Cox Communications News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Cox Communications stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Ang in Garland, Texas

89 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?
How does Cox Communications stack up against the competition?

I worked for this company recently and a couple of different times, and I assure you, they are growing. The "head honcho" guy from Atlanta recently traveled to all of the different Cox companies and I thought it was great to see someone so high come back down to meet employees and talk about the goals and direction of the company personally. I have worked for many big companies in broadcasting including Fox Network and others. Cox really stands out. I worked for Cox once, went to another job, and was able to come back again. Their people are important. If some people complain about their job at Cox, it is more than likely, just a person they don't like, not the company itself. Two thumbs up! Someone once told me, "there are no bad companies, just bad managers". Though, I haven't even had a bad manager at Cox!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

georigagentleman in Macon, Georgia

69 months ago

No, this company is laying off left and right and they have been laying off since last year. <name removed> has announced more layoffs effective this Monday December 1st, 2008. They will be releasing 10% of their work force. Also, the office in Macon has a history of releasing employees without cause or reason.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Frank Johns in Phoenix, Arizona

69 months ago

They aren't releasing 10%, it's 2%. Big difference.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sam Austin in Phoenix, Arizona

35 months ago

They are in layoff mode, raising rates while providing nothing of substance. Go with Dish, use your cell phone and go with Qwest for internet...try to diversify from Cox and tell them their rates hikes to make more money year over year and then telling people it is to cover costs....non sense!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.