How to get a job at Commerce Bank.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Host

Do you work at Commerce Bank? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Ashley Dowles in Saint Louis, Missouri

83 months ago

I am interested in working for your company. I have been in the customer service field for 5+ years and enjoy making customer happy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley Dowles in Saint Louis, Missouri

83 months ago

I was browsing the internet and the ad caught my interest

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

superman in Saint Louis, Missouri

82 months ago

I think your suppose to go to their website and apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Easton, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

This company scares me. I researched Commerce Bank when I was applying for jobs, and I can tell you that working for Commerce Bank is like working for Disney. As a teller, you have to be so VERY friendly with every customer you interact with, and you have to keep a smile on your face during your shift...it's frightening. Instead of being helpful, customers will likely find you coming across as annoying.
If you're a male, shaving is required. No shaving first time, they'll send you home. No shaving second time, you can bet that you're going to get the boot.
Uniforms are required. They provide you with uniforms.
No bank holidays.
Benefits stink.
Salary for tellers is HORRIBLE. Even their CEO doesn't make six figures, but I guess you can't make a lot of money in banking anyway.
They have nice and clean branches, BUT THEY'RE ALL THE SAME! Looks like something out of The Brady Bunch.
You really have to go above and beyond your responsibilites and take your job seriously, because if you don't demonstrate commitment toward your job, you're toast.
The Penny Arcade is the only thing Commerce Bank is good for. Other than that, don't work for this company!

Host said: Do you work at Commerce Bank? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Queen Lu in Merrick, New York

81 months ago

I have been trying to get a job at Commerce Bank since they first opened up in East Meadow, NY .. I have applyed more times then I can count.. handed my app to one of the customer service reps who's name I put on the app... handed my resume to the branch manager and have never ever been called!!! I am happy to be out of work.. cause, from what I have seen in the past few years the customer service has been going down hill ... I would not want to be working with the bird brains who are working at these banks..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Annonymous in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

I applied through their on-line system on June 25th, and I have not received one phone call. I have been a supervisor in a call center for 5 years, and they have three positions that I feel qualified for. My application and resume have just been sitting there, yet they continue to advertise on all the internet websites. I'm a bit disheartened by that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

a CB employee in Stanton, New Jersey

81 months ago

Annonymous in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: I applied through their on-line system on June 25th, and I have not received one phone call. I have been a supervisor in a call center for 5 years, and they have three positions that I feel qualified for. My application and resume have just been sitting there, yet they continue to advertise on all the internet websites. I'm a bit disheartened by that!

Sorry to hear about your frustration. CB receives about 2,000 applications online per day. It is not possible to get to all of them immediately. Have you tried calling the 800 number?

Good, friendly people are hard to find. If you are one and truly qualified for the positions posted, we'd LOVE to "find" you! CB is a FANTASTIC place to work! Hard working, friendly Team Members, good benefits and TONS of advancement opportunities as we grow!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Teller in Collingswood, New Jersey

80 months ago

This is a response to the person that has "researched" working at Commerce. Ive been a teller for 4 years and i do NOT have a smile on my face day in and day out. you are expected to be friendly, if by being friendly you mean saying "hi how are you?" and "thanks have a nice day." but i dont consider that going above and beyond. ive gotten really good raises and chances for promotion as well. its not without its faults, of course, but if you spend one day with a commerce teller youll find out that they get just as annoyed with customers as the next person. so is it disney? no. do the branches "look the same?" youve obviously havent been to that many. and as for the ceo, he makes a lot of money. trust me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Teller in Collingswood, New Jersey

80 months ago

oh, and full timers do get paid holidays (i just had off and got paid for labor day), thought commerce is only closed four days a year. and my benefits are great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ramy in Woodside, New York

67 months ago

I recently applied online for a teller job at Commerce Bank. Someone from HR called me a few days later to set up an interview. I had the interview with her and the next day she called me to arrange a new interview with the Assistant Branch Manager and one of the managers. Everything went well and they told me they would call the person in HR who interviewed me. That was 6 days ago (Wednesday)
Now from your experience I want to know how long does it take the hiring process? If no one called I should assume I didn't get the job or should I wait a couple of days more?
Can anyone who works or worked as a teller at CB help me with some information?
Thank you in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Indeed Admin in Stamford, Connecticut

67 months ago

Hello Everyone, Thanks for joining the Indeed forums! If you're interested in working for Commerce Bank, you'll have the most success finding the job you want by doing a search right here on Indeed.com. Just type in "Commerce Bank" in the search field at the top of this page and click "Find Jobs" to view all the related listings. Best of luck with your job search! Indeed Admin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jodi s in Jamaica, New York

62 months ago

Ramy in Woodside, New York said: I recently applied online for a teller job at Commerce Bank. Someone from HR called me a few days later to set up an interview. I had the interview with her and the next day she called me to arrange a new interview with the Assistant Branch Manager and one of the managers. Everything went well and they told me they would call the person in HR who interviewed me. That was 6 days ago (Wednesday)
Now from your experience I want to know how long does it take the hiring process? If no one called I should assume I didn't get the job or should I wait a couple of days more?
Can anyone who works or worked as a teller at CB help me with some information?
Thank you in advance!

I have a scheduled interview coming up. I was whondering what questions did the recruiter ask you and the branch managers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.