I was going to attend the career fair at the Christiana Hilton but I'm glad I didn't bother. Can you believe the computers would be "down" at a career fair? Unbelievable!

Jo in Haddonfield, New Jersey

85 months ago

I recently received something in the mail that Comcast was having a career fair in their Voorhees, NJ office in early August for hiring at the new Newark, DE, facility. Unfortunately I lost the information. Can someone please tell me when that is taking place? Thanks.......

Thomas in Vineland, New Jersey

85 months ago

Just be under 30, with limited experience, be able to wear headset, and show up with your high school diploma or GED. The jobs are based at the Newark call center and pay $13 per hour. Say anything about "college" and they'll show you the door! A Comcast insider stated it was a "young" call center with the average age of managers about 28.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.