What's the company culture at Compass Airlines?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Compass Airlines?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Compass Airlines?

Reply - Report abuse

skygirl1435 in Huntington Beach, California

34 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Compass Airlines?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Compass Airlines?

Can anyone tell me if there is/what is the recruitment line to Compass Airlines? I've applied a few times and my status always displays my app for both bases...but never get an invite. Wondering if my location is a problem with them?Have pass bennies on a former airline so I transport myself. If I had a number I could call (am not a pest, but really professional and former F/A) and possibly see if there's going to be more invitations sent out that would be really helpful.
Just asking! Thanks and good luck to all :D !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MidwestAeronaut in Maple Grove, Minnesota

15 months ago

Because no one has answered the orginal posters question after 19+ months I'll post something here.

Compass is a complex place. I worked at Compass for a couple months shortly out of college in their headquarters. If you haven't been there before ti smaller than you might imagine, maybe 100 people max, probably less. Most of their staff are in the air or hangers.

Compass prides themselves at being at the top of customer service list and hold extremly strong to it. As a result though they can offer lower wages as alot of people see the position as a stepping stone to the legacy carriers, especially Delta. Flight attendants where regulary coming in for interviews once a month for a week.

When I was there the company was just transfering from Delta ownership to Trans State Holdings. The have casual fridays in the office area, but you are required to dress-up Mon-Thurs. With the Transfer to Trans State they adopted their wear jeans all summer policy.

If you are looking at the office area it really is a little more laid back, but depends where you are. You want to bash you head in some times when air or maintence crews make mistakes that you have to spend two hours fixing. Especially maintenance crew somehow to understanding how to use a computer.

Overall they are a good group of people in teh office there. I personally left for lack of pay I was looking for, long commute, and the work just wasn't as challenging as I was looking for. Have since switched from the airlines industry to the aircraft manufacturing industry and much happier, but I do miss being able to take an hour lunch and eating out in the parking lot listening to music and watching the planes take off and land.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.