What's the company culture at Comcast?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Comcast?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Comcast?

Reply - Report abuse

Svt in Atlanta, Georgia

93 months ago

I would say most of the workers don't particularly care to work for comcast. All the people I worked with who are still there don't like it but are glad to have a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

hmmm in Bronx, New York

93 months ago

well, i beg to differ in work for Comcast and love to work for such a great corporation. You get many perks adn everyone is very nice. I wear business casual to work. It all depends on where you are working and what your position is though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Frank in Parker, Colorado

93 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Comcast?
Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

Business Casual

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Atia in Utica, Michigan

92 months ago

What can you expect after being called in for an interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

heather in Decatur, Georgia

91 months ago

i was told by my interviewer that the atlanta offc was tie-free, collaborative, non-micro-managed and if you do a good job, people will notice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

David in Ohatchee, Alabama

90 months ago

I work for Comcast and can say that it is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. Benefits and other perks are great and you are not "micro-managed". You do a good job and you are rewarded.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Sonny P in Fredericksburg, Virginia

85 months ago

I worked for Comcast for two years. I knew more than a few people who were still waiting for their pay raises after more than a year after their promotions. I insisted on getting my pay raise two months after my last promotion, recieved it, and was fired within three months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

crymeariver in California

75 months ago

I am thinking about taking a job with Comcast in Sacramento. Can someone who works in the Sacramento office tell me what they think about the work environment there?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joey in deepinahearta, Texas

74 months ago

I currently work for Comcast as a technician, am not a pr person and I don't represent the opinions of the guys who wear suits and pretty much control the whole operation. I've only been here a year and so far it has been a never ending love/hate relationship to where I'm trying to find some kind of stability.

The way its set up is that the system is supposed to work smoothly, but too many people know how to manipulate it so that hard workers end up taking it in the rear. And the reward for being the best technician in your team, making lots of sales and customer praise? Perhaps an occasional bottle of water and a pat on the back. The only thing I've been begging for is a decent meter, which I finally got, and a transfer so that I don't have to drive an hour to get to work. Think its hard to get a job from the outside? The internal transfer process requires you to apply for another position and only when its open. And knowing supervisors doesn't help, either, because most of those postings are just formalities because they are required to put them up. When I heard someone's brother got hired instead of me getting my transfer I was fuming. Nepotism made me quit my last job. Being a military guy I don't have any contacts and every job I've gotten I've gotten on my own.

All things considered, working yourself to death will only leave you more tired and jaded. Pretty soon you start cutting corners, the extra mile seems to have lost its draw, and the little commission earned for field technician sales aren't worth going for. I've lost my steam, I just want to move districts. They talk about "customer first" as being a pillar or a milestone or some weird value that we're supposed to uphold. "Great place to work" is another. But the internal "customers", the employees, are so disappointed with the treatment we get from our own company that by the time we face you its not all grins and giggles, its get your cable running and hope you don't shoot us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robusto in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

Comcast's culture is the sickest, most toxic one I've ever been a part of, and I couldn't get out quick enough. In short, it is Dilbert. They value numbers only, not quality of service (despite current initiatives) or certainly not their employees. Hardly anyone likes working there, but they continue to do so either because they're not qualified or too scared in this economy. Constant micro-managing IS the norm, across the board. Doesn't matter if you're a "suit" or a tech--you better be prepared to be constantly harassed, lied to and mistreated by your own company.

Some actual events that I witnessed:
-My boss actually emailed a spreadsheet full of EVERYONE'S annual performance rating out to all his direct reports so we all saw what each other were rated--and everyone who worked for each of us. Wow--never thought I'd see that level of unprofessional behavior anywhere!

-A fight on the office floor between 2 employees where the "F" bomb was dropped several times and they almost came to blows.

-A salesperson forging a customer's name on a contract.

-Deliberate lying about customer's business status and product applications in order to sell to make monthly quota.

I could go on and on...

So glad to get out--I don't know why anyone would subject themselves to such conditions when there ARE many better opportunities out there. Life is short people, don't waste it working for this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Wardell in Winchester, Virginia

48 months ago

WoW ! All true what he said. LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

phil in Englewood, Colorado

29 months ago

Robusto in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania said: Comcast 's culture is the sickest, most toxic one I've ever been a part of, and I couldn't get out quick enough. In short, it is Dilbert. They value numbers only, not quality of service (despite current initiatives) or certainly not their employees. Hardly anyone likes working there, but they continue to do so either because they're not qualified or too scared in this economy. Constant micro-managing IS the norm, across the board. Doesn't matter if you're a "suit" or a tech--you better be prepared to be constantly harassed, lied to and mistreated by your own company.

Some actual events that I witnessed:
-My boss actually emailed a spreadsheet full of EVERYONE'S annual performance rating out to all his direct reports so we all saw what each other were rated--and everyone who worked for each of us. Wow--never thought I'd see that level of unprofessional behavior anywhere!

-A fight on the office floor between 2 employees where the "F" bomb was dropped several times and they almost came to blows.

-A salesperson forging a customer 's name on a contract .

-Deliberate lying about customer's business status and product applications in order to sell to make monthly quota.

I could go on and on...

So glad to get out--I don't know why anyone would subject themselves to such conditions when there ARE many better opportunities out there. Life is short people, don't waste it working for this company.

+1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ethel in Livonia, Michigan

18 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Comcast ?

People dress according to their station and position. Call center people dress in business casual attire. Leaders dress in business attire. Weekends are business/jean professionally casual days. ......and the benefits are great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ethel in Livonia, Michigan

18 months ago

crymeariver in California said: I am thinking about taking a job with Comcast in Sacramento. Can someone who works in the Sacramento office tell me what they think about the work environment there?

Thanks

I'm a former Comcast employee - I suggest you run away from the offer as quickly as possible. I guarantee the following....you will be stressed, unhappy and angry with the company if you last more than one year. Very toxic environment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.