How to get a job at ConAgra Foods.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Do you work at ConAgra Foods? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

FTE in Cumberland, Iowa

91 months ago

Do they ever actually hire anyone? I see the same jobs advertised month after month. Never a response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Woodbury, New York

91 months ago

FTE in Cumberland, Iowa said: Do they ever actually hire anyone? I see the same jobs advertised month after month. Never a response.

I am an agnecy recruiter that does business with ConAgra. They do hire people, but they really have exacting standards right now that makes it difficult to get people on board. Not necessarily a bad thing, it's just the way it is. Keep trying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Pocatello, Idaho

90 months ago

Don't work for them. If you have kids or are married it's horrible. I lived 24/7 for them. I worked 7 days a week. Scheduled 6 and called in the 7th. Most new people will go to graveyard to so get used to it. Horrible company to work for management is horrible. They say they are going to replace machines but it takes them 5 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Emily in Minneapolis, Minnesota

85 months ago

Chris in Woodbury, New York said: I am an agnecy recruiter that does business with ConAgra. They do hire people, but they really have exacting standards right now that makes it difficult to get people on board. Not necessarily a bad thing, it's just the way it is. Keep trying.

Do you have to speak English? When I went to an interview there, it was mainly hispanics working there. Is being hispanic or some other minority a qualification of working there in production? I bet it is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jobseeker15 in Jacksonville, Florida

75 months ago

For what general area do you recruit: sales? corporate? manufacturing?

From what I can tell, ConAgra's hiring practices in sales are hit-or-miss. Nepotism and favors to friends seem to be the name of the game. In fact, I think that most of the jobs posted aren't available. They have probably been filled, but due to legal reasons, they have to be posted for a specific time period before the job can officially be given to anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vr in Collierville, Tennessee

55 months ago

Host said: Do you work at ConAgra Foods? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Currently I'm in the waiting game. My interview was back in
April 2010. We live in the land of the hook-up. Last week I called
Conagra and they stated that I was still on the second interview list. So I wait!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.