CompUSA News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does CompUSA stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Jobless at Compusa in Fayetteville, Georgia

95 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?
How does CompUSA stack up against the competition?

CompUSA just recently fired all their VP's and as of today are closing all the Atlanta stores. Out of the 220 stores nationwide, around 130 are closing. Check out www.wikipedia.org it gives accurate and up-to-date information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CM in Lugoff, South Carolina

95 months ago

These guys are horrible, and incredibly discriminating. I will never apply at a compusa again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

El mejor none

85 months ago

I really don't know if this is a rumor but I heard Compusa is going to recently close all of the stores. They are selling their webpage to tigerDirect witch Carlos slim owns. So be very carefull when buying from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

joshw in Lubbock, Texas

85 months ago

No they are not closing all the stores... just 52% of them, Carlos Slim already owns the majority of CompUSA, the website is being bought by TigerDirect, among many others. Basically, Slim is getting 440mill. to sell half of what he owns. I am loosing my job as well as many others because he wants to out source and get even wealthier. I have always said CompUSA has carried the good stuff which is expensive, therefore noone wanted to buy anything from there. Slim got so greedy that he put a gross margin of 26% on everything, and he will continue to run the company into the ground. lets say if something went for 100 buck retail, not even at cost but retail, he would make it 126 unless it was a fixed price like most of apple products. I found out yesterday that my store in lubbock tx is closing within 2 months.
great

giggidigoo in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

85 months ago

ORLY?

www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9831235-7.html

"Terms of the transaction were not disclosed, but the immediate result is that Specialty Equity will close all 103 CompUSA stores in the United States"

no more compusa in Seminole, Florida

85 months ago

Nothing makes me more happier than to see compusa go away. I have gone into compusa several times to buy items but walked out due to having to send in my rebate form in order to save money. The whole rebate philosophy in retail sales is a perversion of commerce in America. Other national stores employ this perverted practice in retailing products. I can't wait until they go out of business too. Thankfully, Walmart doesn't do this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ranma saotome in leeward, Hawaii

85 months ago

Walmart only sells Acer in hawaii, Very cheap laptops and the desktops aren't even good brands such as Apple, HP, or Toshiba. Please go right ahead shop at walmart and buy cheap parts that will break, people at walmart not knowing about motor oil, or such things as house lightings to help with computer needs?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.