Winback Sales Position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

kennyunderhill in Brookston, Indiana

64 months ago

Has anyone interviewed or been hired for this position. I am excited about the opportunity and have a phone interview tonight. I wonder what the base pay is and how long the interview process is?

Thanks...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

macchan in Brookston, Indiana

64 months ago

I had a phone interview tonight and it went really well. Its been so long since I have interviewed for a job I forgot what its like. Said I would be hearing fromt them within the next week so I hope all goes well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

macchan in Brookston, Indiana

64 months ago

Hello I got hired and start my job on Monday with training. Does anyone have an opinion on how they like the job? I am pretty excited although going door to door has me somewhat concerned. Any door to door sales people out there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jdelaney in Point Pleasant, New Jersey

63 months ago

How is the job? I have an interview july 16 for the same position in new jersey and am interested in how you are doing.
my email address is
mailjamesdelaney@yahoo.com
thanks

Pamela Edwards in Indianapolis, Indiana

62 months ago

I have never worked for Comcast but I always feel sorry for the door-to-door salespeople who come to my door because it seems they only come out on the hottest day of the year and my neighborhood discourages soliciting but they come anyway. They knock on the door all sweaty and 90% of the time nobody will do business with them because they show up unannounced. They have too much information to relate all while you stand there pissed about all the cool air your letting out the front door. I think road construction would be a more rewarding job. Also, Comcast should consider just leaving flyers on the door with all their info printed on it so you can take time to read it without some sweaty, smelly saleperson standing there waiting on you to make a decision. Just a thought.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

quads in Lansdale, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

how is it going? I a have an interview with them as well for same position in PA? Is it brutal? Do you get a base salary plus?

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Haze85 in Southfield, Michigan

57 months ago

Congrats on getting Hired, I have a phone interview Monday evening coming up and I would like to know what to expect from them when they call. Interviews via phone are worst in my opinion you cant really feel them out. How is it going by the way, is the money good? Base, and is the commission reasonably attainable? If you can respond at jeffreyhayes85@gmail.com. Thanks for the support.

Haze85 in Southfield, Michigan

57 months ago

Hey I was wondering how your Phone interview was, mine was some what brief about 15mins I would say. Was yours around the same time, and how long did you have to wait after the phone interview b4 they let you know they wanted to move forward. I just had mine today and they said if im selected to move forward id receive a call in a week or so, I had mine tonight

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

whynotreply in Hamburg, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

Haze85 in Southfield, Michigan said: Hey I was wondering how your Phone interview was, mine was some what brief about 15mins I would say. Was yours around the same time, and how long did you have to wait after the phone interview b4 they let you know they wanted to move forward. I just had mine today and they said if im selected to move forward id receive a call in a week or so, I had mine tonight

Not all offices have the same quality supervisors. They can make or break your career. This program is new and still has many kinks to work through. Comcast is a big company and moves very slowly when it comes to anything. Expect a thorough background check and drug screen. Goals for this job are agressive to say the least and now is definately the off season. Depending on your location and competition it can be difficult to hit your quotas which is where you make decent money. There is a "ramp-up" time to get you acquainted with the industry. After this time you are expected to hit the #'s. I'm seeing quite a bit of turnover and more to come soon. Not trying to scare you but these are the things noone will tell you. On a positive note, bene's are pretty good. With the NBC/Universal deal I expect the company to remain stable. Even when people are unemployed and struggling to pay their rent or mortgage, they want and need phone, internet, and cable. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jorge in Hollywood, Florida

38 months ago

I worked as a DSR for Comcast and it is a very challenging position, door to door is not for everyone. The benefits are great and you can make some descent money as long as you concentrate on selling the value that Comcast has to offer, I mean all three products (video, internet and home phone). In South Florida, a winback triple play pays around $300....not bad if you can sell one a day 6 times a week. Many of my colleagues sell anywhere from 6-8 triple plays a week and spend around 3-4 hours in their territory. My advice is to stay focus, do not get discouraged and always remember that you are just one door away from hitting your daily goal. Good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

comebackkidd lewis in detroit, Michigan

37 months ago

Jorge in Hollywood, Florida said: I worked as a DSR for Comcast and it is a very challenging position, door to door is not for everyone. The benefits are great and you can make some descent money as long as you concentrate on selling the value that Comcast has to offer, I mean all three products (video, internet and home phone). In South Florida, a winback triple play pays around $300....not bad if you can sell one a day 6 times a week. Many of my colleagues sell anywhere from 6-8 triple plays a week and spend around 3-4 hours in their territory. My advice is to stay focus, do not get discouraged and always remember that you are just one door away from hitting your daily goal. Good luck!!

We can tell you you was taught well in comcast U. Im going threw the training now. Yes everyone Jorge is right is all about the value I love comcast its a great company what ever you put in thats what you will get back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mau_245 in Petaluma, California

32 months ago

Does anyone know if the pay for door to door sales is base pay + commission? Let me know..thanks

trusgold in Bridgeville, Pennsylvania

32 months ago

kennyunderhill in Brookston, Indiana said: Has anyone interviewed or been hired for this position. I am excited about the opportunity and have a phone interview tonight. I wonder what the base pay is and how long the interview process is?

Thanks...

yes 28K per year and I believe a gas allowance and a blackberry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hastings1977 in Beaverton, Oregon

24 months ago

I have a interview for a Inside Sales position. I am a little nervous I applied for same role back in March. I didn't get the position because they said I wasn't aggressive for the position. So re-applying for the same role, how do you re-sell yourself showing you are in fact aggressive do what it takes show that you are a very good fit! Also, what questions would they ask for the inside sales position, and what answers are they looking for? Can you help?

comcastdsr in Houston, Texas

22 months ago

DSR positions are extremely challenging! You really have to learn how to think on your toes and be ready for A LOT of rejection! Any prior sales experience you have will more than likely be useless in this field because door to door is a whole different beast! It isnt easy like standing in a store waiting for someone to walk up to you thats already looking for a product. You are basically showing up at someones door step, unnanounced, and on their time, trying to sell them a product while they more than likely arent listening to a word you say....its pretty rough...

BUT......it is in fact a great job opportunity! You have the ability to meet new people everyday, provide a better service at a better price to the lucky individuals who take the time to listen, and its a job where you are your own boss (well kind of) you schedule your own hours, work at your own pace, and you arent stuck with unachievable goals to stress you out. And the pay is great!!

I started with a 25k salary, plus commission. Commission is based on a quota, and hitting just your required quota will get you about 2300 every 2 weeks, easily making this a 6 figure position.

As long as you have the will and drive to learn the ropes, and the product you are offering, and dont get yourself discouraged by all the rejection you will face, this is a great career opportunity for anyone wanting to do something "different"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.