Lousy service,bad customer service and real a*******

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (29)

Preet in San Francisco, California

86 months ago

These ppl are the worst ever customer srvice ppl i have come across. Rude and high handed everyone representative opens a new rules book and gives newer version of guidelines.
I am really fed up of these a******s trying to dupe money

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

patty

86 months ago

If you think comcast is bad you should try and get service from Time Warner cable. The put you on hold for an hour. If your Internet goes out and you report it it takes 3 to 5 days to get someone out. If your cable goes out, heck they don't care. But if you don't pay your bill in time the are out there to cut you off the next day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

I know and I can understand your frustrations. These people from comcast are similar. Someone should just take these idiots to court.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gaith in Silver Spring, Maryland

85 months ago

Preet in San Francisco, California said: These ppl are the worst ever customer srvice ppl i have come across. Rude and high handed everyone representative opens a new rules book and gives newer version of guidelines.
I am really fed up of these a******s trying to dupe money

Comcast used to be a good company but recently they are becoming the worst of customer service I have ever incountered. They have sent me 5 technicians over the last two months and still could not serve a lousy internet service.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Portland, Oregon

85 months ago

I called them last week that I was moving, to transfer the service to the new address. They told me I did not need to be home for connection, it could just be turned on outside. I then received a call the next day confirming they would be there on Jul 15, and again I did not need to be home. I went to work sunday there were 2 messages on my answer machine, the tech said he would be late, and then another one telling me I was not home, so he was not going to be able to provide a turn on. These people are so messed up they cannot function. If there was any other way to have TV service in this bldg, I would tell comcast to hit the road and a few other things I cannot mention here. I have yet to have any business dealing when moving go smoothly with this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Wow, That is really bad. Is there a way to inform the management of comcast about what is happening and how these good for nothing technicians, who don't have any technical knowledge other than a 6-12 month networking diploma behave. Also, the good for nothing rude ladies they employee as call center workers. These women should know what a call center means and that customer service is the most important thing as the money,things,salary they are enjoying is because of us.

James in Oakland, California

85 months ago

Preet in San Francisco, California said: Wow, That is really bad. Is there a way to inform the management of comcast about what is happening and how these good for nothing technicians, who don't have any technical knowledge other than a 6-12 month networking diploma behave. Also, the good for nothing rude ladies they employee as call center workers. These women should know what a call center means and that customer service is the most important thing as the money,things,salary they are enjoying is because of us.

I know Comcast maybe hard to work with but I have seen them turn it around pretty quickly. I know from personal expirence that they were hard to work with until i found out that it was a contracted company and it wasn't even them.

So i called the real comcast and they were pretty nice and the service is awsome. Just don't call the 800 number call a local office. you will get 10x better service.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Johhny Rocket in Frederick, Maryland

83 months ago

I work for comcast...let's see...15 years now. I am a System Technician...pretty smart and very well educated.

And it's the pissed off customer I love dealing with the most.

Call them on the phone...they're screaming in your ear,threating you...blah blah blah blah.

Then a 6'5" 250 lb. man knocks on their door....funny thing happens....they're no longer rude and threatening.

Customers...treat your technicians politely and we'll fix your problem....treat us rudely and you'll have more and more service calls booked because "the first technician couldn't fix the problem"....LOL LOL LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Seenitall in Montebello, California

83 months ago

The privious pompous egotistic service technician, clearly confirms the rude and self-entitlement arrogant view that I get everytime I try to get satifactory service that I pay $160 a month for when the cable goes out. He is the problem, and offeres little solution. customers are only asking for what they were promised by contrfact and pay for every month.
These cable employees don't seem to understand the concept of providing service to their customers.
If they were police officers with their attagonistic attitudes, they would be fired in disgrace.
BTW...there is a class action lawsuit in the works against Time Warner for it's many broken contract clauses to their subscribers. Issues like: removing many popular basic cable channels into more expensive digital packages, terrible phone customer service reps, unanswered promised cable guy appointments, giving billing credit to cable subscibers on their bills broken service, and slowing down of the closing of cable TV service when customer pays bill & there is a banking error.

S

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

I know. Look at this guy.He is so shameless. He talks about working for Comcast and related for 15 years and forgets that the salary which he got for these years and the burgers/pizzas/coke or for that matter even his clothes were paid by our money.
Ungrateful person. You guys need to be taught a leason if a class action lawsuit is filed against you. If I know the law correctly, if a customer service rep/technician promises something then it is not just the company(the company providing goods or services) which is responsible but also these people(customer service rep/technician) and they can be all dragged to the court. It doesn't matter if they have left the company and joined another company to dupe another set of people.
I hope someone in the management comes to know of what is going in the lower ranks and what kind of school dropouts work as customer service rep/technician.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

Here is the reality of the situation...

Cable TV companies are in their infancy. Back in the 50's or so, the regular telephone company did the same sort of things. Since they were the only telephone company, they had no competition and therefore no reason to try to hold on to customers. If you wanted a telephone, you had to get it from them no matter how they treated you and if you didn't pay, then they would enforce that idea by making a special effort to cut you off as soon as possible, hoping you would pay up. They didn't need to learn proper customer relations.

Cable companies have been (until recently) in the same situation.

Cheer up. The latest thing is fiber optic service that has two great advantages. One, it has such a great bandwidth you can have TV, telephone, internet, etc all on one thin glass fiber. Two, the technology is advanced to the point that they cannot just send any old yahoo out there to wrap a wire around a couple of screws. They will have to send a fairly knowledgeable person who will have to be inside the house with thousands of dollars worth of test equipment to be sure the bandwidth is not compromised by stray wires that go back to Uncle Buster's old bedroom and have long since been chewed up by rats after he died.

Anybody can put their service on the same fiber so the competition between them will increase and likewise their customer relations skills and training. Or at least we hope so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

karen Frugoli Ohare in Hayward, California

83 months ago

I purchase a 12 pack of cokes when I open the box up I found a can of coke empty, is this the way you make money off people by putting in a empty can? My e-mail is karen.frugoli@sbcglobal.net One more thing how can people get in reach coke company online?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sonny P in Fredericksburg, Virginia

82 months ago

Preet in San Francisco, California said: Wow, That is really bad. Is there a way to inform the management of comcast about what is happening and how these good for nothing technicians, who don't have any technical knowledge other than a 6-12 month networking diploma behave. Also, the good for nothing rude ladies they employee as call center workers. These women should know what a call center means and that customer service is the most important thing as the money,things,salary they are enjoying is because of us.

Informing management is worse than useless. I worked as a tech for Comcast for two years. Management insists on telling the customers that a tech will be there even while assigning two to three times the number of jobs to each technician than they can possibly get to in a given day. Their stated policy is eitht to ten trouble calls per tech, per day. I never left the office with less than twelve to fifteen jobs plus they continue adding jobs until 3:00pm to 5:oopm. AND (get this) Customer Service will tell customers right up until midnight that a tech is still coming to their house!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ski child in Southfield, Michigan

82 months ago

Johhny Rocket in Frederick, Maryland said: I work for comcast...let's see...15 years now. I am a System Technician...pretty smart and very well educated.

Call them on the phone...they're screaming in your ear,threating you...blah blah blah blah.

Then a 6'5" 250 lb. man knocks on their door....funny thing happens....they're no longer rude and threatening.

Customers...treat your technicians politely and we'll fix your problem....treat us rudely and you'll have more and more service calls booked because "the first technician couldn't fix the problem"....LOL LOL LOL

Mr. Rocket I believe every word you say. I worked with a friend who is 6'2 and the customers who treated me poorly as they were getting excellent service suddenly turned around and showed their best behaviour to him. It's unfortunate that some people need a show of size and strength to behave properly. Keep doing a great job and good luck to you sir.

82 months ago

Preet in San Francisco, California said: I know. Look at this guy.He is so shameless. He talks about working for Comcast and related for 15 years and forgets that the salary which he got for these years and the burgers/pizzas/coke or for that matter even his clothes were paid by our money.
Ungrateful person. You guys need to be taught a leason if a class action lawsuit is filed against you. If I know the law correctly, if a customer service rep/technician promises something then it is not just the company(the company providing goods or services) which is responsible but also these people(customer service rep/technician) and they can be all dragged to the court. It doesn't matter if they have left the company and joined another company to dupe another set of people.
I hope someone in the management comes to know of what is going in the lower ranks and what kind of school dropouts work as customer service rep/technician.

It doesn't sound to me like he is ungrateful. He is merely pointing out what he has to deal with as a technician and that is his right to do so. He is also telling the truth about his dealings with people, I worked with a 6'2 225 lb. gentleman and the customers would knock off their abusive behaviour as soon as he gave them a look. So let's not act like all the customers out there are innocent angels and good working people are bad. After seven years of being a manager I've pretty much seen it all. Thank you.

82 months ago

karen Frugoli Ohare in Hayward, California said: I purchase a 12 pack of cokes when I open the box up I found a can of coke empty, is this the way you make money off people by putting in a empty can? My e-mail is karen.frugoli@sbcglobal.net One more thing how can people get in reach coke company online?

Go back to the store where you purchased the soft drinks and tell them what happened. They should either resolve it for you or contact the coke company and have them call you. Get the store to make good on the empty can of cola. I once dealt with the coke company over some cans of product that had poke marks in them and fizzed all over my Lincoln town car and I was told coldly to call my insurance company and then the rep hung up on me. Try www.ask.com for their website or call information and ask for your local coca cola office. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

WHR in Mount Holly, New Jersey

82 months ago

Why are you writing about Coke cans on a cable service section? Maybe it's just me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rickenator in Englewood, Colorado

82 months ago

There is an easy solution. Get rid of Comcast. That's what I did after two blown appointments, unsuccessful intervention with Comcast corporate mgr's and an extremely rude technician who canceled an appointment with me (I had to leave work early) via the telephone (just left a message on my phone!!)

FACT: Comcast doesn't care about any of it's customers' any more as evidence by the responses in this forum. They overcharged my 82 year old mother on her cable modem (Internet service) and were rude and completely ignored her requests. Brutal "customer service."

FACT: I've never had such rude "Technicians" in my life - - any level of support, phone (US West/Qwest), hardware (Routers - PC's) - - they are the absolute WORSE customer service creatures I have ever seen.

FACT: Stick it to Comcast by getting DirecTv - - I signed up for the entire package - - fast DSL & DirecTv service, lifetime pricing (I'll never buy anything from Comcast again in my lifetime). Up front expense required, but it pays off greatly after a couple of months. (At least for me) Over 70 high def channels from DirecTv!!! And...more coming. Good channels like A&E, all movie channels, Sci-Fi, History Channel - - go to their web site and see how great it is. Plus - - 5.1 Dolby Digital sounds better via satellite.

FACT: If you're worried about rain or snow (outages) during extremely bad weather) incorporate a plain old antenna in your system. I have three HDTV's in my house - bedroom for local channels in HD (over thiry coming in the next few years) and two main HDTV's - one upstair and one dedicated theater room downstairs.

Do yourself a favor - - DUMP Comcast

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Billie Vester in Bloomfield, Indiana

78 months ago

DEAR SIR, I live in Bloomfield IN. and it was Christmas Eve!!! When I recieved a phone call from Comcast/insight.They demanded a payment by phone or my service would be interupted over the holidays.(I forgot to drop the payment off at the local office and was going to do so the next bussiness day)So I did the check by phone . Then about 10 or more days passed and I recieved a letter saying that my check was returned NSF which is crazy!! I had over $900.00 in the account at the time plus i have $500.00 in overdraft protection! So I contacted them and talked to Joyce who was nice and did her best to be helpfull (as far as I know)When I explained what was going on and that there is no way the check bounced,I was told I needed to set up a payment arrangement so I did, then the next day I checked my bank account(Crane Federal Credit Union)I found that the check never hit. When I contacted Joyce again and informed her of this I was put on hold and when she came back on she said I gave the wrong account number,So they are telling me I entered the wrong number that I have had for years twice in a row,Not very likely, So I went ahead and did check by phone again with Joyce on Thursday and the check cleared! Problem solved right? WRONG!!!!!! It was just getting started. On Saturday after 5:00PM! A skragley looking guy came to our door demanding I make payment in full or he would shut me off with a real attitude. I informed Chris Meth or neff I'm shure somebody knows his correct name, that I already got it straitened out .That's when He preceeded to inform me that comcast doesn't do extensions. Then why do they call and ask you to do so? And he went on to tell me he diddn't care what they said at the office he said HE makes the decision whether the service stay's on or not. When I told him I would contact Joyce again or go to the local office and take care of It. He responded that If I contact Joyce or the local office about this,that he would shut our service off on the spot.

Nervamh in SLC, Utah

78 months ago

All cable companies have been known to have poor customer service. Back in the day when cable had a monopoly on premimum channels, all they cared about was getting people to sign up for as many channels as possible and that was it.

Now that satellite competion is out and strong, cable has to re-evaluate how important it is that the customer is satisfied in knowing the product their receiving is worth the price and that customer service is key to the satisfaction of the customer.

I know I've been trained that customer service is key to everything and to never pressure a customer to purchase something they do not need/want and to set them up in a package that they're comfortable with after their promotion is over.

All the people saying they've had horrible experience with techs, you got to remember, Comcast had a lot of contractors doing jobs for them they're not the quality techs Comcast can provide. I know in my market, Comcast is trying to cut all outsourcing (calls center mainly) and do it all in house where they can train the reps and have more control on how their customers are treated. I hope in other markets they're doing the same so all these people so pissed with the customer support and service will find out Comcast IS a company that really cares about it's customers.

should have known in Manchester, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

patty said: If you think comcast is bad you should try and get service from Time Warner cable. The put you on hold for an hour. If your Internet goes out and you report it it takes 3 to 5 days to get someone out. If your cable goes out, heck they don't care. But if you don't pay your bill in time the are out there to cut you off the next day.

When your cable goes out call right away and tell them that you want the amount of time your cable is out to be deducted from your bill. If they say no inform them that when your electric goes out you don't pay because your meter stops running. DON'T PAY FOR SERVICES YOU ARE NOT RECEIVEING. good luck

Pat in Knoxville, Tennessee

77 months ago

Johhny Rocket in Frederick, Maryland said: I work for comcast...let's see...15 years now. I am a System Technician...pretty smart and very well educated.

I know that you're being bashed,personally I,ve had problems time & time again with my service & everyones always been nice to me,very knowledgeable,& has taught me how to fix the majority of the problems myself,your comments about your size will bite you in the behind oneday,if you think that everybody is afraid of you,you will run into someone much bigger than you are,& there's some of us out there that could care less how big you are.I beleive from what I'am reading that the problem starts with the service center & their attitude toward the customer & unfortunately you happen to be the one that they vent their frustrations on.After all if you go to someones home & they loose it on you,do you really think that your size is gonna make a difference,because unless you just walk away,you're going to end up in court.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bill Jr in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

ABSOLUTE HORRIBLE Comcast customer service in Chicago !!!
My Comcast cable goes out every 3 weeks - like clockwork. I get the following message:
ONE MOMENT PLEASE, THE CHANNEL WILL BE AVAILABLE SHORTLY
This has been going on since January 2008. It is now early May 2008.

When I go into the Main Menu -> Cable Setup -> Display, it shows Disconnected - Not Connected. I tried to explain this to Comcast and was told my cable is out because the box was physically disconnected and I needed to re-connect the box. What ?!?! If the box was disconnected, how am I able to go inside the Cable Main Menu and read this to them ?? This proved that Comcast knows NOTHING about their equipment nor how it's works.

I have called Comcast easily over a dozen times and what do/did I get:
1) Hung-up on.
2) Techs no-call, no-show.
3) Lied to - Repeatedly by Comcast about the scheduled day/time when the tech was "suppose" to arrive. This part is really really bad and apparently legendary. Countless times I was told that a tech will to arrive between 8 & noon or between 1 & 5PM and like an idiot, I waited - and waited - and waited - and waited. Called Comcast, like every hour to check on my scheduled appointment: no clue, I mean totally clueless - hugh waste of time. I was told they have no control over dispatches. And yet, you have to contact them to schedule a dispatch. What the HELL !?!?
4) Techs, if and/or when they do show up, have absolutely no clue on what is the problem and apparently why they were dispatched - I guess they are told to just show up.
5) And most importantly, tech not fixing the problem as my cable went out Tuesday, May 06 and is still out.

The few and I do mean few techs that did show up told me the following:
the problem is with the signal - the problem is not with the signal - the problem is outside - the problem is inside - when this happens, to call Comcast and have them send an INT signal to the boxes. This is like wiping out and re-sen

75 months ago

The few and I do mean few techs that did show up told me the following:
the problem is with the signal - the problem is not with the signal - the problem is outside - the problem is inside - when this happens, to call Comcast and have them send an INT signal to the boxes. This is like wiping out and re-sending the cable box configs any Favorite Cable Channels settings are gone. But you have to beg and plead with Comcast to do this and this is a TEMPORARY FIX. A few weeks later, cable goes out.
Another tech told me directly to -my -face to call Comcast and cancel the service as this would get their attention to fix the problem. I could not believe a Comcast tech was telling me to do this.
At others times I was told that the tech would come out and replace both HD cable boxes. Techs, again the few that did show up, were empty-handed - no replacement cable boxes. Techs did not know what I was talking about when I asked where were the new boxes. Comcast told me that they were sending out a tech to replace the boxes. Their reply was they were not sent to replace anything - and then asked, once again, "what is the problem ??" It is as if for the past 5 months, I have been talking to an empty phone in an empty room. Again, tech shows up with no clue on the reason they were dispatched - they just show up - and even that's a maybe - they may show up or they may not. No one knows.

75 months ago

I chatted via their chatroom last night about this 5 month old trouble to Francis. This one stated that their Engineering Department is aware of the "issue" and are working on it right now. Sure they are !!!! When asked was exactly was the "issue", she replied I needed to contact some local office, as she " could not " tell me directly. I again pressed abouth this mysterious " issue ", only to be told information about it cannot be given out. Huh ??? I replied that it sounds like they already knew there was some kind of trouble and failed to notify the customer. Also, this " issue " is only affecting me. I live in a building with 90+ units, yet this " issue " is only affecting me - only ME. This was sounding like some kind of BS, big time.

I have been in the customer support field for over 10 years with many different companies and have NEVER seen such BAD service as Comcast. It is as if they are deaf, dumb and blind to the ability of providing SERVICE to their CUSTOMER. Isn't that what they are suppose to do ?? Customer Service means giving Service to the Customer.

Where is the follow-up call to the customer to confirm that they are back up and working ?? Where is the call to the customer to let them know the tech is running a little late ?? Or cannot make the scheduled appointment ?? Why do I, the customer have to call the provider to find out what is going on ?? Common courtesy dictates a call TO the customer would be nice, instead of a pissed-off call FROM the customer.

75 months ago

To conclude:
What is needed is another cable provider in Chicago. I will take ANYONE/ANYTHING over Comcast, I wish I could get satellite service, but I live in a condo that faces East. For satellite service, like Direct TV, I need to have an unobstructed view of the southwest sky.

Apparently I am left with no choice but to cancel service as the cable goes out at will with no fix and no cares/concerns from Comcast. None at all.

I pray to God in Heaven to please let Verizon FIOS, RCN, WOW-Wide Open West, or ANYONE get in my area and provide cable television service - and FAST !!!

seasame in Mentor, Ohio

74 months ago

we were switched from comcast to time warner several years ago- we had no problem. Then we got an HD tv (samsung) this past oct. and the problems began. Since we switched to hd we have gone through 6-7 boxes. images freezing and now the audio goes to static when the image freezes. lets see, last week we went from thurs to tues with NO - NONE NADA image. and then last night- (fri) tried watching the ball game in hd and it wasn't possible. i thought that maybe it was just temporary but no it is still acting up today. also when using the "guide" i wasn't getting all the channels and sometimes it would be in letter box and others in full screen!
so everytime a service man comes we get a "new" box (they keep switching between 2 brands) and then about 2 weeks later we call again and then end up with another new box. I think what they do is just recycle the boxes between customers! they leave the store with 2 or 3 boxes. go to customer A and give them a "new" box and leave. Then customer B needs a new box so the tech goes back to the truck to get a different box, which is really the box from customer A and then customer C gets B's box!!

and where we live the only way to get satellite is to ask our neighbors to cut down some trees.

TW has us bw a rock and a hard place!!!!

R. Plummer in Panama City, Florida

29 months ago

Ihad dish network for 4 years and had absolutely no problems, if I did they were fixed immediately. I have had comcast for 1 week and have been jerked around sooo much it is not funny. I called to inquire about the service available and was told with Concast I could record from any room and watch from any room, WRONG!!! You can record from one tv and watch from the rest. I have 5 tv's in my home and we record more than two shows. When I asked the tach who installed my service about this he reccommended that I have another hub as the call it installed to record shows to. Great idea or so I thought. I called to do this and was told it was no problem and they would be out on 2/2/2012. Then I get a call from an installation tech and told that he was informed it could not be done, why that call didn't come from someone in customer service I am not sure. Oh wait yes I do because Comcast is a joke and has no idea what customer service means. If I am willing to pay extra for a service that I should have known about before switching then why am I not able to get this box!!! I have spent about 6 hours of my life that I willl never get back on the phone with several different so called customer service reps and am still no closer to getting resolution to this issue. If anybody has a phone number or name of someone I can contact it would be appreciated, because I really don't feel like calling some random number and have no idea who I will be talking to this time.

Saffron in Seattle, Washington

21 months ago

Part of Comcast's (and other companies like them) problem is that they allow a computer to dictate whom they hire rather than using humans to hire humans for jobs working with humans.

I recently took the Comcast assessment for inside sales. I went to the interview and they loved me and told my recruiter they were going to hire me. A week later they changed their mind because of my score on the assessment.

The test was a virtual call center with four calls. A virtual customer would call in and you had to select answers for your customer and do some typing and info intake. Easy. I have a lot of call center experience. Then there were a couple hundred personality questions. There was no math, no English, no hard skills. I am usually an excellent test taker. I graduated from a university with a 3.89 and I have not failed a test since 3rd grade spelling.

Apparently I failed their personality test; I have no personality? Haha!! Comcast is one of the many companies who have taken the human element out of their hiring process. A human being chose me to work there, having met me and interviewed me and having seen my credentials. A computer rejected me and the humans rolled over and allowed that to happen. I'm disappointed and disgusted by this type of hiring process.

At least I don't have to work for them. I miss the paycheck but I would have been miserable......but I still would have given the best customer service I was allowed to give!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.