How to get a job at Comcast.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 352)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

SierraC777 in Pottstown, Pennsylvania

96 months ago

hi there: Do you know the person's name that goes along with that recruiter's email address? I just need to know so I can address my cover letter and resume to the appropriate person. Thank you very much for the information and email though.

Jason

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Wayne R in Monmouth Cty, New Jersey

96 months ago

its a recruiter for comcast for NJ, but they do western/south NJ which might be close enough for you, im not sure... Just put attn: Recruiter... ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SierraC777 in Pottstown, Pennsylvania

96 months ago

ok thank you very much-- I just emailed the person now to ask if they will look at my resume, cover letter, and references. I will also see if that person knows someone in the PA area. Thank you so much because that information is veryimportant in my job search. I will let you know when the recruiter emails me back. I am so excited!!

Thanks,

Jason

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Wayne R in Monmouth Cty, New Jersey

96 months ago

sounds good buddy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Miguel Mendoza in San Jose, California

96 months ago

I just got hired at comcast. I start October 4th. You know, to be honest. looks like a great job, every job has their dark side. EVERY JOB! They arent that flexible as far as schedules, but I am. I first applied on-line, then there was a career fair in my area where they happened to be there. I told them I already applied online but it was nice to actually give them a physical resume. They then told me there was going to be an employment fair at their Morgan Hill location (where they were hiring for).
It was the next day. It was the longest interview of my life 9am-4pm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SierraC777 in Pottstown, Pennsylvania

96 months ago

Hi there,

Do you have any email address or any contact information for any Comcast recruiters?

Thanks,

Jason

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Allieloopy in Ypsilanti, Michigan

96 months ago

I worked for Comcast for about a year and had to quit. I am trying to get back in now and have an interview for next week.

First the bad things. If you have ever worked for a high volume call center then you know what to expect. Managment now listens to every call and the stats you have to adhere to are crazy. I also hate that in the Detroit area you also get a lot of mad people because their Xbox Live won't work when they didn't pay their bill. They will be mean.

The juicy good stuff.
If you work hard and take advantage of their free training you can advance quickly. It took me less than a year to get a dollar raise. Plus free cable and internet saved me about 200 a month. It's a good place for people who are serious about doing a great job. Slackers need not apply. They have events for your family and benifits and vacations are good. Oh and best of all, the office I worked in had a casual dress code. Jeans and sneakers! A workout room. A game room. You can surf the internet during the day at your desk. And at free computers in the break room. (Other locations goodies may vary)

Comcast also employees people from the local community. Do you know how easy it would be for them to farm support out to India? They have a diverse workforce and it is one of the best places for minority groups to advance in their careers.
Comcast is involved with our local communities in many ways.

In the past 10 years I have been layed off twice from closing tech companies. I don't think Comcast is going to close anytime soon. Job security.

All things considered I find it a good job to have in a tough economy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SierraC777 in Pottstown, Pennsylvania

96 months ago

hi there Allieloopy. Thank you for yur description of Comcast-- I really want to work there but I wondered if you know the name and email address of any recruiter there. Can you maybe email me with it?

Jason

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Allieloopy in Ypsilanti, Michigan

96 months ago

Sorry. I applied through their website. I know that you have to highlight any customer service skills you have and that helps. They get so many applications through their office everyday it's hard to get through sometimes. But turnover is high, Comcast actually expects people to work for their money, imagine that!
Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

XX learn qucklyXX in Schaumburg, Illinois

96 months ago

Ijust posted my message and I wanted to tell anyone in the Chicago area that is looking for a new job me and 2 of my co-workers got fantastic jobs from a company called Strategic Talent. the emails is

hr.strategictalent@yahoo.com

The person/recruiter we worked with was Jeanna. She was extremely helpfula nd genuinely cared about us getting a job.

It's worth a try...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SierraC777 in Pottstown, Pennsylvania

96 months ago

hi there, does this strategic talent place hire for Comcast jobs or other jobs? I am only interested in a Comcast job right now. Could you let me know?

Jason

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Career in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

96 months ago

XX learn qucklyXX in Schaumburg, Illinois said: Ijust posted my message and I wanted to tell anyone in the Chicago area that is looking for a new job me and 2 of my co-workers got fantastic jobs from a company called Strategic Talent. the emails is

hr.strategictalent@yahoo.com

The person/recruiter we worked with was Jeanna. She was extremely helpfula nd genuinely cared about us getting a job.

It's worth a try...

Thanks Jeanna for posting your site ! lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SierraC777 in Pottstown, Pennsylvania

96 months ago

Danyel in Lionville, Pennsylvania said: I work at comcast as a dispather. Getting the job was pretty easy. I went to an open house, a week later i received a call for an interview. I was hired on the spot and given a start date. The background process took the longest (3 weeks). The whole process takes about a month. I LOVE IT here!! Its too many reason why. If anyone is interested in getting a referral just email me. I do know that comcast is still hiring in Aston.

Hi there.. I am interested in working as a dispatched at Comcast in the Pottstown, PA area. I applied online and used the employee referral option. I havr not heard anything back yet from Comcast. Any way you can provide me with any information that will help me out to get the job?

Jason

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TPLamont in Manassas, Virginia

96 months ago

SierraC777 in Pottstown, Pennsylvania said: Hi there.. I am interested in working as a dispatched at Comcast in the Pottstown, PA area. I applied online and used the employee referral option. I havr not heard anything back yet from Comcast. Any way you can provide me with any information that will help me out to get the job?

Jason

The Employee should have a schedule for when Comcast is hosting a job fair, that is a quick way to get the information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

XX learn qucklyXX in Clarendon Hills, Illinois

96 months ago

Hi Sierra,

I dont know if Strategic Talent has positions for that. But i know they were popping when I was there. I was looking for several months for work and I have an excellent skill set but looking for work is a full time job in itself. The person tere, Jeanna Roberts helped me and a few of my friends.

I only posted the info here because i believe in helping others that helped me. I am grateful for her help.

You can reach her by her email I guess.

hr.strategictalent@Yahoo.com

Hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SierraC777 in Pottstown, Pennsylvania

96 months ago

XX learn qucklyXX in Clarendon Hills, Illinois said: Hi Sierra,

I dont know if Strategic Talent has positions for that. But i know they were popping when I was there. I was looking for several months for work and I have an excellent skill set but looking for work is a full time job in itself. The person tere, Jeanna Roberts helped me and a few of my friends.

I only posted the info here because i believe in helping others that helped me. I am grateful for her help.

You can reach her by her email I guess.

hr.strategictalent@Yahoo.com

Hope this helps

Hi, Thank you for the response. I will email her and tell her my situation to see if she can help. My situation is tough because I applied for the position I know I want but I don't know exactly what the problem is in my situation.

Sierra

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

XX learn qucklyXX in Clarendon Hills, Illinois

96 months ago

I'm sure she would have some ideas for you. She worked with me to make my resume better and it did work. I really don't know if the company she works for is a national firm but it might be.

Good luck--job hunting is the pits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Justin in Pittsburgh Pa

95 months ago

Would an underage drinking (from almost 5 years ago) effect my employment status with this company? I am going through the background check as we speak.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SPerouty in Baltimore, Maryland

95 months ago

I just got hired part-time and started training Monday, October 22nd. I applied on-line through www.careerbuilder.com and I got a response the next day. I didn't know anyone that worked at Comcast. I have a high school diploma and Customer Service Experience but a lot of people have degrees and a lot of computer or technology experience. They really do an extensive background check and yes they want to see your highschool diploma and other documentation. I actually had to bring in pay stubs and w2's from previous jobs. You take a test before you get an interview. Its not that hard but its timed and points are deducted if you answer incorrectly but not if you leave it blank. The interview is standard interview questions. The training is 8 weeks in a classroom and 3 weeks on the phones with customers. Pretty much right away you get free cable, free internet, $14.99 telephone service, 1/2 off Pay Per View, free access to their on-site gym, free Comcast stuff, free classroom/study supplies, and many companies offer discounts to Comcast employees. The pay rate is $11.35 and you get a shift differential if your shift ends after 9 PM, and mine does! I would highly recommend applying to Comcast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Techsup in aston, Pennsylvania

92 months ago

I am A tech supervisor. If someone applies that makes a really great interview they can be hired with out a second interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kerby stpaul in Boston, Massachusetts

90 months ago

What if you have a criminal background but they made you an offer for employment with your schedule for training, will they cancel your employment before it even started because of your background even though you were honest on the application and interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jose barros in boston, Massachusetts

90 months ago

i got my interview 4 week ago then they call me that my background check still pending. it's been almost a month
and a week since i applied for comcast....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kesha lewis in Rockford, Illinois

90 months ago

I applied at Comcast about 2 weeks ago. Two days after I posted my resume on Comcast.com,they called me for a group interview. First impressions are the most important because out of 20 people only 8 were allowed to stay. Then we moved on to the next part which was the personality and basic skills test. If u pass the personality test you go on to take the basic skills test. Only 4 of us made it pass the basic skills test out of 20 so this company doesnt just hire anyone. They set us up for our second interview for the following Tuesday. Yes they check your references and you must supply a copy of your highschool diploma, ged, or your highschool transcript to show your graduation date, which you can find out where it is located by calling your old highschool. I made it through the 2nd interview which they gave me a contingent offer, which is 14.00 per hour not that bad. I went on to complete my background paperwork and was set up to take my drug test in the morning, so I made it. For all of you trying to get to Comcast it seems like they are looking for people with customer service, and working with people as experience. There were 2 guys that were subcontracting installation techs for comcast and they did not make it. They want energy, smilling faces speak up at the interview because when it was 20 we all went through a series of different exercises, and if you go there acting like you cant speak loud and clear automatic no I think. Be truthful and honest they hold you to what you say. Good Luck everyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

kesha lewis in Rockford, Illinois

89 months ago

Perfectionist in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: I see they still not verify your spelling and grammar skills. Please re-read your comment and try to catch your error(s).

FIRST OF ALL THIS IS NOT A ENGLISH TEST ITS TO HELP PEOPLE WHO ARE INTERESTED IN COMCAST. "i SEE THEY STILL NOT" OH THATS EXCELLENT GRAMMAR. GET A DAY JOB OR A BETTER HOBBY THAN INSULTING PEOPLE TRYING TO HELP ONE ANOTHER. IDIOT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Perfectionist in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

u also shld revw ur spellin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

JCaus in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

89 months ago

I applied one evening online for a comm tech position, i included a cover letter. Got a call the next to come to a recruiting fair.

Went to it, studied for the test the night before until 4:30am. Basically did really well on the test.

Did pretty good on interview after, then from that they told me i had to interview with my would be supervisor. Did that, and he recommended me for hire. I had to go take a drug test and they do a background check which took maybe 2 days.

Passed and now i start the 21st. My process took about 3 weeks.

Looking forward to working with the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JClark7930 in Denver, Colorado

89 months ago

Are there any study guides/tests available for the Comcast assessment test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

moe in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

i been a sub contractor for Comcast almost 5 years
and i applied for Comcast tech for in house
after the interview and drug test passed every thing and waited for ever like a month and half then i get a respond NOT enough reference!!!!
i mean what if you just moved to IL and don't know no body so that means can't get a job !!!
even though i did put reference!!!
HR department has to find a better way to hire people for work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kesha lewis in Rockford, Illinois

89 months ago

JClark7930 in Denver, Colorado said: Are there any study guides/tests available for the Comcast assessment test?

No. The assessment is a personality test which you select whether you agree or disagree. The other part is basic skills and following instructions. It goes by what you know. So if you dont know the correct answer Dont answer. Leaving a question blank does not count against you, answering wrong does.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

fantasy57 in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

kesha lewis in Rockford, Illinois said: I applied at Comcast about 2 weeks ago. Two days after I posted my resume on Comcast.com,they called me for a group interview. First impressions are the most important because out of 20 people only 8 were allowed to stay. Then we moved on to the next part which was the personality and basic skills test. If u pass the personality test you go on to take the basic skills test. Only 4 of us made it pass the basic skills test out of 20 so this company doesnt just hire anyone. They set us up for our second interview for the following Tuesday. Yes they check your references and you must supply a copy of your highschool diploma, ged, or your highschool transcript to show your graduation date, which you can find out where it is located by calling your old highschool. I made it through the 2nd interview which they gave me a contingent offer, which is 14.00 per hour not that bad. I went on to complete my background paperwork and was set up to take my drug test in the morning, so I made it. For all of you trying to get to Comcast it seems like they are looking for people with customer service, and working with people as experience. There were 2 guys that were subcontracting installation techs for comcast and they did not make it. They want energy, smilling faces speak up at the interview because when it was 20 we all went through a series of different exercises, and if you go there acting like you cant speak loud and clear automatic no I think. Be truthful and honest they hold you to what you say. Good Luck everyone

Kesha, when did you start and if you have started how do you like it so far? What is your position and what location did you get hired for? By the way congrads if you are already working for Comcast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kesha lewis in Rockford, Illinois

89 months ago

I start 4/21/2008 my posistion is CAE-IP Support Rep. Shaumburg Location

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

moefreestyle in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

hey
i am applying again for the different position CS
is there any help you could do for me plz
i dont wana be a tech any more.. been 5 yrs
also i dont wana try a different job
cause i got a good experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cruz9 in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

I recently applied for the Comcast Communication Tech 1 position, and I just recieved an email inviting me to a test day which is next week. I was just wondering what exactly is on this test, I want to be prepared and not caught off guard. I was just recently laid off -- so getting this job is a MUST. Any and ALL information is appreciated! Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

moefreestyle in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

test is easy/ math only
but you must pass
driving record/ no tickets for the last 5 yrs
drug test
back round check
is gona take at least 3 weeks to 5 weeks
it may less

good luck
i did it but i didn't have enough reference!!!!
& i had a speeding ticket in 2003
they denied me cause of that!!!!!!

good luck again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cruz9 in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

moefreestyle in Chicago, Illinois said: test is easy/ math only
but you must pass
driving record/ no tickets for the last 5 yrs
drug test
back round check
is gona take at least 3 weeks to 5 weeks
it may less

good luck
i did it but i didn't have enough reference!!!!
& i had a speeding ticket in 2003
they denied me cause of that!!!!!!

good luck again

Hey Thanks for your info!do you remeber what kinda math problems were in the math test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

moefreestyle in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

algebra
easy 3rd grade and up math problems
on the test you will pass for sure but
other requirements like i told you
drug test, driving records, and background check
pass those and you will be in guarantee's 100%

let me know how you do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cruz9 in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

Okay thanks for the info again.I will let you know next week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

moefreestyle in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

kesha lewis in Rockford, Illinois said: I start 4/21/2008 my posistion is CAE-IP Support Rep. Shaumburg Location

hey
i am applying in Shaumburg for the same position you applied for
whats the process that you went through?
i got the first interview on sat
let me know what should i do ?

Thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kesha lewis in Rockford, Illinois

89 months ago

moefreestyle in Chicago, Illinois said: hey
i am applying again for the different position CS
is there any help you could do for me plz
i dont wana be a tech any more.. been 5 yrs
also i dont wana try a different job
cause i got a good experience

I applied online at Comcast website. They called me about 2 days later for a informational session. Go online and apply they are hiring. I start tomorrow. Let me know if you get invited to a session. Make sure your resume is updated and has a customer service background. Of course you already work through Comcast, so you have the background and thats what they are looking for initially. At the session be yourself, be enthusiastic and show them you want it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

rkrigsman in Weston, Connecticut

89 months ago

Hi, I'm looking at an advertised position in CT. Need help getting in the door. I've applied online but need a referral or head hunter. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

moefreestyle in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

me too when you find one FW to me
Thanx =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kesha lewis in Rockford, Illinois

89 months ago

moefreestyle in Chicago, Illinois said: me too when you find one FW to me
Thanx =)

Hey I have some referral cards for Schaumburg. The HR recruiter told me to give them to someone who is looking for a posistion in Schaumburg. I will fill it out and then you go online using my name as a reference and she said she will see what she can do for you. So I need at least your email address so I can email the referral card and you can take it from there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

moefreestyle in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

kesha lewis in Rockford, Illinois said: Hey I have some referral cards for Schaumburg. The HR recruiter told me to give them to someone who is looking for a posistion in Schaumburg. I will fill it out and then you go online using my name as a reference and she said she will see what she can do for you. So I need at least your email address so I can email the referral card and you can take it from there.

i would really appriciate it and hopfully will see there =)
malkaramla@gmail.com

Thank You.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

moefreestyle in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

moefreestyle in Chicago, Illinois said: i would really appriciate it and hopfully will see there =)
malkaramla@gmail.com

Thank You.

Hi every one
I have been trying to get the referral cards for Schaumburg
if any one have one please send it to me plz
i would really appriciate it
malkaramla@gmail.com

Thank You.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cruz9 in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

Hi,
I just took my test for Comm Tech 1 yesterday, I was just wondering how long does it normally take for them to email me back with my test results?

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

moefreestyle in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

well how was the test!!
easy !! or hard!!!
it should take easy from 1 week to 3 weeks
where did u take the test
North ave

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cruz9 in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

the agree and disagree and patterns part were easy... but the math part made me think a little ....i took the test in homewood.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

barkitup1970 in Lake forest, Illinois

88 months ago

would like to get a job with comcast to instill cable how do i do this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

barkitup1970 in Lake forest, Illinois

88 months ago

hmmm in Bronx, New York said: apply online by going to the comcast website

what part do i go to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tiggielover in Modesto, California

88 months ago

Does anyone know HOW they do their EMPLOYMENT verification? Do they just call ur former bosses or...?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.