Does Covergys prefer only college age employees or what?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Donna G. in Clarksville, Tennessee

14 months ago

I am a 45 year old female in Clarksville, TN. I have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice and retired from the KY Dept of Corrections. I have also been a manager at jewelry store and office manager at a car lot. I would think I have the intelligence and plenty of customer service experience for a job at Convergys.
However, I have applied twice and told I was not "appropriate" for their company. I'm not positive about Convergys in other states but here they have a reputation for great turnover and hiring the younger generation.
I have a family member that works there and she tried to get me on. She is only 19 years old and most of her co-workers are young. She was told by the human resources department that I was "too military" and did not have enough customer service experience??????? I've never even been in the military!!!!! Yes, I had a career in a correctional setting but I was programs and administration - not security. These people must be closed minded as working in that setting is not like you see on TV. "Customer Service" is all you do everyday and you have a very diverse population to serve whether it be those confined or the public.
I would think a college educated professional that completed a 20 year career with great references would be an asset to their company? Does anyone have any thoughts or can enlighten me on why I can't even get an interview???? Is it my age, am I over qualified or what? Is there anyone I can contact about this as I almost feel discriminated against.
I would appreciate any feedback.
Thank You!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.