Coventry Health Care News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 70)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Coventry Health Care stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Just Wondering in Chicago, Illinois

86 months ago

What I can't figure out is why these positions (and there's more than one) have been open for over a year. First Health was acquired not too long before that and I've seen postings for multipla business analysts there ever since, yet the jobs never seem to get filled.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Burlingame, California

86 months ago

Coventry had a great job fair recently in Scottsdale Az. I was very impressed by their logistics, professionalism, approach etc.

However, I was most dissapointed by the fact that although I had an excellent screening, and was enthusiastically promised a follow-up interview, I have heard NOTHING. Worse yet, I had applied online for one of the positions, and received the thanks no thanks and all the jobs are filled form letter. Yet, all those jobs are STILL posted on their website.

One hand not talking to the other apparently....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Darnell in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

Be prepared to work and put your family second. It is a very fast-paced, highly competitive environment. The healthcare industry is forcing them to keep costs low, which translates into below average pay. Financially strong company though. Look at analyst stock reports.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

SLM in Littleton, Colorado

85 months ago

Just Wondering in Chicago, Illinois said: What I can't figure out is why these positions (and there's more than one) have been open for over a year. First Health was acquired not too long before that and I've seen postings for multipla business analysts there ever since, yet the jobs never seem to get filled.

I agree. The nurse case manager position continues to pop up, but I have recieved no response after the first, very interested, call back. I assume the position is filled then it is posted again. Very confusing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Etters, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

I work at Coventry in Harrisburg, PA for several years now, starting out as a customer service rep, now a business analyst. They have a very high turnover rate (the HR rep told us in our orientation on the first day that it is 25%), so I think they keep the job postings open so they can keep a steady stream of resumes coming in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Janis17201 in Mercer, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

Why is there such a high turn-over rate?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shirley in Addison, Texas

85 months ago

I worked for Focus and the company was recently bought out by Coventry. I tried to transfer to another office, doing the same job that I am performing now. They sent me an email saying that they are looking for more qualified candidates. How much sense does that make. They treat their own employees like dirt, and this just lets me know that this job posting isn't real!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Etters, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

Janis17201 in Mercer, Pennsylvania said: Why is there such a high turn-over rate?

-Below average pay (they display the salary range on the internal job postings, and pay at the lowest salary or below). Obviously not very good for morale, either. It makes you wonder what they REALLY think of you.

-Job titles/descriptions are very misleading. You may end up doing something totally different than what you apply/are hired for.

-Long hours/weekends/evenings...put your family second.

-Poor morale. Mid-management is treated well, especially during Christmas season. Regular workers are seen as a liability (i.e., cost center)

-No training or continuing education offered.

-Not a very professional, respectable work environment, unless you enjoy meetings that discuss South Park for the first 15 minutes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

David in Salt Lake City, Utah

84 months ago

I've been a business analysis manager at 2 fortune 500 companies, both with health care specialties, and have not been abile to penetrate the Coventry hiring process. My decision was to just give up - sad because I'm good at what I do and I probably could have added value.

SL in Cranberry Twp, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

Yes, I believe they will survive and thrive. They expand due to work at home positions leaving their building. Layoffs are not practiced, except in extreme situations

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

x employee in Bismarck, North Dakota

84 months ago

I hated the job I had, I tried and tried to move up went to several different people that were higher up than me. I was excellent at what I did and all of it went unnoticed. The morale was the worst I had ever seen it before I left. People would cry because they had to go to work the next day. I wouldn't recommend working for this company. Your family is truly second unless you get a great supervisor or are in the right position. I don't think that coventry is going anywhrere for a long time, they lose a lot of employees from them leaving, I haven't seen many firings unless you were sick too much or you had to miss more then 8 days of work for your family in a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

heath

84 months ago

I used to work for Focus so i am curious if it will last or not. other than the uncertiany and turf wars little has changed since the focus buyout

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Mather, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

I recently was contacted for an initial phone interview for a Medicare Outside Rep position. Can anyone offer me any adivse or tips on the hiring process as to what I can expect and how quickly follow up takes place. Also if there are any reps out there I would appreciate learning of your experience working with Coventry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Patrick in Tucson, Arizona

83 months ago

I am currently assisting Coventry with there open Business Analyst positions. I have read all of your comments and most seem to be centered around follow up and feedback. If you are still interested in any Business Analyst positions with Coventry please feel free to call me at <Edited by Host> or e-mail me at patrick.bracey@monumentconsulting.com.

***Message from Host***
Please do not post contact information on the forums.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Kathy S. in Tucson, Arizona

83 months ago

Just Wondering in Chicago, Illinois said: What I can't figure out is why these positions (and there's more than one) have been open for over a year. First Health was acquired not too long before that and I've seen postings for multipla business analysts there ever since, yet the jobs never seem to get filled.

I worked in a csr position for 9 months. They have great benefits and the local management is very personable; however, they don't give raises and the many audits and constant changes in work rules and regulations drive employees away. This company cannot keep employees---hence the need to constantly advertise to fill positions of employee who quit due to constant on-the-job aggravation!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sandra in Phoenix, Arizona

83 months ago

Anonymous in Burlingame, California said: Coventry had a great job fair recently in Scottsdale Az. I was very impressed by their logistics, professionalism, approach etc.

However, I was most dissapointed by the fact that although I had an excellent screening, and was enthusiastically promised a follow-up interview, I have heard NOTHING. Worse yet, I had applied online for one of the positions, and received the thanks no thanks and all the jobs are filled form letter. Yet, all those jobs are STILL posted on their website.

One hand not talking to the other apparently....

I have noticed that too, being qualified and no follow-up from them, have moved on to searching other companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Janis17201 in Mercer, Pennsylvania said: Why is there such a high turn-over rate?

Very poor pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Mechanicsville, Virginia

83 months ago

Lisa in Etters, Pennsylvania said: I work at Coventry in Harrisburg, PA for several years now, starting out as a customer service rep, now a business analyst. They have a very high turnover rate (the HR rep told us in our orientation on the first day that it is 25%), so I think they keep the job postings open so they can keep a steady stream of resumes coming in.

What is the starting salary for Business Analyst, if you don't mind me asking (not about your job, but in general). Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

G Y in Taunusstein, Germany

83 months ago

jivandass@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Patrick in Tucson, Arizona

83 months ago

Sandra in Phoenix, Arizona said: I have noticed that too, being qualified and no follow-up from them, have moved on to searching other companies.

Sandra feel free to give me a call if you are still interested and maybe we can find out what happened. It maybe a case where the position you applied for already had other candidates in process and, although your skills were a match the timing may not have been right. Patrick [Edited by Host]

***Message from Host***
Contact info deleted Please do not post Contact info in the forums.
If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile Also please be cautious when sending your information to anyone on the forums.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dawn in Monroeville, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

Had two lengthy interviews for a position in HR. The second ,with the VP of HR lasting over two hours. I received what seemed like positive feedback from the HR manager. I was told that their decision would be made in one week. It was between myself and one other candidate and I would hear something either way. Ten days after that I saw the position re posted online. I never received a letter or any contact back.That is completely unprofessional. I was very excited at the possibility of working for Coventry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nathan Scott_1990 in Zelienople, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

Dawn In Monroeville. I still work at Coventry in Cranberry. I know what hzppened. They did you a favor by not hiring you. They are evil people. I only work there until I can get another job.

Today, I was so furious. I saw ANOTHER HUGE VINDICTIVE ACT OF A COMPANY WHO IS LIKE A WHITE WASHED GRAVE STONE.....LOOKS GREAT FROM THE OUTSIDE BUT CONTAINS SKELETONS ARE RUNNING THE PLACE.

THERE IS AN EXTREMELY HIGH TURNOVER RATE! ONE=HALF OF THE "NEW HIRES" ARE EITHER FIRED

I can tell you why you were not hired....is that not nice that I know and you do not?

I CAN TELL YOU IT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT....BUT COULD WELL BE A LAWSUIT IF YOU WANT TO KNOW. THIS MORBIDLY RUN CORPORATION.....THEY ARE EVIL AND WICKED! I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL I FIND ANOTHER JOB!

I HATE MY JOB BECAUSE IT INVOLVES DENYING CLAIMS THAT WERE FILED TIMELY AND THEY REJECT THEM FOR NOT EVER RECEIVING THEM. WARNING TO ANY PROVIDER..THEY ARE USING YOUR MONEY AS A SAVINGS ACCOUNT.......THEY WILL SETTLE WITH YOU...EVENTUALLY...HOWEVER, I AM INSTRUCTED TO DENY YOU AND TRY TO MAKE YOU GIVE UP....AND THEN UPHOLD THE DENIAL BECAUSE OF LACK OF TIMELY FILING.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Mark in Mather, Pennsylvania said: I recently was contacted for an initial phone interview for a Medicare Outside Rep position. Can anyone offer me any adivse or tips on the hiring process as to what I can expect and how quickly follow up takes place. Also if there are any reps out there I would appreciate learning of your experience working with Coventry.

PLEASE SEE MY NOTES WRITTEN BELOW FROM NATHAN....YOU DO NOT WANT HIRED...KEEP LOOKING...THEY ARE NOT TRUSTWORTHY PEOPLE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

x employee in Bismarck, North Dakota said: I hated the job I had, I tried and tried to move up went to several different people that were higher up than me. I was excellent at what I did and all of it went unnoticed. The morale was the worst I had ever seen it before I left. People would cry because they had to go to work the next day. I wouldn't recommend working for this company. Your family is truly second unless you get a great supervisor or are in the right position. I don't think that coventry is going anywhrere for a long time, they lose a lot of employees from them leaving, I haven't seen many firings unless you were sick too much or you had to miss more then 8 days of work for your family in a year.

HELLO, I WORK FOR COVENTRY IN CRANBERRY....PERHAPS THERE WERE NOT MISMANGEMENT WHERE YOU WORK...HOWEVER, THE TURNOVER RATE FOR NEW HIRES ARE ASTOUNDING AND SAD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

David in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I've been a business analysis manager at 2 fortune 500 companies, both with health care specialties, and have not been abile to penetrate the Coventry hiring process. My decision was to just give up - sad because I'm good at what I do and I probably could have added value.

DON'T AT ALL FEEL BAD! YOU WERE TOO GOOD FOR THEM AND THAT IS WHY YOU WERE NOT HIRED.....PLEASE SEE MY OTHER TRUE COMMENTS.

82 months ago

Mark in Mather, Pennsylvania said: I recently was contacted for an initial phone interview for a Medicare Outside Rep position. Can anyone offer me any adivse or tips on the hiring process as to what I can expect and how quickly follow up takes place. Also if there are any reps out there I would appreciate learning of your experience working with Coventry.

PLEASE SEE MY COMMENTS AND IF YOU WANT TO BE HAPPY...DON'T WORK THERE......NOTHING HAS HAPPENED TO ME AND I HAVE MANGED TO SUCCEED

82 months ago

Patrick in Tucson, Arizona said: I am currently assisting Coventry with there open Business Analyst positions. I have read all of your comments and most seem to be centered around follow up and feedback. If you are still interested in any Business Analyst positions with Coventry please feel free to call me at 520-256-7337 or e-mail me at patrick.bracey@monumentconsulting.com.

YOU MAY WELL BE A VERY GOOD MAN....HOWEVER, YOU ARE TREATED MUCH DIFFERENTLY THAN THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE. I WORK AT COVENTRY AND HAVE ADVANCED...I HAVE SEEN MANY, MANY UNNECESSARY DISMISSALS THAT DO NOT NEED TO OCCUR AND ARE PRIMARILY POLITICAL....PLEASE HEED MY WORD....AND KEEP YOUR EYES OPENED.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Sandra in Phoenix, Arizona said: Very poor pay.

JANIS...SANDRA IS RIGHT.. POOR WAGES AND LIES ABOUT ADVANCEMENTS...IF YOU ARE WORKING FOR THEM....PLEASE KEEP QUIET FOR YOUR SAFETY...BUT PLEASE ALSO LOOK AT THE INJUSTICES WHICH ARE ASTONISHING.

82 months ago

G Y in Taunusstein, Germany said: jivandass@yahoo.com

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU HAVE YOUR EMAIL POSTED WITH NO COMMENTS OR REPLIES....ARE YOU EMPLOYED BY COVENTRY?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Patrick in Tucson, Arizona said: Sandra feel free to give me a call if you are still interested and maybe we can find out what happened. It maybe a case where the position you applied for already had other candidates in process and, although your skills were a match the timing may not have been right. Patrick 520-256-7337.

PATRICK....WHAT ARE YOUR REAL THOUGHTS ABOUT COVENTRY OR ARE YOU THEIR GOPHER

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

I can tell you that when Coventry took over First Health things changed and it wasn't for the better. First Health had better morale and made it a better place to work for. Coventry has to many rules and they are cheap to their employees. First Health had morale boosting activities, not this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Yes! You hit the nail on the heard. Coventry Health is extremely dishonest and should be investigated for fraud. I heard many of the girls complain that they had to deny claims the first around no matter what. Coventry tells the providers that they did not file timely in order to get them to prevent the provider to get his deserved money for services rendered. Basically, they are using the provider's money as a bank account.......very nasty company. Still work there because I have to....cannot wait until another job comes up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MissyKS in Lenexa, Kansas

81 months ago

Very disappointing. The managers use intimidation tactics with their employees. The manager I worked under continually made several of the girls in my department cry when they in fact knew the job better than he did. They overwork you, several of my coworkers routinely skipped lunches although clocked out for them and worked in excess of 60 hours a week. The job was not what they told me it was, they had me doing cold calling which I never would accepted the position had I known. The HR manager was very fake and had this annoying constant smile. I saw my manager complain about everything under the sun from using the copier to make copies (that's what they're for) to the fact that the individuals that we were cold calling didn't want to set up an appointment with a rep (you can't force them no matter how many times you call) to constant criticism of how things were done when he didn't know how to do thing himself. I was hired for a temp position and I wasn't eligible for medical/dental, and this is a health care company. The supervisors are greedy, they expect everyone else to work hard and are constantly on their backs, and they just sit back and collect the bonuses. Overall it was a very stuffy, uncomfortable environment. Don't wast your time.

JAM in San Diego, California

78 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

I just resigned from Coventry on the 18 you do not want to work in the San Diego office
They have terrible working conditions the manage and director Esquibel, Azeez are hideous to work for and they refuse to let the employees off to go to doctor visits because if an employee uses the health care benefits it reflects on their bottom line. The cheat the employees out of their had earned bonuses and fire employees with out warning. The two I worked for should be in jail not running a Company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

A law suit is being filed over Coventry Health Cares unfair business practices if you are interested please contact <Edited By Host> to be added to the list

I just resigned from Coventry on the 18 you do not want to work in the San Diego office
They have terrible working conditions the manage and director Esquibel, Azeez are hideous to work for and they refuse to let the employees off to go to doctor visits because if an employee uses the health care benefits it reflects on their bottom line. The cheat the employees out of their had earned bonuses and fire employees with out warning. The two I worked for should be in jail not running a Company

***Message from Host***
Contact info deleted. Please use profiles if you feel you must publish contact info since you can control their visibility.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

A law suit is being filed over Coventry Health Cares unfair business practices if you are interested please contact <Edited By Host> to be added to the list

***Message from Host***
Contact info deleted. Please use profiles if you feel you must publish contact info since you can control their visibility.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

***Message from Host***
[Edited by Host] Contact info deleted. Please use profiles if you feel you must publish contact info since you can control their visibility.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

A law suit is being filed over Coventry Health Cares unfair business practices, age discrimination if you are interested please contact <Edited By Host> to be added to the list

***Message from Host***
[Edited by Host] Contact info deleted. Please use profiles if you feel you must publish contact info since you can control their visibility.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

doug davis in atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

Let me offer some candid observations from inside Coventry. First some good people are here, but there are also some you wonder how they find their way to work. I would hazard to guess they hide in a fractured Management structure where nobody knows about them. You think I am kidding, I am not this is happening, the flip side is good people also are not getting noticed. Additionally, Management encourges, no demands employees work only inside their box and not venture out of that box to do the right thing for clients or providers, which leaves no feeling of ownership of their jobs by employees, only a feeling "I will draw my paycheck, do my time and go home". This of course leads to another issue where the goal is not to actually handle a issue that comes across your desk but to move that issue to someone else's desk " box". It does not matter if the client or provider is taken care of, it only matters that you get this issue off your desk so you limit you exposure to that issue. All this coupled with customers and providers issues routed into 1 in-box (that they all hate since nobody ever gets called back or their issue handled)leads to multiple signs of a sick company that is too busy aquiring (buying revenue) instead of consolidating what they have. I would hazard to guess that unless the atmosphere is changed this company's client base will start withering away since the market will move to fill the void and create a competitor to fit market needs instead of having one big company stuck in low gear becuase of " atmospheric conditions".

My suggestions
First the culture thing has to be broken. Coventry for want of a better example is set up like Soviet Russia's army of old (no they do not have the same goal!) with a command and control structure that is rigid and requires soldiers in the trenches and or battlefield commanders to send up request to do anything

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

continued
This leads to slow reaction time to issues\ problems because the ones(s) actually handling the problem(s)have to ask for permisson to act from someone miles away both in body and spirit. This management style always leads to problems and never works in the long run. The American style was to define everybodies position \ task down to the "t" to make them secure in their assignments yet give them freedom to assume control of the battlefield situation since they were there and they could make the best informed decsion of how to proceed. In pursing this course the American Army was able to weed out the poor performer and political appointies and create a faster responding more nimble machine that could take on all comers. Coventry should move very strongly towards this strategy and go even futher in creating a more flat line company where more ownership of tasks is given to employees (and thinking and working outside the box is encourged) and take responsabilties away from those who work to perserve their jobs instead of actully doing their job. Don't get me wrong there are some great pieces here someone just has to start making them all work together. But hey!!!! what do I know I am in I guess what you would say middle management and I moved recently to Atlanta for NY and am going to be resigning this coming week to pursue something else with a hospital, so I guess I just wanted to vent awhile about a good company, some good people and still a good concept than can and should change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

One big problem is the communication is terrible, we don't even have monthly meetings, we hear things by the grapevine, and then how much of that is true. I think the key to a good company and happy employees is letting them know what is going on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Sandra
Do see this as a company wide problem or just in Az, surely there has to be some communication.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

KimberlyFrnc in Lockport, Illinois

76 months ago

I interviewed here very recently in Chicago, and the HR person was rude and unprofessional. She called me into her office to start the interview, and then she said, "do you mind if I check some e-mails first?" Then she proceeded to check e-mails for 5 minutes while I just sat there. She barely asked me any questions and did all the talking. Then she said, "you're highly qualified and I want you to come back for a second round of interviews." It's been 2 weeks and I've heard nothing. Also, the culture seemed cold and unfriendly. As I sat in the reception area, no one offered me any water or even smiled at me. I went into the bathroom, and one of the employees had her i-Pod on with the music blaring really loud with rap music. I would never want to work for this company based on this experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

moperson in Foristell, Missouri

76 months ago

Yes, Coventry is planning layoffs. I know of the workman's comp division in Hazelwood is being closed this summer. The Gallagher Bassett account will be moved to Tucson.

This deparment was a former Concentra office that was a part of the merger and a loser in the employment game.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Looking for ethical employer in Phoenix, Arizona

75 months ago

Just what does Coventry Healthcare do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Patrick in Tucson, Arizona said: Sandra feel free to give me a call if you are still interested and maybe we can find out what happened. It maybe a case where the position you applied for already had other candidates in process and, although your skills were a match the timing may not have been right. Patrick 520-256-7337.

I had a job interview and was qualified for the job and waited for two weeks to find out I didn't get the job. They hired outside the company, people who they would have to teach everything. I was told, "I didn't impress the supv." So be prepared to get answers like this. Also they keep people who don't do their quota and they don't care to get rid of them. It's not fair to the people who try hard and make their quota. I am now in the process of looking very hard for a company that cares about their employees. Communication is sorely missed here.

75 months ago

Sandra in Phoenix, Arizona said: I had a job interview and was qualified for the job and waited for two weeks to find out I didn't get the job. They hired outside the company, people who they would have to teach everything. I was told, "I didn't impress the supv." So be prepared to get answers like this. Also they keep people who don't do their quota and they don't care to get rid of them. It's not fair to the people who try hard and make their quota. I am now in the process of looking very hard for a company that cares about their employees. Communication is sorely missed here.

Forgot to tell you I work for Coventry and the interview was with the company.

75 months ago

KimberlyFrnc in Lockport, Illinois said: I interviewed here very recently in Chicago, and the HR person was rude and unprofessional. She called me into her office to start the interview, and then she said, "do you mind if I check some e-mails first?" Then she proceeded to check e-mails for 5 minutes while I just sat there. She barely asked me any questions and did all the talking. Then she said, "you're highly qualified and I want you to come back for a second round of interviews." It's been 2 weeks and I've heard nothing. Also, the culture seemed cold and unfriendly. As I sat in the reception area, no one offered me any water or even smiled at me. I went into the bathroom, and one of the employees had her i-Pod on with the music blaring really loud with rap music. I would never want to work for this company based on this experience.

And folks, what she said is completely typical.

Looking for ethical employer in Phoenix, Arizona

75 months ago

In one of my college courses controversial interviewing was discussed. Some interviewers would do such things as have their desk raised higher than where applicants sat, allow sunlight to shine into the eyes of an applicant, etc. just to see how assertive a person was. i wonder if that is what was happening to Kimberly in Lockport. Whether or not, very poor behavior on the part of interviewer. Wonder what would have happened if Kimberly had stated she did mind if the interviewer checked emails?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.