How to get a job at Costco Wholesale.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 66)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Costco Wholesale? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

michelle c in Detroit, Michigan

108 months ago

a friend tell me to go to www.costco.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (155) / No (204) Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Pompano Beach, Florida

106 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Costco Wholesale? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Go to the store you want to work at and fill out the application.
They may have specific days/hours to apply. Just ask the front desk manager or at the Membership desk. They will call if they like your application/resume. Neatness counts. Don't leave anything blank. Have good references. Do not do any drugs or alcohol that would flag in a drug test. Be neat and business casual whenever presenting yourself at Costco, even just to fill out an application. Do not be late for any interviews. Look happy and smile. Customer Service and Safety are #1 priorities. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (537) / No (110) Reply - Report abuse

Veronica Carranza in San Jose, California

93 months ago

Right at this time I'm working for a retail store and I enjoy it but only applied for that paticuliar temperory position for the 90 day's. So here it is I'm on the job search once again before my lay off next week. I recently applied at Costco do you have any open position's at this time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (212) / No (101) Reply - Report abuse

rowdiemae in Boise, Idaho

87 months ago

Scott in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Go to the store you want to work at and fill out the application.
They may have specific days/hours to apply. Just ask the front desk manager or at the Membership desk. They will call if they like your application/resume. Neatness counts. Don't leave anything blank. Have good references. Do not do any drugs or alcohol that would flag in a drug test. Be neat and business casual whenever presenting yourself at Costco, even just to fill out an application. Do not be late for any interviews. Look happy and smile. Customer Service and Safety are #1 priorities. Good Luck.

There is so much out there right now about whether you should personally go to a business to apply or if it is better to apply online. I filled out the online application and took the test that was required. Do you feel that it would still be to my advantage to apply at the physical location? Thank you for your helpful info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (210) / No (54) Reply - Report abuse

melindagates in Seattle, Washington

86 months ago

I suggest you have an industry HR professional or recruiter review your resume to better align with Costco's mandates specifically. These professionals have insider info that can help your resume make it through automatic resume screeners and as well attract the attention of human readers through relevant phrasing techniques. Also, they might be able to help you get your resume through to the actual recruiter of a job rather than into a database where you are simply assigned a number. I recommend you try an inexpensive service called ResumeGuru (www.resumeguru.us) that comes backed by a money-back guarantee against canned responses and poor workmanship.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (78) / No (93) Reply - Report abuse

Metallica1 in Keyport, New Jersey

78 months ago

Does anyone know what a Forklift operator makes that unloads trucks at Costco stores? Is it generally a job they don't hire for or hard to get job? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (318) / No (57) Reply - Report abuse

leo68 in Hudson, New Hampshire

78 months ago

Metallica1 in Keyport, New Jersey said: Does anyone know what a Forklift operator makes that unloads trucks at Costco stores? Is it generally a job they don't hire for or hard to get job? Thanks

Forklift Jobs and usually given to current employees and not to the outside. Last time I new starting pay was $12.00 an hour and they start at 4am-5am and are part of the stocking crew.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (87) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

Longhaul in Sacramento, California

69 months ago

I am a truck driver that delivers finished products in bulk to Costco Whosale warehouses and stores direct and I have just have a few questions for the Costco staff including management level.

Why are Costco employees so rude all the time? In all my years of making deliveries, I noticed that ninety percent of my deliveries into Costco stores were dealt with rude behavior on behalf of store workers as well as management level. It always seems like they have a need to display this pomp-ass attitude toward outsiders especially truck drivers. Yes, we do bring the goods that you've requested. Does this mean that you can look down on us as human beings? Do we owe you this degradation when we accepted that load assignment?

We drive thousands of miles through gusty winds,rain, sleet, black ice, snow, etc. Even when we are tired, we force ourselves to drive so that we can be able to meet your appointments because we fear of reprisal from "you" the customer but mostly, we are compelled to do our jobs with dignity and of pride/excellence.

You impose this "just-in-time appointment only" on us yet you fail to provide adequate truck parking for us to stage overnight. We are left with the hardship of parking in dangerous and illegal parking areas so that we may deliver your goods in a timely manner even if it means being awakened and ticketed in the middle of the night by police officers screaming at us to vacate.

FYI, the tables can be turned where I can become the customer and in this twisted ironic fate, I will unleash the same kind of treatment in return when I do make a visit to patronize your establishment. Fortunately, I do not hold a Costco Whosale membership card in my possession. I have chosen to take my business elsewhere. A chain where I would usually get "the warm welcome" with the "hello, glad you made it with our shipment" atmosphere whenever I made my deliveries.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (257) / No (101) Reply - Report abuse

KathyOmaits in Davisburg, Michigan

67 months ago

Scott in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Go to the store you want to work at and fill out the application.

I live in Michigan, Rose Township, and the closest desired Costco is in Brighton. I called there and they said they do not take walk-in applications, that it must be done online. If this information is incorrect I would really like to confirm that because I have no problem driving to the Costco as I am a regular customer as well and LOVE this store, the way business is done there, the fact that the employees always appear happy, the intregity I see, the service, everything!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

lindalsouth@*****.*** in Westfield, Massachusetts

67 months ago

That is the same thing I was told when I droped off my application that I printed from on line.They don't take applications in the store only filled out on line.I did that and I also got the phone number to the store office so I can call all the time.I call and check in with the store managers all the time about job openings.Call every week or two to keep your name fresh in there heads.And also make sure you keep your application updated online .I haven't been hired yet but I am not going to quit till they hire me or I win the Lottery

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (83) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

ANONYMOUS in Glendale, Arizona

67 months ago

I've been trying to get a job at Costco since I was in high school (ALMOST 7 years ago). I've always viewed them as a very successful company and a challenging and fun place to work. I would re-apply online every 60 days, per their rules. Up until last month I never bothered to call and check up. Big mistake.

The last time I applied, I got down to business. I applied online on a Friday and gave them the weekend. First thing Monday morning I called and left a message for the hiring manager. Then I waited a day and called back. I repeated this for almost three weeks. Everytime I called I always got the manager's voicemail. The last time I called I was told that they had already hired their holiday help, but that they'd keep my name and application on file. Discouraged, I almost gave up. Then a week later (yesterday), I get a call (which I actually missed because I was in a movie). I called them right back and now I have an interview lined up.

A very friendly Costco employee gave me some great advice. She said "Stay on top of them. Keep calling and bugging them." This is what I did, and it got their attention. Be persistent, but not annoying. Another employee told me "Just work your ass off." My goal is to get hired on as holiday help then work my ass off and hired on as full time! GOOD LUCK TO ANY AND ALL OF YOU APPLYING AT COSTCO!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (217) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

lindalsouth@*****.*** in Westfield, Massachusetts

67 months ago

That is exactlly what I am doing calling them every week so they don't forget me.The only different thing i have been doing is I have accualy gotten to talk to a manager every time.I got the two managers names and mane office number for that store from an employee.I will not give up either.Happy to hear your persistence paid off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

ANONYMOUS in Phoenix, Arizona

66 months ago

ANONYMOUS in Glendale, Arizona said: I've been trying to get a job at Costco since I was in high school (ALMOST 7 years ago). I've always viewed them as a very successful company and a challenging and fun place to work. I would re-apply online every 60 days, per their rules. Up until last month I never bothered to call and check up. Big mistake.

The last time I applied, I got down to business. I applied online on a Friday and gave them the weekend. First thing Monday morning I called and left a message for the hiring manager. Then I waited a day and called back. I repeated this for almost three weeks. Everytime I called I always got the manager's voicemail. The last time I called I was told that they had already hired their holiday help, but that they'd keep my name and application on file. Discouraged, I almost gave up. Then a week later (yesterday), I get a call (which I actually missed because I was in a movie). I called them right back and now I have an interview lined up.

A very friendly Costco employee gave me some great advice. She said "Stay on top of them. Keep calling and bugging them." This is what I did, and it got their attention. Be persistent, but not annoying. Another employee told me "Just work your ass off." My goal is to get hired on as holiday help then work my ass off and hired on as full time! GOOD LUCK TO ANY AND ALL OF YOU APPLYING AT COSTCO!

Well, that didn't work. My interview was OUTSTANDING, but Costco sent me a letter about a week later telling me that they found somebody else. HEARTBROKEN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Balkeymalone in Mound, Minnesota

64 months ago

I am very sorry for your pour experience at Costco. I work a Costco in Minnesota and we are very thankful for our drivers! They make it through the snow, heat and traffic to get us our product. We offer them a warm place to sit and tend to BS with them more then we should. I apoligize for your the other costco employees you had to deal with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

candlestick in Grand Rapids, Michigan

64 months ago

i Noticed that at a retail store after you fill out application
you usually have to follow up calls because either they forget who you are. Or miss place your application, Infact that is the way I got hired into my last job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

David Holbert in Whittier, California

63 months ago

Longhaul in Sacramento, California said: I am a truck driver that delivers finished products in bulk to Costco Whosale warehouses and stores direct and I have just have a few questions for the Costco staff including management level.

Why are Costco employees so rude all the time? In all my years of making deliveries, I noticed that ninety percent of my deliveries into Costco stores were dealt with rude behavior on behalf of store workers as well as management level. It always seems like they have a need to display this pomp-ass attitude toward outsiders especially truck drivers. Yes, we do bring the goods that you've requested. Does this mean that you can look down on us as human beings? Do we owe you this degradation when we accepted that load assignment?

We drive thousands of miles through gusty winds,rain, sleet, black ice, snow, etc. Even when we are tired, we force ourselves to drive so that we can be able to meet your appointments because we fear of reprisal from "you" the customer but mostly, we are compelled to do our jobs with dignity and of pride/excellence.

You impose this "just-in-time appointment only" on us yet you fail to provide adequate truck parking for us to stage overnight. We are left with the hardship of parking in dangerous and illegal parking areas so that we may deliver your goods in a timely manner even if it means being awakened and ticketed in the middle of the night by police officers screaming at us to vacate.

FYI, the tables can be turned where I can become the customer and in this twisted ironic fate, I will unleash the same kind of treatment in return when I do make a visit to patronize your establishment. Fortunately, I do not hold a Costco Whosale membership card in my possession. I have chosen to take my business elsewhere. A chain where I would usually get "the warm welcome" with the "hello, glad you made it with our shipment" atmosphere whenever I made my deliveries.

Do you know the name and contact

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

David Holbert in Whittier, California

63 months ago

Balkeymalone in Mound, Minnesota said: I am very sorry for your pour experience at Costco. I work a Costco in Minnesota and we are very thankful for our drivers! They make it through the snow, heat and traffic to get us our product. We offer them a warm place to sit and tend to BS with them more then we should. I apoligize for your the other costco employees you had to deal with.

Could you please give me the name and contact information for the Vendor who supplies Costco with outside trucking services. I am the National Sales Manager with Hobie Trucking, Inc. and we have been working with Walmart for years providing them with shuttle service. We have excess capacity and I believe that we would be an excellent fit with Walmart.

Thank you very much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Melody in Coeur D Alene, Idaho

56 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Costco Wholesale? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Filled out app on line. Called store found out who was doing the interviews, went in the next day to introduce myself, put a face behind the resume. The person was not there, I left my name and number. Found out she was going to be in the next day, so, I went back introduced myself got a call the next day for an interview appointment. Make sure they know you want the job, too many people applying you need to stand out in the crowd.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ryan in Georgetown, Texas

55 months ago

After youy apply online and wait a day or so, what do you say if you were to call up and ask for the Hr director?
I really need the job but at the same time I don't want to come across as needy,sad or desperate.

I've even thought about going up there in person but they have those people that guard the door and won't let you in unless you have a membership.
and it seems unreasonable to have that person call the hr director only to come all the way out then go all the way back to their office to check.

I'm being considerate but like I said I really need the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

ryan in Georgetown, Texas

55 months ago

After youy apply online and wait a day or so, what do you say if you were to call up and ask for the Hr director?
I really need the job but at the same time I don't want to come across as needy,sad or desperate.

I've even thought about going up there in person but they have those people that guard the door and won't let you in unless you have a membership.
and it seems unreasonable to have that person call the hr director only to come all the way out then go all the way back to their office to check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

YourNeighbor in Phoenix, Arizona

47 months ago

ryan in Georgetown, Texas said: After youy apply online and wait a day or so, what do you say if you were to call up and ask for the Hr director ?

They will let you in. Did you know you can go to the pharmacy, buy liquor and the snack bar without a membership? Just be honest and tell them that you want to talk to someone at the membership desk. If they seem friendly and are not too busy, you night want to chat them up a bit, too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Susie in Germantown, Maryland

44 months ago

Does anyone know if Costco uses temp help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

MzMOOdy in Duncan, South Carolina

43 months ago

ANONYMOUS in Glendale, Arizona said: I've been trying to get a job at Costco since I was in high school (ALMOST 7 years ago). I've always viewed them as a very successful company and a challenging and fun place to work. I would re-apply online every 60 days, per their rules. Up until last month I never bothered to call and check up. Big mistake.

The last time I applied, I got down to business . I applied online on a Friday and gave them the weekend. First thing Monday morning I called and left a message for the hiring manager. Then I waited a day and called back. I repeated this for almost three weeks. Everytime I called I always got the manager's voicemail. The last time I called I was told that they had already hired their holiday help, but that they'd keep my name and application on file. Discouraged, I almost gave up. Then a week later (yesterday), I get a call (which I actually missed because I was in a movie). I called them right back and now I have an interview lined up.

A very friendly Costco employee gave me some great advice. She said "Stay on top of them. Keep calling and bugging them." This is what I did, and it got their attention. Be persistent, but not annoying. Another employee told me "Just work your ass off." My goal is to get hired on as holiday help then work my ass off and hired on as full time ! GOOD LUCK TO ANY AND ALL OF YOU APPLYING AT COSTCO!

I'm in the same situation basically. I applied at 2 different local stores & hve interviewed w/ both. The first sent me an email within a wk & told me that I didn't get the position. It's been over a week since I interviewed w/ the other which is the 1 of my preference and I haven't gotten a response back yet. I call them at least 2-3 times a wk to follow up on the position. I know they want ppl to be open to any shift and I would be. Only thing is Lowes has offered me a prmannt wknd position and Costco is just seasonal (if they do call me back) with posblty of prmnt postn.idk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

dannygrl in Temecula, California

35 months ago

Hi all!
I work at Costco Wholesale in San Diego, and I thought I would try and help anyone who is interested in pursuing a career at Costco. All Costco applications are online, you can visit the website costco.com and apply. Getting the first interview can be tough but if you are very truthful on the assessment then your future there will be bright. Costco has many applications being received so your job is to stick out. A resume would be a good idea along with references. If you get an interview they will call you within a couple days then the first interview will be with two people, simply be yourself.. (ie happy, outgoing, and willing to make sure the members are #1!). The next interview (if selected) will be with the stores manager then if you got the job you will immediately take a drug test. Honestly, once you are in with costco you are in. It has great benefits and an outstanding pay. I love my job, and work hard to please everyone. All it takes is a little effort and willing to learn and you will most likely be a perfect fit at Costco Wholesale. Good luck to you all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (105) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

sunglows in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

34 months ago

I have applied several times over the past few months to Costco. I hear it is an excellent company to work for, and would be happy to be given a chance to work there.
I am looking for a data entry/clerical support position. How do I further my chances to work for the Costco in Lancaster Pa.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

anon in Eugene, Oregon

34 months ago

Hello,

I am interested in applying at COSTCO for a cashier position, but I could also be qualified for some of the food positions, or cashier assistant. From what I see on the website it doesn't seem like I can browse positions they are hiring for-- only a list of all of the positions. Each position comes with the message:

Various internet sites may link to this page claiming this is an open position. While this position is representative of a job at Costco Wholesale, it does not represent an actual job opening.

It would be very time-consuming to apply for every position, and I am having trouble justifying doing so if there is a good chance they aren't even looking to hire anyone. How have other people dealt with this? Do they always consider applications? Is there somewhere to look for positions they are looking to fill?

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Butch in Middletown, New Jersey

33 months ago

The last time I applied, I got down to business . I applied online on a Friday and gave them the weekend. First thing Monday morning I called and left a message for the hiring manager. Then I waited a day and called back. I repeated this for almost three weeks. Everytime I called I always got the manager's voicemail. The last time I called I was told that they had already hired their holiday help, but that they'd keep my name and application on file. Discouraged, I almost gave up. Then a week later (yesterday), I get a call (which I actually missed because I was in a movie). I called them right back and now I have an interview lined up.

A very friendly Costco employee gave me some great advice. She said "Stay on top of them. Keep calling and bugging them." This is what I did, and it got their attention. Be persistent, but not annoying. Another employee told me "Just work your ass off." My goal is to get hired on as holiday help then work my ass off and hired on as full time ! GOOD LUCK TO ANY AND ALL OF YOU APPLYING AT COSTCO!

I absolutely love your positive attitude I wish you the best. God Bless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Escondido, California

33 months ago

Dannygrl,
I live practically on top of the Costco in San Marcos, and I've really been wanting to work there forever, but have been raising my family. Everytime, I go there I see men and women my age working and seeming to be so happy. What do you think my chances are of getting a job there if I use your advice? My resume is lacking except for a small business I have making candles out of recycled goods. Do you think I should start with trying to get in during the holidays and go from there? Any advice or help would be really appreciated.

dannygrl in Temecula, California said: Hi all!
I work at Costco Wholesale in San Diego, and I thought I would try and help anyone who is interested in pursuing a career at Costco. All Costco applications are online, you can visit the website costco.com and apply. Getting the first interview can be tough but if you are very truthful on the assessment then your future there will be bright. Costco has many applications being received so your job is to stick out. A resume would be a good idea along with references. If you get an interview they will call you within a couple days then the first interview will be with two people, simply be yourself.. (ie happy, outgoing, and willing to make sure the members are #1!). The next interview (if selected) will be with the stores manager then if you got the job you will immediately take a drug test. Honestly, once you are in with costco you are in. It has great benefits and an outstanding pay. I love my job, and work hard to please everyone. All it takes is a little effort and willing to learn and you will most likely be a perfect fit at Costco Wholesale. Good luck to you all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dannygrl in Temecula, California

33 months ago

Hi Amy!!
So excited for you, you do not need to worry about your resume, honestly. Mine was not impressive at all, and that is the truth! My advice would be apply during August and the beginning of September, that is when they hire seasonals. Costco hires all of their permanent workers from the seasonal. So you would be smart to do seasonal then try and stay permanently, that is what I did. I would apply online then wait a couple days, and go in to the Costco and talk to one of the managers, not the supervisors in the red vest, an actual manager. The supervisors will just give you the run through, ie. Your application is being processed if we like you we will call you. But if you talk to a manager then you are in better luck with getting that interview! I know Costco in San Diego (Carmel Mountain), is hiring middle of August for seasonals too, if you would be interested in trying there also. Like I said before you don't want to be like everyone else turning in applications and not telling the whole truth, ie. Do you get tired when working long shifts? Most people would say, No never, but just put sometimes. Little things like that will make your application stand out. I am sure you have a bright personality and that is what Costco is, tons of different individuals with their own bright personality. If you are boring and lack personality, you probably will not be picked. I would love to give you more information!! If you have any questions for me whatsoever, just ask! I can walk you through everything, Costco is such a great place too work. Hope this helps! Like I said feel free to pick my brain about costco!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Hi Dannygrl,
Thanks so much for the info. I'm definately going to keep your information, and get this going! You'll be hearing more from me I'm sure. Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

jason kuziej in Euclid, Ohio

33 months ago

I had my first interview at Costco on Friday last week they told I would get a call sometime within a week should I call them to show im interested will that hurt or help my chances when should I call before the week passes or after? and is it true Costco pays 11.50 per hour standard pay for all starting employees?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

jason kuziej in Euclid, Ohio said: I had my first interview at Costco on Friday last week they told I would get a call sometime within a week should I call them to show im interested will that hurt or help my chances when should I call before the week passes or after? and is it true Costco pays 11.50 per hour standard pay for all starting employees?
and what hours can I expect get on normal basis

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Amy in Escondido, California said: Dannygrl,
I live practically on top of the Costco in San Marcos, and I've really been wanting to work there forever, but have been raising my family. Everytime, I go there I see men and women my age working and seeming to be so happy. What do you think my chances are of getting a job there if I use your advice? My resume is lacking except for a small business I have making candles out of recycled goods. Do you think I should start with trying to get in during the holidays and go from there? Any advice or help would be really appreciated.

wow your house is on top of Costco you olive on top that's awesome

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JetSnow in Detroit, Michigan

33 months ago

ANONYMOUS in Phoenix, Arizona said: Well, that didn't work. My interview was OUTSTANDING, but Costco sent me a letter about a week later telling me that they found somebody else. HEARTBROKEN.

You only had one interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

JetSnow in Detroit, Michigan

33 months ago

dannygrl in Temecula, California said: Hi all!

Yes I went through this entire process just like you explained it and I'm so glad I just read that I have the job if I take drug test right after the interview with the head boss, I went through all of this and now I'm waiting on them to call me back cause they said they have to do a background check. Thank you I was so worried that I might not get it but now I know I have the job thank you!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Maybe try again in September for a seasonal part time position then you can show them how spectacular you are and they'll keep you! My husband interviewed 4 separate times for 4 separate positions with the same company before he got his job now.. (Not costco) But it worked and he's with the company he wanted. Never give up, if it's what you want!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Amy in Escondido, California said: Maybe try again in September for a seasonal part time position then you can show them how spectacular you are and they'll keep you! My husband interviewed 4 separate times for 4 separate positions with the same company before he got his job now.. (Not costco) But it worked and he's with the company he wanted. Never give up, if it's what you want!

as soon as you get turned via email wich is the only method of turn down contact they use it says you can reapply right away you don't have to wait 60days that's only if you haven't been called in yet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nani86 in San Marcos, California

33 months ago

Amy in Escondido, California said: Hi Dannygrl,
Thanks so much for the info. I'm definately going to keep your information, and get this going! You'll be hearing more from me I'm sure. Thanks so much!

Hi Amy! I am also trying to get a job at Costco, I applied online last week, and I'm planning on going there tomorrow and introduce myself to the manager. I am applying for the one in Vista and the one here in San Marcos too. Just wondering if you already did this and if so, how was your experience? I'll post mine later tomorrow. Hopefully going there will be helpful! Good luck to you and everyone trying to land a job! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

there is no assessment it just ask job history and references that it no 90 question test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Nani86 in San Marcos, California said: Hi Amy! I am also trying to get a job at Costco , I applied online last week, and I'm planning on going there tomorrow and introduce myself to the manager. I am applying for the one in Vista and the one here in San Marcos too. Just wondering if you already did this and if so, how was your experience? I'll post mine later tomorrow. Hopefully going there will be helpful! Good luck to you and everyone trying to land a job! :)

hi I actualy did this myself I was pushed away and told managers don't want to be disturbed from the people at the gate who check you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Nani86 in San Marcos, California said: Hi Amy! I am also trying to get a job at Costco , I applied online last week, and I'm planning on going there tomorrow and introduce myself to the manager. I am applying for the one in Vista and the one here in San Marcos too. Just wondering if you already did this and if so, how was your experience? I'll post mine later tomorrow. Hopefully going there will be helpful! Good luck to you and everyone trying to land a job! :)

I did it today
I reapplied after being turned first time after interview I sent in new app about 2 weeks ago I was pushed away by gate people told me managers don't want to be disturbed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Nani86 in San Marcos, California

32 months ago

Hi! Well actually I decided to call first thing in the morning on Monday, the lady on the phone told me they are hiring their seasonal these days, so perfect timing, she also told me I could call back on wednesday (today) and gave me the name of the manager I should ask for. So instead of calling I went there today. I ask the person at the entrance if he knew where could I find this maager and he told me to go to the offices next to the restrooms. I went there and an employee was walking out of the office, I asked him if the manager was available, he asked me to wait there and the manager came out. I introduced myself and told him about my application. He said they hired 3 people yesterday and they are still hiring. So he went and gave me a folder with a piece of paper. Wrote my name and number down and told me he will get back to me. If I don't hear back from the by friday, I'll call again! :) he was really nice, everybody was nice to me. I took the advice from the person who said to go and ask for the manager directly and not for a supervisor. So I guess calling finding out who the manager is and then walking in is a good option. At least it worked out for me! :) good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Nani86 in San Marcos, California said: Hi! Well actually I decided to call first thing in the morning on Monday, the lady on the phone told me they are hiring their seasonal these days, so perfect timing, she also told me I could call back on wednesday (today) and gave me the name of the manager I should ask for. So instead of calling I went there today. I ask the person at the entrance if he knew where could I find this maager and he told me to go to the offices next to the restrooms. I went there and an employee was walking out of the office, I asked him if the manager was available, he asked me to wait there and the manager came out. I introduced myself and told him about my application. He said they hired 3 people yesterday and they are still hiring. So he went and gave me a folder with a piece of paper. Wrote my name and number down and told me he will get back to me. If I don't hear back from the by friday, I'll call again! :) he was really nice, everybody was nice to me. I took the advice from the person who said to go and ask for the manager directly and not for a supervisor. So I guess calling finding out who the manager is and then walking in is a good option. At least it worked out for me! :) good luck!

they pushed me away women on phone told me they are hiring every manager in every department is looking at apps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

jason kuziej in Euclid, Ohio said: they pushed me away women on phone told me they are hiring every manager in every department is looking at apps

I mean managers in every department is reading apps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Booze in Pacific Grove, California

32 months ago

I think it's who you know and not what you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

#772 in Vancouver, Washington

30 months ago

The best advice is this. As someone who knows this company, you really only need two things. 1) A friend or manager that shows interest in you (aka buddy system). or 2) Locate a new building online and apply for every position possible.
That said, if you want to move up you'll need to be friends with at least two managers who can vouch for your SIT training, then you'll go through a couple hoops but always keep your eye open for buildings that aren't your 'home' building as career opportunities are severely limited.
Most importantly, never delegate up or ask managers to do anything; Because 1) "They've already paid their dues" and 2) they will either demote you or come up with a reason to keep you 'locked out' of any further opportunities.

Just something I've noticed. But Good luck if you do get the job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

paula smith in Brisbane, Australia

30 months ago

Hi I was wondering if you could please tell me who and how to apply for employment at the new costco store that is been built in North Lakes Brisbane Australia If you have any information would be appreciated.
Thanks Paula Smith

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in San Bernardino, California

26 months ago

I was told by a Costco manager to uploaded my resume and I've seen other posts talking about resumes but I can't find the link on the Costco website where I applied to upload my resume. Can anyone help me with how/where to do this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley C in Lake Stevens, Washington

26 months ago

Mark in San Bernardino, California said: I was told by a Costco manager to uploaded my resume and I've seen other posts talking about resumes but I can't find the link on the Costco website where I applied to upload my resume. Can anyone help me with how/where to do this?

I have the same issue. I have been applying on Costco.com for about 8 months. Still no luck. I have a girlfriend that works in the Kirkland, WA warehouse and she says that they should be hiring in April. I don't know if that is temporary or full time. I want to get hired on ASAP. I keep at it everyday for different warehouses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.