How I fired myself from comcast after 12 years of service

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Tech 6248 Vacaville, California in Antioch, California

24 months ago

True Story. I was a network technician from AT&T which was bought out from comcast. I loved my job, then i got a new supervisor named John Christner after my previous supervisor got fired. He was my new boss for roughly 9 months. I requested some new tools, they came in but my lead juan marroquin refused to hand them over to me when i noticed them sitting on his desk. He insisted they were for another technician and litterly grabbed them and played keep away. After our morning meeting i approached him non agressively and spoke with him about why he was giving me such a " hard time " and why he always seemed to be like that towards me. I couldnt get much out of him and then had enough and walked over to the human resources dept to report the issue but of course, they were out of office. Because it wasnt that big of a deal, i just let it go. About 3 weeks later my supervisor John Christner calls me and asks if i could come in later on to talk about some other stuff, i said ok. I show up and he briefly speaks to me about some off the wall stuff then says " unfortunately we need to speak to HR about the incident between you and Juan ", i was taken totally off guard. I go in and get bombarded with non related questions and just grilled about small incidents that have now been blown Way out of porportion. The HR rep made me look like the devil and my boss wouldnt even step in to correct any of the bad information which leads me to believe he was in on it. Being the stand up person that i am i confirmed that there is some issues in my personality that could be addressed and at that point i asked for help from comcast and that i just wanted to move forward and get on with my job. The HR rep just said i was noble for answering up to the questions and that my responses could lead up and to termination after an investigation was conducted. One week later, final check and a termination letter they tried to get me to sign saying something totally off the wall.NO COPY GIVEN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Tech 6248 Vacaville, California in Antioch, California

24 months ago

Let me add, when they cashed me out i had all my sick time and vacation pay with the highest technician numbers in my area and i was about 1 week away from getting a 5% raise for completing my com tech 5.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

James Bradley in Chicago, Illinois

9 months ago

Tech 6248 Vacaville, California in Antioch, California said: Let me add, when they cashed me out i had all my sick time and vacation pay with the highest technician numbers in my area and i was about 1 week away from getting a 5% raise for completing my com tech 5.

Same story. .same exact thing happen to me .same length of servce..same thing I use to work for AT&T broadband. Get with me when you get this message. .Very interesting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tech 6248 in Sunnyvale, California

9 months ago

James Bradley in Chicago, Illinois said: Same story. .same exact thing happen to me .same length of servce..same thing I use to work for AT&T broadband. Get with me when you get this message. .Very interesting.

Im here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

looking for a new job in Denver, Colorado

9 months ago

James Bradley in Chicago, Illinois said: Same story. .same exact thing happen to me .same length of servce..same thing I use to work for AT&T broadband. Get with me when you get this message. .Very interesting.

Wow Comcast is the same everywhere. 15 years with the company and I get a final written for my attitude. All I did was continually as management of onsite and help. I have been a outstanding tech and a go to guy. Comcast really doesn't care about employees.
Comcast would seriously benefit from cleaning house with management not its loyal hard working employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.