Convergys Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (25)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Convergys?

What do you like best about working at Convergys? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

TROY, MI in Detroit, Michigan

81 months ago

Drake in Florissant, Missouri said: Ah, yes, Convergys...

What can I say about it? Nothing GOOD, that's for darn sure!

The pay is absolutely crappy ($8-$9.50 to work the jobs of FOUR or more people), substandard "benefits" (more like discounts) for the first six months, and the travel...well...some things are best left unspoken.

The management is absolutely horrible. The left hand often doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Very few, if any, of the team leaders are trustworthy, and they are hilariously lax on the rules and conduct in the centers (and if they AREN'T lax, they're way too strict, almost Draconian in enforcement of said rules)...the level of filth is appalling, and despite the fact there is a HR Department located in the building, it is locked off from the rest of the staff and all HR issues are handled through the hotline to the center in Ohio.

Bottom line, THERE IS NOTHING GOOD ABOUT CONVERGYS.

STAY AWAY FROM CONVERGYS.
STAY AWAY FROM CONVERGYS!
-STAY- -AWAY- -FROM- -CONVERGYS-!!

I AGREE WITH YOU DRAKE...THE BUILDING IS DIRTY..SUPERVISORS ARE ANAL..AND THE MANAGERS OF THE SITE DO NOT EVEN SPEAK TO US..YOU LOOK THEM IN THE FACE AND THEY JUST KEEP WALKING..!!
WE MAKE LESS THAN WHAT YOU WOULD THINK, BECAUSE WE DO SO MUCH WORK...AND ALL THEY CREDIT YOU WITH ARE JEAN DAYS...LIKE WE ARE IN MIDDLE SCHOOL..ONLY RECOMMENDED IF YOU ARE IN A HARD PLACE AND REALLY NEED A JOB!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Myles in Winnipeg, Manitoba

81 months ago

I don't know how you Americans can complain. You are almost as whiney as your American Comcast customers, lol. Su(k it up. Got something to say? Voice your opinion, wont get recognized around here, thats for sure. Comcast Canadian outpost is so much better. Come work in Winnipeg whinney babies...lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (56) Reply - Report abuse

Alexandria in Saint Louis, Missouri

80 months ago

Myles, if you're not American, then shut the heck up. Especially if you know jack squat about the economic situation we're in. Wages aren't increasing, and yet prices on products and services rise every year. I don't know about you, but some of us are responsible adults with important financial responsibilities. We have a right to complain about the companies that call themselves providing a job with competitive wages and benefits.

And yes, Convergys is a company with a VERY POOR history of not only providing sub par wages but providing a not-so-clean not-so-comfortable work environment for their employees, and I highly question their turnover. Seriously, what they pay you is a wage you can easily make flipping burgers. I would consider being proficient in using a computer and customer service more deserving of wages better than what McDonald's offers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

SUE BRIGGS in Kansas City, Missouri

72 months ago

unfair and bias management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Texas Tech in Texas

71 months ago

1) To the person in Canada -- I agree with both individuals, the building is dirty not to mention how filthy some people can be. Not sure about you, but if I am suppose to be in a professional environment you should expect the interior to be the same. I don't like walking in the bathroom and having to go look for a clean seat. Plus, I don't actually appreciate people washing their feet in the sink and leaving their dirty towels on the floor and water all over the place. Now if you think this is the way it's suppose to be then come work in one of the call centers in America. We are not a bunch of "Whiney Babies", but we are humans, NOT PIGS, and I don't care to work in an environment that expects "HUMANS" to work in a place not fit for even a DOG or PIG. Oh by the way whoever you are in CANADA -- Your center might be the next one to close, I heard the Edmonton office is closing the end of June. However, they are opening 5 new call centers in Manila.

2) The history of Convergys and the Call Centers is that it's not what you know, but who's behind you kiss and if you happen to be young, sexy and have your boobs hanging out all over the place, yes you might get promoted. If the OM happens to be someone who doesn't think women belong in the tech world then well again, it's not what you know it's who you know. You are right about the policies. The policies only seem to apply whenever they see fit. Fairness, has never been a top priority for Convergy's. Team Leads are based again on favortism and not who actually should get the position. Team Leads are not held accountable for their actions and if they don't do their job then the tier 1 agents stats may suffer and again, there goes any chance of pay increase (not that it's that much). Seems to me the people in management, have no clue what they are doing and use the good ol' boy system, that is so outdated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

ANTI-HUMANA in Btown, Kentucky

69 months ago

I contracted at Convergys in 2001 in Cincy, and it was pretty rediculous. I spent about 30-35% of the time documenting what I did everyday in THREE DIFFERENT FORMS. You'd think that one form would be enough and the three managers who "looked" at these stupid reports could evaluate your progress. Way too much time was invested in proving WHAT one was doing rather than DOING.

This type of micro-management -- and the race riots happening at the foot of the building -- as well as hearing many times professionals literally yelling at each other -- had me put on my walking shoes in no time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

slipknot in Valdosta, Georgia

63 months ago

Myles in Winnipeg, Manitoba said: I don't know how you Americans can complain. You are almost as whiney as your American Comcast customers, lol. Su(k it up. Got something to say? Voice your opinion, wont get recognized around here, thats for sure. Comcast Canadian outpost is so much better. Come work in Winnipeg whinney babies...lol

YOU SHOW IGNORANCE when you start sharing your personal opinions about Americans. You may post your intelligent or stupid comments as you wish, but be careful when you start slamming others-it makes you look really
STUPID.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Mindy in Green Lake, Wisconsin

57 months ago

Myles in Winnipeg, Manitoba said: I don't know how you Americans can complain. You are almost as whiney as your American Comcast customers, lol. Su(k it up. Got something to say? Voice your opinion, wont get recognized around here, thats for sure. Comcast Canadian outpost is so much better. Come work in Winnipeg whinney babies...lol

Myles,
Americans NEED to speak up before it's too late. It isn't complaining to notice that places like Convergys are treating people badly in the workplace. They do it because people put up with it. They simply don't care about America, they're going offshore to the tune of 4,000 more jobs in Manila by the end of 2009. They currently have 16,000 jobs there now and believe me they don't pay those people nearly what they do here, which isn't crap. You need to watch some current world news because you're uninformed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mindy in Green Lake, Wisconsin

57 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Convergys?

What do you like best about working at Convergys? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

The average wage is great if you live in someone's basement for free.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Soamazingalixx in Hickory, North Carolina

40 months ago

I work at Convergys in Hickory NC, And Its not a thing like you all are describing.... Maybe it just depends on what dumba$$ is running the building, where your located, and If you arent good with sitting at a computer all day and being a strong customer service rep. then you shouldnt apply for the job. Oh and Our HR, TL, Trainers and Managers, are very encouraging to us. A monkey could do the job, but you cant let the customers being idiots get to you. =] I like convergys. Im probably one in a million that does... haha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

charis29 in Batavia, Ohio

37 months ago

I just completed the online testing. I am curious about positions here. Has anything changed? Being in need of a job I will take what is offered, but I'm hoping it won't be so terrible as people are making it seem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Beverly Brown/TL in Conover, North Carolina

36 months ago

This is the worst company you can be employed with. We are in the business to cut pay, harass good workers and fire anyone for any reason, even on a day when their mother is shot in the head and murdered. We only care about preserving ourselves and not one ounce about the human aspect of business. Everyday as TL's we use our creative means to fire anyone who has been trained incorrectly, and blame them instead of ourselves for the lack of support and information. I honestly can hardly live with myself any longer after watching good employees being treated like dogs. God help Convergys - Hickory, NC, and all who support it's new directors ideals. We have sold our souls for a low salary and at the cost of many good families only salaries during this recession. May God forgive us all out of fear of the unemployment line.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Worldly in Lake Mary, Florida

33 months ago

Having had previous experience at several Fortune 50 companies, I found the culture, management, professionalism, and benefits at Convergys sub-par at best. From the HR director with hot-pink hair and piercings in several parts of her face, to the site director with the cheap mini sundress and strappy yellow sandals, there is no level of professionalism here.

Convergys seems to hire mostly young, inexperienced individuals and retain only those that become gung-ho about the Convergys corporate culture. The type of person who would do well at Convergys is someone who is new to a "corporate" environment and hasn't experienced how efficient a well-run company can be. Most team leaders and trainers are selected from within, meaning from an inexperienced pool of employees that have a) little to no post-secondary education and b) little experience in how to effectively manage teams or how to professionally interact with others. Hiring inexperienced and uneducated managers result in procedural inconsistency, favoritism, and little-to-no confidentiality.

There are no merit increases; some positions do offer "performance pay" if you meet the challenging standards they've set forth for a given position, but if you're depending on your documented salary to secure credit, keep in mind it will not increase from what you started with.

Health benefits start after 60 days of employment and plans carry a rather high premium AND high deductible, something I was unaccustomed to paying with previous employers.

Personal days (PTO) are not credited at the beginning of the year but accrue over time depending on how many hours you put in during a pay period, so forget about taking that week-long cruise during the spring because you won't have enough PTO to do it. PTO also must be approved in advance and approval slots are limited, so just because you have PTO and you requested the time off in advance doesn't mean it will be approved. Bottom line - it's a last resort employer!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

JimmieJam in Arlington, Texas

32 months ago

Can someone who works from home with Convergys tell me how to "open the ports" on my system at home to even finish up my application to work from home with this company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Layliya in Tucson, Arizona

27 months ago

I have worked here for almost 3 years now and have only minor complaints. The team leaders are very encouraging and easy to get along with. My co workers are the same way. The only complaint I have is well the pay isn't really the greatest but in this economy its better than nothing. The attendance policy is one of the most lenient in any company I have ever worked for. Which is a big plus for me since I have to miss sometimes due personal situations. I have to say with all the uto and vgh offered and the attendance policy and the easy going managers and team leaders this is a very easy place to work at. And if you meet all your stats you can get up to 200 dollars in bonuses. So all in all its a great place to work at. Now if you are supporting more than 2 people like me than sometimes the pay can be a problem. But like I said in today's economy something is better than nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kenster in Maysville, Georgia

26 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Convergys?

im in my second week of training for work at home rep the pay isnt the best but it isnt the worse as for the sanitary issues if the building and bathrooms are nasty then the employees are nasty i find it hard to believe that management made the mess themselves as for promoting people from the inside thats how it should be and you dont pick who you promote by the way they dress or or their appearance that is called discrimination!! if you want to make good money GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!!! and the folks training me are good people you get what you put in and people get what they deserve.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

KarsenandKartersGrammy in Marion, Indiana

7 months ago

I work at Convergys work at home, It is wonderful the pay is not the best in the world $9.00 an hr, but I do not have to leave my house, I work in my PJ's and love it, yes it is boring sometimes, but if you do your job show up every day on time you really have no issues, we do have to stop complaining about jobs, at least we have one, there are many out there that do not. I am a Army Wife and work that travels with us is hard to find and this does, I cannot say anything bad at all, yes there are bonuses more pay per hour if you show up every day and many prizes you can win! Go for it, if you can work from home it is worth it~

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

KarsenandKartersGrammy in Marion, Indiana

7 months ago

charis29 in Batavia, Ohio said: I just completed the online testing. I am curious about positions here. Has anything changed? Being in need of a job I will take what is offered, but I'm hoping it won't be so terrible as people are making it seem.

I work for them at home and I have not regretted it for one minute. I love it and would tell you to stick it out no job on earth is perfect but you are working at home how much better can it get than that!???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

emily31 in NY, New York

5 months ago

thanks for giving your comments. Is it hard to get a job with Convergys? For the interview what questions do they ask? Is there anything bad about working at home for Convergys? Do you get paid on time or by a certain date every month?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hernandez1006 in Eddy, Texas

5 months ago

emily31 in NY, New York said: thanks for giving your comments. Is it hard to get a job with Convergys? For the interview what questions do they ask? Is there anything bad about working at home for Convergys? Do you get paid on time or by a certain date every month?

I was hired by Convergys to work as an C.S.R. for a large company. The hours were not what I was looking for. 2pm-10pm. After 2 months of expressing my concerns about the shift, It was taking away from helping with homework and dinner for my family I was offered a 8-5 that had just opened up. One catch I had to work the next 2 weeks untill it was available. I viewed my schedual and felt like I was being punished. They schedualed me for 9 days straight and the time was now 3pm - midnight. After working 6 of those days I realized there was no 8-5 opening I shut the computer and never went back. Convergys does not care about there employees they just fill that spot with the next victim. I now am contracted with another company working for that same buisness .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tillie Wells in Montgomery, Alabama

5 months ago

I understand. I am kind of happy they did not call me back then. I have heard other horror storie. They had the nerve to tell me by email that they had no application on me and they had to have an application in order to do testing to my computer and etc. I still have the emails where we corresponded over this and where I took the assessment and thanking me for my application. I guess after I did not answer their first call (I wasn't home). I never knew they were going to call. I got an email that they had to do a phone interview never saying when, but they called and I was not home. So, I guess from that it was over. So, how do I get employed with this other company? Thanks. M

karsen and karters grammy in Marion, Indiana

5 months ago

I had posted about how much I liked Convergys when I was in my first few weeks of employment, Let me explain a little about this company, to start I have fried 3 computers due to the way they have you work from home, second, if your internet goes down, runs slow, when you go to your 15 min. breaks or to the potty you do not get paid, and you get a point, I cannot believe the place, I have been working at home for several companies for the last 10 years and by far this one is the worst, the pay, the way they treat the employees. Please look over everything.

Tillie Wells in Montgomery, Alabama

5 months ago

Wow! I would love to work at home. After attending and completing truck driving school and obtaining my CDL, I found I did not like the job after training. Well, I would have possibly liked it better if hubby and I could have driven together as planned. But, he had an accident and has to wait three years to get that taken off of his mvr or driving record. So, now I am home and wanting to do something on my own. I'm looking into my own business type things, but I do need something right away because decent jobs are just not out there. I don't regret leaving office work, but just got tired of the hens in the office making it hard for everyone else, or I would still be there after ten years.

So, if anyone knows of a work at home company who is fair and decent, I am all ears and anxious to know more about how to apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

karsen and karters grammy in Marion, Indiana

5 months ago

There are several companies that are true and real, convergys is, but has so many issues not a great fit. I love Arise, A and C Customer Care Corporation, the are wonderful, there is some upfront costs you end up getting back in 90 days but with them you get to choose your own hours, the company you work for, and you can work for more than one at a time.
I also like westathome, problem you have a hard time gettin hours with them sometimes. If you are in the TN, VA or FL area HSN is the best of the best!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.