ConAgra Foods News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does ConAgra Foods stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Mark Krouse in Wake Forest, North Carolina

89 months ago

Take a look at their History, Two major recalls, one on site shooting, low morale. Management style is "Attila the Hun" (read the book) similar to that of American Air Lines and "Lee" Iacocca’s Chrysler Corp. The finical picture has been less than stellar from what I have read. They a 27.5 billion dollar company and have approximately 27 divisions. There a few associates left with tenure and even fewer looking forward to retiring from ConAgra Food.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jimmy in Minneapolis, Minnesota

85 months ago

Do you even know what you're talking about? They're a 12 billion dollar company. Are you even on the right company screen?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jimmy in Minneapolis, Minnesota

85 months ago

I might add that it's one of Jim Cramer's favorite stocks right now and the new CEO's changes are starting to take effect. Peanut butter recalls don't put multi-billion dollar companies out of business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jiggyreno in Austin, Texas

77 months ago

Your comment about fewer employees with tenure is all too accurate. My sister-in-law was just laid off by ConAgra. She is 52 and had 24 years with the company. Age discrimination comes to mind... Can she do anything - of course not. I wouldn't want to go to work for a company that cans tenured employees. Shame on ConAgra.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LizzyTish in New York, New York

60 months ago

jiggyreno in Austin, Texas said: Your comment about fewer employees with tenure is all too accurate. My sister-in-law was just laid off by ConAgra. She is 52 and had 24 years with the company. Age discrimination comes to mind... Can she do anything - of course not. I wouldn't want to go to work for a company that cans tenured employees. Shame on ConAgra.

Hi, jiggyreno. My step-father was fired from ConAgra at age 54 with 26 years with the company. I would be interested to get in touch with you and your sister-in-law to discuss this: bostonhobo@gmail.com. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.