Had interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (24)

herpderp in Anderson, Indiana

62 months ago

Had an interview with comcast today for tech support aka call center. Thought I did well on the first interview the guy I interviewed with told me he was going to get the other lady to have an interview with her. She came in basically mentioned how much they paid (for the 300th time) and that they were interested but couldnt extend a job offer today and would be emailing me at the end of the week with a time to come in to consent to a b/g check or have me consent via phone. Has anyone else experienced this or did I just suck that the interview and that was their nice way of telling me no thanks =[

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jbmckenzie in Huntsville, Alabama

62 months ago

No, I have worked in a Comcast call center for 3 years and my interview went the same way. I had my 1st screening interview over the phone. Then they called me and ask if I could come in for testing and 1st face to face interview. Once I passed the tests they had me interview with one of the call center supervisors and someone in HR the same day, but didn't extend a job offer to me. They called me a couple of days later and ask me to come in. When I arrived there were approximately 13-15 other applicants there. They gave each of us our starting salary and had us sign paperwork giving permission for drug test and background checks and also ppwk stating that we agree to start the job for X amount per hour. Then gave all of us our ppwk for drug testing and told us to be at the clinic within 24 hrs. They called with a couple of questions that arrised during the background check approx a week later they called with the date that I was to start training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

HR called me today, but i was at another interview, so i got to call them back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Well they offered me the job had me take a drug test and fill out the bg release form, i took the drug test saturday emailed the bg check forms last night and woke up to a call today saying they cancelled classes for May, but should be having them in June and would let me know, ugh fml.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Speters in Noblesville, Indiana

61 months ago

We are on the same boat. They offered me the job. I'm just waiting on June training. Hoping to get a call very soon. I'd like to start working for comcast asap!

herpderp in Anderson, Indiana said: Well they offered me the job had me take a drug test and fill out the bg release form, i took the drug test saturday emailed the bg check forms last night and woke up to a call today saying they cancelled classes for May, but should be having them in June and would let me know, ugh fml.

61 months ago

Same here. I'm waiting for June training. Hoping to get a call very soon.

60 months ago

Yeah about every 2.5 weeks I get a call from the recruiter telling me Im a valuable candidate etc etc. I never got a call about my bg check being completed though, I hope i dont have to fill those stupid forms out again, its almost been 2 months since i did the first time. Did you get offered the may class also and told it was canceled ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

herpderp in Anderson, Indiana said: Yeah about every 2.5 weeks I get a call from the recruiter telling me Im a valuable candidate etc etc. I never got a call about my bg check being completed though, I hope i dont have to fill those stupid forms out again, its almost been 2 months since i did the first time. Did you get offered the may class also and told it was canceled ?

I was going to start on May 20 but training got moved to June according to the HR. Not sure exactly when coz I haven't heard from them yet. Shessh..this has been an agonizing process. I wonder if they made a mistake by hiring more than they need and don't really need us anymore.

60 months ago

Start date is July 25. I got a call yesterday. Did you get a call yet?

herpderp in Anderson, Indiana said: Yeah, they told me it was going to start May 23rd I believe. I was told it might be June, but not to quit my job and I didnt even have a job at that time lol. Then the second time i got a call they said they were "hoping" for June, so I dont think they really know. It seems pretty unprofessional of them honestly to just string folks alone. The guy I had the interview told me I asked about moving up in the company, "We're a really big company and its all about timing more so than skill, you might be able to make a lateral move, but getting some like my position is all luck" verbatim, I was kind of taken back someone would flat out say there was no where to move to and it was luck >_< I heard they fire people after about a year of working there though and hire in fresh, so they get gov't kick backs. Thats cool with me though, I ll take that money for a year and actively look lol

herpderp in Greenfield, Indiana

60 months ago

Hey! Yes, I did! Just hoping i pass the b/g check and such (idk why i wouldnt) as it seems they never completed it before

60 months ago

And the waiting begins, again. This is such a long process!

60 months ago

herpderp in Greenfield, Indiana said: Hey! Yes, I did! Just hoping i pass the b/g check and such (idk why i wouldnt) as it seems they never completed it before

Have you found out anything about your b/g check yet? Sheessh, this whole process is nerve wrecking. They don't really update you on anything. I'm pretty sure I'll pass the b/g check but the waiting is a killer.

59 months ago

Speters in Noblesville, Indiana said: Have you found out anything about your b/g check yet? Sheessh, this whole process is nerve wrecking. They don't really update you on anything. I'm pretty sure I'll pass the b/g check but the waiting is a killer.

Yes, they emailed me and told me they needed me to fax my diploma in. That was it really, did you get your offer letter?

59 months ago

Yes finally! Just signed and faxed the offer letter today.

59 months ago

As did I

comcastgirl in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

I went for my interview Tuesday and my second interview was that Thursday. They took another copy of my resume, and id but I forgot to bring my social because I was rushing out the house !!!!! It went well, I asked the supervisor when will I be able to bring in my social she said when we call you in 3 to 5 business days. I'm sooo nervous ,but I claiming it as my job!!!! Anyone have any productive pointers ?

lisacampbell in Canton, Michigan

57 months ago

comcastgirl in Chicago, Illinois said: I went for my interview Tuesday and my second interview was that Thursday. They took another copy of my resume, and id but I forgot to bring my social because I was rushing out the house !!!!! It went well, I asked the supervisor when will I be able to bring in my social she said when we call you in 3 to 5 business days. I'm sooo nervous ,but I claiming it as my job!!!! Anyone have any productive pointers ?

Well... I know that the waiting process can be a real nail pealer, but it is worth it in the end. I was just in your shoes less than two weeks ago. I went for my interview (8/20/11), then was scheduled a "formal" interview (8/29/11) with the exact location and offered a position contingent to a positive b/g check/drug test. It took 10 days to get a response back from the b/g check and I was offered the position definitely. Hang in there! If they don't get back with you, call your HR rep. Best wishes!

57 months ago

When do they offer the bg check? I signed a paper saying I could work the hours......and that was on my second interview on 9/15/11

57 months ago

lisacampbell in Canton, Michigan said: Well... I know that the waiting process can be a real nail pealer, but it is worth it in the end. I was just in your shoes less than two weeks ago. I went for my interview (8/20/11), then was scheduled a "formal" interview (8/29/11) with the exact location and offered a position contingent to a positive b/g check/drug test. It took 10 days to get a response back from the b/g check and I was offered the position definitely. Hang in there! If they don't get back with you, call your HR rep. Best wishes!

Well I signed a paper saying that I could work the hours and that was on the second interview which was 9/15/11. Does this sound familiar?

57 months ago

I didn't get it

Sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida

56 months ago

What is the salary for Customer service rep sales, Customer service rep IT, and Quality Assurance rep?

Does everyone start the same or they go off experience?

Does it matter if you have a degree or not?

Juana9673

27 months ago

Well I went for my interview today in Fishers, Indiana and was told I would be called for a 2nd interview. Is this how the process works? I'm so confused.

Hopeful in Stone Mountain, Georgia

14 months ago

I applied for a field liaison position. Did a prescreening interview with recruited and scheduled for a face to face interview. I'm nervous do my know what to expect.

John in Coral Gables, Florida

13 months ago

The interview is pretty simple (the questions as well). It is like if they are selling you the position, not you trying to get it. Dress professional, be polite and honest. That all what you need to get the job!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.