How to get a job at Comcast.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 350)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

PROFESSIONAL in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

95 months ago

Dude, here's a tip, don't give referal's for people you don't know. A referal is like saying you can vouch for someone's ethics and morals...if you don't know them, how can you, with a clear conscience, do that ????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Danyel in Lionville, Pennsylvania

95 months ago

Okay.. thanks for the advice. I didn't think about that. I'm the type of person who likes to help. Its not up to me if a person gets hired or not, its up to comcast who does a very through background check.

PROFESSIONAL in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

95 months ago

Good decision.

PM in Saint Paul, Minnesota

95 months ago

I applied on Comcast's site for a project manager position in Minnesota. Does anyone have any insight as to get in touch with anyone inside for this market? Or do I just wait now (and let my resume do the talking for me) like everyone on here says? Any helpful feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FOLLOW THROUGH in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

95 months ago

You should always send a paper copy of the resume, as well, to the physical location (or nearby). That covers the bases and also shows you are thorough !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Offended in Colorado Springs, Colorado

95 months ago

Stryker in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: You seriously don't believe most major company are going to hire
people in this day in age who have backgrounds that can't be verified?
She should be able to get a copy of name change from the courts.
Plus I'm at a lost to understand something as we are not in the 1970's anymore, she could have got a pfa and had him arrested for merely dialing the wrong number
However with over 300 million people in the us you can lose someone crossing the street.

You might not not understand abusive people. We have a lot of people dead because protective orders didnt stop them.
Saying this isnt the 70's makes me laugh.
Because today things are worse!
When someone changes their name underground due to domestic violence theres no records.
The reason for that is so the abuser cannot find them.
What you said is very offensive.
You dont know what a persons situation is. They were only on here to ask a question.
The last time I checked being a survivor of a violent crime was not a felony!

The person did go to jail. and the harassment continues.
Now she is be ridiculed for a question being asked.

If more people would respect others there would be no need for background checks!
Anyway Ignorance is Bliss for some!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

95 months ago

Offended in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: When someone changes their name underground due to domestic violence theres no records.
The reason for that is so the abuser cannot find them.

When someone legally changes their name, they go back into their history and have the name changed on all records so in effect they disappear. This way, the abuser cannot locate them and they still have personal references as always. About the only records that cannot be changed are things like court records and military records but you can go all the way back to high School records, college records and previous employers and the credits will be applied to your new name (at least as far as references are concerned). The schools and employers will not say you (as the old name) worked there but when a potential employer does the background check the references will simply say that (new name) did in fact work there or graduate there.

Public records that can't be changed will show you simply disappeared with no death certificate and your personal records will show you have always been the person with your new name.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

When you go underground, You leave everything behind, all traces of your past does not exist.

Swordfish421 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

95 months ago

I work at Comcast and I dont want to work with thieves and people of questionable character.

anonymous in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: She cant give her real name. When a domestic violence survivor changes their name, They do it for safety reasons.
I have comcast and I had adelphia before they changed over. Those people answering the phones....can be rude.
I dont care if they have a diploma or not.
If they can provide good customer service, Im happy. I even think ppl who been to jail need a job. I dont want them breaking in my house for money.
My husband is in the Army sometimes it is easier for us to get a job. I still think
everyone should have a fair chance.
If more people would hire without prejudice more people would be off welfare.
I rather My tax dollars go to schools than welfare!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

You dont have to complete them to pass, only do well on the questions you did answer.

dave in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: how can you not pass the assesstment exams? I had little time to complete with the multiplication and addition subtracting section. How can you pass an exam like that?

95 months ago

So your saying someone who was victimized and almost killed is questionable.

You work with questionable ppl. They pass drug test everyday.
Just because someone has to assume a new identity for safety and mostly because they wanna live doesnt mean they are theives.

I dont trust ppl who wear jeans and very casual clothes to a interview.
Im sure most of you dont put a suit on, And I mean tie and jacket and for ladies to a suit with a jacket.
I dont trust no one no wearing interview clothes.
If you come to the interview laxed, in jeans your productivity will be laxed.
So I guess the on this forum its ok to go looking like a bum to a interview, But
its not ok when you been beaten and stabbed till you almost die, then when you recover you cant get a job.

By the way those background checks, dont always bring up convictions.
So you dont know who your sitting next to at work.

95 months ago

How many ppl in your family have questionable behaviors or have been arressted or maybe even drive drunk?
If any of you ever drove drunk in your life, your a criminal wheather you got caught or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

name changed in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania

95 months ago

how does 13.85 an hour translate anywhere close to 50 K a year? no wonder constantly recruiting...everyone seems to miss that fact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

Sorry, You dont know Me. I am not abused.
My Husband is in the Army.

I own My home and do not need attention.
I have a husband and 5 children that keep me busy.
I also run my own business.
I do not live in Denver, Never been to Denver.

I was asking a question for someone.
I do not need to post on forums to get attention.
I am not lonely! Something was posted that was offensive and insensitive so I responded to it.
So sorry if it also touch one of your insensitive nerves.

I hope You find a little sensitivity.
Humble yourself instead of belittling a persons situation.
You might just find happiness.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

name changed in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania

95 months ago

Problem is you spoke without knowing what you were talking about watched too many spy movies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

I dont understand You ppl on here, Yopur on here asking questions to get a job!

Then you belittle someones circumstance.
Is yours any better? You are on here asking how to get a job at comcast..right?

The question was asked months ago. The person got a job.
She passed a background check, not using her old identity.

I hope you all are fortunate enough to become employed also.
To those of you who really do have a positive attitude,I hope the best for you.
negativity toward yourself and others only puts you back.

Think positve! also I dont work for comcast, Dont want to work for them.
I was asking a question for someone.
I hope when you do get a job you dont take that hater attitude with you.
You have to be a ppl person, with understanding to work customer service.
You cant diss ppl. better get it together if you really want to work for comcast. They need customer service reps, not people who are gonna go off and get mad over words a person said, a person they dont even know.
I feel sorry for comcast.
If they got ppl who are so negative, I am really thinking about cancelling my service. Just from the nagative ppl on this forum. Why should I waste my hard earn dollars on ppl who work at comcast and they are not customer friendly.
I hope you negative ones dont work there.
or get a job there.
IM done on this forum. I dont feel like reading any more insensitive ignorant comments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Dr.Robert Mitchell in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania

95 months ago

Dear Military Military WIFE
.....ABOUT TO EAT CROW....

NAVY...

FLIGHT SURGEON...

LT.

PRACTICING DERMATOLOGIST...

VISITING PA...

AND YES...

YOU HAVE RECEIVED ALOT FREE FROM THE GOVERNMENT AS HAVE I, AND I APPRECIATE IT EVERY DAY AND IN TURN I UNLIKE YOU HAVE PAID MY DUES NOW 5 4 3 2 1 TO YOU GOD BLESS THE USA AND FREEDOM OF SPEECH FOREVER

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in Waynesboro, Georgia

95 months ago

Offended in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: I dont understand You ppl on here, Yopur on here asking questions to get a job!

Nope. Some of us are here to help other people get a job because we got one. Some of us comment on what we read - same as you have done.

If you had a tiny lick of sense you'd realize this. If EVERYBODY was here to ask questions about getting a job then who would be answering the questions?

BTW - Vietnam Veteran here. Where were you in 1965?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Doc in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania

95 months ago

That exchange brought my blood pressure up a point or two tonight, guys! More by what she was smart NOT to say! The board would of lit up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Joey in Houston, Texas

95 months ago

Offended in Colorado Springs, Colorado said:
Humble yourself instead of belittling a persons situation.
You might just find happiness.

Everything you say makes you sound like a pompous whiner, so maybe if you get off your high-horse on the level you belong(which, last I checked, "Army Wife" falls under "General Pop.") maybe you might get a more positive response. You can't stand there and demand that people humble themselves to you or your opinion when you have absolutely no credibility. Remember, you're on the freakin' internet.

Charlie in Adrian, Georgia

95 months ago

Doc in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania said: That exchange brought my blood pressure up a point or two tonight, guys! More by what she was smart NOT to say! The board would of lit up!

Sorry, I'm not following you, Doc. It helps if you quote the comments you refer to otherwise your message becomes like a dangling participle.

Go ahead, Light up the board. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

I have been involved with about half dozen name change situations of various people and I have seen first hand how the process works. It is as I have described. The reason for the name changes does not matter. All the people were able to basically disappear on public records and change their historical personal records and even the most intense and clever abuser would not be able to find them via a search. There is just no way in hell that a person will have to be completely without references in this world.

The name change procedure is very simple and can be done without the need of a lawyer. Once you have a court order, you get a few certified copies of the order and write letters to former references. The only person to whom you have to explain why you are changing your name is the judge. Once the order is handed down, people to whom you can prove you were the other person are required (it is a legal order) to change their records.

The only difference between a fellow changing his name from Jose Ortiz (example only - fictitious name) to John Smith so he sounds more American versus an abused woman who changes her name to avoid the abuser is that for the woman's case, they will fore go the need of a public advertisement in the legal section of the local newspaper.

An interesting fact about name changes is that in addition to having to swear it isn't to avoid any debts, etc there are certain names you can't have. For example, you cannot be legally named a number (12345-6789) - You cannot have names that are totally inappropriate (God - Pope Jose - Queen Elizabeth - Mac the Knife, etc). What fascinated me when I learned that was that obviously someone must have tried to change their name to such things or they wouldn't have found it necessary to specify.

Most name changes are the first name only (the person just didn't like what the parents had chosen). Changing your last name is a flag to the judge and you have to have a fairly good reason to do that. M

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

(cont'd)

Most name changes are the first name only (the person just didn't like what the parents had chosen). Changing your last name is a flag to the judge and you have to have a fairly good reason to do that. Most last name changes are as a result of a divorce and are sometimes an automatic return to the maiden name.

Safety in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

95 months ago

Name changes, first, last and even middle are done for security, safety and legal reasons. Anyone can do it if they are willing to deal with the red-tape.

95 months ago

Sorry to inform you, but not everything revolves around you. I was speaking of your advocation of hiring convicted felons on for all jobs and to dispose of a background check. Whatever personal issues you have going on have clouded your judgement with respect to what is being said. Some things require secrecy. Can you expect someone who doesn't follow the law to follow company guidelines? You have to be realistic.

Charlie in Comer, Georgia

95 months ago

Swordfish421 in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: Whatever personal issues you have going on have clouded your judgement with respect to what is being said.

Talk about clouded judgment. If you don't quote you are clouding the issue because who can tell to what you are referring?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

95 months ago

This thread has gone off topic. Please confine your discussion to things that pertain to getting hired at Comcast. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hey Hepburn... in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

95 months ago

It's a public forum !

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

95 months ago

Clarification: It is a forum hosted and paid for by indeed that we allow the public to post on so we can create a useful tool in their job search. Please keep your comments limited to what is useful for job seekers. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Justin in Pittsburgh Pa

95 months ago

Anybody in here a recruiter from Pittsburgh, PA? Any employees in here from Pittsburgh who could help me out? Trying to get a job as an inbound sales rep.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JOBS in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

95 months ago

I suggest stay away from COMCAST, look at Verizon Wireless !

Justin in Pittsburgh Pa

95 months ago

JOBS in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: I suggest stay away from COMCAST, look at Verizon Wireless !

Are the salaries/benefits similar?

95 months ago

Salary and benefits are far superior ! I know of several people who have worked at both companies and there is nothing to compare ! Best of Luck.

Justin in Pittsburgh Pa

95 months ago

Were they inside sales representatives? Thanks for the responses by the way.

95 months ago

One was Sales/Retention.

bc in Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania

94 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Comcast? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I applied every day until I got a call and I know work there and I LOVE IT! Very employee oriented company !

94 months ago

Applied every day ? Seems like an act of desperation, or that of stalking ? See, another reason they are a poorly run company, they should have identified this personality trait and not hired this person !

unhappy in Detroit,Michigan in Saint Louis, Missouri

94 months ago

Watch out for the magical changing position. I applied for a CAE customer Account Rep position got called back for testing and interview. Once I came in 4 the interview the position and its qualification changed to a Billing rep where sales experience is strongly preferred and previous call center experience.During the interview I wasn't given a fair shot. Everyone else did role playing to prove how they would sell the products. The person I sat down with didn't even give me a chance to show that eventhough i don't have a real sales background I know how to sell to a customer, especially since I've had to call several times due to issues with my home service which half way works most of the time. The Customer Account Rep position just said valid drivers license and HS diploma and previous customer service experience preferred. I sacrificed a job I already had to interview with Comcast because I knew I was qualified for the CAE position not for a Billing Rep position. If they said from the begining that the position they were looking for had changed then I would of never quitted my other job. I wish Detroit area wasn't monopolized by Comcast so i can switch service and have nothing else to do with them period! I was warned about underlined shadiness from friends and relatives who tried to get in with Comcast before. I should've listened. So deal with Comcast at your own risk!

94 months ago

Why would you quit before you even had an offer ?

albert in Concord, California

94 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Comcast? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I'm taking the comcast computer testing soon. what kind of math is on there?

94 months ago

JOBS in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Why would you quit before you even had an offer ?

The job I had was part time temp. Comcast was offering full time with benefits which I desperately needed. My part time temp job had a strict attendance policy where if i was late to work by more than 59min. that was a point and if I got 2 points within my first 90 days I was fired. The day I tested for Comcast was point 1 because they couldn't work around my scheldule and I didn't want to past up the opportunity. I knew I was going to get point 2 the day I interviewed with Comcast so that's why ended up quitting cause I believed that was better than being fired. So if you are questioning my intellect on the situation so am I!

94 months ago

albert in Concord, California said: I'm taking the comcast computer testing soon. what kind of math is on there?

Basic math that would be on the ACT's or SAT's. If you are good with algebra you'll be fine. Actually it won't really matter how you do on the test. I've never known anyone to fail.

Career in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

94 months ago

If a company is not going accomodate you to interview for a position with their own company, then do you really want to work for them ? Why would they penalize you for wanting to better yourself within Comcast....should have called the HR Manager and advised of your predicament....my opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

SierraC777 in Pottstown, Pennsylvania

94 months ago

None

94 months ago

Ange in Clarkston, Michigan said: If you want, send me your resume and I can send it on- I have a friend who is a manager in the Pittsburgh office..that might be a start..

Hi there Ange,

I am searching for a job at Comcast and I just wondered if you could provide me with the recruiter's information that you know at Comcast-- I tried everything to get an interview there-- I want to work at the Comcast in Pottstown, PA if possible but Oaks in PA might also be okay. Let me know via email if you could possibly get me that email address and I will send the recruiter in Pittsburgh my resume and cover letter. My email address is SierraC777@aol.com. I will check my email tonight.

Thanks,

Jason R. Norris

94 months ago

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a job at Comcast as an administrative assistant or any other office position. I applied to comcast for a bunch of different positions but I still have not called yet from any recruiters. I wondered how I get an interview at Comcast or even a call from a recruiter to schedule an interview. I have a Master of Public Administration degree and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in economics. In all of my correspondence on the Comcast web site I used a professional cover letter and my resume is professional. I am trying to find employment at the Pottstown or Oaks Comcast in Pennsylvania. Could anyone please give me some adavice on what I am doing wrong because I really want an interview there. Alos would anyone know any good job contacts for Comcast? Any help would be greatly appreciated. My email address is SierraC777@aol.com. Anyone with any Comcast information is encouraged to email me about it--- I hope it can help me at least get a call to schedule an interview at Comcast.

Thanks,

Jason R. Norris

94 months ago

Danyel in Lionville, Pennsylvania said: I work at comcast as a dispather. Getting the job was pretty easy. I went to an open house, a week later i received a call for an interview. I was hired on the spot and given a start date. The background process took the longest (3 weeks). The whole process takes about a month. I LOVE IT here!! Its too many reason why. If anyone is interested in getting a referral just email me. I do know that comcast is still hiring in Aston.

Hi there. My name is Jason Norris and I am interested in applying for an administrative or office job at Comcast in the Pottstown, Aston, Reading, Allentown or somwhere in PA. I tried everything to get an interview at Comcast and applied to as many jobs online as I could for the PA area. I wondered if you could email me at SierraC777@aol.com to give me more information and possibly an email address for a contact person at Comcast for the PA area. Thank you very much for your help.

Thanks,

Jason

SierraC777@aol.com

SPerouty in Baltimore, Maryland

94 months ago

I sent my application and resume by fax and they called me back the next day. I went in for the assessment for Customer Account Executive and I passsed it. The test wasn't as bad as they made it seem. It is all on the computer. You take it in a room with the other applicants. It is five parts and it is timed so no one will finish it. You have 5 minutes for 25 questions. You can use a pencil and paper. It will only take about an hour or less for everything. Comcast doesn't give you a score just recommended or not recommended. You are not penalized for skipping but you are penalized for answering incorrectly. The questions are in word or written format. An example question would be: You work 40 hours per week and your boss wants you to spend 20% of your time on reports. How much time do you have to get everything else done? The answer to this question would be 32 hours. Another example is What is wrong with this sentence: My birthday is march 2 1984. The answer is March 2, 1984. The questions are all multiple choice and none of the above is an answer choice. If you pass the test you come back for an interview. The Comcast in White Marsh Maryland is hiring 35 people and the position starts 10/22 and pays $12.85 for 6 PM-10 PM shift. I hope this helps. I know I was nervous about the test. I think after you pass the test the interview will be a piece of cake. This is the best part time job I could find for hours and pay rate. Good luck everyone.

94 months ago

Hi there-- I am very interested in working at Comcast and I wondered if you might know the name and email address of any recruiters at Comcast. Preferably in the PA area but any recruiter is fine. Let me know if you can and I will rpovide you with my email address.

Thanks,

Jason

Wayne R in Monmouth Cty, New Jersey

94 months ago

oermail@optionsempres.com

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.