comcast DSR position Pay and hours

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Kmarie in New Haven, Connecticut

32 months ago

Right now I am in finance working about 55 hours a week including saturdays for a dealership, the job is beyond stressful and i feel like i work more than anything. I recieved a call regarding the DSR position where I was told the salary was 35k, and i will make around 35k plus in commission and that i pretty much set my own hours, Is this true? I can not leave my job for something that pays lower. Can someone in this position tell me about the money and times you are working? How was it when you started? Any info will be helpful. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Current DSR in Columbus, Indiana

22 months ago

The bottom line is; this is a sales position and you get out of it what you put in. Hours may differ in other areas but in Indiana DSRs work Tuesday through Saturday 10am-7pm. Also, salary may be different in various markets but I can say that most people that I work with including myself net a total compensation of 60k-70k per year with about the top 10% of reps making 80k-100k. One important thing to know is this is a door to door sales position. You must have thick skin, able to accept and handle constant rejection and complaints, and versitile and adaptable to change as policies, procedures, pricing, and promotions are constantly changing. Hope this info helps. It sounds negative but what job doesn't have negative aspects right? It must not be all that bad since I just reach my 2nd anniversary with the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.