Coventry Health Care News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 70 of 70)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

leftu2008 in San Antonio, Texas

109 months ago

Does anyone know if Coventry is planning layoffs or is being acquired by Aetna?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

walkingaway in Houston, Texas

96 months ago

Stay as far away from this company as you can. You will have to put your family 2nd, and will be put through a meat grinder daily. There is no respect from mgmt , you are given tasks that you cant possibly complete and no amount of explaining is good enough. The work load is sky high . I am glad to finally be gone from that hell hole.

Reply - Report abuse

moperson in Foristell, Missouri

90 months ago

This is my second go round with Coventry Healthcare. I have lost two jobs when they left for Sunbelt States - Arizona and Florida. Of course I am sure they will not pay any more than I was getting. Not that I was getting much.

I would suggest that if you work for Coventry out of any office that was formerly Concentra that you dust off your resume and get out of there.

Coventry is not a company to work for.

Reply - Report abuse

Margery in New Jersey

86 months ago

Can anyone tell me what is it like working for Coventry Healthcare as a nurse? I have read many negative things about this company thus far, and would like some feed back as to the working conditions for this company.

Reply - Report abuse

ann in Chicago, Illinois

85 months ago

Margery in New Jersey said: Can anyone tell me what is it like working for Coventry Healthcare as a nurse? I have read many negative things about this company thus far, and would like some feed back as to the working conditions for this company.

I can tell you that personally, I have had 3 interviews over the last 6 years and declined a job offer each time. I know for a fact that I have more experience as a Case Manager than the other candidates and believe that discrimination is a factor.

Reply - Report abuse

moperson in Foristell, Missouri

85 months ago

I would suggest that you are lucky by not getting a job a Coventry. This is a demeaning place to work for.

I don't think this company will be around in 10 to 15 yrs.

Reply - Report abuse

Irritated in Kings Mountain, North Carolina

79 months ago

Please listen to me when I tell you this and don't think you're so desperate that you're willing to accept any job. Do not accept a job from this company. I will explain why. I work there now. They make their money from aquiring new businesses. They don't care about the customer, they deny claims for ridiculous reasons and put the customer in the middle. Why would they have to keep the customer happy? All they have to do is aquire a new one. They took over Mutual of Omaha's three FEHB clients. All of which had been customers with Mutual of Omaha for over 50 years. That says something. Then..Coventry took over. How long did it take for one of the clients to leave? 3 years..they were not willing to meet the needs of their customers so the client left. I'm sure if Mutual caught wind of this they would be sick to their stomach. By the way..Mutual of Omaha knows what they are doing. If I was Coventry I would be completely embarrassed by that. That is truly sad. I feel bad for those customers.

Secondly, neither do they care for their employees. They require crazy hours, and are very strick about time off. The many comments regarding putting your family second, are so true. I can't tell you how many people I work with who's marriages have been distroyed since Coventry aquired our business. It is truly sad that you have to put this lame excuse for a company above your family to keep your job. Their quality program is worthless as well. So strick to the point if you don't have the comma just in the right spot or you put a space where there's not supposed to be one..things that don't matter at all you get an error for. Not to mention your office is charged errors for mistakes made in other departments/offices on the other side of the U.S. Where is the accountability in these other offices, they can just keep making errors and we have to suffer the consequences.

Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Third, their system sucks. We're talking about a forturne 500 company and we're working a DOS based system that can't handle a PPO plan. It was designed for HMO. It can't handle a lot of the benefits we have on the PPO plans, so there's a lot of manual work. You write up tickets to get things fixed, they close the tickets w/o even looking at it. Oh, but..if it something that impacts one of the larger clients, rest assured it will be done very promptly. It repeats comments you add, things get added/or disappear for no reason. One minute the claim is denying for records, the next it's paying. It's just a crazy sytem that they are unwilling to fix or replace. It's frustrating.

Fourth, there's no expertise in this company. I'm a claims examiner yet I'm required to wear every hat in the company because they do not have the expertise to handle it. I'll never forget when IT asked ME to write a formula to program our system. WTF? You are IT and you're asking ME to write a formula to program the system? This is a freakin joke. Everything boils down to the claims examiner, you have soooo many responsibilities other than claims, it's so hard to do what you're actually hired to do. Not to mention management has no clue wth they are doing.

Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

It's truly sad that the things that are supposed to matter such as keeping your customers happy, trying to make enhancements to this sytem so that it can handle all lines of business so that everything isn't a manual process, they don't care about, BUT GOD FORBID YOU PUT A COMMA IN THE WRONG SPOT THEY WILL SKIN YOUR HIDE!!!!!!

You know what's funny, I found this forum by typing "I HATE COVENTRY HEALTHCARE" in the google search engine. lol ahhh..this made my day.

Reply - Report abuse

Medical Coding Seeker in Middle, Tennessee

78 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Coventry Health Care stack up against the competition?

Well layoffs were definite where I worked and with my old department. Rumor has it more layoffs may be in the future at my former office location. The work was good until downsizing started two years ago, the morale and attitudes greatly declined, and there were many red flags a second group of layoffs was inevitable this year.

The pros for the job were flextime, the pay and benefits were good, and it was a casual work environment.

The con was that management kept us in the dark regarding the future of our department, staying behind closed doors and keeping to themselves more than usual, and no more group meetings, and that added to the already low morale. They focused more on our job performance and attendance, and stopped doing things to help morale, and it became less enjoyable to come to work.

Management shouldn't keep employees in the dark, at least let us know on a scale of 1-4 if we'd still be employed by summer, and they shouldn't just focus on trying to save their own job. Remember, management is only as good as their department employees.

Reply - Report abuse

JJ in Phoenix, Arizona

78 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Coventry Health Care stack up against the competition?

This company is terrible in my opinion, worked in Senior Management for years, knowing what I knew made me ill, finally had to leave..Hear they are still performing their yearly 5% layoffs.. Except certain 'special' friends. Millions of dollars go out every year in settlements with providers..they refuse to fix the internal issues, instead spend money covering their asses with external reviews that never get implemented. General staff lucky to get a 2% increase regardless of how well they perform, UNLESS you are in IT then you get 5% if you are average 7-10% is for above average.. 99% are above average. Walk through IT they aren't handling calls in Q, they aren't processing a claim every 3 min. No they are setting up the next football pool,planning there depts next OFFSITE meeting (anybody for spring training game, Golf at the beach.

They are deplorable. IN my Opinion

Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Now there are rumours that Coventry wants to let go of the entire Workers Comp division because the company is not making much profit off of it. I guess they are trying to see what other entity wants to buy it from them? If what the previous poster mentioned is true about millions of dollars spent on settlements with providers, then I don't see who would want to buy it if it's in such bad shape. Anyway, it wouldn't be very difficult for Coventry to completely shut down my entire old office location and distribute the work to their other offices out-of-state.

Reply - Report abuse

JJ in Phoenix, Arizona

78 months ago

The rumors about them selling off WC have been around since they bought FH, at that time they had never been involved in WC and had no idea how to manage it, last I heard they are planning on keeping WC because it is one of the few money making lines of business. The problem they have now is that they let the Historic Coventry Health plans screw up the WC Physician network so badly, they will have a hard time profiting from WC in the future in my opinion. Until they get the HP's under control and stop paying MILLIONS out every year to providers they will have problems and in my opinion yearly layoffs.

Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

JJ in Phoenix, Arizona said: The rumors about them selling off WC have been around since they bought FH, at that time they had never been involved in WC and had no idea how to manage it, last I heard they are planning on keeping WC because it is one of the few money making lines of business. The problem they have now is that they let the Historic Coventry Health plans screw up the WC Physician network so badly, they will have a hard time profiting from WC in the future in my opinion. Until they get the HP's under control and stop paying MILLIONS out every year to providers they will have problems and in my opinion yearly layoffs.

Patty Onion and Chris Watson are those in charge of my former department. It amazes me how many clients left during the three years I was employed there. Part of the reason my old department had layoffs was due to the decreased volume of work, or so we were told. And the incoming work is still slowly decreasing from what I hear.

Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

One of my former Coventry coworkers said that Coventry's subsidiary First Health Group will pay $150.5 million towards the Louisiana provider class action litigation settlement.

Reply - Report abuse

JJ in Phoenix, Arizona

77 months ago

Medical Coding Seeker in Middle, Tennessee said: One of my former Coventry coworkers said that Coventry's subsidiary First Health Group will pay $150.5 million towards the Louisiana provider class action litigation settlement.

Don't doubt the payout, but I would bet it's not due to the FH line of Business (FH is not a subsidiary) I would bet it related to the Data Control (Lack of) issues. And most of those have been caused by the Historic Coventry Health plans altering the provider data inaccurately,incompletely etc.(they were not familiar with FH contracts and choose not to learn) Also most Ins plan pulled out of Louisiana because of the regulations were almost impossible meet and highly favored the Physician. Coventry should have withdrawn from the market, instead they stayed and refused to deal with data quality issues that probably set them up perfectly for the lawsuit. IMO several senior excutives at Coventry should loss their jobs over their lack of action and ineptness.

Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Well, I just received word that one of their biggest clients, ESIS, will no longer be doing exclusive business with Coventry. David Young said in a memo they plan to migrate business away over the next few months and into the new year. Also, that Coventry's Workers Comp is strong and still highly competitive for managed care and network services...lol I told all my friends who still work at my former office to dust off their resumes and start looking soon. Who knows if they'll still have a job there after the end of the year.

Reply - Report abuse

Pam Starks in Tampa, Florida

63 months ago

The one thing I dislike is they do post jobs and say they hired someone but they really don't. And another thing I notice you have to know certain people in order to get the job at Coventry in my city it's like if your cool or close with a manger or supervisor then u have the job. Nd its sad because people need jobs it's like if a person within the company apply for the job they'll give it to them before they give it to a outsider && that's bad business I'm getting to the Point to where I'm going to start a petition. About this...

Reply - Report abuse

Pam Starks in Tampa, Florida

63 months ago

Medical Coding Seeker in Middle, Tennessee said: Well layoffs were definite where I worked and with my old department. Rumor has it more layoffs may be in the future at my former office location. The work was good until downsizing started two years ago, the morale and attitudes greatly declined, and there were many red flags a second group of layoffs was inevitable this year.

The pros for the job were flextime, the pay and benefits were good, and it was a casual work environment.

The con was that management kept us in the dark regarding the future of our department, staying behind closed doors and keeping to themselves more than usual, and no more group meetings, and that added to the already low morale. They focused more on our job performance and attendance, and stopped doing things to help morale, and it became less enjoyable to come to work.

Management shouldn't keep employees in the dark, at least let us know on a scale of 1-4 if we'd still be employed by summer, and they shouldn't just focus on trying to save their own job. Remember, management is only as good as their department employees.

They do that here keeping people in the dark about there jobs

Reply - Report abuse

Lois Emerson in Tampa, Florida

60 months ago

STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! DON'T FEEL BAD IF YOU DIDN'T GET A CALL BACK FROM AN INTERVIEW. BE THANKFUL!!! IN SOME DPTS., MANAGERS ARE ABUSIVE AND SHOULD BE HUNG OUT TO DRY, IT'S SICKENING. I HOPE THEY ALL GET LAYED OFF AND STRUGGLE AND I HOPE AETNA HAS THEIR OWN PEOPLE AND GETS RID OF ALL OF THEM IN TAMPA AS WELL AS THE LITTLE GIRLS WORKING IN HUMAN RESOURCES WHO ARE PREVENTING PEOPLE FROM GAINING EMPLOYMENT IN THE HEALTHCARE FIELD & RELEASING MORE INFORMATION THAN THEY SHOULD. I HOPE AETNA GETS RID OF THEIR ASSES IF THEY KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR THEM BEFORE LAWSUITS COME THEIR WAY. I WILL SOON ENOUGH HAVE A PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR FAX H.R. A REQUEST FOR INFO. TO CATCH THEM GIVING OUT RIDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF INFORMATION.

Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.