Comments (1 to 50 of 51)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

jack in Ambler, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

Anyone have any news on this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

GeminiSix in Atlanta, Georgia

86 months ago

JustinK in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan said: Here's an idea, stop using drugs and don't worry about it!

The idea that if you are drug-free, you have nothing to worry about during an employer's drug test is just silly. Over 250 over-the-counter drugs can cause false-positives, and even various foods and common health conditions will cause them. If you doubt me, try eating a poppy seed bagel just before your next drug test. Then let us know if your employer believes you when you tell them you are not hooked on opiates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (63) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

Fatty Mcfatty in Bridgeport, Connecticut

86 months ago

JustinK in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan said: Here's an idea, stop using drugs and don't worry about it!

Thanks for that utterly useless comment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (35) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

JustinK in Plymouth, Michigan said: That's why clinics ask you what types of medication you are on before you take the drug test, to prevent false-positives. And that poppy seed muffin excuse will not work, it has been proven to be a myth unless you eat several muffins / bagels just before the test.

Sometimes there is nothing to admit to a drug testing facility. People who unknowingly have liver disease, diabetes, or a simple kidney infection can show up as taking opiates, THC, cocaine, ecstacy, or amphetamines. You can be perfectly clean, and yet show up as an abuser. Perhaps you should do some research into the matter before you defend these faulty tests.

But, if you are so sure of your facts, why not do as I suggested? One hour before your next drug test, eat just ONE poppy seed bagel and let us know if you are still employed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

patty4 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

Has anyone heard of comcast doing a test for alcohol as well as drugs? Please let me know.

To answer above, they do a urine test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Shay in Chico, California

86 months ago

to answer you, patty4 I am pretty sure they cannot test for alcohol (and wouldn't) since it is a legal drug. Only reason I can see to test is if you were driving a company vehicle and got into an accident.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Looks like Comcast does test, according to this site which would appear to show all companies that test, their frequency, type of test, and location:

www.testclear.com/dtcompanies/companyresults4.cfm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Ypsilanti, Michigan

85 months ago

Shay in Chico, California said: to answer you, patty4 I am pretty sure they cannot test for alcohol (and wouldn't) since it is a legal drug. Only reason I can see to test is if you were driving a company vehicle and got into an accident.

They do a breathalyzer at the pre-hiring test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Timmy in Sarasota, Florida

85 months ago

Its an invasion of privacy man! Its not right!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Briana in Fresno, California

85 months ago

patty4 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Has anyone heard of comcast doing a test for alcohol as well as drugs? Please let me know.

They do a urine test for sure???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl K in Delaware in King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

Happened to me three years ago but with a different contractor and company. I take meds for a seizure disorder; I tested positive for Pheno. My access card to the place was never activated; I had to yell my head off to get back in to where I was working. Lucky for me one of the onsite reps came by and told me the job was not a good fit for me; I promptly went back to my state job where my hours were cut due to slow business. They later picked up in September.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Ypsilanti, Michigan

85 months ago

Cheryl K in Delaware in King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania said: Happened to me three years ago but with a different contractor and company. I take meds for a seizure disorder; I tested positive for Pheno. My access card to the place was never activated; I had to yell my head off to get back in to where I was working. Lucky for me one of the onsite reps came by and told me the job was not a good fit for me; I promptly went back to my state job where my hours were cut due to slow business. They later picked up in September.

When you are on any perscription medication you're supposed to take the bottle with you to prove that you are legally on something. I'm on a medication that comes up on drug tests and have to do the same thing and have never had a problem as long as I brought the perscription bottle with me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Joey in Houston, Texas

84 months ago

It is not unusual for any company that requires you to drive a vehicle to do pre-employment drug & alcohol testing. I think its a great idea. I(and they) could care less if you do drugs or party like a jackass every night, you should consider that before applying for work and expecting anyone to take you seriously. Also, it is not unusual for any company that requires you to work in an industry that is safety conscious(such as commercial or residential installation) to conduct random drug & alcohol testing. It should be expected. If you don't like it, keep partying and pretending you're 18... even Wal-mart does this type of testing, so try to lower your standards of employment a bit. Jockey a cash register at a head shop or go work for McDonalds.

Urine test - 5 panels (THC, PCP, Opiates, Cocaine and Methamphetamines). I believe they use Quest diagnostics, and they're pretty keen to any substances people use to mask the drug content. Which if you pop for those chemicals it is considered a "positive" test... don't ask me why, I don't write the effin' rules.

Breath Alcohol - if you're over .020 then you are screwed. Which means don't take that good luck swig of "Nyquil" before your interview. If you're stupid and want to try using the classic "oh, its my mouthwash/gum" excuse, keep in mind that the [residual] alcohol in mouthwash goes away in less than two minutes and (hey moron) GUM DOESN'T CONTAIN ALCOHOL.

Hope this helps! Good luck to everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Kourtney in San Rafael, California

84 months ago

patty4 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Has anyone heard of comcast doing a test for alcohol as well as drugs? Please let me know.

yes....alcohol is tested on a drug test....just don't be drunk when you take it and youll be fine....like if you have a drug test the night before don't go out drinking heavily....or even don't drink at all....you can go one night with out using alcohol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

nunya in Denver, Colorado

84 months ago

Laura in Ypsilanti, Michigan said: They do a breathalyzer at the pre-hiring test.

uh no they dont.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

nunya in Denver, Colorado

84 months ago

Briana in Fresno, California said: They do a urine test for sure???

Yes for sure

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BB in Phoenix, Arizona

84 months ago

nunya in Denver, Colorado said: heh... I was tested after the third and final interview. I had 48 hours to go to a clinic on thier list (Concentra mainly) and it was a urine test only. I was not retested but I lost my job due to the fact that they were unable to do their homework and figure out that my license was invalid and would take weeks (not days as they told me ) to straighten out. That having been said I think they are a decent company to work for if you make it through your training.
If you happen to get randomly tested after employment try having synthtetic urine on hand at all times. Works like a charm...can be found online with next day delivery or at your local head shop good luck.

i had an interview today and was handed the concentra bag,they told me to go there. he didnt say when,just handed to me it and gave directions. well, they havent called today? will they be upset i didnt show today? 48hrs?. is that the standard?
should i not worry and just go in tomarrow?...i will test clean ,thats a garentee..i just couldnt get it all together in time.thnks az

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Joey in Houston, Texas

84 months ago

BB in Phoenix, Arizona said: i had an interview today and was handed the concentra bag,they told me to go there. he didnt say when,just handed to me it and gave directions. well, they havent called today? will they be upset i didnt show today? 48hrs?. is that the standard?
should i not worry and just go in tomarrow?...i will test clean ,thats a garentee..i just couldnt get it all together in time.thnks az

It is best just to do your drug test as soon as possible so that there is no question. Human Resources is wary about that type of stuff, and the screeners tend to look at the date, and they will call HR if they think you're taking too long to get a drug screen. If you haven't gone to Concentra yet, you should probably go right now. Good luck and congratulations on your new career!

BB in Phoenix, Arizona

84 months ago

Thanks alot..Hope all goes well. i will let you know, if i get the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kara in Wakarusa, Indiana

84 months ago

Hey, I am a nurse, worked for the Mayo Clinic in MN. Poppy Seed muffins, ect can hold in your system for up to two weeks, even if you just eat one. And if you are planning on getting one of those "ready clean" type covers, make sure it is the lastest thing to hit the market. They are always coming up with new ways to test for covers, alot of them will make your uring so clean that it becomes a false screen cause of the parts per mil. Just a suggestion, good luck ;)

Johhny Rocket in Frederick, Maryland

83 months ago

Comcast does NOT do random drug testing.The do a pre-hire drug test.

The also do drug testing when you have been involved in an accident with a company vehicle,or have damaged a customers property i.e.(break a TV or computer).

If you fall off a ladder/pole,slip on ice and break a leg or any kind of personal injury while on the job,they will drug test.

To the person who said they don't check for DUI or speeding tickets....oh yes they do.

They pull our driving records once a year.

To the "nurse" at the Mayo Clinic...Poppy seeds...come on...drug testing is far more sophisticated than to have poppy seeds fail someone...I eat poppy seed bagels everyday...and never had a problem with a drug test.

Why people need to use drugs in the first place is beyond me...I guess life stinks for them and I know I don't want to work around anyone who does.

Because I'll make sure they have an accident of some type.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (73) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in New Baltimore, Michigan

83 months ago

Have you all heard of the laws that govern our country? WE elect representatives to legislate what is and is not legal. If you feel pot is so safe, do something to make it legal. In the meantime, based on your ability to spell and/or type, lay off the stuff before you push your liberal wacko ways on the rest of the law abiding, sober population who are trying to make an honest living and living within the laws. Good luck to you in your chosen twelve step program...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (60) Reply - Report abuse

Terry Johnwson in Corsicana, Texas

83 months ago

Urine test - 5 panels (THC, PCP, Opiates, Cocaine and Methamphetamines). I believe they use Quest diagnostics, and they're pretty keen to any substances people use to mask the drug content. Which if you pop for those chemicals it is considered a "positive" test... don't ask me why, I don't write the effin' rules.

Breath Alcohol - if you're over .020 then you are screwed. Which means don't take that good luck swig of "Nyquil" before your interview. If you're stupid and want to try using the classic "oh, its my mouthwash/gum" excuse, keep in mind that the [residual] alcohol in mouthwash goes away in less than two minutes and (hey moron) GUM DOESN'T CONTAIN ALCOHOL.

Joey,

You are correct. After reading this forum I do find that most of the comments are a bit off. I have been a med tech for >20 yrs and have worked in a NIDA toxocology laboratory at different stages of that 20 yrs. Today's technology is getting to the point that you can no longer mask dirty urines effectively. Poppy seeds do not actually cause you to test positive for opiates nor does liver disease give you a positive test for THC or whatever was posted above.

An employer can and should be able to require their employees to be drug free for whatever purpose (usually safety is the concern). Many in my area state on the door to their HR dept: "If you use drugs, then don't apply"

I hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Urine tests are for drug metabolites. Alcohol cannot be effectively tested in the urine due to its characteristics such as volatility. Alcohol is typically tested in blood tests although there are other test kits available using saliva.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Bill in New Baltimore, Michigan said: Have you all heard of the laws that govern our country? WE elect representatives to legislate what is and is not legal. If you feel pot is so safe, do something to make it legal. In the meantime, based on your ability to spell and/or type, lay off the stuff before you push your liberal wacko ways on the rest of the law abiding, sober population who are trying to make an honest living and living within the laws. Good luck to you in your chosen twelve step program...

Hehehehe... well said Bill, well said.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

OK for those who perhaps need to know, the following is a list of drugs and how long they stay in your system:

amphetamines -- 2-4 days

barbiturates -- 3 days (phenobarb can be 2 wks or longer)

Benzodiazepines - up to 2 wks

Cannabinoids (THC) -- Infrequent user 1-10days, daily user - can be >30 days

Cocaine - 2-3 days

Methadone - 2-4 days

Methaqualone - up to 10 days

Opiates - 2-3 days

Phencyclidine (PCP) - 3-8 days

Propoxyphene (Darvon) - 3-7 days

I am sure you folks know what trade names these generic compositions are. I hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CC in Houston, Texas

83 months ago

Anan Omus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Sorry that this azzhole GeminiSix thinx that people like us really need to hear crap that we already know ! Anyway, I applied at Comcast and got the job and they sent me for a drug test, the recruiter handed me a paper and told me that it was a one time pre-employment drug test and that they do not do random drug testing, this is exactly what she told and I was really relieved to hear that. Hope it helps man, Good Luck !!!

Does Comcast do onsite drug testing at time of interview??
THanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

CC in Houston, Texas

83 months ago

Does anyone know the medical insurance company they offer??

Thanks again!

Anan Omus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

No, I'm sorry I do not know about that, I no longer work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Edward Pearson in Fredericksburg, Virginia

83 months ago

Terry Johnwson in Corsicana, Texas said: Urine tests are for drug metabolites. Alcohol cannot be effectively tested in the urine due to its characteristics such as volatility. Alcohol is typically tested in blood tests although there are other test kits available using saliva.

I was fired from Comcast in Woodbridge due to results from a urine test that supposedly indicated alcohol in my system.
The only alcohol I had in my system was one swallow of mouthwash six hours prior to the urine test. Of course, they refused to allow me to see the actual results of the test.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Yep. They fired me after a urine test. I had swallowed ONE mouthful of mouthwash six hours prior to a surprise urine test. They refused to allow me to view the results of the test, but fired me after two years of working for them, based on that test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Joey in Houston, Texas said: It is not unusual for any company that requires you to drive a vehicle to do pre-employment drug & alcohol testing. I think its a great idea. I(and they) could care less if you do drugs or party like a jackass every night, you should consider that before applying for work and expecting anyone to take you seriously. Also, it is not unusual for any company that requires you to work in an industry that is safety conscious(such as commercial or residential installation) to conduct random drug & alcohol testing. It should be expected. If you don't like it, keep partying and pretending you're 18... even Wal-mart does this type of testing, so try to lower your standards of employment a bit. Jockey a cash register at a head shop or go work for McDonalds.

Here's the kicker, though, THEY DO NOT ALLOW YOU TO VIEW THE RESULTS OF THE TEST!! Makes it very easy to fire employees they just don't like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joey in Houston, Texas

82 months ago

Edward Pearson in Fredericksburg, Virginia said: Here's the kicker, though, THEY DO NOT ALLOW YOU TO VIEW THE RESULTS OF THE TEST!! Makes it very easy to fire employees they just don't like.

They don't test for alcohol in urine. I say again, they don't test for alcohol in urine. Only in breath, saliva and blood. No kicker, holmes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sonny P in Fredericksburg, Virginia

82 months ago

Truly, I understand and believe what you say. However, that did not prevent them from saying that they did. Especially when you are not allowed access to lab tests on your own urine. Since the only drugs of any kind that I partake in are aspirin and prescription drugs, all of which they had on record (I had previously gone through a urine test successfully when I was rear-ended driving a company van), the only option they had was to say I had an alcohol level above .020. This, despite the fact that the only test they ran was a urine test. Just another example of Comcast management's superiority complex.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous anonmous in Freehold, New Jersey

82 months ago

When I was interviewed two years ago, Comcast gave me a form to get a drug test. It's hard to remember, but I think I was given a couple of days to do it. It said I would be observed during the test. I went there and the guy looked really gay, but he left the room and did not observe me pee into the cup -- I would have objected if he had tried to observe (I am bi by the way, but still would have objected). They have you empty your pockets ahead of time. I do not do drugs, yet feel my Fourth Amendment rights were somewhat violated as the drug test is a form of a search and it was done without any probably cause. Anyway, I worked for Comcast for a year and a half and was fired for being diabetic. I had made earlier posts and had filed a Civil Rights complaint. They were charged with discrimination which helped me to keep my job a couple of months longer. Civil Rights was moving slowly, mabye Comcast thought they were not going to proceed, I do not know, but when I was terminated, I complained a couple months later, and Comcast got charged with Retalation. Hope my information about the drug tests was helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

You may want to try to file a Civil Rights complaint. Contact your State Attorney General's Office. Comcast had told the office I was in several times that we could not take our lunch hour and I am Diabetic and was still denied even with a doctor's note. I went to the Attorney General's Office -- NJ's Division on Civil Rights, filed a complaint, and Comcast was charged with Discrimination. This helped me keep my job a couple of months later which I was going to lose that week the way things were going. They did terminate me and then they got charged with Retalation. I am interested in possibly organizing a class action law suit against Comcast -- I am not an attorney, but if you email me at anonymous666@optonline.net I will be giving all of the names to an attorney to see if he can do this on a contigency basis. NJ is probably going to take Comcast to court on my behalf, but the maximum jurisdiction is only $10,000 per count -- I/we should get a lot more. Civil Rights is good though in that it does not cost me anything (it does cost Comcast thousands of dollars in legal fees -- they asked NJ for them back, NJ said no, and charged them with retaliation -- hahahah). Anyone who was discriminated against, please email me at anonymous666@optonline.net. Please include your name and phone number as my lawyer will probably want to call you. Also, the person who was sexually harrassed may want to email me too -- I am not sure if th

Cheryl K in Delaware in King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania said: Happened to me three years ago but with a different contractor and company. I take meds for a seizure disorder; I tested positive for Pheno. My access card to the place was never activated; I had to yell my head off to get back in to where I was working. Lucky for me one of the onsite reps came by and told me the job was not a good fit for me; I promptly went back to my state job where my hours were cut due to slow business. They later picked up in Sep

82 months ago

Edward Pearson in Fredericksburg, Virginia said: Here's the kicker, though, THEY DO NOT ALLOW YOU TO VIEW THE RESULTS OF THE TEST!! Makes it very easy to fire employees they just don't like.

You could probably sue them and get a subpoena for your drug test records. I am not an attorney and I do not practice law. I was told I could not have a lunch break even though I am Diabetic and NJ charged Comcast with Discrimination. This helped me keep my job a couple of moths longer as I was finally accomodated. When I got sick a couple of months later and exceeeded my sick days which they caused me to deplete, Comcast got charged with Retalation. I would like to use the State's position and organize with other people to file a Class Action Law Suit against Comcast. Email me at anonymous666@optonline.net your contact information and I will be in touch. I plan to forward all names to an attorney to see if he can do this on contingency. Let's teach Comcast a lesson and get the Compensation we deserve. I could get $10,000 per count through Civil Rights, but more zeroes need to be added to that. Let's get Comcast's stock to go down and see their checkbook come out! This will make a safer work environment for the next wave of employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

noone159 in Pensacola, Florida

78 months ago

I took a random drug test for my job on Monday January 28, 2008. On Wednesday January 30 the test came back positive for marijuana. I called my supervisor that told me that it is automatic dismissal. I asked to retake the test, and was told no. I contacted a local attorney who advised me to go to the nearest lab, a one different from the lab I had taken the first test, to be retested. I went the same day I got the news, and retook the drug test, which came back negative. I am so angry and want to take some legal action. I am not sure I even want that job any more due to the fact I feel like criminal. I am a 49 year old divorced women living with my mother. I just am wondering if I can take action against the company for putting me through this hell. I am interested in hearing anyone experience with failing drug tests. I worked there for 15 months with one day of sick leave taken. They sure devastated my life.
Sherry Bell

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shadowvine in Orange, Virginia

78 months ago

Breath Alcohol - "If you're stupid and want to try using the classic "oh, its my mouthwash/gum" excuse, keep in mind that the [residual] alcohol in mouthwash goes away in less than two minutes and (hey moron) GUM DOESN'T CONTAIN ALCOHOL.Hope this helps! Good luck to everyone"

Actually Joey that is not true. Mouthwash does not "go away" in two minutes when it comes to saliva tests.

I got a call today from my daughters teacher who informed me after doing a "random" saliva test for alochol on all the kids in her class this morning, my daughters' read positive. The lowest level positive readable, but still positive. And they were intending on suspending her for 2 days. I told them she had been with me since she left school the day prior until I dropped her off at school this morning, that she had not consumed any alcohol, and informed them that she does use Listerene when she brushes her teeth, and that she(her teacher)needed to get with her director and decide if they wanted to stand behind that decision to suspend her for two days for practising good oral hygiene, because if so we would have a problem on our hands because that is simply not acceptable. They dropped the suspension but I have an appt to meet with them tomorrow.

The point being this testing took place at LEAST an hour after she used the mouthwash, and it affected the saliva test.

sage lee in houston, Texas

58 months ago

Okay. I don't know what to do? 4 months ago, I had a vacuum assisted birth and was prescribed percocet and ibuprofen 800. I am breatfeeding and baby got thrush then i got a infected on my nipples and could not stand the pain (2 weeks ago maybe). Well, I took a percocet i had left and an ibuprofen so I could feed her without crying. Anyway, thats what i was worried about when i took a drug screen. They called yesterday and said i tested + for darvocet. WTH? I haven't taken that. I watched them seal my urine. ?.?.? Any piece of advise? Can I test positive for that med from those? I mean? Seriously! I haven't taken that!

espiii in Fredericksburg, Virginia

58 months ago

A few years back, I was in the field and got called to have a urine test. This was within a month of pushing my pay raise, which my supervisor made clear to me that he was not happy with. About two weeks later, I was fired for having alcohol in my system (which I did not, and they would not allow me access to the results of the test). It wasn't until much later that I found out that they can't test for alcohol with a urine test.

Short answer, they perform a test and claim the results show positive for alcohol.

JD in South San Francisco, California

56 months ago

Hello, I consumed cocaine in my country 4 times when I was 18 years old (12 years ago), I have never done that again. Now I moved to California and I am applying for a job in the airport, they required a drug test and I am sure I'am OK, but then, in another application to get the airport badge, they asked if I had ever consume drugs? and I answered yes and explained them.

Can I lost this job oportunity due to this? What should I do for future oportunities?

Thanks for your help

JD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

espiii in Fredericksburg, Virginia

56 months ago

The short answer is that if you are subservient and willing to take whatever they want to eke out to you, you will be able to retain your job. I got fired for having alcohol in my system after they took a urine test. First, I hadn't been drinking. Second, it takes a BLOOD test to find alcohol. However, I had found a way to force them to give me a pay raise that I had earned. In private, my supervisor told me that he couldn't stop the pay raise, but he could make sure that I didn't have a job. What do you know...turns out he was right!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tawdryhepburn in Portland, Oregon

55 months ago

I posted this in another thread, but maybe someone will answer me here. I was wondering if anyone knows what comcast test for specifically. I've heard it is opiates/thc/meth/pcp/and cocaine. I don't do drugs, however, my father died and my sister in law gave me some valium during the funeral/wake/will last week. I've heard it stays in your system for 6 weeks or so, and I have an interview soon. I didn't even think about it at the time. Am I screwed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tawdryhepburn in Portland, Oregon

55 months ago

JD in South San Francisco, California said: Hello, I consumed cocaine in my country 4 times when I was 18 years old (12 years ago), I have never done that again. Now I moved to California and I am applying for a job in the airport, they required a drug test and I am sure I'am OK, but then, in another application to get the airport badge, they asked if I had ever consume drugs? and I answered yes and explained them.

Can I lost this job oportunity due to this? What should I do for future oportunities?

Thanks for your help

JD

Cocaine doesn't stay in your system for that long (I've been reading about testing). 72 hours or so. It's horrible that someone can stop doing meth or coke for a few days and test clean, but someone can smoke a joint and will test positive even a few weeks later. I'd certainly rather work with an occasional pot smoker than a tweaker! The laws suck! Especially since in Oregon, people can be PRESCRIBED medicinal marijuana legally. The testers don't care, even if you are not going to be driving.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

shollowgenepool in Saratoga Springs, Utah

43 months ago

the drug test are flawed. i made a mistake and smoked pot all weekend while hunting with my brothers, the following wed i was popped for a random test at work, not good i failed and got fired. i did some research found www.thestudentloanninja.com and got an e-book on testing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Draylic in Brentwood, California

38 months ago

drizzy in Capitol Heights, Maryland said: How long does it take to get the drug test results back from the lab that the tester sends it off to?

Hey Drizzy. What type of test did you have to do. A hair or a urine sample?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

trusgold in Bridgeville, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

JD in South San Francisco, California said: Hello, I consumed cocaine in my country 4 times when I was 18 years old (12 years ago), I have never done that again. Now I moved to California and I am applying for a job in the airport, they required a drug test and I am sure I'am OK, but then, in another application to get the airport badge, they asked if I had ever consume drugs? and I answered yes and explained them.

Thanks for your help

JD

are you completely devoid of ANY common sense?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dom in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

20 months ago

GeminiSix in Atlanta, Georgia said: The idea that if you are drug-free, you have nothing to worry about during an employer's drug test is just silly. Over 250 over-the-counter drugs can cause false-positives, and even various foods and common health conditions will cause them. If you doubt me, try eating a poppy seed bagel just before your next drug test. Then let us know if your employer believes you when you tell them you are not hooked on opiates.

Tell us something we don't know dip shyt

Drdavis in Denver, Colorado

10 months ago

tawdryhepburn in Portland, Oregon said: I posted this in another thread, but maybe someone will answer me here. I was wondering if anyone knows what comcast test for specifically. I've heard it is opiates/thc/meth/pcp/and cocaine. I don't do drugs, however, my father died and my sister in law gave me some valium during the funeral/wake/will last week. I've heard it stays in your system for 6 weeks or so, and I have an interview soon. I didn't even think about it at the time. Am I screwed?

From reading posts from this site and others it does appear that Comcast uses and expanded drug screen that picks up benzodiazepines, and barbiturates. You can get an expanded home drug test kit at Walgreens or over the internet to see if it's stillin you system.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.