How to get a job at Comcast.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 347)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Richard johnson in Marietta, Georgia

90 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Comcast? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

No. Internet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Judy in South Jersey in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

90 months ago

I haven't had do job hunt for 7 years till now. I have worked as a mortgage loan officer, which gave me both customer service and sales experience. I felt that this job - APG - customer service - internet support, would be the best job match for me of any that I know of. My job references would show that no one works harder, longer, or is more loyal and conscientious than I am. I never miss a day of work!

I submitted the information online, and went to a Comcast open house where they gave me all the tests. They asked me to come in the next day for an interview. I met with a manager. He asked me 2 questions. Then He told me that I got all the questions right on the Internet test, and that I did well on the other tests. He asked if I had any questions and then told me that Nancy (in HR) would notify me in 3-5 days.

Aside from the interview seeming a little short I had thought it went well and that the interviewer had volunteered some highly complementary information.
I got a rejection letter in the mail, which totally surprised and disappointed me! I was wondering if it might have had to do with me being a woman in her 50's, or because I didn't wear a lot of makeup? I thought Comcast was an Equal Opportunity Employer?

I was wondering if it might be worth it to apply for a sales position? Would they even consider me for another position? Maybe if I can prove myself they might let me transfer to support in the future? Should I just forget about it? Thanks for any advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NotAnOldHag in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

oh s**t judy. i'm 56 and just applied to Comcast. guess i forget THAT job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Swordfish in Colorado Springs, Colorado

89 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Comcast? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

My advice is don't neglect a cover letter, don't neglect any portion of the resume. Do everything in complete form and when you go for the interview dress anywhere from business casual to formal but don't go too casual. I just went in for an interview yesterday and all the people who were too casual didn't survive the interview. This is coming from a guy who only worked one other job for 5 years in a similar field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

jph, tallahassee said: These jobs aren't real, they just post them to justify the job of the HR, Dept. and if they do, then you have to be part of the "Good Ole Boy Network" to get an interview.

thats totally untrue and unfounded. Sounds like someone is just sore because they didn't get hired. Perhaps it is because you harbor these beliefs that they chose not to hire you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

um... i don't know why i got this response. i'm not sore because i didn't get hired because i never even applied for a job to this place. ? i've been working as a flight attendant for the past 11 years and was interested in finding a job "on the ground." the hard part is being over 50 and also being considered 'over qualified.' another poster commented that comcast was not much for hiring those over 50 so i wrote back that i probably wouldn't waste my time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

NotAnOldHag in Atlanta, Georgia said: um... i don't know why i got this response. i'm not sore because i didn't get hired because i never even applied for a job to this place. ? i've been working as a flight attendant for the past 11 years and was interested in finding a job "on the ground." the hard part is being over 50 and also being considered 'over qualified.' another poster commented that comcast was not much for hiring those over 50 so i wrote back that i probably wouldn't waste my time.

That wasn't meant to be directed to you, it was intended for "jph, tallahassee". Overqualification generally is associated with the expected salary, it's really their way of saying "Yeah, we don't want to pay you quite that much". It really has nothing to do with the skills, but the expected salary, and if you have the skills to go with said salary, they often puss out.

For them, they think there's no sense in hiring someone who has all the training that expects a large salary when we can grab someone at entry level, train them, and pay them substantially less. I wish you luck in your endeavors, my friend.

89 months ago

Thanks for your insight. After 11 yrs as a flight attendant for a regional airline I only earn $25,000/yr for hard labor and too many nights away from home. I'm thinking I should "dumb down" my resume so I can get an entry level type job at $25-$30,000 start salary. I look an easy 10 yrs younger than my actual age so do you think I have a chance?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Absolutely! Just don't sell yourself short either. Dumb down the certs that don't apply and maybe that'll be key.

R. Gomez in Denver, Colorado

89 months ago

anonymous in New Jersey in South Orange, New Jersey said: What kind of a positon are you looking for, I may be able to assist as am an independant Recruiter for Comcast.

I have applied for two training mgr. positions on 5/25 and 5/30. Can you help me?

Dustin Montaie in Dearborn Heights, Michigan

89 months ago

I just got called for an assessment friday at 1:00 . What to expect? I ve been studying fractions and decimals like crazy. Im only 19 though is that a factor? I have a clean driving, background record. And I'm drug free. What should I expect? Im nervous, I currently work at UPS is this a factor?

sandra jones in Winter Park, Florida

89 months ago

i heard there was a job coming aviable in the galax va office p/t i would be interested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Be yourself, don't be gaudy. Highlight the things you can bring to the office. If possible, talk with a current employee & get a reference. Those help some. Practice quick math in your head for handling invoices from the computer test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

patty4 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard for Comcast doing a pre-employment test for alcohol as well as drugs? I'd really appreciate any info.
Thanks! Patty

89 months ago

just about every employer tests now. why would anybody apply for a job with alcohol OR drugs in their system?

89 months ago

Not unless you show up drunk for work, I dont see why they would test for alcohol. I only got a drug test. The test I had was monitored & they have you wash your hands before & after you urinate, as well as tell you not to flush after you finish (I expect to detect chemicals, the water was treated with something), so the bleach on the finger technique, etc. won't work. Ready Clean works wonders though if you follow the directions. It helps to work out too so you can secrete the toxins through your pores from sweating.

89 months ago

Judy in South Jersey in Mount Laurel, New Jersey said: I haven't had do job hunt for 7 years till now. I have worked as a mortgage loan officer, which gave me both customer service and sales experience. I felt that this job - APG - customer service - internet support, would be the best job match for me of any that I know of. My job references would show that no one works harder, longer, or is more loyal and conscientious than I am. I never miss a day of work!

I submitted the information online, and went to a Comcast open house where they gave me all the tests. They asked me to come in the next day for an interview. I met with a manager. He asked me 2 questions. Then He told me that I got all the questions right on the Internet test, and that I did well on the other tests. He asked if I had any questions and then told me that Nancy (in HR) would notify me in 3-5 days.

Aside from the interview seeming a little short I had thought it went well and that the interviewer had volunteered some highly complementary information.
I got a rejection letter in the mail, which totally surprised and disappointed me! I was wondering if it might have had to do with me being a woman in her 50's, or because I didn't wear a lot of makeup? I thought Comcast was an Equal Opportunity Employer?

I was wondering if it might be worth it to apply for a sales position? Would they even consider me for another position? Maybe if I can prove myself they might let me transfer to support in the future? Should I just forget about it? Thanks for any advice.

It likely had to do with how you answered your interview questions. If you got as far as the interview, eveything looked good up to it.

89 months ago

many jobs test for alcohol. testing is often random and unpredictable. it is not always given just for pre-employment. examples would be the airlines or any jobs connected to the travel industry (including truck drivers), security jobs, hospital jobs, and jobs requiring security clearance just to name a few.

Robert in Beaverton, Oregon

89 months ago

anonymous in New Jersey in South Orange, New Jersey said: What kind of a positon are you looking for, I may be able to assist as am an independant Recruiter for Comcast.

I am very much in the market for a job as I was working for a company that was a service partner to tmobile and they went bankrupt after I worked there 4.3 years. I have been drawing unemployment and I need to get back to work.

Scott in Tewksbury, Massachusetts

89 months ago

On January 16th Comcast Spotlight just had a massive lay off in Boston and New Hamphsire. Are you sure you want to work for this company?

Scott in Tewksbury, Massachusetts

89 months ago

Not sure if the cable side was part of it. The entire Sales Office was released in one office in Plymouth Mass. They called it " Black Tuesday " . I think it was because of the Adelphia - Comcast merger. Sad but true.

89 months ago

I just need to get back to work, Can you help me?

DANIC in Norwalk, Connecticut

89 months ago

HAS ANYONE TAKEN THE CALIPER ASSESSMENT TEST FOR COMCAST WHERE YOU HAD TO GIVE YOUR AGE TO TAKE THE TEST

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bernadette in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

Grisela Rodriguez in Chicago, Illinois said: They seem to have several offices, do they interview you for one and them pass you to another?

yes..tested in main location in am and interviewed at two different locations that same afternoon... was hoping to be one of chosen few to accomplish everything in one day... oh and by the way didn't know anyone who worked there.

Marcus Bay Area in Lafayette, California

88 months ago

Posted this on another page but will copy here as well:

I applied for Comcast (CAE - Billing/Repair) online. FYI, my location is Concord, CA. Within 3 days I received an email for a meet and greet invitation. At the meet 'n greet, we were introduced to the supervisors and had 1 on 1 interviews (screening). After the interview I was taken to a room where we could pick a time to come in and complete an assessment test (the next day). So the next day I went in and completed the assessment test and right after the test we were told if we passed or failed. Those of us who passed were scheduled for a final interview which was either the next Tuesday/Wednesday. I interviewed on Wednesday @ 9a.m. and I felt pretty good about the interview. The next day I wrote an email to the recruiter thanking her and the supervisor's for their time. Within 10 minutes I received an email that stated, "I heard that your interview yesterday went well and we would like to extend you an offer, please come in today to fill out some paperwork." I went in and filled out the paperwork for the background check, etc. 1 week later I received an email that states "Welcome to Comcast" and I start this Friday (July 6th). The whole process is very simple and they kept me informed the whole time. The recruiter provided us with her email address and phone number if we had any questions at all. Sorry to hear that some of you didn't enjoy the same type of treatment we (all prospects at the meet 'n greet) received. I wish all of you the best, just wanted to let you know that there are some regions of Comcast where things run smoothly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pacifico in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

88 months ago

anonymous in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: I had a friend that applied at comcast. She had changed her name because of domestic violence. They told her she needed to bring in her high school diploma. Do they really go that far for a 36 yr old woman.
There are a lot of woman who have change their names because of domestic violence.
That you cant find a background on due to safety reasons.
How do they get hired?

Like your friend, I am also a survivor of domestic violence, and while I did not opt to change my name/SSN, also have difficulties when corporate businesses purposely eliminate those of us job candidates who use a P.O. Box address for SECURITY and confidentiality purposes. We need legislation and HR personnel's enlightment to cease 're-victimizing the victims'.

88 months ago

I just did a phone interview and they asked if I was aware that they do background and drug screens. I told that was not a problem./ I do have a misdemeanor drug charge for possession of vicodin which were not mine. Will that eliminate from being hired. I have not yet done a physical interview. I suspect that I will get an interview physical one on one.

joseph in Hammonton, New Jersey

88 months ago

could you tell me about yhe test

BrownEyed1 in La Grange Park, Illinois

88 months ago

The test consist of behavioral, which is personality and if you pass that portion you move to the next part. Basic skills test is the second, reasoning, math and it is timed. The best way to pass the test is to not try and answer all the questions but try and get the ones you do answer correctly. You don't want to try and get the entire test done because you won't have enough time either way.l

anonymous in New Jersey in Orange, New Jersey

88 months ago

Comcast requires different test for different positions.
Which position are you applying for?

joseph in Hammonton, New Jersey

88 months ago

warehouse & installer

anonymous in New Jersey in Orange, New Jersey

88 months ago

I think you have to take the basic test math, reasoning and maybe behavioral.
Definate work history check, drug test and criminal check will be conducted.
Good Luck

Comcastic in Sarasota, Florida

88 months ago

Sarasota, FL will be starting a new CAE training class on Monday August 13, 2007. If anyone is in the Sarasota area and looking to work for Comcast, get your apps & resume in at www.comcast.net - In some places the Comcast interview/hiring process does work rather smoothly and Sarasota FL is one of them. - I started in March and this will be the 3rd training class after mine. Come on down for great benefits and fun people to work with. It's absolutely fantastic and the comissions are killer :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

isos in Rock Island, Illinois

88 months ago

If this person is a real persona the unabashed comment alone, “Comcastic” would be probable cause for a on the spot drug test!

Dianne Weber in Laurel, Maryland

87 months ago

I would love to work at Comcast. I hear nothing but good things about the company and also understand that they are very interested in hiring former Verizon employees, of which I am one. I have applied for several positions and am just waiting to hear back from them. Good luck to everyone else!

Getting hired in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

Best way to get hired at Comcast ? Mumble, grunt and dress like a hobo or sleeze for your interview and you are guaranteed a job ! No discrimination here.

Joey in Houston, Texas

87 months ago

Getting hired in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Best way to get hired at Comcast ? Mumble, grunt and dress like a hobo or sleeze for your interview and you are guaranteed a job ! No discrimination here.

Despite the sarcasm in your response, you're actually kind of right on the money(as far as the entry-level positions go). Timing is everything with Comcast. They will take pretty much anyone who applies and has basic skills and isn't overqualified. Since Human Resources for Comcast seems to be overwhelmed(and HR always seems to be overwhelmed... I just think most of them are lazy or jaded), they usually just push through applications when they are requested to the managers and let them pick the ones they want. So yeah, if you're a graduate, former military, or just somebody who has ever run a cash register, beef up your resume, shoot it over via the website and hope for the best. Hell, I got hired, I just don't know if I want to do it anymore... I always get offers all at the same time!

Danyel in Bronx, New York

87 months ago

I interviewed with Comcast about 2 weeks ago and was hired on the spot. I was given an anticipated date to start on 8/13, but i haven't heard anything from them since. should i be worried???

87 months ago

well, what is tomorrow's date ? are you starting ? Maybe it's time for a follow-up phone call on your end, wouldn't ya think ?

87 months ago

Comcast n00b in Sarasota, Florida said: I was just hired by Comcast today.

I sent them my resume via the Comcast website and also through a web site that posts jobs (similar to Monster). I was called the day after I had submitted my resume to the non-Comcast website.

I scheduled an appointment to take their tests for the following week.

I took a psychological test, then they gave me the technician test instead of the CSR test by mistake, (which I passed by the way LOL, and inevitibly the CSR test.

After testing, the same day I was taken to the CSR Managers office to interview. They had me sign a release for a background check and sent me off to a drug test.

It took them 3 days from when I interviewed to call me back with a job offer. (Which I feel is rather QUICK.)

They did check all of my references, this is a very thorough company which says to me there won't be much riff raff in the work environment.

I am very excited to begin employment with this company.

Good luck to all of you.

Riff Raff is putting it nicely...ever talk to their "RETENTION" department ? LOL

Danyel in Bronx, New York

87 months ago

I did call and leave a message with the recuiter and she has not yet returned my call. I figure, at this point wouldn't i've received notice good or bad?

joyell jackson in Chicago, Illinois

87 months ago

Yes I want to work at comcast,I heard they were hiring from comcast tech.
Please any advice on how to get a interview with comcast will be helpful.

Joey in Houston, Texas

87 months ago

joyell jackson in Chicago, Illinois said: Yes I want to work at comcast,I heard they were hiring from comcast tech.
Please any advice on how to get a interview with comcast will be helpful.

Did you read any of the other million postings here about Comcast? Are you new to the internet? Go to www.comcast.com. There will be a "Careers" tab. Click on it. Find a job in the search area that fits your skillset. Apply to it like any other job posting website. Wait.

That's the only effective way to get a job with Comcast Communications. Don't go to the office. Don't fax them a resume. Don't beg the cable guy when he shows up at your house. Just submit the application online, wait for them to call you back, and keep looking for work elsewhere. Good luck, citizen.

Stryker in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

anonymous in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: I had a friend that applied at comcast. She had changed her name because of domestic violence. They told her she needed to bring in her high school diploma. Do they really go that far for a 36 yr old woman.
There are a lot of woman who have change their names because of domestic violence.
That you cant find a background on due to safety reasons.
How do they get hired?

You seriously don't believe most major company are going to hire
people in this day in age who have backgrounds that can't be verified?
She should be able to get a copy of name change from the courts.
Plus I'm at a lost to understand something as we are not in the 1970's anymore, she could have got a pfa and had him arrested for merely dialing the wrong number
However with over 300 million people in the us you can lose someone crossing the street.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

upo in Centreville, Virginia

87 months ago

How much does Comcast pay? I can't make less than 50K/year

Joey in Houston, Texas

87 months ago

upo in Centreville, Virginia said: How much does Comcast pay? I can't make less than 50K/year

It really depends on what you do for them... I mean, any job can get you 50k a year if you work enough hours, sell enough product. But if you're looking for a job that you work 40 hrs a week and kind of slack off a bit(which your haughty sense of entitlement leads me to believe, "I can't make less than..."), then you need to get a degree and look elsewhere...

To answer your original question, you can make 50,000 a year at Comcast as an installer, salesman, hell, even a csr, but they're not just going to give it to you. If it were that easy, they would call it "Super-Jackass Overpaid Employee Money-Giveaway, Inc."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Wayne R in Monmouth Cty, New Jersey

87 months ago

Joey in Houston, Texas said: It really depends on what you do for them... I mean, any job can get you 50k a year if you work enough hours, sell enough product. But if you're looking for a job that you work 40 hrs a week and kind of slack off a bit(which your haughty sense of entitlement leads me to believe, "I can't make less than..."), then you need to get a degree and look elsewhere...

To answer your original question, you can make 50,000 a year at Comcast as an installer, salesman, hell, even a csr, but they're not just going to give it to you. If it were that easy, they would call it "Super-Jackass Overpaid Employee Money-Giveaway, Inc."

good point... In NJ the DSR/CSC position they say by meeting "expected" quotas, you can make 50-60k up to 90k. Not bad! If you wana make some good money , light a fire under your a** and you can make it here.

J40NFAB in Linden, New Jersey

87 months ago

COMCAST FOUND MY RESMUE ON CAREERBUILDER AND CALLED ME I LOVE MY JOB

Brick Wall in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

Well, great for you. Hope it lasts !

Wayne R in Monmouth Cty, New Jersey

87 months ago

J40NFAB in Linden, New Jersey said: COMCAST FOUND MY RESMUE ON CAREERBUILDER AND CALLED ME I LOVE MY JOB

where did you go to interview?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.