Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (25)

Tucson in Tucson, Arizona

87 months ago

Same experience as Kevin in Bradford. Interviewer was 30 minutes late. No interviewing skills what so ever. They read the questions from a sheet of paper verbatim and when starting one interviewer looked at the other and said ok, I am going to start with question 4. Very unprofessional I would not recommend working here unless there are some major changes in management. To bad too because I was really looking forward to this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

quackingup in Tucson, Arizona

63 months ago

My interview was the same as yours. But keep in mind, the interviewers are not HR people but actually team leaders from the department where you would be assigned if hired. These are the people you would work with on a daily basis. They may not have professional interviewing skills but they have enough experience to know whether you would be a good fit for the company, department and position. If there was a 30 minute delay for your interview it was probably because there was a customer service issue that needed to be addressed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AZJames in Phoenix, Arizona

62 months ago

Tucson in Tucson, Arizona said: Same experience as Kevin in Bradford. Interviewer was 30 minutes late. No interviewing skills what so ever. They read the questions from a sheet of paper verbatim and when starting one interviewer looked at the other and said ok, I am going to start with question 4. Very unprofessional I would not recommend working here unless there are some major changes in management. To bad too because I was really looking forward to this.

Well look, I've been through three phone interviews from people who don't even live in this state, and the test, and finally have a live interview tomorrow, but do I care how professional they are? NO! Because I'm up for a $52,000 a year job, with no limit on my income! An employee lunch room, full benefits from day one, AND every service they have for FREE! What's there,to complain about?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

AZJames in Phoenix, Arizona said: Well look, I've been through three phone interviews from people who don't even live in this state, and the test, and finally have a live interview tomorrow, but do I care how professional they are? NO! Because I'm up for a $52,000 a year job, with no limit on my income! An employee lunch room, full benefits from day one, AND every service they have for FREE! What's there,to complain about?

AZJames, Good attitude. I hope you get the job. Cox is a great company to work for and their benefits rock!! Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

muchfaith in Lake Forest, California

56 months ago

quackingup in Tucson, Arizona said: My interview was the same as yours. But keep in mind, the interviewers are not HR people but actually team leaders from the department where you would be assigned if hired. These are the people you would work with on a daily basis. They may not have professional interviewing skills but they have enough experience to know whether you would be a good fit for the company, department and position. If there was a 30 minute delay for your interview it was probably because there was a customer service issue that needed to be addressed.

What kind of questions do they ask?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

muchfaith in Lake Forest, California said: What kind of questions do they ask?

It has been a a couple of years since my interview, but as I recall it was things like what type of customer service experience I had, why do I want the job, how would I handle an unhappy customer, can I do more than one at a time (multi-task). The main thing is, be yourself.

I can't remember much about the skills test, except there was some basic math questions. Speed is not a factor on this test, accuracy is important.

Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

I agree with you on the accuracy. I didn't even come close to finishing the math but made sure I did them correctly. I was a math teacher and an engineer in the past and new if I couldn't finish that quantity wasn't the issue accuracy was.

My biggest customer service experience has been dealing with parents of my students but I am sure I can handle customers. I have an extensive technical background, am very computer savvy and have most of the cox services at my house. In fact I was a beta tester for the Internet service.

I have an engineering degree, a teaching credential and would really enjoy selling current technology. I've set up my own computer network at home, both wired and wireless. I've designed web pages and taught computer classes at the local junior college. You see I have a vast background but now I want to do something I can enjoy and not take home with me. I really think I could have fun selling cox services. In the past when I have done sales I was always very successful. Knowing your product and being able to show a customer the advantages they get from having the product is the best way to sell a product.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

If I was in charge of hiring I would definitely give you a second look. Making it this far in the hiring process is not easy. Good for you! Let me know what happens. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

56 months ago

AZJames in Phoenix, Arizona said: Well look, I've been through three phone interviews from people who don't even live in this state, and the test, and finally have a live interview tomorrow, but do I care how professional they are? NO! Because I'm up for a $52,000 a year job, with no limit on my income! An employee lunch room, full benefits from day one, AND every service they have for FREE! What's there,to complain about?

Just curious. Did you get the job?

56 months ago

quackingup in Tucson, Arizona said: If I was in charge of hiring I would definitely give you a second look. Making it this far in the hiring process is not easy. Good for you! Let me know what happens. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

The interview went well. At least I think so. It's been a week and I haven't heard anything yet but I got the impression they weren't hiring till the end of the month. I did find it interesting though that when I logged into the application site a message popped up asking me to fill in the highlighted parts of my application. It never asked me to do that before and it was info that was on my resume so I hadn't bothered t fill it in when I did the application. I also noticed that now the list of jobs I applied for are all still blank in the application column except the one I just interviewed for. It says application in the application column.... I wonder if that means I passed the interview and am being considered for the job! Any idea?

56 months ago

It was a couple of weeks before I heard anything. So if they are asking for more info maybe they are doing a background check.

56 months ago

They told me before the interview they would do a background check. I have no problem with that. There's nothing to find. I was just surprised that the online wanted me to add information to the application when they had me fill out a hard copy application and bring it to the interview. I took copies of recommendations to the interview also and a copy for each interviewer of my resume and the page of the application that listed all the pertinent classes I had taken! I supplied anything I could that would show I was qualified for the job and made sure to let them know I was interested in promotions so they would know I plan on staying for a while.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

You have to remember that paper applications & resumes can be lost. Most companies (especially a company with the main headquarters in another state) want to have this information in electronic format. Still keeping my fingers crossed for you.

55 months ago

Well I didn't get the job! But I did get an email requesting I fill out an application for the credit services job I applied for. Only what I don't understand is I never applied for a credit services position and they don't have one posted that I could apply for. I went ahead and filled out the application. We'll see what comes of it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

hmmmm.....sorry you didn't get the job. That is definitely strange about the other job. Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

practice Kindness in San Juan Capistrano, California

53 months ago

quackingup in Tucson, Arizona said: My interview was the same as yours. But keep in mind, the interviewers are not HR people but actually team leaders from the department where you would be assigned if hired. These are the people you would work with on a daily basis. They may not have professional interviewing skills but they have enough experience to know whether you would be a good fit for the company, department and position. If there was a 30 minute delay for your interview it was probably because there was a customer service issue that needed to be addressed.

That seems par for the course for Cox.

53 months ago

"Interviewers" interview. If there is something going on in Customer Service, there should be Customer Service Reps to take care of it.

53 months ago

muchfaith in Lake Forest, California said: They told me before the interview they would do a background check. I have no problem with that. There's nothing to find. I was just surprised that the online wanted me to add information to the application when they had me fill out a hard copy application and bring it to the interview. I took copies of recommendations to the interview also and a copy for each interviewer of my resume and the page of the application that listed all the pertinent classes I had taken! I supplied anything I could that would show I was qualified for the job and made sure to let them know I was interested in promotions so they would know I plan on staying for a while.

YOU may hope to stay for a long time but don't count on it. Read my other posts and replies to post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

To quackingup in Tucson, Arizona" At $52.000. At Cox. If I were you (knowing what I know) I would start to feel a little iffy about my future there. So keep enjoying that lunch room and all the benefits that you can but start saving your money. It would be so difficult for Cox to lay you off and hire someone at nearly half your wage. Just train 'em a little and WA-LA! Have you reached your tenure year? When you do, you can feel a little more secure. A little more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

practice Kindness in San Juan Capistrano, California said: YOU may hope to stay for a long time but don't count on it. Read my other posts and replies to post.

Doesn't really matter. I didn't get the job! And knowing someone didn't help either. I have several more apps in but not heard a thing. Hubby's work is picking up a bit. If his job get's back to normal I'll be fine with no job so maybe it's for the best!

53 months ago

You are blessed if your finances are good enough that you do not have to work.
I pray that your hubby's job will last a long, long, time. I have 2 sons who worked for Cox. One was fired approx 7 years ago after he had worked there for over 18 years. He was very knowledgeable and he did his work well. After 16 years he began going through an extremely bitter divorce from a woman who'd been addicted to meth and alcohol for most of the years they'd been married--and she got custody of the 2 young children!! After his work went down---due to the stress--he was fired. Not given any counseling, it is my opinion that they wanted him out and finally had a "good" reason. And he was so close to the 20yrs he could base his retirement on. He was 42 at the time. Now my youngest son, 45, was laid off in Sept. A stellar employee. At the top of his pay grade he was replaced by a young woman whom he had begun to train. I'm sure they started her off at much less than he was making. He would have taken an extreme loss of pay just to be able to work, as he has a physical disability: he is a dwarf. How difficult it will be for him to find work when he has to compete with men 6ft tall? One day this corporate greed will have to end when the government decides that it should take over communication industry. And, sooner or later, we will be on the "give-away train"---there will be 2 classes then. The very elite and then the rest of us. President Obama's dire enemy is Glenn Beck. I have been watching him on the FOX channel. My eyes were opened as to what will happen in the future if we all don't learn and speak out in any way we can. We have too much to loose if we don't. Take care!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

YouveGotToBeKiddingMe in Tucson, Arizona

50 months ago

AHAHA this is a total joke too.. hmm where is James today? lol.. I see the QUACK is here too.. PEOPLE who read this need to know QUACK is the police for cox.. I hope she finds out my IP address and knows who I am.. she is someone who does not belong in these sites.. we don't need a policed blog site.. give us a break. ALWAYS excuses... oh we were 20 mins late cause of this.. PLEASE TL's dont take calls.. that is what the HD does.. the tools crash all the time.. and they blame you for not being on the phone.. I filled out 20 exceptions one day for their SERVICE crashing!! Yeah I still work there .. not for long.. the changes coming down the pike are 100% ridiculous.. OH COX is having a PRICE INCREASE!! why dont you tell your customers that and not wait till MARCH 16?? oh thats right I cant say anything.. OOOPS!

YouveGotToBeKiddingMe in Tucson, Arizona

50 months ago

practice Kindness in San Juan Capistrano, California said: "Interviewers" interview. If there is something going on in Customer Service, there should be Customer Service Reps to take care of it.

Yeah TL's dont take calls I laughed out loud when I saw that.. that was funny ish.. it has to be Dani Girl or Melli.. lies..

50 months ago

YouveGotToBeKiddingMe in Tucson, Arizona said: Yeah TL's dont take calls I laughed out loud when I saw that.. that was funny ish.. it has to be Dani Girl or Melli.. lies..

Nope, not the police. I actually quit working there 3 months ago.......

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.