getting hired

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (47)

jph, tallahassee

92 months ago

Don't waste your time on filling out all the forms on their web site, they will not call, you are better off working the drive thru at McDonald's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

Former employee in Cromwell, Connecticut

92 months ago

THE COMPANY SUCKS AND THE EMPLOYEE TURN AROUND RATE IS RIDICULOUS. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES AT ALL..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

lessie in Homewood, Illinois

92 months ago

worked there as a temp in oakbrook,management is horrible and treats employees like s**t, don't you realise they are always hiring ?? that says a lot about a company with that kind of turnover.they use fellows staffing to get people and fellows let them railroad the employees too.you apply for positions and never get called, the employees complain all the time but it is hard to leave because they never give good reference to past employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Roslyn in New Jersey in Whitesboro, New Jersey

90 months ago

I appy twice for the same job and never heard from the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

heather in Decatur, Georgia

90 months ago

I applied for a specific job via a job board, and they called me within a week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

antwan anderson in Rocky Mount, North Carolina

90 months ago

i would love to work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sally in Fairfield, California

88 months ago

I applied online and was called the next day for an Interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Bothell, Washington

88 months ago

I applied for two positions with LMC and got in. Took some time as they appear to do things slowly but I got the gig in only my first attempt at site.
Try getting this type of results from say, Boeing or Microsoft.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Austin in Georgia in Richmond, Virginia

87 months ago

Paul in Bothell, Washington said: I applied for two positions with LMC and got in. Took some time as they appear to do things slowly but I got the gig in only my first attempt at site.
Try getting this type of results from say, Boeing or Microsoft.

How long should I wait before just moving on to other opprotunities? 2-3 weeks?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

superstar in Medford, New Jersey

87 months ago

Austin in Georgia in Richmond, Virginia said: How long should I wait before just moving on to other opprotunities? 2-3 weeks?

Don't wait. Keep applying. I've made that mistake before and it only lengthened my job search. Best wishes - you'll get something soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marcus Jalam in Lafayette, California

86 months ago

I applied for Comcast (CAE - Billing/Repair) online. FYI, my location is Concord, CA. Within 3 days I received an email for a meet and greet invitation. At the meet 'n greet, we were introduced to the supervisors and had 1 on 1 interviews (screening). After the interview I was taken to a room where we could pick a time to come in and complete an assessment test (the next day). So the next day I went in and completed the assessment test and right after the test we were told if we passed or failed. Those of us who passed were scheduled for a final interview which was either the next Tuesday/Wednesday. I interviewed on Wednesday @ 9a.m. and I felt pretty good about the interview. The next day I wrote an email to the recruiter thanking her and the supervisor's for their time. Within 10 minutes I received an email that stated, "I heard that your interview yesterday went well and we would like to extend you an offer, please come in today to fill out some paperwork." I went in and filled out the paperwork for the background check, etc. 1 week later I received an email that states "Welcome to Comcast" and I start this Friday (July 6th). The whole process is very simple and they kept me informed the whole time. The recruiter provided us with her email address and phone number if we had any questions at all. Sorry to hear that some of you didn't enjoy the same type of treatment we (all prospects at the meet 'n greet) received. I wish all of you the best, just wanted to let you know that there are some regions of Comcast where things run smoothly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Antioch, California

84 months ago

Marcus Jalam in Lafayette, California said: I applied for Comcast (CAE - Billing/Repair) online. FYI, my location is Concord, CA. Within 3 days I received an email for a meet and greet invitation. At the meet 'n greet, we were introduced to the supervisors and had 1 on 1 interviews (screening). After the interview I was taken to a room where we could pick a time to come in and complete an assessment test (the next day). So the next day I went in and completed the assessment test and right after the test we were told if we passed or failed. Those of us who passed were scheduled for a final interview which was either the next Tuesday/Wednesday. I interviewed on Wednesday @ 9a.m. and I felt pretty good about the interview. The next day I wrote an email to the recruiter thanking her and the supervisor's for their time. Within 10 minutes I received an email that stated, "I heard that your interview yesterday went well and we would like to extend you an offer, please come in today to fill out some paperwork." I went in and filled out the paperwork for the background check, etc. 1 week later I received an email that states "Welcome to Comcast" and I start this Friday (July 6th). The whole process is very simple and they kept me informed the whole time. The recruiter provided us with her email address and phone number if we had any questions at all. Sorry to hear that some of you didn't enjoy the same type of treatment we (all prospects at the meet 'n greet) received. I wish all of you the best, just wanted to let you know that there are some regions of Comcast where things run smoothly.

Hey Marcus I have a meet and greet for the same positon sept 13th... what kind of assessment test was given for that position??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marcus in Lafayette, California

84 months ago

The assessment testing is done after the meet 'n greet. They will schedule you after the first interview which is during the meet 'n greet. The assessment test is a personality test which is simple (we got as long as we wanted for that test) and the assessment test is mathematical stuff and simple logic. They give you very little time 15 minute sections. The best thing to do is answer what you can and make sure that what you answer is correct. They don't expect you to answer all of the questions, but they expect you to get the correct answers for the ones you did answer. After you finish the assessment test, they will run your results through their computer and if you passed they will schedule you for a final interview. If you nail that, then they will extend an offer. Good luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Antioch, California

84 months ago

thanks for replying... 1 more thing.. do you remember what kind of math problems (i.e fractions!!)there were because i here that a lot of people fail that portion and I just want to brush up on my basic math.... if needed..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sherniece in Memphis, Tennessee

84 months ago

jph, tallahassee said: Don't waste your time on filling out all the forms on their web site, they will not call, you are better off working the drive thru at McDonald's.

Actually, you are incorrect. I fill out a application online and they call me in for the test. I did the interview today. I hope i get the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kaori in Portland, Oregon

81 months ago

Hi, I'm located in Oregon and have been unsuccessful in getting my foot in the door at Comcast. I went to the Employment Dept's website and it said there was a job fair event going on Monday, 12/03. There were 15 openings; when I called to inquire about which positions they were hiring, it sounded like Comcast was looking for door to door sales.

I'd love to work for Comcast, but I've hated door to door sales since my high school fundraising days. On the other hand, I feel like if I don't go, I won't be noticed by HR. I've already gone to their job fair at their call center 3 weeks ago and was told I would definitely get a call back about a Retention Rep position. I've called to follow up and spoken to a recruiter in HR and he told me to send my resume. Still no response. I know Comcast is a large company and the hiring process tends to be slow, but this is killing me. I wonder if I should still go to the hiring event, even though it is for a less than desired position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wayne R in Monmouth Cty, New Jersey

81 months ago

What # did you call. One of the #'s listed is for the DSR only (door to door sales) is you called that 1800# and talked to Leah or Kelly then you called the wrong place. Comcast uses this system called brass ring. you will need to make sure that you have gone to Comcast.com and uploaded your resume. that is the best way to go if you are not looking for the DSR. If you have alrteady done that they I would keep sending my resume for an opeing that i see until you get a person on the phone, once you have then on the phone send them your resume directly and keep them on the phone until they can confirm that you have it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nervamh in SLC, Utah

79 months ago

When I first applied for Comcast for their sales position and customer support, I didn't get a call back when applying on their website. Then about four months later I saw they were hiring again on the TV (since I use Comcast's service) and I had more work experience then. So I applied again online and after about four days got an e-mail to come to their offices to do an interview and take an assessment test.

Got there and there were about 11 other people. We filed out an employment packet basically asking for job history and personal information like all jobs do. We were shown a video on what the position is about so people that didn't like the job could leave right away, since it is sales and could be stressful as all can be. Then after that we were taken to do an assessment test that only asked us questions on how we react to certain things, and it did have some trick questions to see if we were paying attention, like "You are a human being". Two people left before the assessment and three people were told they failed the assessment, which they were taken to another room and not told infront of the people that passed.

After that, they had us all do interviews. In the interviews, two supervisors each asked me questions mainly on customer service, since the Comcast atleast in Utah really want to make sure you don't get angry at customers. I was then asked to leave the room and they'd call me back in. When asked to come in, I was given the job and training would start in two weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nervamh in SLC, Utah

79 months ago

When I was waiting these two weeks, they did an extensive background check and had some company perform it. They found exactly when I had what jobs, called all my references and had me take a drug test the day I was given the position.

The full blow background check was a little stressful since they called me a couple of times asking me to confirm certain things about my job history, and they couldn't find a record for one job since I guess that job didn't put stuff in whatever records they were checking, so I had to have a co-worker or supervisor from that last job confirm I worked at that time. Then they couldn't get in contact with some of my references, and they had to all be professional references, so it was a little difficult getting some since I am only 21 and most jobs I had were just that, job. So most people I worked with at the stores I did were gone and could get them as references.

But, I start tomorrow in training and am excited for orientation. Actually, this Thursday we're all meeting at an expo center here in Sandy, UT for an all employee meeting where they're giving us breakfast and telling us what the plans are for Comcast for this next year, which kind of surprised me I was going since I just got hired.

What really made me want to work for Comcast is how nice the Sandy, UT building is and the atmosphere. The employees sounded happy and glad to work there and the benifets are amazing. 401k 6% match, paid-time off with flex days and floating holidays, double-time and a half for working holidays, great commision which sounded low stress on sales since it's all inbound calls and we were told to never nag the customer if they didn't want to buy something, and all the discounts and medical/dental that covers 85%.

In Utah, Comcast was rated one of the best companies to work for in 2005 and 2006 by the workers. Seem like in some states, Comcast isn't very nice to their workers, but that's all with how management is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Catwoman in Pennsylvania

79 months ago

Marcus Jalam in Lafayette, California said: I applied for Comcast (CAE - Billing/Repair) online. FYI, my location is Concord, CA. Within 3 days I received an email for a meet and greet invitation. At the meet 'n greet, we were introduced to the supervisors and had 1 on 1 interviews (screening). After the interview I was taken to a room where we could pick a time to come in and complete an assessment test (the next day). So the next day I went in and completed the assessment test and right after the test we were told if we passed or failed. Those of us who passed were scheduled for a final interview which was either the next Tuesday/Wednesday. I interviewed on Wednesday @ 9a.m. and I felt pretty good about the interview. The next day I wrote an email to the recruiter thanking her and the supervisor's for their time. Within 10 minutes I received an email that stated, "I heard that your interview yesterday went well and we would like to extend you an offer, please come in today to fill out some paperwork." I went in and filled out the paperwork for the background check, etc. 1 week later I received an email that states "Welcome to Comcast" and I start this Friday (July 6th). The whole process is very simple and they kept me informed the whole time. The recruiter provided us with her email address and phone number if we had any questions at all. Sorry to hear that some of you didn't enjoy the same type of treatment we (all prospects at the meet 'n greet) received. I wish all of you the best, just wanted to let you know that there are some regions of Comcast where things run smoothly.

Hi, I'm also interviewing for the internet help desk position. Would you be able to tell me what I can expect on the assessment test and what the job intails?

Ryan in Duluth, Minnesota

79 months ago

I applied for 5 Communication Technician Positions over the last month or so in the in the Twin Cities area (St Paul/Minneapolis), I have been in the industry for over 4 years and im well qualified, maybe too qualified for the entry level positions im applying for. I'm looking to relocate from Duluth to anywhere within the 40 miles of the cities.....but I can't even get a call. I tried phoning office directly, Broklyn Park, got an answering machine everytime, left message no return. Anyone out in that area give me more advice on this....maybe network with someone that knows someone....im not sure

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

luicho in Chicago, Illinois

78 months ago

Sorry about all the bad experiences you people are having.unfortunately,there are no straight answers to any of your questions for the hiring process in every state varies.but the fact that a person should relax before the assesment test and try to answer all the questions as best as he or she can.i took that test before and they dont focus on math that much and i was hired with 3 people older than 50! matter of fact one was 63.so,that being said you should have no prob but to be on safe side brush up on your math there are lots of free sites out there.

Proguy42 in New Castle, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

Hello,
I am near Pittsburgh, PA and I am thinking of applying at Comcast for the Customer Retention Rep. position. Can anyone give me some insight about this job like hours, stress level, pay scale?

Any advice or tips anyone can give would be great. I've been working as a teaher for 8 years now and I feel I need a career chage! Thanks in advance.

Joey in deepinahearta, Texas

76 months ago

for everyone who is having difficulty getting hired, don't discourage potentially good employees from applying. there are a lot of knuckleheads who work for this company who only got hired on because they knew somebody who knew somebody, etc. and i agree that it needs to stop. i got hired with absolutely no references or connections, no cable experience, just a really good-looking resume and an awesome interview. that and i spent five years in the marines so i probably have a great work ethic(its like having an accent, i really can't tell the difference).

a positive attitude and good personality with the supervisor who interviews you will do about 70 percent of the work. just because you've contracted for 10 years you may be another paycheck collecting piece-worker who just wants benefits. you think they don't already know that? and who the hell wears jeans to an interview? do your damn research, don't go to a job interview looking like just got done tailgating.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jayzooks in Logansport, Indiana

75 months ago

Does comcast conduct a 7 year background check or longer?

alwayunderpaid in Bradenton, Florida

66 months ago

Do not waste your time unless you think $10.75 is great pay...HA HA sorry, But in 2001 I started out $11 hr @ Lowes for a cashiers job in Tampa Bay FL! It is not worth your time! Unless you just got out of High School and you think this is a great rate of pay. Please don't star out this way! You will be stuck for the rest of you career

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

gogogo in Tucson, Arizona

65 months ago

ok so i got a conditional offer last week and am waiting to hear from my background check to clear, today i got a email saying welcome comcaster and congratulations on your new role! and it goes on saying about direct deposit and other things etc etc etc, and at the end it say again, welcome to comcast. Does this mean that my background check came back and im all set to start comcast universty?, thanks

gogogo in Tucson, Arizona

65 months ago

i got that same email too but no start date in the email, does that mean that my background check came back clear

Kaori in Portland, Oregon

62 months ago

If you list a current position (temp job) on the online job application, will Comcast end up contacting your current workplace? The reason I ask is because I don't want my current workplace to know I'm looking for other work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joey in deepinahearta, Texas

62 months ago

Kaori in Portland, Oregon said: If you list a current position (temp job) on the online job application, will Comcast end up contacting your current workplace? The reason I ask is because I don't want my current workplace to know I'm looking for other work.

they usually don't until they've touched base with you. its just part of the reference check, but you can tell them you'd prefer that they don't contact former or current employers

JJ107 in New Jersey

62 months ago

Can someone please help, I was offered a job as an outside sales rep last thursday contingent upon the drug test and background check clearing. It's been a week and no word yet and I checked my online profile and it said 'not hired.' Is this because they havent finished my background check yet or because something came back negatively not allowing me to be hired? I haven't been contacted by them so I'm very nervous as to what's going on bc there should be no reason by background check doesnt clear smoothly.

Mesaba24 in Ypsilanti, Michigan

55 months ago

JJ107 in New Jersey said: Can someone please help, I was offered a job as an outside sales rep last thursday contingent upon the drug test and background check clearing. It's been a week and no word yet and I checked my online profile and it said 'not hired.' Is this because they havent finished my background check yet or because something came back negatively not allowing me to be hired? I haven't been contacted by them so I'm very nervous as to what's going on bc there should be no reason by background check doesnt clear smoothly.

It took me like a month before i got 'the call', my second job is with a Airline so all my stuff is squeeky clean

Mesaba24 in Ypsilanti, Michigan

55 months ago

also if they need something additional they will call, the outside company that they use are very nice people. im a TSS in MI

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Frankly in Detroit in Belleville, Michigan

49 months ago

Comcast touts itself as a family company. This is for 2 reasons, it was started by Ralph Roberts and handed down to his son Brian. Nepotism is rampant throughout the company. If you're not related to anyone, you may still get hired. However, your career options will be much harded and more rewarding personally.

The other reason Comcast is considered a family company is that Comcast owns several companies. Getting in with Comcast may make it easier to get on with one of those companies.

Comcast does offer great benefits. However, with the negative attitude towards their customer service (some of it warranted), this can be a big negative.

That being said, if you like a challenge and don't want things just handed to you, then I encourage you to apply and make a difference.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nbloum in Milton, Delaware

36 months ago

Can anyone tell me what kinds of questions are asked at the Comcast one on one interview?

Frankly in Detroit in Northville, Michigan

36 months ago

nbloum in Milton, Delaware said: Can anyone tell me what kinds of questions are asked at the Comcast one on one interview?

Which job posting? Different questions for different positions...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nbloum in Georgetown, Delaware

36 months ago

Frankly in Detroit in Northville, Michigan said: Which job posting? Different questions for different positions...

Sales Rep.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lisacampbell in Canton, Michigan

35 months ago

Mesaba24 in Ypsilanti, Michigan said: also if they need something additional they will call, the outside company that they use are very nice people. im a TSS in MI

Mesaba24 , Do you work out of Ann Arbor? I am going for a TSS also, but have not recev'd a call. it's been 7 days (not including Labor Day) and I haven't heard anything. How were you contacted? i'm SO anxious. i have a squeeky clean record, but I do have a termination in the past. Do you think that this will be held against me? Also, I am currently employed with a temp agency. instead of the temp agency, I put down the company in which I was temp. hired for. Could this be a hold up?

Sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida

35 months ago

What is the salary for Customer service rep sales, Customer service rep IT, and Quality Assurance rep?

Does everyone start the same or they go off experience?

Does it matter if you have a degree or not?,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Saffron in Seattle, Washington

23 months ago

Austin in Georgia in Richmond, Virginia said: How long should I wait before just moving on to other opprotunities? 2-3 weeks?

You should already be moving on to other opportunites. Or rather, since this is so far in the past, I hope you were moving on with other opportunities. Don't put your eggs in one basket. You can't ever depend on these big companies for anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

autumnssinger in Pekin, Illinois

22 months ago

I am a lot farther in the process, they are doing a background check..and I know I have a battery on my background I really hope that doesn't change anything..well with god all things are possible

22 months ago

I am a lot farther in the process, they are doing a background check..and I know I have a battery on my background I really hope that doesn't change anything..well with god all things are possible

CLUV in Michigan City, Indiana

21 months ago

Autumn,

How did it go? I am applying as well and have a misdemeanor battery from 2008 on record out of state though. Please Keep me updated on your process. Thanks and best of blessings to us both!

21 months ago

CLUV in Michigan City, Indiana said: Autumn,

How did it go? I am applying as well and have a misdemeanor battery from 2008 on record out of state though. Please Keep me updated on your process. Thanks and best of blessings to us both!

I got an email back from CARCO < Which is the group that does the background checks, They of course asked for explanation to the situation so I told them everything. Now it is up to the Comcast recruiter to hopefully look at my job qualifications and how well I am suited for the position rather than my past mistakes.

Blessings your way!

21 months ago

autumnssinger in Pekin, Illinois said: I got an email back from CARCO < Which is the group that does the background checks, They of course asked for explanation to the situation so I told them everything. Now it is up to the Comcast recruiter to hopefully look at my job qualifications and how well I am suited for the position rather than my past mistakes.

Blessings your way!

Have you heard anything back?

21 months ago

Yes I did, The Battery stopped me from getting the job.
Good luck to you and god bless you

21 months ago

Man, that sucks. Hey write me at lyricalotus@live.com. I have a few job leads you can also take if you want.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.