Comm Tech 1 Hiring 2013

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (24)

Billy-Bob in Atlanta, Georgia

12 months ago

I literally scouted the net to find information on this entire hiring process, and since I've gotten the job I've decide to do someone a favor & release some tensions and anxiety by giving a full recap of this "JOURNEY" before i actually landed this job.

- Firstly, i applied online to every open position that was within 20-30 miles near me within the week of September 17,2013. That same week i got an email to take an assessment,which i took and completed about 88% of it and i am yet to be told if i passed or failed but i can safely assume that i passed.

- The following week i received a call from a recruiter who did a phone interview which basically outlined all the job required and he asked if i was able and comfortable doing all the requirements and he asked if i had any criminal history and asked if my driving record was clean , which thankfully I've been a good little guy [which I hope Mrs.Clause rewards me for this Christmas :)] and both were clean. He then told me that someone should get in touch with me to schedule the interview the forthcoming Friday, which no one did and i began to worry and called him and he said that some one would call me by the following Tuesday the latest. The following Tuesday came and no one called so i began to wonder if they weren't gonna select me anymore and i began to lose hope after i called back the recruiter guy and the guy literally said "i don't know why they haven't called yet, but they should have and there's nothing i can do"

-Wednesday morning came and a lady called me and basically ran through all the questions that the guy had asked me and i gave the same replies, and she scheduled my interview for the following day. Luckily Wednesday and Thursday were my days off from my old job and i got to prepare myself adequately for the interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

-Interview morning,i arrived half an hour early, and was warmly greeted and kindly told to wait until 15 minutes before my appointed time to re-enter the building and i did so and took seat and waited on whosoever was going to interview me and not a minute after my appointed time(Lol i honestly expected them to be an hour or so late based on past interview experiences) two managers came and interviewed me, the interview started and ended very well,lasted about 50 minutes, was the best interview that I've ever had, and i thank all my past failed interviews primarily the last one i had for At&t to have inspired me to do even better and just be me,tell the truth and don't try to polish or butter anything up in the interview to make myself look impressive.(P.S the only job experiences i had prior to this was as a Cart Pusher and i use to wash dishes also, but sometimes your stuck doing unfortunate things you have no interest in doing in order to make some money to survive and while getting this job isn't the biggest success story out there its a stepping block into to a field i have immense passion for and i intend to give my uttermost best to this job and let my gratefulness be seen every day).

-Five days(which felt like a month lol) after the job interview i was emailed and told i had gotten the job and was given a conditional offer pending my drug and background check and was sent an email with links that provided me information about my drug and background check. Did the drug test which took maybe 3-5 days for the results to come back and also the background check which took exactly two weeks to come back( it probably took that long because I'm from a foreign country and took resident in the U.S only a few years now, could be shorter for you)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

-About two days after my background check was completed by Carco,i received my final offer which i signed and faxed back to their HR. Benefits included free cable and high speed internet and a decent pay which "For Me", can allow me to breath a little n enjoy life a little. My starting date is next week and i would gladly give a review on what is to follow after i start but i don't expect this job to be a walk in the park, i expect hard days and not so hard days just like any other job, but i would gladly embrace any hard day in which i'll be surrounded with technology that's making a difference in a vast amount of peoples' lives :).Feel free to ask questions that might not have been answered above, i will reply, otherwise, i hope this article helps someone who was in a similar spot to me and just wanted to know whats coming next and how long the process will take, just as a note incase you hadnt been keeping track, the whole process took abt 5-6 weeks for me, it could be longer or shorter for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

12 months ago

Billy-Bob in Atlanta, Georgia said: -About two days after my background check was completed by Carco,i received my final offer which i signed and faxed back to their HR. Benefits included free cable and high speed internet and a decent pay which "For Me", can allow me to breath a little n enjoy life a little. My starting date is next week and i would gladly give a review on what is to follow after i start but i don't expect this job to be a walk in the park, i expect hard days and not so hard days just like any other job, but i would gladly embrace any hard day in which i'll be surrounded with technology that's making a difference in a vast amount of peoples' lives :).Feel free to ask questions that might not have been answered above, i will reply, otherwise, i hope this article helps someone who was in a similar spot to me and just wanted to know whats coming next and how long the process will take, just as a note incase you hadnt been keeping track, the whole process took abt 5-6 weeks for me, it could be longer or shorter for you.

Cograts! I just took the assessment for I believe a call center position. It's not really what I want but I need to get my foot in the door. I was with my company for 24 years and was laid off last year and I've been unemployed ever since. I've started a part time job but its not paying the bills. My question is about the assessment that you took. Was it primarily a math test? Personality test? Scenario test? Since, it's only been a few hours since I've taken it I'm not sure I passed or not. I was just curious as to what your assessment test was like? Thanks!

12 months ago

Jo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Cograts! I just took the assessment for I believe a call center position. It's not really what I want but I need to get my foot in the door. I was with my company for 24 years and was laid off last year and I've been unemployed ever since. I've started a part time job but its not paying the bills. My question is about the assessment that you took. Was it primarily a math test? Personality test? Scenario test? Since, it's only been a few hours since I've taken it I'm not sure I passed or not. I was just curious as to what your assessment test was like? Thanks!

im sorry to hear that, but i wish you best of luck and the test i took involved a personality section, Maths or more like a mechanical amplitude & spatial relation test section(which is really basic,common everyday physics that has to do mostly with tools like gears and pulleys) and also a scenarios which had to do with the previous two sections in some what.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

billy_penguin in Savannah, Georgia

11 months ago

Congrats on your new job Billy Bob. Let us know how it all works out for you.

bryan in Savannah, Georgia

10 months ago

Billy-Bob in Atlanta, Georgia said: -About two days after my background check was completed by Carco,i received my final offer which i signed and faxed back to their HR . Benefits included free cable and high speed internet and a decent pay which "For Me", can allow me to breath a little n enjoy life a little. My starting date is next week and i would gladly give a review on what is to follow after i start but i don't expect this job to be a walk in the park, i expect hard days and not so hard days just like any other job, but i would gladly embrace any hard day in which i'll be surrounded with technology that's making a difference in a vast amount of peoples' lives :).Feel free to ask questions that might not have been answered above, i will reply, otherwise, i hope this article helps someone who was in a similar spot to me and just wanted to know whats coming next and how long the process will take, just as a note incase you hadnt been keeping track, the whole process took abt 5-6 weeks for me, it could be longer or shorter for you.

DO THEY GIVE YOU A COMPANY VAN TO TAKE HOME AND WHAT ARE THE TRANNING HOURS

10 months ago

DO THEY GIVE YOU A COMPANY VAN TO TAKE HOME AND WHAT ARE THE TRANNING HOURS

10 months ago

bryan in Savannah, Georgia said: DO THEY GIVE YOU A COMPANY VAN TO TAKE HOME AND WHAT ARE THE TRANNING HOURS

yh they do, but dont expect to get a van and most of the ton of gears and also cell phone that you will be getting,until within 3-6 weeks time...and its 6 weeks of training...monday-friday..8-5...

10 months ago

hey bryan im a lil confused on what you said so do I get a van once I start or not?
can I take van home???
what type of vechicle

10 months ago

do I get cell phone why I'm in tanning and van while i'm in tanning or after tanning

michelle in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

10 months ago

hello, thanks for your info! I am waiting for a temp agaency to get back at me,I already had the 1st phone interview where he told me I could move on. But I am worried about the background checks, misdemeanors? do u know anything about it? oh its for call center position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

michelle in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

10 months ago

Hey me too! Do know anything about the background checks, please fill me in, im so worried!

David120 in Meridian, Mississippi

9 months ago

I applied back on 12/19/2012, that night I got a call around 6pm for a phone interview. that next day I received the email link for the assessment. which was a mix between personality questions and basic math/physics. on Christmas eve I got the call setting the face to face interview on Jan 7 at 10am which was yesterday. Now I guess it's just a waiting game

Mr. White in Fort Wayne, Indiana

9 months ago

David120 in Meridian, Mississippi said: I applied back on 12/19/2012, that night I got a call around 6pm for a phone interview. that next day I received the email link for the assessment. which was a mix between personality questions and basic math/physics. on Christmas eve I got the call setting the face to face interview on Jan 7 at 10am which was yesterday. Now I guess it's just a waiting game

I applied in October, 2013. In November, they e-mailed me regarding the position and to e-mail them back with a reply for a phone interview. Talked to a few people, even had two of the same phone interviews with the same questions and still passed them for an assessment. Took the assessment, passed, and even was about to take it again if I hadn't spoke up. Apparently I did well with the assessment and had a interview later the next week. The interview goes well and I leave saying thank you to both as they walked me out. 2-3 weeks go by checking the status of my application, "In Process" dated 11/2013. Meh. This continues for another 2 weeks, and I log in one day and they've updated the date to 12/13 but still "In Process". I've been waiting since then. I really want this job, but I don't understand what takes so long to make a decision.

9 months ago

Today I received the call, now all I have to wait on is the background and drug test to come baxk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

So this Is day four of my background check and still nothing. My drug screen was completed the same day. carco asked.go paystubs and diplomas to verify work and education. Guess I just,have to wait

slammin09 in La Follette, Tennessee

9 months ago

It took over 1 1/2months for them to guve me my offer after I submitted my background check my advise is dont sweat it as long as it is clean you are good. And remember 1 out of 20 people are selected for drug test and bckgrd check. that is what they told us in orientation

Alonna in Savannah, Georgia

9 months ago

Were is the tech training located?

Alonna in Savannah, Georgia

9 months ago

Billy-Bob in Atlanta, Georgia said: yh they do, but dont expect to get a van and most of the ton of gears and also cell phone that you will be getting,until within 3-6 weeks time...and its 6 weeks of training...monday-friday..8-5...

Were is the tech training?

90s-kid 87 in Baltimore, Maryland

8 months ago

Ok so I applied for the call center position. I got the phone interview and the recruiter invited me for a in-person interview at the call center. she told me to bring 3 copies of my resume. here is the thing I lied on my resume. I really didn't think I was going to get the job other wise because I have been working as a Corrections officer for the past 6 years ad have no recent customer service or sales experience. Does Comcast really do a work history check? if they do, is there anyway I can salvage this debacle?

Ade in Ypsilanti, Michigan

7 months ago

Billy-Bob in Atlanta, Georgia said: -About two days after my background check was completed by Carco,i received my final offer which i signed and faxed back to their HR . Benefits included free cable and high speed internet and a decent pay which "For Me", can allow me to breath a little n enjoy life a little. My starting date is next week and i would gladly give a review on what is to follow after i start but i don't expect this job to be a walk in the park, i expect hard days and not so hard days just like any other job, but i would gladly embrace any hard day in which i'll be surrounded with technology that's making a difference in a vast amount of peoples' lives :).Feel free to ask questions that might not have been answered above, i will reply, otherwise, i hope this article helps someone who was in a similar spot to me and just wanted to know whats coming next and how long the process will take, just as a note incase you hadnt been keeping track, the whole process took abt 5-6 weeks for me, it could be longer or shorter for you.

Thanks so much for the information above. I just applied for a position as a Field Technician 1, I received an email and a link included to do an online assessment. Kind give me further information as to the type of questions on the assessment. Late last year I applied for a customer service position, passed the first personality assessment but failed the second assessment where I was asked to attend to about 3 customers request. I dont want to fail this time.
Any hints of the possible question to get me prepared will be highly appreciated.

Please email your response to my box at bayoolagunju2@yahoo.co.uk I have about 3 days to take the assessment.
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

nesto79 in Loxahatchee, Florida

4 months ago

Hello all

I'm a little confused about the hiring process with comcast. Wonder
ing if anyone is able to answer. I received an offer letter and I went through the carco and escreen process and I was clear. Now my recruiter tells me that just bc I was clear on the background and drug test doesn't mean I'm hired. He also told me that my application was denied. Doesn't make any sense to me. Why would comcast pay for the background check and drug screening and than deny my application ? Am I being lied to by the recruiter?

Tom Wood in Indianapolis, Indiana

4 months ago

Comcast Comm Tech 1&2 full details of Job?
Can somebody give me a full description of what he Comcast Comm Tech 1&2 are like? The training , what is it like on the job how does it work , do you keep the company truck at your home , the benefits (health , 401k) , I heard free cable(how many cable boxes) and internet and phone service , do we get company gear to wear and work with . The pay , bi weekly or weekly , do you work weekends how long are the work days break etc . Just as much detail as you possibly can give . thanks so much

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.