Cox said I'm mentally ill

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

twizJ in Denham Springs, Louisiana

93 months ago

I typed a rather long post, it finally stopped me from typing, then it said it was too long, like I'm suppose to count 2000 characters.

The jist of it was, I am a perfect canidate for cox tech support here in Baton Rouge, LA .. but I didn't "pass" their personality test, even though I've been in call centers for the past 6 years and they said that was what the test was to see.

I can go back in 6 months, you know, when My personality is completely different. They can kiss my big white butt.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

quackingup in Tucson, Arizona

73 months ago

twizJ

If your post is any reflection of your personality and attitude I would not want you representing my company. Just because you have the previous call center experience it does not mean that you are a good fit for Cox.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

practice Kindness in San Juan Capistrano, California

63 months ago

I have to say that Cox Communications it terrible to their employees. Sure, they offer great benefits but they will "lay off" even the most stellar employees at the drop of a hat. Here in California at their Santa Margarita facility it has happened to a great bunch of guys simply because the company was "restructuring". Many of requirements of the jobs that were "restructured" could have been met by a few of the men that were laid off, as they had been there for many years and were familiar with workings of Cox. Maybe with some additional training but new hires would need to retrained anyway. The bottom line may have been that at least a few of these men had reached the top their pay grade and maybe, as well, were close to meeting their 10 yrs---tenure. As soon as AT&T completes their digital TV service to this area, we will switch over to them and challenge everyone else to do the same, even commercial accounts. WE HAVE THE POWER, let's use it!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

simplytechnical Networking in SoCal, California

63 months ago

practice Kindness in San Juan Capistrano, California said: I have to say that Cox Communications it terrible to their employees. Sure, they offer great benefits but they will "lay off" even the most stellar employees at the drop of a hat. Here in California at their Santa Margarita facility it has happened to a great bunch of guys simply because the company was "restructuring". Many of requirements of the jobs that were "restructured" could have been met by a few of the men that were laid off, as they had been there for many years and were familiar with workings of Cox. Maybe with some additional training but new hires would need to retrained anyway. The bottom line may have been that at least a few of these men had reached the top their pay grade and maybe, as well, were close to meeting their 10 yrs---tenure. As soon as AT&T completes their digital TV service to this area, we will switch over to them and challenge everyone else to do the same, even commercial accounts. WE HAVE THE POWER, let's use it!!!

If you think Cox is bad..hahaha! AT&T is no joke! Trust me :) Like I've said in other posts..all major companies do the same thing! It's a business decision and politics. If you have alot of experience ATT will not hire you if you experience supports you getting top pay because even with the experience they still by contract have to train you ..AT&Ts training is very expensive and intense. They rather hire someone with just enough experience to qualify since they HAVE to train you anyway but they will start you at the lower pay rate for the job..again trust me on this one. As a consumer choose the best company that serves your needs with the best service..if you choose based on a companies rep on layoffs..you'll be totally defeating the cause.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

To elaborate a little more..AT&T is way more slick with their "layoffs" they are so huge and giant that they will move your job far away and offer you to follow the work..if you don't then guess what you were not layed off you quit..and guess what no "unemployment" bcause you were offered to follow the work..guess what happens to those who do move with the work? They move there with their families to get.."layed off" or offered a severence package or 30 days to find another open position. So please please understand business tactics..the larger a company is the more powerful they are. Although..once you work for AT&T and received the excellent and intense training.....you'll be extremly valuable in the industry and wil not have too much trouble finding a good job> If you play your cards right :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

quackingup in Tucson, Arizona said: twizJ

If your post is any reflection of your personality and attitude I would not want you representing my company. Just because you have the previous call center experience it does not mean that you are a good fit for Cox.

I agree. Some people just do not realize there is purpose behind everything. Just because you may have alot of experience does NOT by far mean you are qualified for the job. I've worked with people who have 20+ years of experience and trust me that does not mean they are good at what they do. It's because some believe it's your job experience that qualifies you or makes you the right person..well wake up because Personality and attitude comes first...then your experience as far as your salary..and if your experience calls for a higher salary but your personality and attitde sucks..you can reaply 6 months later ..hopefully you'll get it by then.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

But one's knowledge about the company can be based on what they or someone they know have experienced. Or on forums such as these where we can get feed-in and feed-back. Let's get the truth out there because we know that we won't get it from the corporations. Kinda like "it depends on what the meaning if 'is' is". Being laid off a job and be devastating. Does anyone think that the corporations and large companies actually care? Some of them are so fat, happy, and rich, and in no need of more---but they want more, none the less. Like a drug to them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

simplytechnical Networking in SoCal, California said: If you think Cox is bad..hahaha! AT&T is no joke! Trust me :) Like I've said in other posts..all major companies do the same thing! It's a business decision and politics. If you have alot of experience ATT will not hire you if you experience supports you getting top pay because even with the experience they still by contract have to train you ..AT&Ts training is very expensive and intense. They rather hire someone with just enough experience to qualify since they HAVE to train you anyway but they will start you at the lower pay rate for the job..again trust me on this one. As a consumer choose the best company that serves your needs with the best service..if you choose based on a companies rep on layoffs..you'll be totally defeating the cause.

But one's knowledge about the company can be based on what they or someone they know have experienced. Or on forums such as these where we can get feed-in and feed-back. Let's get the truth out there because we know that we won't get it from the corporations. Kinda like "it depends on what the meaning if 'is' is". Being laid off a job and be devastating. Does anyone think that the corporations and large companies actually care? Some of them are so fat, happy, and rich, and in no need of more---but they want more, none the less. Like a drug to them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

YouveGotToBeKiddingMe in Tucson, Arizona

60 months ago

quackingup in Tucson, Arizona said: twizJ

Look, I currently work there.. quackingup? something is wrong with you or your Liza.. or ALI.. Maybe even the horrible Dani girl? *shudders* Trust me your someone like that cause you hide your profile and sit here to police the bad things said about cox.. Cox is hypocritical..and so is this QUACK.. just like any big business.. they think they are too.. their service is horrible.. Digital tiling is NOT NORMAL.. and their management is so poor they sit in their offices and especially Dani Girl, dont know what to do with their lives and have to tell everyone about it.. Don't speak up in meetings just nod and say YAY.. oh and policy changes every minute too.. no exaggerating here.. just get used to it.. oh and a bonus in 3 years WOW $500 after 3 years!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

YouveGotToBeKiddingMe in Tucson, Arizona

60 months ago

here is my honest take on Cox. except change.. they wont lie about that.. they will ask your thoughts on changes.. but make them positive.. otherwize you will be graded apon your next review about how your not a team player for speaking up. Also, their problem greesed in employees are not going anywhere.. so if your having sex with upper management, say all you want.. infact! if you say anything remotly bad about the greased in employees, they will somehow turn it on you. When hired you are told there is a yearly bonus. HA! as I said $500 this year and previous years? $0 Cox causes call drivers. Price increase here, a change how we call the product and print it on their bill for a increase price? Has happend b4 and is going to happen again here in 3/16/2010. Tele comuting is not what your applying for, its a privadgle. say that again.. its not garenteed.. they FORCE you to volenteer for crap on your days off, and to DONATE your pay check to who they WANT you to donate to. UPSELL UPSELL UPSELL! if you dont? your call is severly ducted on their so called quality. I had to upsell to a woman who lost her husband 1 week ago. I chose not to. I was called out because of it. Call time and all the other normal call quidlines are here. with two quality people to mark your calls down for the dummest things. "Call was GREAT" but you did not say sorry to them when they forgot their credit card to make a payment" you should not wait on hold for tech when the customer has been disconnected 4 times. you know little things like that. its is not the end of me.. I will be back with more GOOD and bad things about COX! Wish me luck for a new JOB!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

rissa1813 in Destrehan, Louisiana

44 months ago

My husband has worked for Cox for three years now and we love the company. They have NEVER forced my husband to volunteer for anything and he has NEVER had to donate his pay check to anyone. The company actually pays you bonuses for jobs well done. The get points based on how many jobs they have for that day and their performances. If these points are high for the whole month they get a bonus on their paychecks. Last month my husband brought home $460 dollars in bonuses for his points remaining high for the month. My husband also recieved raises for becoming a three teir tech meaning he can install cable, internet and telephone. The company even gave him two weeks paid paternity leave when I gave birth to our daughter. His boss even suggested that he should move up in the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.