I worked for them in their HR department IT'S HORRIBLE

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Over it in Dallas in Dallas, Texas

90 months ago

The VP of Compliance position is open. The HR leader ran off the last woman because she took FMLA. They are horrible to people!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Unknown in Plano, Texas

90 months ago

Countrywide has been stringing me along for a few weeks now. I am trying to come back from FMLA. Everyday that I go in, I am sent home. They say more people need to sign my paperwork and tell me to come back the next day. Now that weeks have gone by and I have jumped through hoops, they are telling me they don't have my paperwork. I know they are trying to drive me out! They have done this with others. They try to get people on FMLA to quit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Countrywide wife in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

Teresa in Lake Worth, Florida said: I have been denied employment by Countrywide & I can't get anyone to tell me why! They told me that I failed the background check done by USA-Fact, but when the report was sent to me, there was NOTHING on it.
USA-Fact says I need to contact CW corportate offices, and my recruiter for CW says I need to contact USA-Fact. It's so FRUSTRATING!
Will you please point me in the right direction on how I can find out? I just want to clear my name.
And I am sorry for your frustration as well.
- Teresa from Florida

Teresa, the same thing happened to me about one month ago. My background check was ok, and when I was ready to start working, they froze all hirings in Operations. Soon after that, they were laid-off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lucky1 in Salem, Wisconsin

87 months ago

My ex husband is a VP there in Texas for Countrywide. I feel lucky to be away from him. If you work for him you will feel lucky to get away from him as well.
He is a supreme a**hole and if he is an example of who they hire, I pity the fools who work for Countrywide and aren't a**holes. They will be chewed up and spit out. All that will be left are the sociopathic executives. They seem to be cutting the more admin types of people in the lay offs. Feel lucky to be out of there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

terry843 in Tallahassee, Florida

87 months ago

I was a countrywide employe who never recieved my last big paycheck from the company. Now it has been impossible to find the HR number to call and see why. Is there a current or previous employee of Countrywide that has Human Resources phone number?
greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Teresa Balog in West Palm Beach, Florida

87 months ago

Countrywide wife in Dallas, Texas said: Teresa, the same thing happened to me about one month ago. My background check was ok, and when I was ready to start working, they froze all hirings in Operations. Soon after that, they were laid-off.

I am truly sorry that you had the same bad experience with Countrywide, but it does give me some piece of mind to see that I was not the only one that they treated like that. The mortgage & real estate market is horrible in South Florida, as I am sure it is elsewhere too - so the way I try to look at it is that even if we would have started working there, we would have been laid off very shortly thereafter. And its THEIR LOSS. I just wish that they didn't waste my time in the 1st place.
Thanks again for the reply,
Teresa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gemmanager in Costa Mesa, California

86 months ago

Check out the Wachovia forum and you'll understand. The CEO Mr. Mozillo is under investigation by the SEC. Seems alot of these mortgage company higher ups knew this was coming and sold their stocks ahead of the decline and made millions. The banking, financial, mortgage, Real Estate, sectors are done for a long time. Look at their stocks tumbling currently. This housing bubble disater is going to pull down alot of the economy and jobs. It's going to be painful for the consumer going forward. Save, Save, save... If your able to pay down your debt and live spartan until this mess is over. I'll caution it could be years but do what you need to do to weather job loss, foreclosure, finacial ruin. Until americans wake up and smell the scam currently going on we are vulnerable. It's time to shore and do what is nessesary to ride it out. Good Luck to us all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

chipper954 in Phoenix, Arizona

86 months ago

Unknown in Plano, Texas said: Countrywide has been stringing me along for a few weeks now. I am trying to come back from FMLA. Everyday that I go in, I am sent home. They say more people need to sign my paperwork and tell me to come back the next day. Now that weeks have gone by and I have jumped through hoops, they are telling me they don't have my paperwork. I know they are trying to drive me out! They have done this with others. They try to get people on FMLA to quit.

If they've done it to other women who went on family/maternity leave, sounds like there could be a gender discrimination lawsuit.

dman dman in san jose, California

84 months ago

Someone needs to say something about this! www.fakepaycheckstubs.com IS THIS LEGAL? No wonder why we have the subprime mess we have when lenders USE FAKE DOCUMENTATION to help PUSH the loan through Quickly SO THAT EVERYONE DOWN THE FOOD CHAIN (from loan processor to the loan officer to the actual lender) can make the commissions they "WERE" making during the booming 90's!!! Now we are BAILING OUT THESE CROOKS....SOUNDS LIKE the good ol' 1980's Savings and Loan BAILOUT DAYS to me! www.fakepaycheckstubs.com see it with YOUR OWN EYES!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy Moore in Austin, Texas

82 months ago

Unknown in Plano, Texas said: Countrywide has been stringing me along for a few weeks now. I am trying to come back from FMLA. Everyday that I go in, I am sent home. They say more people need to sign my paperwork and tell me to come back the next day. Now that weeks have gone by and I have jumped through hoops, they are telling me they don't have my paperwork. I know they are trying to drive me out! They have done this with others. They try to get people on FMLA to quit.

LETS GET A LAWYER!!!!

John Doe in North Hollywood, California

79 months ago

Countrywide wife in Dallas, Texas said: Teresa, the same thing happened to me about one month ago. My background check was ok, and when I was ready to start working, they froze all hirings in Operations. Soon after that, they were laid-off.

Im an Ex CW Insider and CW is only hireing ex fellons so when they rip them off they know they wont report them because they dont wont anything to do with the law now a days all loan company are all about shenanagans!

79 months ago

terry843 in Tallahassee, Florida said: I was a countrywide employe who never recieved my last big paycheck from the company. Now it has been impossible to find the HR number to call and see why. Is there a current or previous employee of Countrywide that has Human Resources phone number?
greatly appreciated!

THERE IN CALABASAS CALIF

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Teresa Balog in West Palm Beach, Florida said: __________________________________________________________
Hi There CW wife,
I am truly sorry that you had the same bad experience with Countrywide, but it does give me some piece of mind to see that I was not the only one that they treated like that. The mortgage & real estate market is horrible in South Florida, as I am sure it is elsewhere too - so the way I try to look at it is that even if we would have started working there, we would have been laid off very shortly thereafter. And its THEIR LOSS. I just wish that they didn't waste my time in the 1st place.
Thanks again for the reply,
Teresa

You would have been laid off because you didt udnerstand the business i seen hundredsss of people like you come and go and they closed your loans after you left but if you had a major pipeline you could have left knowing that they messed with the wrong person i took all my book of business that i brang to them over to wells fargo and made a killing they shouldnt mess with a ball of energy!

79 months ago

chipper954 in Phoenix, Arizona said: If they've done it to other women who went on family/maternity leave, sounds like there could be a gender discrimination lawsuit.

dont wast anymore of your time this isnt new to them!

John Crouch in Dallas`, Texas

70 months ago

Over it in Dallas in Dallas, Texas said: The VP of Compliance position is open. The HR leader ran off the last woman because she took FMLA. They are horrible to people!!!!

I am a lawyer representing someone fired from Countrywide after returning from FMLA leave. I would like to talk to anyone with knowledge about similar treatment to other employees here in Texas. You can contact me at jhc@kilgorelaw.com.

John

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.